The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
Galted
kingraf
Rowley
Adam D
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

What, now?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Adam D wrote:5 - either serge Gainsborough with encore une fois or Vanessa Paradis with Joe le Taxi (or even Joe Dulci with shut up ya face)

Correct.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Correct on both, Adam "I am gay because Moulin Rouge is my favourite film" Davey.

That's not the reason I am gay. I have only been that way since I joined Seans cricket team.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Adam D wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Correct on both, Adam "I am gay because Moulin Rouge is my favourite film" Davey.

That's not the reason I am gay. I have only been that way since I joined Seans cricket team.

Touchco*k doesn't make you gay.  According to Sean and his hot therapist.

1) Through the hourglass I saw you.  In time you slipped away.  When the mirror crashed I called you, and turned to hear you say.

2) She's into superstitions, black cats and voodoo dolls. I feel a premonition that girl's gonna make me fall. Adam with Ricky Martin

3) None shall sleep, None shall sleep!  Even you, o, Princess in your cold room.  Watch the stars.

4) Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl.  With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there. Adam with Copaccabana

5) Et ses ponts qui brillent.  Dans sa caisse.  La musique a Joe c'est la rumba.  Le vieux rock au mambo. Adam with Joe Le Taxi

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Laugh

Is it something to do with my bird going to Berlin?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Laugh

Is it something to do with my bird going to Berlin?

Nope

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Oh, thought you were taking the pi55 suggeting she's away receiving length.

1. Take my Breath Away - Berlin

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Oh, thought you were taking the pi55 suggeting she's away receiving length.

1. Take my Breath Away - Berlin

I wasn't, but she almost certainly is.

Correct with Berlin.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Pretty sure it is something to do with language with Joe Le Taxi being the odd one out as all the others are foreign (muck) songs translated into English. 3.) Nessun Dorma

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Pretty sure it is something to do with language with Joe Le Taxi being the odd one out as all the others are foreign (muck) songs translated into English. 3.) Nessun Dorma

The song is correct. Just need the link.

1) Through the hourglass I saw you. In time you slipped away. When the mirror crashed I called you, and turned to hear you say. Sean with Berlin

2) She's into superstitions, black cats and voodoo dolls. I feel a premonition that girl's gonna make me fall. Adam with Ricky Martin

3) None shall sleep, None shall sleep! Even you, o, Princess in your cold room. Watch the stars. Sean with Nessun Dorma

4) Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there. Adam with Copaccabana

5) Et ses ponts qui brillent. Dans sa caisse. La musique a Joe c'est la rumba. Le vieux rock au mambo. Adam with Joe Le Taxi

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Am I along the right lines?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Is it that songs 2-5 are in a foreign language whereas song 1 is a band with a foreign name?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Locations of the last 5 world cups?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Is it to do with big noses?

1 - from Top Gun starring Tom Big Nose Cruise
2. Ricky Martin - big nose
3. Nessun Dorma which translated means big hooter
4. Barry Manilow - huge nose
5. Vanessa Paradis - shes a model so most probably has hoovers up a huge amount of coke up her now deviated septum?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Adam D wrote:Is it to do with big noses?

1 - from Top Gun starring Tom Big Nose Cruise
2. Ricky Martin - big nose
3. Nessun Dorma which translated means big hooter
4. Barry Manilow - huge nose
5. Vanessa Paradis - shes a model so most probably has hoovers up a huge amount of coke up her now deviated septum?

I would love this to be correct but Sean is VERY close.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:06 pm

with which guess?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:07 pm

seanmichaels wrote:with which guess?

World Cups

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:03 pm

I have not got a clue what this is...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Odd one out is Nessun Dorma which was the world cup feeem toooon. All the others sang a world cup feem toooon but the song wasn't the feem toooon?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Berlin - Germany
Ricky Martin - Spain
Pavarotti - Italy
Copacabana -  Brazil
Joe Le Taxi - France

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:10 pm

World Cup winners... Doh

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:11 pm

rick_dagless wrote:World Cup winners... Doh

The last 5 winners.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:12 pm

I f*cking hate football as well.

I only did it for you guys.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Ah well,

Quick trivia question...

Given only one of each letter in the alphabet, what largest number that you could write down using the spelling of the words? For example Zero is the smallest as it repeats no leters (No negative numbers)

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:13 pm

I would have got it if it was factually correct. Ricky Martin spanish? He's from Puerto Rico you plum.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Ricky Martin is Puerto Rican.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Sport trivia too

On June 4, 1923, jockey Frank Hayes took off through the gates at Belmont Park on Long Island. He and his horse, Sweet Kiss, made it to the finish line first. But all was not well. During the race, Hayes had a heart attack and died. Nonetheless, he was declared the winner:

But when the horse crossed the finish line it became quite evident that Frank Hayes was more than just “relaxed”- the jockey dropped out of the saddle, lifeless.

It was later determined that Hayes had died of heart failure shortly after Sweet Kiss took the lead, and the New York Times speculated that the jockey’s heart had given out as a result of severe training in order to make weight, coupled with the excitement of winning his first race. Hayes, dressed in his colorful racing silks, was buried three days later. In light of the incident, Belmont’s Jockey Club waived all of the rules and thus made Hayes’ win official. This ruling makes Frank Hayes the only jockey to win a race while deceased. In fact, it is the only time in sports history when a competition was won by a dead man.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Ah well,

Quick trivia question...

Given only one of each letter in the alphabet, what largest number that you could write down using the spelling of the words? For example Zero is the smallest as it repeats no leters (No negative numbers)

I don't understand.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Union Cane wrote:Ricky Martin is Puerto Rican.

Really?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:16 pm

2 = three letters no letter repeated

What is the largest value number using the above rule

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:17 pm

rick_dagless wrote:In fact, it is the only time in sports history when a competition was won by a dead man.

I'm sure there was a posthumous F1 champion one year.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Union wrote:I'm sure there was a posthumous F1 champion one year.

Happy to be proved wrong Union...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Eighty four?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Six thousand?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:20 pm

five thousand
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Jochan Rindt 1970.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Six thousand?

If you don't count the two 's's

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:21 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Jochen Rindt in 1970.

He didn't win any races whilst dead, obviously, but had an unassailable lead in the championship when he was killed.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:22 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I would have got it if it was factually correct. Ricky Martin spanish? He's from Puerto Rico you plum.

B*llocks.  

Not that you'd have got it anyway, softhead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Interesting story about how he copped it actually. He was afraid to wear the 5 point harness (5th point was crotch strap holding him in his seat). When he crashed he therefore slid down the man sausage[it and garoted himelf on the remaining harness he used.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Union wrote:He didn't win any races whilst dead, obviously, but had an unassailable lead in the championship when he was killed.

Cool,

So the horse trivia still valid but incorrect and needs re-wording Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Jules wrote:If you don't count the two 's's

Alas Jules, you do count them, so no...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Jochen Rindt in 1970.

He didn't win any races whilst dead, obviously, but had an unassailable lead in the championship when he was killed.

Really?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 pm

You're too quick for me Sean.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Union wrote:five thousand

yup

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:27 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:If you don't count the two 's's

Alas Jules, you do count them, so no...

Was Union correct with five thousand?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:28 pm

See above

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Yay!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Union Cane wrote:You're too quick for me Sean.

Remember watching it in the Grand Prix killer years.

Mate's old man used to tell me tales of racing back in the day whilst I did his gardening. Brutal stuff.

Famous driver Mike Hawthorn died just up the road from me. Rumours he was on the fizz at the time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Mate's old man used to tell me tales of racing back in the day whilst I did his gardening

'Gardening'

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Mate's old man used to tell me tales of racing back in the day whilst I did his gardening

'Gardening'

Laugh

Yeah. He used to come out with a deckchair and a 4 pack. He'd give me a beer or 2 and he'd natter while I worked.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next