The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
JuliusHMarx
Adam D
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Rowley
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 10:54

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane wrote:Decades, lol.

Oh Christ.

Not this again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:20

Number 1 is the Foo Fighters but I can't remember the song without cheating.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:32

I'll give Tino Foo Fighters and B-52's

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:33

Adam gets Phil Collins

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:34

seanmichaels wrote:I'll give Tino Foo Fighters and B-52's

Is the link something to do with WWII planes?

B-52's is obvious. Foo Fighters were what US pilots called UFO's or something along those lines

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:35

Incorrect. Good though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:41

2 is Don Henley - Boys of summer

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:42

Is the link things that fly - except Don Henley because he was no longer an Eagle?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:45

Is it something to do with cocktails?

Tom COLLINS
B52
Foo Foo
Summer (breeze)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:56

All good but all wrong.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 14:57

Is it names sean has given his Hampton over the years?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:00

I would have had a Whitesnake number if that was the case Dave.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:01

seanmichaels wrote:I would have had a Whitesnake number if that was the case Dave.

*WHITESNAKE.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:06

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I would have had a Whitesnake number if that was the case Dave.

*WHITESNAKE.

Well if you say so.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:18

Don Henley was the drummer in the Eagles. Phil Collins was the drummer in the Eagles.
Dave Grohl was the drummer in Nirvana.
Was Fred Schneider a drummer in another band?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:21

There is an odd one out. You're on the right lines though

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:24

So the other song is either Charlie Watts, Ringo Starr, Roget Taylor or Keith Moon I guess!

I would guess that its drummers who have had succesfull careers as singers too. Except for Fred Scheider who played guitar from memory?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:25

Adam D wrote:So the other song is either Charlie Watts, Ringo Starr, Roget Taylor or Keith Moon I guess!

I would guess that its drummers who have had succesfull careers as singers too. Except for Fred Scheider who played guitar from memory?

Most rock guitarists play from memory. Seldom do you see sheet music at a gig.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:26

4.) Ringo Starr - It don't come easy.

Odd one out B52's as their lead guitarist became the drummer when the original drummer got the AIDS.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:29

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Adam D wrote:So the other song is either Charlie Watts, Ringo Starr, Roget Taylor or Keith Moon I guess!

Very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:29

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Should have seen TYPE O NEGATIVE at Graspop in 2007 then. Mind you, Pete Steele was allegedly ****ed out of his mind at the time thus the necessity for an "aide memoire" Don't wish to defame the dead but they were f*cking awful

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:43

Surely TYPE O NEGATIVE would be bloody awful?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:45

You'd think that but they apparently signed their record deal with Roadrunner records in a mixture of blood and semen, so maybe I have a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 7:57

Morning All

I have nothing to say but thought I would knock the U2 thread off the top...

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:04

rick_dagless wrote:Morning All

I have nothing to say but thought I would knock the U2 thread off the top...

Fist

Morning Ricko.  Bit nippy down here in the South.  How is it in Bradders?

Interestingly, the Kings of Leon sound like U2.  Jeff Superfly Liam Gallagher says so.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:11

Like Pearl Harbour here as well Tino but a lovely autumnal feel about it, I park in an indoor car park so none of that windscreen scraping lark, which is always nice.

Originally the Kings of Leon sounded like a bunch of drunken hicks, they were great.

Morning by the way.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:17

I had a very cold drive to the nearest town, followed by a very cold wait at a platform. Followed by a horrible train journey which meant I was too close to other human beings to feel comfortable.

Then a scrum to get down to the underground, followed by some general rudeness and elbow wrestling to get on the tube. Then a brief but very cold walk to the office.

Then general shouts of "jumper w*nker" and various other hilarious jibes before reaching the sanctuary of my desk and a warming cup of coffee.

Life's a constant battle, Ricko, a constant battle.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:21

It's the jumpers that are the root cause of it all Tino. Your life would be so much better without them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:22

Ha, jumper w#nker. I'm wearing a baby blue 'jersey' from Reiss today. A friend I've known since school is shacked up with the missus's sister and he has more money than he can spend. As a result I have a wardrobe of slightly effeminate 'jerseys' that she shrunk in the wash.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:24

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's the jumpers that are the root cause of it all Tino. Your life would be so much better without them.

You say that Jules, but we are heading into winter. Surely that would be the worst time to dispense with them?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:29

Jumpers also mean you don't need to iron a shirt in the morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:30

Heavy coat*, scarf, gloves, some sort of woollen headwear if it's frosty.
I'm assuming your office isn't criminally underheated and thus nothing more than a shirt is required indoors. I'm also assuming you would never stoop to short-sleeved shirts, in summer or in winter.

*Nothing Galted would wear though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:31

seanmichaels wrote:Jumpers also mean you don't need to iron a shirt in the morning.

So does being a gardener. Another reason for you to change career.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:33

JuliusHMarx wrote:Heavy coat*, scarf, gloves, some sort of woollen headwear if it's frosty.
I'm assuming your office isn't criminally underheated and thus nothing more than a shirt is required indoors. I'm also assuming you would never stoop to short-sleeved shirts, in summer or in winter.

*Or Tech by Tumi which is actually worse than anything Galted would wear.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:34

JuliusHMarx wrote:Heavy coat*, scarf, gloves, some sort of woollen headwear if it's frosty.

*Fair point although I've never really heard of them except on here.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:36

JuliusHMarx wrote:

*Fair point although I've never really heard of them except on here.

*That's because they are horrific and no-one with any self respect would wear them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:36

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Jumpers also mean you don't need to iron a shirt in the morning.

Missus saw a clairevoyant (I don't want to know how to spell it properly) at the weekend. Despite not ever meeting me the nosey tw@t had several oinions of me including I won't be happy till I work outside.

Actually waiting to hear back from an interesting job application. Next generation pitches like Saracens and Spartak Moscow.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:38

Tino wrote:Then a scrum to get down to the underground, followed by some general rudeness and elbow wrestling to get on the tube. Then a brief but very cold walk to the office.

Then general shouts of "jumper w*nker" and various other hilarious jibes before reaching the sanctuary of my desk and a warming cup of coffee.

Life's a constant battle, Ricko, a constant battle.

I had a pleasant journey in a nice warm car, heated seats, radio on and no traffic if it makes you feel better Tino.

Though I am thinking scarf for the journey from car park at office, to the office, but then I remember I am a man of the north.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:40

rick_dagless wrote:heated seats

rick_dagless wrote:I am a man of the north.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:41

Exactly Jules...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:43

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:43

We have this toy thingy at home that the little'un sits in to stop her cracking her head open when they are learning to sit.

It's like a big soft, canvass circle with a flat middle part that they sit in and then soft outer sides that have various bells and bits of fabric for them to chew and play with.

I was watching her last night when I was alarmed to find the toy is made by a company called Galt. It has it in big letters round the side. I had never noticed it before.

After posting various times about how much he dislikes kids, wouldn't be ironic if he was actually a children's toy manufacturer.

Then it dawned on me that my youngest daughter was happily playing with Galt's ring.

Not a nice thought.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:45

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Missus saw a clairevoyant (I don't want to know how to spell it properly) at the weekend. Despite not ever meeting me the nosey tw@t had several oinions of me including I won't be happy till I work outside.

Actually waiting to hear back from an interesting job application. Next generation pitches like Saracens and Spartak Moscow.

I wouldn't be inclined to place your future in the hands of a charlatan sean, although the potential job sounds like it would suit you well. My non-typing fingers are literally crossed.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:45

Tino wrote:I was watching her last night when I was alarmed to find the toy is made by a company called Galt

Would explain a lot, especially if they produced a stuffed toy called the Galt "Ted"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:46

I'm in quite a jovial mood today. Old man called last night and told me he's getting married. Not being gay or owt but i think it is the first time I have ever welled up in happiness. I didn't dry.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:46

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

That's because the charlatan your missus was talking to would have got that specific information from your missus. Probably without her even noticing.

F*cking frauds, the lot of them.

Good luck with the application. Let us know how you're getting on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:48

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I wouldn't be inclined to place your future in the hands of a charlatan sean, although the potential job sounds like it would suit you well. My non-typing fingers are literally crossed.

I just used the same word in a post below this. I hadn't even read yours.

This has made me happier than it should do.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:52

That's because the charlatan your missus was talking to would have got that specific information from your missus.  Probably without her even noticing.  

F*cking frauds, the lot of them.

Told missus I was going to sue her. The (for want of a better word) gypsy said I was complex and selfish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:54

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We have this toy thingy at home that the little'un sits in to stop her cracking her head open when they are learning to sit.

It's like a big soft, canvass circle with a flat middle part that they sit in and then soft outer sides that have various bells and bits of fabric for them to chew and play with.

When she's grown out of it would you be interested in selling it to me? I could do with something like that once I have had a few.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:54

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I just used the same word in a post below this.  I hadn't even read yours.

This has made me happier than it should do.

I was quite pleased with my alliteration in 'charlatan sean'. It made me happier than it should do.
And sean's old man is getting married. It's good to be alive!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 8:54

rick_dagless wrote:

I had a pleasant journey in a nice warm car, heated seats, radio on and no traffic if it makes you feel better Tino.

Likewise Rick, did not activate the heated seats, because it makes me feel like I have papped myself. No radio either. I decide what music gets played in my car.

P.S. Tina is right, the Tech By Tumi is an offence to humanity and should not be worn by anyone who does not receive a winter heating allowance, ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next