The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+30
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
westisbest
I'm never wrong
skiddy
GunsGerms
Adam D
Be_the_ball
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Plunky
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
BlueCoverman
SmithersJones
Shotrock
gw
gaelgowfer
golfermartin
Davie
kwinigolfer
barragan
Sand
Diggers
pedro
incontinentia
beninho
navyblueshorts
McLaren
JAS
34 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:30 am

First topic message reminder :

McLaren wrote:Right now I would rather we still had Wellbeck and little pea and that Falcao had never arrived.  Not too impressed by the signing of Di Maria either.

"We"?? I'm surprised you associate yourself to an organisation that has squandered over £135 this summer, whilst there are homeless people on the streets and starving children in the world!! They could have spent £135m on those things and left the squad alone, finishing top half would still be ok wouldn't it? Especially if so many peoples lives were improved by redirecting transfer monies to charity.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Chelsea 13 pts
Manchester 13 pts
About even Steven then.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by I'm never wrong Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 pm

raycastleunited wrote:What's the west Lothian question?
Tam Dalyell asking why is it right for Scottish/Irish/Welsh MP's to vote on matters only affecting England. he was the MP for West Lothian.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Now for something completely different...Have any of you or someone you know taken a non rent paying tenant to court under a Section 8 notice?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:55 am

JAS wrote:Looking at the last polls before the vote, if you added the Don't knows to the No's you'd get roughly the actual percentage of No votes. In other words most people who were saying Don't Know in the polls actually voted No, which to be fair you'd expect i.e. if you can't be sure, leave it as it is.

I think there would have been periods in the relatively recent past where there would have been a pretty decisive Yes vote. Specifically anytime in the period between 1983 & about 1990 when Thatcher was at the height of destroying Scotland's industrial base and a Labour alternative looked unelectable A Yes would have happened then, especially in the immediate aftermath of the poll tax experiment (they don't like me anyway let's try it on them first). Would it have been the right thing to do? probably not but we'll never know anyway. I'd say a substantial rump of the more middle aged Yes vote haven't let that era go yet. As decades pass it will be more and more forgotten. The young vote was more pro-Yes. but again as they grow up and gain a better understanding of the world their ideals will be tempered with more reality so I think any subsequent vote (which I hope there isn't for decades) would be even less likely to result in a Yes.

Precisely JAS, people's political opinion changes a lot over time. Youngsters are nearly always likely to try and be right on, they are incredibly suggestible but once they get jobs, families, houses etc priorities change. It's not a case of waiting until the older people die off, making way for a Yes vote, those people will get replaced by others, whilst you are spot on that there is a sizeable anti English, anti Tory population in places like Dundee and Glasgow who still blame Thatcher after all this time.
Furthermore, the SNP don't have a raison d'etre for another generation, so I expect them to die off a bit, whilst Lego Hair isn't exactly to galvanise them. She's a snake oil salesmen, who just refutes arguments with "That's not true" instead of giving reasons.

Still laugh when I see pictures of Yes people crying in the street, head in hands, like they've been rehearsing it, and practiced it through many world cup exits.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 am

Jas, i have never taken anyone to court, but as i work as housing officer, it is something i have seen. As long as you can prove the rent arrears the court should grant it no problem. Then it is possession order and bailiff warrant. Should be pretty straight forward, just make sure it is done correctly so the tenant cannot dispute it in court at all.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Also make sure you can prove you have reminded him to pay several times.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:46 am

Now, I have felt a bit like this before:

Spoiler:
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:49 am

You snap clubs on impulse, not for the galleries. Idiot

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:38 am

Who said English teams are not good at penalties? Liverpool-M'Boro. Crazy stuff.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Five English players start for Arsenal, oldest about 23? Good to see from a national team perspective.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Too cute not to share.

Spoiler:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 pm

what a sap. Like Panda's I think Koala's are among the worlds most pointless animals.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:55 pm

In what way?

Just curious.

Thought it was a strange thing to say.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:09 pm

westisbest wrote:In what way?

Just curious.

Thought it was a strange pointless thing to say.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Just curious.

In that people fawn over them, yet they do nothing, live dreary lives of limited diet, spend most of the time still, and are among the most boring animals I can imagine.
The pant wetting that goes on over the Panda's at Edinburgh Zoo is ridiculous, if they were to go extinct tomorrow, I couldn't care less. Just a rubbish animal, same for Koala's.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:47 pm

super_realist wrote:what a sap. Like Panda's I think Koala's are among the worlds most pointless animals.

Not as pointless as your apostrophes though Whistle

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:50 pm

True, they are rubbish animals though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

super_realist wrote:

Just curious.

In that people fawn over them, yet they do nothing, live dreary lives of limited diet, spend most of the time still,  and are among the most boring animals I can imagine.
The pant wetting that goes on over the Panda's at Edinburgh Zoo is ridiculous, if they were to go extinct tomorrow, I couldn't care less. Just a rubbish animal, same for Koala's.

Fair enough.

Not to big on panda's.
Quite like koala's though.

If I ever make it down under, would'nt mind going to see them. Also Steve Irtwin's(RIP) Zoo.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 pm

super_realist wrote:True, they are rubbish animals though.

Super, you seem to have some comprehension issues when it comes to evolution.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:50 pm

What has evolution got to do with whether I think they're boring or not?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:55 pm

You keep saying things like "they are rubbish animals", "Just a rubbish animal" or "worlds most pointless animals". You seem to think they should have a point or attain some sort of worthiness, which is quite different from evolution through natural selection.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:05 pm

No, you are deliberately missing the context. We are seemingly supposed and conditioned to think they are cute, adorable and somehow worthy of our attention manifested by them getting high billing in zoos, symbols etc when in fact, they do nothing of any interest and why should we waste our time on anything quite so dreary.

They are the animal equivalent of watching paint dry and I think there are other animals far more worthy of preserving as a species.
Especially as they don't do themselves any evolutionary favours by eating only one type of food, wouldn't mind eating a koala or panda though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Some insects only live for less than 24 hours. Now, they are pointless animals. They are born, reproduce and die. I always ask religious people why they think God created such creatures.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Some people are pointless.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:32 pm

I wouldn't put them in a zoo though, or laud them as some sort of amazing animal that we should preserve for ever more. If a panda dies out, so what.

I don't think any insects only live for a day Lorus, I think they might only exist as adults for a day, Mayflys and other ephemerids, but they do have a far more lengthy life as a larvae.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Super

Have you ever seen a koala close up, either in the wild or in a sanctuary?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Course I have, they are worse than cats for being boring. What's more, they stink.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 pm

You must be pretty fricking heartless in which case.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Says the man who laughs at dogs being dragged behind cars. Thanks for your hypocrisy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 pm

I am not sure I said it was funny, I think it just didn't seem like a particularly morally corrupt thing to do in comparison to the everyday actions of most people against their fellow man.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Strange that you find my indifference to Pandas and Koalas contemptible them

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

You must realise I was joking when I said you were heartless based in not liking koalas. But I do find you contemptible for many other reasons. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:14 pm

I never know when you are joking Mac, or when you are just being contrary, right on or overly liberal for the sake of it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 pm

In fairness to super realist, koalas dont do fk all.

I think they are a hell of lot better to look at then marabou strork's, although those do amuse me the way they look and move around.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm

I see the professionally offended are out again.

Now "outrage" at Top Gear for having a number plate which read H982 FKL.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm

You can't call an entire country "professionally offended". Sounds like they were lucky to get out of the country in one piece.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Normally agree with s_r on the whole "professionally offended" thing .. but when it comes to Clarkson he deserves everything he gets.

Do you think that reg plate was a coincidence? Of course it wasn't. He is offensively provocative at all times -the fact he is also a total kumquat just adds to it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Similar thing happened to them down in Alabama a few years ago. They had a competition to see who could get away with having the most offensive slogans etc painted on their car. To try and claim the license plate in argentina was a concidence is pretty silly given their history.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Of course it was provocative and deliberate, but it's only a number plate.  Why on earth would you be offended by that?

It is a complete over-reaction. To react with violence is simply absurd.

People make jokes about WW2 and Germany all the time and far worse with no response.

Mind you, wouldn't surprise me if this was just to whip up some publicity.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 pm

That's because the Germans (apart from the loony far right) are generally fairly apologetic about WWII and would rather forger it. The Argies, on the other hand, still are militant about Falklands and believe they are right.

Even so, if Clarkson drove around Germany in a VW with W45 HTL on his plates I wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for him either

Super - no one could ever describe me as a bleeding heart or lily livered but even I can see offense sometimes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 pm

I could understand if we'd stolen the Falklands from Argentina or something like that, but Argentina were the aggressors.

Their claim to the Falklands is like our claim to the Faroes, except the Falklands is further away from Argentina than the Faroes is from Britain.

Yes, Clarkson et al, have been deliberately provocative, but so bloody what. Just how oversensitive can you be.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:53 pm

I know - let's rent a campervan and drive around Sierra Leone with a reg plate E8 OLA

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Come on Davie, that's not remotely comparable, anyway it wouldn't be a campervan, it would be a 1980's Merc

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:05 pm

If I compared it, then at least in some minds it is comparable. And I don't believe for one moment you find anything wrong with my suggestion anyway.

On a different faux offence topic though, how about the outrage from British liberal newspapers when Billy Ray Cyrus was tricked into retweeting a photo and congratulatory message to Jimmy Saville? Apparently "wiggie" Trump has also fallen for it.

What makes the Grauniad and Independent rags think USA micro-celebs should know any better?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Come on Davie, People are dying in their thousands in Africa, no one is dying in the Falklands whilst the conflict was 32 years ago. It's a poor comparison, though I suspect you know that it wasn't a valid comparison.

I haven't seen the Billy Ray Cyrus thing, I didn't know he was still alive actually, far less still in the limelight. They fell for a trick, big deal. Nothing to get offended about, although I would question why they'd congratulate someone they'd never heard of.

Billy Ray Cyrus's haircut, is however, highly offensive.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 pm

I've done it! I've found a gramme of compassion in the s_r makeup! Yahoo

Bring on the Ebola jokes!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Davie wrote:I've done it! I've found a gramme of compassion in the s_r makeup! Yahoo

Bring on the Ebola jokes!

I wouldn't say that Davie, I've got an appreciation of timing though. I think the phrase "too soon" might be apt if I was to drive into Liberia with an E8 OLA Number plate.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Too rude to post here

http://www.sickipedia.org/search/1/?q=ebola

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:44 pm

I have to say I find it particularly hard to believe that anyone in a Spanish speaking country with a grievance about a war 32 years ago in a place they refer to as Las Malvinas would be offended about H982 FKL. Think about it, they'd have to a) know it was an English vehicle b) understand the prevalence of cherished plates in this country c) understand how vague some of those cherished plate references can be d) know Top Gear's reputation for provocation e) read the Argentinian Daily Mail. In other words, about 1.6 people, who are probably about 98 and senile.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Very good points Smithers, not to mention..... who actually takes notice of other peoples number plates in the first place. I've probably seen about 300 of them today, and I couldn't remember the first two letters of any of them. Even if I see a foreign plate, I don't take much notice.

This reeks of a publicity stunt.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next