The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+25
GSC
sodhat
Number-25
mikeygnfl
Good Golly I'm Olly
Lowlandbrit
wadey101
Take it to the house
FIFA Diva
JDizzle
Bull
twelve283
SuperTanker
Pr4wn
CFCNick
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Thomond
Forward Pass
Skyforger
NYJ
adams_legend
skins4ever
TM Moot
CJB
29 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Well played San Diego

That was a fine performance

Made Seattle look ordinary

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:32 pm

Olly wrote:Right put your mortgage on Denver now

I might lose a lot of money today.....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:37 pm

It'll be a modern day tragedy if eli gets into canton
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:40 pm

Olly wrote:Right put your mortgage on Denver now

Not looking good for anyone who put their mortgage on Denver

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

I'm no expert, but Washington had a linebacker covering Mike Evans. I think this was a bad idea.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm

JDizzle wrote:This rookie WR class is a bit good. Mike Evans has gone off today...
Manziel got the hype, but when you're playing behind first round linemen and your go to move is to chuck it in the general direction of Mike Evans it's a lot easier to look like a stud. Not many DBs in college built to stop that.

Olly wrote:It'll be a modern day tragedy if eli gets into canton
Too many rings to keep him out.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

Beckham Jr. makes some crazy catches!

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

The Giants can't be bothered calling plays properly so they go for a Fade 3 times in a row... and when they choose not to, Eli throws INT number 5

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm

JDizzle wrote:This rookie WR class is a bit good. Mike Evans has gone off today...

Mike Evans was playing the Redskins today so that doesn't count. I'm assuming you've seen, or at least read about, our secondary? They're the ones that utilise this new way of playing defense where you don't cover WRs and don't tackle them either. Results to date are not encouraging however and I can't see it catching on with other teams if I'm being honest.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:25 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:The Giants can't be bothered calling plays properly so they go for a Fade 3 times in a row... and when they choose not to, Eli throws INT number 5
That was a very weird sequence of plays, would have expected something better in that important a situation

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm

Great result for the Rams today, did not see that one coming

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:46 pm

Number-25 wrote:

Mike Evans was playing the Redskins today so that doesn't count. I'm assuming you've seen, or at least read about, our secondary? They're the ones that utilise this new way of playing defense where you don't cover WRs and don't tackle them either. Results to date are not encouraging however and I can't see it catching on with other teams if I'm being honest.

Haha, I am aware. Although it can't be worse than trying to cover Evans with a linebacker... Something must have gone wrong there.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

Boy the Arizona cardinals are good fun to watch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:08 pm

If you can't get pressure on QBs like Rodgers, you get blown out
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:09 pm

It amazes me how Greg Olsen still gets work as an offensive co - ordinator

The only thing offensive about his play calling is that its offensive to my eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:34 pm

gazzyD wrote:It amazes me how Greg Olsen still gets work as an offensive co - ordinator
Should probably just stick to being a TE (the OC is Greg Olson, no idea how you mixed those two up Wink ).

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm

Smart ar$e :p

Olsen could probably do a better job than Olson

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
gazzyD wrote:It amazes me how Greg Olsen still gets work as an offensive co - ordinator
Should probably just stick to being a TE (the OC is Greg Olson, no idea how you mixed those two up Wink ).
The Cardinals have 2 WRs named J. Brown and they wear #12 and #13 on top of that! Must get confusing Shocked

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:23 pm

Take it to the house wrote:The Cardinals have 2 WRs named J. Brown and they wear #12 and #13 on top of that! Must get confusing Shocked
Remember when the Bears had a RB called Adrian Peterson? Wonder how many people made that mistake in fantasy drafts over the years...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

Effortless Lambeau Leap from Julius peppers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

Hey guys look its the real mark Sanchez!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 12:15 am

Jerome Boger and his crew are just a complete embarrassment week in week put
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 17 Nov 2014, 1:08 am

Apparently the Redskins fans were chanting for Colt McCoy.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 2:51 am

What the Frak was that Frak deciding to audible out of the run and then throw it from Brady.

Absolute Poopie
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 4:13 am

GRRRROOOONNNKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 17 Nov 2014, 8:32 am

Important to note hot in November doesn't equal hot in January.

That said the projected Packers-Falcons wildcard game looks amazing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 12:02 pm

GSC wrote:Important to note hot in November doesn't equal hot in January.

That said the projected Packers-Falcons wildcard game looks amazing

Long old way to go yet and we got a killer schedule coming up, but having tie breakers over Denver and Indy could be important. Saying that the loss to KC looks like it could come back to haunt us.

I'm pretty amazed how well our defence is doing without Chandler Jones. Didn't think we'd be able to overcome that loss
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 12:27 pm

Anyways if you have Jonas gray in fantasy sell now, and don't pick him up. He'll have like 7 carries for 19 yards against Detroit next week
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 6:35 pm

So do Oakland go 0-16, because I know its weird to say this but they're not actually that bad considering there record (there defence can be serviceable).
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 17 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm

They are def that bad
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 17 Nov 2014, 9:00 pm

Packers are 128-9 in the first half of the last 4 home games... hot

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 17 Nov 2014, 10:32 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:Apparently the Redskins fans were chanting for Colt McCoy.

Well, a very small number were and who can blame them for venting their frustration at the team no matter how silly the chants might be. Griffin was bad yesterday but so was every single other player with the possible exception of Alfred Morris. The Redskins troubles run much, much deeper than just Griffin.

Also, I'm not impressed with Jay Gruden to this point either. Some of the play calling is baffling but worse than that, this is one of the least well prepared looking Redskins teams that I can remember watching in over 20 years of being a fan.... and there have been some real stinkers. I also don't like the way that today he has thrown Griffin under the bus. He shouldn't be offering up such a publicly negative critique of his quarterback than he just has done. That's not to say he should be sugar coating what he says about him but it should be done in the meeting room and not in public. Gruden is looking more and more out of his depth with each passing week.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Nov 2014, 12:17 am

I'm not impressed with Gruden from the standpoint he sucks as a coach, but I did like him calling out RG3, especially about him worrying about himself do his job type of thing.

And I'd imagine he's doing it in public to send a message not only to RG3 but the locker room

Ultimately RG3 has seriously regressed from his rookie year, to the point now where I dunno if Washington will pickup his option at the end of the year. Tbh I've seen nothing to justify them doing it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:35 am

Yeah, he needs to show a lot more. Given the commitment made to him, it's so disappointing to be almost 3 years and still not be sure if he's the future. Didn't see that coming during the honeymoon of the 2012 season. He's just too inconsistent - he can actually look like ok and seem like he's getting it one week and then he lays an egg next.

I didn't mind him saying others had to do better and he was far from the player to make that sort of comment after the game. That has been blown up into something he shouldn't have because what he said before and after that was all about how he had to do better. He's bang on when he says others have to do better cos all 53 of them sucked yesterday (maybe except Morris).

Gruden has a cheek calling anyone out though. Yesterday's fiasco started and ended with him not having them prepared well enough and him calling an atrocious game.

Griffin was not good though and needs to learn.... Fast!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 18 Nov 2014, 12:31 pm

Jay Gruden is a donkey

Him throwing Griffin under the bus in his press conference yesterday is a bigger news story on NFL.com than Le'Veon Bell's 200 yard game last night.

Way to go Jay.... #outofhisdepth

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

So Blount gets released. Probably should've stayed put in New England huh LeGarrette
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

He was replaceable

Like the latest flavour of the week will be
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm

Oh yeah but he had it good here, and we offered more than Pittsburgh did.

Easier to beat out Ridley than Bell.

He'll end up in Oakland now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 18 Nov 2014, 7:50 pm

Ben Tate being released is bigger news. Where to for him? Broncos? Raiders?
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

He isn't particularly good either. Plenty of chances to crack the Browns depth chart
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 19 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 B20ViVhCQAEjrgz
https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/535107611486867456

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 20 Nov 2014, 6:07 pm

I get to watch LeGarrette Blount return kicks again. There is a lord
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:33 pm

So the Buffalo game is snowed off and has to go somewhere else... if they can get out of the place with all that snow

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 20 Nov 2014, 11:39 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:So the Buffalo game is snowed off and has to go somewhere else... if they can get out of the place with all that snow
It looks like it could be moved to Ford Field in Detroit.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 21 Nov 2014, 2:06 am

Moronic that it's not being moved to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Between Buffalo and New York City, with a roof, would be the perfect venue. It only holds about 45,000 fans, but at least they'd be Bills fans - it IS a home game after all.

EDIT: Definitely Detroit then; what's the point of a home game if you can't play as close to your fans as possible?
Like a Man Utd vs Villa getting snowed out and playing it a day later in Newcastle. Daft.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 21 Nov 2014, 7:11 am

Olly wrote:So do Oakland go 0-16, because I know its weird to say this but they're not actually that bad considering there record (there defence can be serviceable).
HOW BOUT DEM RAIDERS
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:35 am

And the circle is complete again:
Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 16 GRC6lT1

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:52 am

Oakland escapes the dreaded 0-16 but surely the bell will toll for McKenzie come seasons end
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sat 22 Nov 2014, 12:55 am

Jay Gruden just can't stop throwing Griffin under the bus! Even when he is admitting that he shouldn't have done it, he goes ahead and does it again immediately. In all my time watching the NFL, I just cannot remember a HC stomping all over his QB as badly as Gruden has this week. I think someone is looking for a scapegoat to deflect attention away from his own deficiencies.

You are clown Gruden.... a clown!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 22 Nov 2014, 1:29 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Moronic that it's not being moved to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Between Buffalo and New York City, with a roof, would be the perfect venue. It only holds about 45,000 fans, but at least they'd be Bills fans - it IS a home game after all.

EDIT: Definitely Detroit then; what's the point of a home game if you can't play as close to your fans as possible?
Like a Man Utd vs Villa getting snowed out and playing it a day later in Newcastle. Daft.

Its pretty obvious really. Its a tried and tested NFL venue ready at short notice. Demonstrated they can handle this situation before
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 22 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm

As can the Carrier Dome, GSC.
Plus it might give Home advantage to the Home Team, isn't that the idea? They're having to give tickets away in Detroit; the CNY public would clamour for those seats for an NFL game.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next