The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Silver
88Chris05
Union Cane
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
kingraf
Rowley
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Thu 20 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

ARSE

Last edited by Galted on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Nov 2014, 3:54 pm

Will done wendows.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Nov 2014, 3:55 pm

Union Cane wrote:Will done wendows.

Thinks Unien.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 26 Nov 2014, 3:57 pm

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Nov 2014, 3:58 pm

Ugly bastard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:02 pm

Just saw him on bbc. Made me chuckle. I reckon i look more like Jamie Dornan than him

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:03 pm

Did we once agree this was Union?

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I reckon i look more like Jamie Dornan than him

I reckon I look like David Gandy but it's unlikely anyone else does.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Did we once agree this was Union?

Spoiler:

I think Cane has stopped smoking now but that is definitely him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:29 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

David Gandy's brother probably looks like him as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

David Gandy's brother probably looks like him as well.

I don't look like my brother. He is a right ugly bastard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:54 pm

Mahatma Gandy more like...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Nov 2014, 5:07 pm

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Thbxgc10
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 26 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm

Union Cane wrote:The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Thbxgc10

Laugh out loud

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 26 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

Is that spinach though? I'm thinking spring nettle? Either way the Muppet would probably wear with something that doesn't match boxing boxing

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Nov 2014, 5:54 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:How's PH shaping up? Any news over there?

No further news.

I just saw a very good interview with the Doctor who described the situation in a very detailed manner with a model of a skull/neck.

When he turned his head at the point of impact he basically exposed the major artery at the base of the skull/top of the neck. It therefore hit him in the worst possible place. Much better on the skull itself apparently. Fractures there are easier to deal with he said.

So essentially he's suffered a cerebral haemorrhage with the blood flowing up to the brain. That particular area also controls consciousness... hence him blacking out almost immediately.

The Doctor (who had one of those trustworthy smiles along with a natural confidence, etc) said that they'll have to wait until the bleeding heals a bit more to determine whether they need to drill another hole to relieve any more excess built up fluid.

It somehow felt like good news if you know what I mean. Fingers crossed.

Phillip sadly passed away this afternoon. The country is in shock. We are all lost for words.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Nov 2014, 7:06 am

Just had a bit of cry... but not a proper one. I feel too choked up to let it all out.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Nov 2014, 7:46 am

Terribly sad news to wake up to.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:07 am

Rowley wrote:Terribly sad news to wake up to.

Yep, terrible shame.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:08 am

Just read the news, the 1988-2014 took a few seconds to sink in, left me pretty numb. How sick must Abbot be feeling?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:13 am

Galted wrote:Just read the news, the 1988-2014 took a few seconds to sink in, left me pretty numb. How sick must Abbot be feeling?

I just watched the Australian Cricket Association press conference and they didn't mention Abbott once which I found strange.  The ACA and the Western Australian chief didn't talk about him.  I'm not sure if they had taken a conscious decision not to mention him or not but I just found it usual that the ACA chief didn't make reference to him at all.  Perhaps the family or even Abbott had requested that they didn't, I don't know.

Micheal Clarke just read a family statement and then left, he looked ashen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:42 am

He never regained consciousness. That's incredibly sad. Never got to say goodbye.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:45 am

So sad. Should have taken a useless cnut like me. How do those players ever get over it? Just terrible.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:49 am

How does Abbot get over it? My u-16s are probably going to look at every ball as a hand grenade when we reconvene next January.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:51 am

Galted wrote:Just read the news, the 1988-2014 took a few seconds to sink in, left me pretty numb. How sick must Abbot be feeling?

I just watched the Australian Cricket Association press conference and they didn't mention Abbott once which I found strange.  The ACA and the Western Australian chief didn't talk about him.  I'm not sure if they had taken a conscious decision not to mention him or not but I just found it usual that the ACA chief didn't make reference to him at all.  Perhaps the family or even Abbott had requested that they didn't, I don't know.

Micheal Clarke just read a family statement and then left, he looked ashen.

Makes sense to keep his name out of it, the press conferences and statements are going to be broadcast ad nauseum, wouldn't be helpful to him having his name mentioned each time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:52 am

He gets over it with time, support from family and friends and the eventual, but absolutely true realisation that this is not his fault. Is no different to a boxer who kills or severely injures a person in the ring. They never truly get over it, but will come to terms with it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:58 am

Rowley wrote:He gets over it with time, support from family and friends and the eventual, but absolutely true realisation that this is not his fault. Is no different to a boxer who kills or severely injures a person in the ring. They never truly get over it, but will come to terms with it.

It's not quite the same though. I agree with the sentiment, but I doubt any cricketer goes into a game thinking "crikey, I could kill someone here". Every boxer must think that though. It comes with the territory. It doesn't with cricket.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:00 am

Rowley wrote:He gets over it with time, support from family and friends and the eventual, but absolutely true realisation that this is not his fault. Is no different to a boxer who kills or severely injures a person in the ring. They never truly get over it, but will come to terms with it.

I think you take that risk in boxing, you know the dangers. Despite what some have said, you don't walk on to the cricket pitch fearing 'serious' injury. I'm sure he'll come to terms but I cannot see how the bloke can bowl the same way again.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:01 am

Sorry windows, you beat me to it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

Christ, he's only 22 as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:03 am

seanmichaels wrote: I'm sure he'll come to terms but I cannot see how the bloke can bowl the same way again.

How will he ever let a bouncer go again? He isn't a boxer, he is a cricketer. Totally different mindset.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:08 am

Morning all.
A terrible incident for all concerned.

Sean, you're not a useless cnut - you don't want to be thinking stuff like that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:08 am

Yep.

From a personal perspective it is something I've always loved watching. I was only recalling Harmison hitting Ponting in 2005 the other day and saying what fantastic stuff it was. Donald roughing up Atherton in SA. Would I want to see that kind of aggressive bowling again? I really don't know right now.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:14 am

seanmichaels wrote:Yep.

From a personal perspective it is something I've always loved watching. I was only recalling Harmison hitting Ponting in 2005 the other day and saying what fantastic stuff it was. Donald roughing up Atherton in SA. Would I want to see that kind of aggressive bowling again? I really don't know right now.

Harmison hit 3 Aussies in the opening 30 minutes of the first test at Lords in '05. Two on the head, one on the elbow. Clarke was on the end of some brutal stuff earlier in the year from Steyn and Morkel. A sustained 5 or 6 over assault on his body and head. They didn't bowl one full ball. All short pitched stuff. He resisted it all and scored a ton. It is such a part of the fabric of cricket.

Just have to say Hughes was a freak accident and try to reconcile it that way. It's too early to make emotional decisions.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:20 am

Correct Tina, there are a number of sports where there is a risk element, if you sanitise them too far you ruin them. Some of the best moments in cricket such as Atherton vs Donald have been from a fast bowler giving both barrels to a batsman. Wlad gets slaughtered in boxing for his perceived unwillingness to brutalise second tier opponents he could seemingly easily knock out. As Tina says this is a freak accident. We can't be glib about sportspeoples safety, but we have to accept if we go too far we will ruin sports.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:21 am

It is very sad news.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:42 am

Just got this from a cricketing mate who played at quite a high level. Think it is quite sensible.

So very tragic. People will try to learn from it, want to implement new laws etc but the reality was it was almost a freak unavoidable accident. there isn't much to learn from it as hard as that may be for some to accept. Hope the media doesn't make it become a debate about safety in sport / cricket rather than focus on the tragedy that has happened.[

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:50 am

Very sad.

Anyone got a quiz?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:59 am

1 What is the name given the newest version of the Android mobile operating system?
2 Fort Knox lies in which American state? - Kentucky - Jeff
3 According to research the average Toilet Flushes in What musical key? A) B Minor  B) D Major or C) E Flat
4 How many players make up an Australian rules football team?
5 What is the next number in this sequence?  1 - 4 - 9 - 18 - 35 … - 68 Galted

Last edited by rick_dagless on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:11 am

4 is more than you expect, 16 I think

2 Might be Louisiana, but could be making that up. Am trying to remember Goldfinger.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:17 am

5 - 68?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:25 am

If Louisiana is wrong it might be Kentucky.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:28 am

Thought it was Texas

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

Kentucky Jeff could be a Blues singer

1 What is the name given the newest version of the Android mobile operating system?
3 According to research the average Toilet Flushes in What musical key? A) B Minor B) D Major or C) E Flat
4 How many players make up an Australian rules football team?
5 What is the next number in this sequence? 1 - 4 - 9 - 18 - 35 … - 68 Galted

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:43 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Thought it was Texas

We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants. I couldn't do what-, well, I could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:46 am

We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants. I couldn't do what-, well, I could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on.

I meant the band. I'm still doing yesterday's lyrics quiz.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:58 am

Laugh First time I've smiled today.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:18 am

4. 18 players (with 4 interchange players)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:19 am

Glad you rocked up TLD!

3 According to research the average Toilet Flushes in What musical key? A) B Minor B) D Major or C) E Flat
4 How many players make up an Australian rules football team? 18 TLD
5 What is the next number in this sequence? 1 - 4 - 9 - 18 - 35 … - 68 Galted

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:28 am

1. Jellybabies or something, or that might not be right
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:34 am

Think the last one was jellybean. I've already forgotten the newest one but I did hear it recently.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next