The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
trottb
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

An arthropod is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and jointed appendages. Arthropods form the phylum Arthropoda, and include the insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I had Burger King on the train home.  Not so magnificent.  

I worry about you. Cornflakes and Burger King. More importantly it'll be the snacking in between these unfulfilling meals that is making you fat.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I worry about you. Cornflakes and Burger King. More importantly it'll be the snacking in between these unfulfilling meals that is making you fat.

I'm not fat. And it's branflakes not cornflakes. And Shreddies, I love them. Partial to the odd bowl of Frosties as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm

Not really a cereal man myself. I used to like 'Start'. Can you still get that?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Not really a cereal man myself. I used to like 'Start'. Can you still get that?

No idea. I'll check at Mr Dharmishra and families shop. He has a full and varied range of breakfast cereal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:50 pm

I'm a bananas, oats and protein shake kinda guy.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:51 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I'm not fat.  And it's branflakes not cornflakes.  And Shreddies, I love them.  Partial to the odd bowl of Frosties as well.

Shreddies have got a Limited Edition Hallowe'en Spooky Cinnamon box out. They're not overly scary, but taste quite nice.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:51 pm

kingraf wrote:I'm a bananas, oats and protein shake kinda wet blanket.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

Bugger of Tiña
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I'm not fat.  And it's branflakes not cornflakes.  And Shreddies, I love them.  Partial to the odd bowl of Frosties as well.

Shreddies have got a Limited Edition Hallowe'en Spooky Cinnamon box out. They're not overly scary, but taste quite nice.

Great knowledge, Jules, but I fear that would involve a trip to town which would, in turn, involve me interacting with too many humans. Something I find difficult at the best of times.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:57 pm

Tino wrote:Great knowledge, Jules, but I fear that would involve a trip to town which would, in turn, involve me interacting with too many humans. Something I find difficult at the best of times

When you are not discussing creatures with more legs than you on a sports chatroom, the internet can be used to order food from the cloud... With minimal human interaction.

You can treat yourseld to a range of scary snacks, dire drinks and nasty nibbles.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:58 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Great knowledge, Jules, but I fear that would involve a trip to town which would, in turn, involve me interacting with too many humans. Something I find difficult at the best of times

When you are not discussing creatures with more legs than you on a sports chatroom, the internet can be used to order food from the cloud... With minimal human interaction.

You can treat yourseld to a range of scary snacks, dire drinks and nasty nibbles.

We do that. Click and collect. Mrs Windows takes care of that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm

Well jump on the surreal cereal bandwagon then...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254853183 oooh, you can still get it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

My favourite was like these little shredded wheat thingys with a sugary coating on, can't remember what it was called.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

I buy the imported Lucky Charms at Tesco. £5 a box but worth it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

I am a toast man, or crumpets. Never cereals, never.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:11 pm

I like a ficel with unsalted butter. Can't get ficels here though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I like a ficel with unsalted butter.

That is because you're a ponce Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:14 pm

I am now a toast & marmalade man.

I never had breakfast at all for years but now that I am in training I get hungry.

It was Toppas that I used to like.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:15 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I like a ficel with unsalted butter. Can't get ficels here though.

Like it? You can't even spell it!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

Union Cane wrote:My favourite was like these little shredded wheat thingys with a sugary coating on, can't remember what it was called.

Yeah I loved those. I can't remember the name.

I really like crunchy nut cornflakes and sugar puffs.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

Union Cane wrote:now that I am in training

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I really like crunchy nut cornflakes and sugar puffs.

laughing
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:18 pm

unions one is probably the one you mean, nothing to see here:
The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Kellogg_s_frosted_mini_wheats-400-400

Last edited by rick_dagless on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:19 pm

Toppas:
[/The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Toppas-packung
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:57 pm

I wonder what Galted forages for breakfast?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Oct 2014, 5:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I wonder what Galted forages for breakfast?

I have a medley of 2 blocks of the M&S version of Weetabix, some muesli, some nuts and other bits mixed with milk.  Then I have a medley of green tea blended with a lemongrass, citrus and ginger tea.  Then I have a black coffee with one sugar.  Then I have a giant sh1t.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Oct 2014, 5:30 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Get her catnip. It is legal coke for animals. Drug the Frak.

Bought some a while ago, wasn't sure what to do with it so I hid it away and forgot about it.  I'm actually quite grateful for the attacks as they keep me on my toes, a bit like Inspector Clouseau and Cato. Vigilance could be very handy if the jihadists try to behead me on my way to work.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Oct 2014, 8:34 pm

Missed the blood moon, Galted... however the sunrise looks spectacular.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 09 Oct 2014, 12:13 am

Commiserations, LD, and....

Foist!!!

Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:06 am

A mate recommended an interesting series on the lives and mating rituals of young Brits. Geordie Shore, I think it was called. What a trainwreck.

Sicond
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:16 am

Third, class.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:23 am

Raf wrote:A mate recommended an interesting series on the lives and mating rituals of young Brits. Geordie Shore, I think it was called. What a trainwreck.

Crikey, if you are judging GB by Geordie shore and the Culture cup, you must think that this place is pretty screwed...

Morning Raf/Jules

Forth Bridge

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:26 am

Fifth column.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:30 am

Hard to really quantify what I saw in words. It was more the accents that rankled. Sentence structure sounds like an insurmountable obstacle. Mouths open for like two seconds before the first syllable comes out. It's quite remarkable
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:36 am

kingraf wrote:Hard to really quantify what I saw in words. It was more the accents that rankled. Sentence structure sounds like an insurmountable obstacle. Mouths open for like two seconds before the first syllable comes out. It's quite remarkable

They are from the same part of the world as Lumbering Jack.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:45 am

Tino wrote:They are from the same part of the world as Lumbering Jack.

I think this perfectly quantifies it in words...

However having lived up there quite a lot and part of my family being from there, as well as supporting the team lifelong.

I feel obliged to add that nobody from Newcastle likes anyone in Geordie shore, and most of the cast are barred from any reputable establishment, and most of the horrendous ones on the Bigg Market.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:48 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:They are from the same part of the world as Lumbering Jack.

I think this perfectly quantifies it in words...

However having lived up there quite a lot and part of my family being from there, as well as supporting the team lifelong.

I feel obliged to add that nobody from Newcastle likes anyone in Geordie shore, and most of the cast are barred from any reputable establishment, and most of the horrendous ones on the Bigg Market.

I'm from Runcorn, Rick, I shouldn't really comment on people from Nukassle.

It was just an observation to help RafCox come to terms with our geography.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:50 am

Sixth nipple

G'devenin' all.

Nice dusky sunset now, Galted. The moon looked best in places like Alice Springs.

A frigging bird (Indian Myna) just nonchalantly hopped out of the side entrance which is still open to nature. I was busy with a phone call for a few minutes. It was obviously looking for more of the chips the builders drop on my new concrete floor every day. They are marvellous scavengers... you have to give them credit for that I suppose.

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:54 am

If they were living in Joburg they would have been killed a long time ago with the nonsense they get up to*.

*And I mean that in the literal sense. Not gotten into a bit of bother. killed.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:55 am

Tino wrote:I'm from Runcorn, Rick, I shouldn't really comment on people from Nukassle.

I do not think you could have summed geordie shore better than comparing to LJ Tino.

And 2 Pints of Lager was basically as much of a documentary as Geordie Shore

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Oct 2014, 8:58 am

rick_dagless wrote:

And 2 Pints of Lager was basically as much of a documentary as Geordie Shore

Agreed.

But less funny than the reality. And that is a condemnation of 2 Pints rather than a tourist board appraisal of Runcorn.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:01 am

Shot or flamed you mean, Raf? Ha ha.

I've noticed the wildlife here is a little different to the northern beaches where I used to live.
Out here on the Cumberland Plain there's less cockatoos and kookaburras but plenty of rainbow lorikeets, ibis (which used to come from the desert region inland; then leave... but now stay in Sydney all year round), currawongs, dirty big black crows (almost a raven?) and massive packs of starlings or some similar bird which makes these soothing, ultra-high frequency sounds when excited. Quite a bizarre place this is.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:02 am

Se7enth.

If they made a sequel to Se7en would it be called Ei8ht or Se7en 2wo?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:10 am

Union Cane wrote:Se7enth.

Painful memories for me, Cane.

Went on a date with a girl to see Se7en. She got up and left during the swordwilly scene. I stayed to watch the end (good film, and I'd paid) but when I got out of the cinema, she had gone. Didn't even wait for me. Miserable cow.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:14 am

I had an idea for a sequel to seven, it was where the killer killed people based on the seven dwarves rather than sins, so for doc he killed a doctor, for dopey he killed a drug addict and so on. Would have had a lighter tone than the first film.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:16 am

Rowley wrote:I had an idea for a sequel to seven, it was where the killer killed people based on the seven dwarves rather than sins, so for doc he killed a doctor, for dopey he killed a drug addict and so on. Would have had a lighter tone than the first film.

Great idea.

Could have killed you for 'Grumpy'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:18 am

isn't there an alice in wonderland where she gets Special face cream 'd by 7 dwarves?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:21 am

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Would make for a decent film though.

Speaking of film adaptations... I read a rather convoluted idea last night that all Pixar animated films are actually interconnected, and that the little girl in Monsters Inc. was in fact also the witch in Brave. I've never watched Brave, but it was a good read. It gave me an idea for a series of Tarantino-esque films where over the course of a decade, or something I'd direct five films, and all of them would revolve around one scene from the perspectives of all the films protagonists. Genius.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:25 am

kingraf wrote:That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Would make for a decent film though.

Speaking of film adaptations... I read a rather convoluted idea last night that all Pixar animated films are actually interconnected, and that the little girl in Monsters Inc. was in fact also the witch in Brave. I've never watched Brave, but it was a good read. It gave me an idea for a series of Tarantino-esque films where over the course of a decade, or something I'd direct five films, and all of them would revolve around one scene from the perspectives of all the films protagonists. Genius.

Or contrived - take your pick.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum