The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME!

+7
theanimal316
Derbymanc
John Bloody Wayne
88Chris05
AdamT
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
11 posters

Go down

Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME! Empty Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:14 pm

This morning on TalkSport Tony Bellew and Steve Bounce came head to head in a heated argument on the Colin Murry show.

The argument stems from Bellews comments about ''stretching'' Clev and Bounces dislike afterward at the ill advised comments.

http://talksport.com/boxing/boxing-must-listen-buncey-gets-bashing-bellew-talksport-141112124120

Bellew is one angry young man and needs professional help.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME! Empty Re: Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME!

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

Didnt lose it with him that bad

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME! Empty Re: Bellew looses it with Bouncy........BIG TIME!

Post by AdamT Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:58 pm

Bunce can be irritating. I'm sure other fighters would love to say the same so won't hold this against Tony too much.

Bellew is actually ok when he isn't talking about him self. He's like an angry Froch.I think the pressure is telling and I fully expect Cleverly to win and I'm going to bet by stoppage. I think I did pick points but have a feeling Tony is feeling the pressure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 12 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm

It's about time Bellew wound his neck in. He's making an absolute fool of himself and has been right throughout the build up for this fight.

Yeah, Bunce annoyed a professional boxer with some of his views on his show. Big deal. Bellew's not the first and won't be the last. I don't even like Bunce but as a public figure and a relatively big name in British boxing Bellew should be big enough and ugly enough to take criticism a bit better than this and just accept that not every appraisal of him is going to be unremittingly glowing.

This 'hostility' which oozes out of his every public appearance as well as this constant head case routine is wearing seriously thin now, even more so because he ironically always ends up somehow trying to tie it in with telling everyone how 'normal' he is etc. What's more, it really doesn't do him any justice, because there are times when Bellew comes across really well and like the kind of bloke you'd like to have a pint with.

I won't be particularly surprised if he beats Cleverly, but much like other fighters who have talked big and needlessly loudly / distastefully before fights (Degale against Groves, for instance) I'm starting to think he's setting himself up for an almighty fall.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 13 Nov 2014, 12:04 am

I agree Chris

what also winds me up is his ''I'm a fighter, you're not'' routine. Why bring that up with Bouncy. We know Bouncy is a middle aged slightly overweight man who is a fan of boxing. He aint going to jump in the ring anytime soon is he?

Bellew just comes across mentally warped sometimes. Remember his ''you f**king rat'' jibe at Clev last time out.

Speaking as someone who just oozes class Bellew has NONE.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 12:12 am

Bellew i think loses the fight as he is too easy to wind up he loses focus

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:58 am

For some reason I like him more and more the more he goes on these stupid tangents.

It's like I can relate to his only occasional lucidity.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 13 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

OneTwo, didn't you state something similar along the lines of 'if you haven't been in the ring you can't comment' or some other twaddle?

Bellew needs to calm down a bit sometimes although it is funny how wound up he gets about Cleverly. I do think that a lot of this is staged for this supposedly big PPV event.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 11:18 am

Did anyone watch the gloves are off last night? I find Bellew so irritating, really hope Clev KOs him. His hatred for Clev is so strange. Really can't tell if he is hyping the fight or it is genuine.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:12 pm

I don't see what Bellew has done wrong here..........We all know Warren and him split acrimoniously.....Buncey is one of warren's most faithful servants and as such I've no doubt has stuck the boot in..

Good luck to Bellew for not answering his question....Why should he ???...

Yep criticism is part of the game but you don't have to play ball with people who have agendas...

Done nothing wrong and fairplay to him...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:15 pm

I really warmed to Bellew over these past few years, but he is seriously testing me.

He may well lay out Cleverly, but if he doesn't, he is going to look pretty silly.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:19 pm

Always tolerated, sometimes even liked Bellew but this time I'd like Clev to knock him out.

There, I've said it.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:21 pm

Is what he said any worse than Lord High C*nt Floyd Mayweather telling everyone who dares suggest he's dull that they don't know sh!t about boxing?

Okay, so Bellew's self belief far outstrips his actual ability but given people don't warm to the Cleverely's of this world's and their dull down to earth personas or God forbid a fighter who says, "I'll give it my best but I don't expect to win" honest appraisal of their abilities, there doesn't appear to be many avenues for Bellew to explore.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm

Bellew has form for this. I recall him going off with insults when Dan Rafael criticised the fact that one of the governing bodies had Bellew ranked #1 in the LHW division.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

Form doesn't matter........If a guy has an agenda against you to please his Boss which is probably the case here..

Then you're right to f**k him off....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:40 pm

Agreed, Buncey, (along with all the others) is paid by TalkSport to generate revenue by having listeners call in on a premium rate number and the best way to do that is create a bit of controversy for them to "offer their opinion". People still talk about the High Priest of Radio C*ntdom, Adrian Durham's on air spat with Jamie Carragher (what is it with TalkSport and Scousers?) so why not. It was replayed on Alan Brazil's show this morning and undoubtedly repeated on every show on the TalkSport roster to garner as much attention as possible.

Eddie will be loving it!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:47 pm

Eddie is not stupid, he knows that this is not a ppv worthy fight so they are taking every angle possible to sell the fight.

The 2 boxers will kiss and cuddle after the fight when they add a few pound notes to their balances.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:55 pm

No doubt Bunce will be at ringside to give the pre and post fight atmosphere a bit of spice...especially if the fight itself turns out to be a dull stilted affair as neither will want to lose and certainly not by KO.

Genuinely don't mind Bunce or Bellew. Bunce says what he likes (or certainly did before he became something or a corporate wh*re...but, hey, we all gotta eat) and Bellew has no compunction about letting his tongue of the leash before his brain has fully engaged (even though, as many have said, he does come across well as a studio pundit).

I'm mildly interested in the fight yet all this nonsense isn't going to make me shell out for it.

Anyway, who is Audley fighting?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 13 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm

Maybe Danny Williams will come out of retirement for the rubber match or perhaps they could find some 17st lump in the local boozer.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 2:41 pm

AdamT wrote:Maybe Danny Williams will come out of retirement for the rubber match or perhaps they could find some 17st lump in the local boozer.

I don't want to see Ricky Hatton back in the ring, Adam.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 13 Nov 2014, 2:42 pm

Code:
88Chris05 wrote:
AdamT wrote:Maybe Danny Williams will come out of retirement for the rubber match or perhaps they could find some 17st lump in the local boozer.

I don't want to see Ricky Hatton back in the ring, Adam.

Now, now Chris! We both know Hatton hasnt been that light in a few years.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Thu 13 Nov 2014, 11:19 pm

Ever since the Benn/Eubank rivalry, promoters have tried to replicate that dynamic. The wild hate-filled one vs the cool, calculating, I-don't-hate-him-but-he-hates-me wind-up merchant one. Bellew vs Cleverly is the latest incarnation of this idea. We saw it again recently with Groves and Froch. I don't buy into the Bellew/Cleverly thing, I think Bellew is laying it on thick and acting a bit.
We will see hugs and love-ins after the fight.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down