The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brabham to return to motorsport

2 posters

Go down

Brabham to return to motorsport Empty Brabham to return to motorsport

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:54 am

David Brabham - son of the famous Sir Jack - is leading "Project Brabham" as it aims to enter cars in next year's World Endurance Championship.

In keeping with the modern trend for these types of ventures, fans will be able to buy a stake in the team, with the aim of turning it into a long-term business (similar to these Kickstart software and music ventures).

David stated that his eventual aim was to re-introduce the famous marque to F1 at some point in the future.

David Brabham targets return to F1
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Brabham to return to motorsport Empty Re: Brabham to return to motorsport

Post by GSC Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:40 am

Unless you've got a bottom-less pit of cash, theres no point getting into F1 these days
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:27 am

True - and it could get even tougher if the struggling teams end up dropping out and Bernie gets his wish of 8 3-car teams.

I like to think there has to be a different way of doing things though. After all, musicians and software developers have managed to be successful with these "crowd sourced" ventures, (which are also difficult industries to be successful in), so why not F1?

Its a ridiculously expensive sport these days and at some point you have to draw the line and say, its just not worth it.

I think one of the main problems is that teams (and many drivers) tend to be backed by big corporate sponsors who demand a certain level of sucess in order to continue their funding.

A new team operating on a kickstart / crowd sourced basis wouldn't necessarily need to be highly competitive / successful, as long as they operated within their means and realised from the start they would be operating as major underdogs.

I certainly don't want to see F1 reduced to a small, elite club like Ecclestone wants. If it is to continue to encourage smaller privateer teams, I think this has to be the way forward.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down