The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
trottb
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

An arthropod is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and jointed appendages. Arthropods form the phylum Arthropoda, and include the insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:40 am

Morning Ricko.

How is the self contained garden in your flat?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:49 am

Morning Tino it is lush and verdant thankyou, I will pass your regards to the gamekeeper...

Your ID card still work at work, and are you being talked about by hushed groups around the water cooler?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:52 am

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:Favourite day of the year

Why?

Using a massive scarifier, I clean out all the crap from the season and replace with new seed (50kg) and 2 tonnes of loam. I guess it is the equivalent of a spring clean, in autumn. Back breaking but rewarding.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:53 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Your ID card still work at work, and are you being talked about by hushed groups around the water cooler?

Laugh

I get so much sh*t when I walk through. The back office are alright, but the trading desks are a minefield.

I get everything from a friendly "who is the new boy" to a less friendly "oh great, c*ntface is back".

Kim is her usual bonny, happy self. She has brought in some homemade scones this morning so it was a good day to come in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:56 am

Wouldn't mind munching on her baps.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 8:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:Wouldn't mind munching on her baps.

Crass.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:01 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Crass.

Thought I'd start the day as I mean to go on.

Missus's Birthday today. Nipped out and got her a pain au chocolat for breakfast.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:02 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Crass.

Thought I'd start the day as I mean to go on.

Missus's Birthday today. Nipped out and got her a pain au chocolat for breakfast.

Nice touch.

Sex tonight? With her, not me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

Very much doubt it. Probably cats getting a brush and the 10 o'clock news on the ipad prior to coma.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:10 am

So if you wanted to extend the offer.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:16 am

seanmichaels wrote:So if you wanted to extend the offer.....

I'm happy to ask Kim for you.

I'm hardly here anymore so I'm not too bothered if she complains and I get sacked.

I'd do it for you. That's how much I care about you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:20 am

What an excellent thread split.

Should there be a comma after arachnids though?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:24 am

Union Cane wrote:What an excellent thread split.

Should there be a comma after arachnids though?

It really is.

Probably not but I copied it straight from Wiki so may want to question them?

I'm glad you're on, I am going to Grimsby next week. Pyewipe. You know it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:25 am

Yes I know it, what on earth are you going there for?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:26 am

Here you go kids, have a lyrics quiz to get the day started. There is an odd one out:

At work I just take time, And all through my coffee break time

When I heard your song, Filled my heart with your bliss, Gave me freedom

Toys and things that come by the dozen, That ain't nothin' but drug store lovin'

Man thinks about little bit of baby girls and a baby boys, Man make them happy

Woah Woman, oh woman, don't treat me so mean, You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:28 am

Ray Charles, Hit The Road Jack
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:30 am

Very good Union, if you are answering for number five, otherwise it's quite a poor answer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:31 am

4 - Gary Glittter?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:31 am

Union Cane wrote:Yes I know it, what on earth are you going there for?

Going to see a big chemical company up there. Not sure where they are exactly but somewhere there.

Moody Lane. Sounds a bit ominous.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:32 am

You neglected to number them, but yes it is for number five.

I know number one as well (I have a happy hardcore remix on vinyl) but can't think of the name.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:32 am

rick_dagless wrote:4 - Gary Glittter?

No Rick, did think it sounded a little Yewtree though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:33 am

Going to see a big chemical company up there.  Not sure where they are exactly but somewhere there.

Moody Lane.  Sounds a bit ominous.  

That'll be Novartis or Tioxide then I should imagine. Are you staying overnight or getting in and out as quickly as possible?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:34 am

on a more serious note

I think

1 is Aint Nobody but can not remember who sang it...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:37 am

Say a little prayer for you...

Forever, and ever, deedoo deedoo deedooo

Something like that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:39 am

Union Cane wrote:

Going to see a big chemical company up there.  Not sure where they are exactly but somewhere there.

That'll be Novartis or Tioxide then I should imagine. Are you staying overnight or getting in and out as quickly as possible?

Novartis.

In and out. Or would you recommend an overnighter?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:40 am

I am very much into my Motown at the moment. Hadn't realised Smokey Robinson wrote most of the tracks.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:41 am

1 - Chaka Khan - aint nobody

Though did get the artist after singing it at the vaguely bemused lass who sits near me.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:45 am

Union Cane wrote:

Novartis.

In and out.  Or would you recommend an overnighter?  

I'd recommend getting the hell out of there as soon as possible, unless Town are at home, you could pop along and watch some decent football.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

Is the link Boxers?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:48 am

1 is indeed Say A Little Prayer, is Aretha Franklin, not the happy hardcore artiste

2 is also Chaka Khan Ain't Nobody.

The link is not boxers Rick

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:49 am

Is it something to do with Motown? 3 is Otis Redding.

It's not about those black fighters you bang on about is it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:50 am

3 is Otis Redding Sean, the link is still not boxers.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:54 am

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Novartis.

I'd recommend getting the hell out of there as soon as possible, unless Town are at home, you could pop along and watch some decent football.

I wouldn't watch Grimsby if they were playing in my back garden.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 9:59 am

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Novartis.

In that case I recommend that you stay over, go for a night out in Cleethorpes, and speak as loudly as you can to as many people as possible in that wonderful accent of yours. You will be welcomed warmly, I am sure.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:01 am

If you do follow Union's advice Tina I would suggest you perhaps don't wear your cravat and blazer combination. Dial it down just a little would be my advice.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:02 am

The link/odd one out is film related by the way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:02 am

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Novartis.

In that case I recommend that you stay over, go for a night out in Cleethorpes, and speak as loudly as you can to as many people as possible in that wonderful accent of yours. You will be welcomed warmly, I am sure.

Don't they like a scouse accent up that way? They don't down here either. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

I'm not even a real scouser.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:04 am

Rowley wrote:If you do follow Union's advice Tina I would suggest you perhaps don't wear your cravat and blazer combination. Dial it down just a little would be my advice.

Good advice.

Do you think a shirt and jumper combo, without the tie would be good?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:06 am

Struggling to think of a scenario where a green on green Next combo doesn't work Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:07 am

Rowley wrote:Struggling to think of a scenario where a green on green Next combo doesn't work Tina.

Thanks Jeff. That's what I thought.

Knew I could rely on you to provide a pick me up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:12 am

Rowley wrote:The link/odd one out is film related by the way.

Is it anything to do with Star trek?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:17 am

No Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:17 am

They are all black and cool and are able to play a musical instrument in both hands?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:19 am

No LD, and there is an odd one out, the link/odd one out is still film related as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

I haven't cheated but are quite a few of them in Blues Brothers?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:26 am

Right, I have googled to check and I reckon Chaka Khan, Franklin and Charles are in the movie. Otis Redding isn't so in the absence of the last song I'm going him as the odd one out.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:28 am

seanmichaels wrote:I haven't cheated but are quite a few of them in Blues Brothers?

Maybe they were all together in some film like the Blues Brothers? Except one of them? But why? Cool

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:28 am

Well done Sean, Otis is indeed the only one not in the Blues Brothers. The final song is It's a Mans world by James Brown, who is also in the Blues Brothers.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:30 am

I like JB, have a couple of albums on my phone.

Haven't seen Blues Brothers though, so was never going to get that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:34 am

You should watch the Blues Brothers Union, it is quality. I watched it over christmas with TSMR whilst I was drunk, she went to bed in a huff when I kept saying every other line. Contrary to my opinion at the time it was neither impressive or charming.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next