The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Blood on the 29th Nov

+6
wheelchair1991
Strongback
milkyboy
catchweight
AlexHuckerby
tommyhearnsprodigalson
10 posters

Go down

Bad Blood on the 29th Nov Empty Bad Blood on the 29th Nov

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 27 Oct 2014, 7:20 pm

Is anyone else really looking forward to the 29th Nov and the Bad Blood card?

As a Boxnation subscriber I couldn't be happier,

CHISORA VS FURY
SAUNDERS VS EUBANK Jr
WALSH VS SYKES
GAVIN VS SKEETE

All 50/50 fights plus we also have
BUGLIONI VS ROBINSON

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Bad Blood on the 29th Nov Empty Re: Bad Blood on the 29th Nov

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 27 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm

Warrens best domestic card for a long time, would have to say it is slightly better than the 22nd show, not that they aren't both good shows.

For some reason I just can't get excited about Chisora Vs Fury, and Walsh Vs Sykes doesn't excite me too much either, perhaps when they're about to start I'll get into it as has happened before. But Gavin Vs. Skeete and Saunders Vs Eubank Jr especially really gets the blood pumping.

Matchrooms card isn't a stack of 50/50's but they do have some really good names with a top rematch and some good development fights on there, with the likes of Smith in against a bit more of a test. Excited to see Joshua again, although it is against Sprott which I'm not that keen for. Strange however I find it, that 2 fights ago people were crying out for him to face Sprott as it was a good fight for him, and now it seems to have shifted dramatically to the point where people are fed up with him fighting chaff. Personally not too bothered as he will be put in with top opposition soon, we'll just have to wait for it. But you know, some of the very biggest British names are on there, Groves, Degale, Joshua, Bellew, Cleverly, Callum Smith, Scott Quigg, Jamie McDonnell all guys that have either fought for a world title, hold a world title or look as though they will soon be challenging for one. And to be fair you'd probably say although they are favourites, Smith and Degale are in pretty tough fights.

Same can't quite be said for Warrens show, though Hearn does of course hold the aces in the pack when it comes to the big names and he has done his best for this card. The two biggest names on the show I suppose aren't actually even Warrens fighters, in Fury and Eubank Jr. Looking forward to both events.

Would have to say that Matchroom card isn't quite as bad as the guff of "The Magnificent Seven" but it's not fantastic quite as bad in some areas considering the amount of names it has on it. Looking at Froch Vs Kessler, it really didn't have much of an undercard with the chief support being Bellew Vs. Chilemba 2 and Groves Vs a bit of an unknown, and that was pretty much it, in balance you have an awful lot of top names in fights they should realistically win and then a really good but not quite great 50/50.

To be honest I'm not moaning too much either way £15.00 for it, not life changing. Become a wrestling fan, they have a PPV every month, now that gets a bit more expensive.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:01 pm

A card with one competitive fight and a load of one side knock over jobs just doesn't get the blood up.

Is anybody really that excited by Cleverly v Bellew? They have already fought and also both got knocked sparko when they stepped up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:58 pm

The warren card is a decent card with some competitive match ups which I'm looking forward to. I'm sorry but the matchroom card doesn't do it for me, and I won't be buying. The headline fight might be a Pickem but I couldn't give a monkey's which of the mediocre fighters on show wins. I'm interested in how degale handles periban, but he should handle him if he's going to make a mark. Likewise Smith's opponent is a step up and a decent test, but the kind of guy he should be beating if he has pretentions to world class.

Three fights that might be competitive, the rest gimmes and nothing that floats my boat.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 27 Oct 2014, 9:10 pm

The Warren card is good, but at the same time not spectacular. Looking forward especially to the Eubank/Saunders fight but also suprised it been as highly anticipated as it has.

Loads to hate about the matchroom card. An touted undercard fight to a Kell Brook v TBA or becomes ppv. And annoyingly padded out with mismatches and uncompetitve fights. I hope this doesnt become the Hearn staple. Manufucature a domestic showdown, pad it out with mismatches gimmicked as world title or eliminators and try flog it as ppv? Rubbish!

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm

People thought when Match room signed the majority of the fighters out there they would then make good matchups. Hasn't worked out that way.

Monopolies as I have always said are bad.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 7:19 am

Really looking forward to the card its the first domestic card on boxnation ive really looked forward too since i got boxnation 3 months ago

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 28 Oct 2014, 8:54 am

Wheely, I got boxnation a year ago but rarely watch it if I'm honest. I reckon on a pro rata basis, the warren card is costing me more than the matchroom would!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 9:00 am

Strongback wrote:A card with one competitive fight and a load of one side knock over jobs just doesn't get the blood up.  

Yeh, but Warren's trying his best with what he's got.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 9:03 am

As a BN subscriber I'm happy enough with this card and will be recording it (nothing remotely decent enough to watch live for) but if I wasn't a subscriber, essentially making this a PPV, I wouldn't 'buy' it any more than I would Hearn's dross PPV.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 28 Oct 2014, 9:12 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:A card with one competitive fight and a load of one side knock over jobs just doesn't get the blood up.  

Warren has four good match ups. Don't misrepresent what I said. You're not clever you're a simpleton.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 9:59 am

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Warren has four good match ups. Don't misrepresent what I said.  You're not clever you're a simpleton.

Says the bloke who used the word "HIPPOCRACY"

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:13 am

I love how strongy thinks he is above most of us on this board with his superior intellect

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:25 am

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Warren has four good match ups. Don't misrepresent what I said.  You're not clever you're a simpleton.

Too funny on too many levels..... laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 28 Oct 2014, 1:17 pm

Four good matchup's...

One is a bout between a guy who can't break world level and one who has ought once in couple of years nearly and looks far from world level. It's the exact same type of bout as Clev v Bellew.

Saunders vs Eubank is a good match up - but again if this was say Coyle vs Campbell you'd be *hit**g all over it stating it's a domestic level fight and nothing more.

Gavin vs Skeete - No better a match up than Buckland vs Rees...another match up which you moaned about when made by Hearn.

Walsh vs Sykes - Is this the Sykes that has lost 3 times, twice to Buckland...one via KO and has only fought at 12 Rounds once? Hardly sets the pulse racing...why isn't Walsh fighting higher caliber opponents by now? Another criticism your happy to label Matchroom prospects with but clearly different set of rules for Warrens.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 28 Oct 2014, 1:30 pm

I've got to say if I could only watch one, it would be the Warren card.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 1:56 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I've got to say if I could only watch one, it would be the Warren card.

Me too, but only due to it having the best singular match-up (BJS-EubankJr) and most fascinating car wreck (Fury-Chis).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 28 Oct 2014, 3:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Says the bloke who used the word "HIPPOCRACY"

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Oct 2014, 7:14 pm

The more you write Strongy, the more we realise how damn vacuous you are, your use of the English language is nefarious.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down