The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community

+5
I Blame Coco
Derbyblue
Notch
Thomond
CFCNick
9 posters

Go down

Community Empty Community

Post by CFCNick Thu 26 May 2011, 5:03 pm

Did anyone watch this?

It was on VIVA every Tuesday from late September to late December. It's about Jeff Winger (Joel McHale), a disbarred lawyer going to school for the first time after his bachelor's degree is revealed as a fake, or as he says "better than real". The series focuses on the experiences of Jeff and the study group he accidentally forms while pursuing Britta Perry (Gillian Jacobs), a student trying to get her life back on track. The other members of Jeff's study group include Pierce Hawthorne (Chevy Chase), a millionaire on a late in life voyage of self discovery; Annie Edison (Alison Brie), a young straight-laced student; Troy Barnes (Donald Glover), a former high school star quarterback; Shirley Bennett (Yvette Nicole Brown), a single mother going to school to jumpstart her brownie business; and Abed Nadir (Danny Pudi), a pop-culture obsessed film student. Former Spanish teacher, now student Ben "Señor" Chang (Ken Jeong) attempts to join the study group in the second season.

I watched it religiously when it was on and started downloading season 2 along with the US schedule and in March I was delighted to here it had been renewed for a third season to air in September.

The guy who plays the Dean is hilarious. It also stars John Oliver as Professor Ian Duncan who is also a Liverpool fan.

This is one of the best comedies on TV along with The US Office and 30 Rock. Great line up on NBC.

Any other Greendale Human Beings fans out there?

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Community Empty Re: Community

Post by CFCNick Thu 26 May 2011, 5:09 pm

Chevy Chase is brilliant. I love Donald Glover and Danny Pudi's "Troy and Abed" friendship, and Alison Brie, who plays Trudy in Mad Men, is brilliantly funny and gorgeous.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 26 Dec 2011, 1:42 pm

Bump

Got it yesterday and I've already watched 5 epiosdes. Love it. NBC have largely poor shows (except the Office,30 Rock and Chuck) but this is pretty good.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 30 Dec 2011, 8:48 am

Currently it's on mid season break on season 3 and the last episode aired could be the last ever. It'll be very sad if they do cancel it when terrible shows like Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls seem to be thriving on CBS.

I suppose it's just the luck of what network you're on.

Check out this scene from possible last episode, they were making fun of Glee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6F48Z-z2s4&list=FLa9d0Urh-iFh8alTHObiR_w&index=1&feature=plpp_video

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 30 Dec 2011, 11:27 am

UNBELIEVABLE show, only watched Season 1 but it just kept getting better and better until the end. Have not laughed so much at anything since the very peak of Arrested Development.

Go Human Beings

Community 50515_243006402673_3668975_n
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:46 pm

Just found out you can watch all the End Tags on the NBC website

http://www.nbc.com/community/video/categories/season-1-end-tags/1252125/p/1/?sort=newest&view=thumbnail
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:29 am

Donde esta la biblioteca?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:49 pm

I might have to get on to Amazon to replace the DVD. 2nd disc seems to have stopped working. Community 767733566

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 02 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

Thomond wrote:I might have to get on to Amazon to replace the DVD. 2nd disc seems to have stopped working. Community 767733566
Depending on how old it is and if it's first hand you might be able to take it back under it not being fit for purpose, moan about the purpose of a DVD being to be watched 100s of times. Not seen much of community but I've liked the episodes I've seen, will start watching it when I get back to university and get past the exams.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

They said they will take it back just have to get some packaging for it and send it away to them .Will be a bit of a pain in the ass but they have no problem paying for the packagin and a replacement so it's alright.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:05 am

If you like Donald Glover, check out his alter ego Childish Gambino.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:54 am

My friend recommended this show and I ignored it being ignorant. Haha but now I have seen up season 4 and my goodness its excellent. The characters are really well developed that you can actually relate to them unlike other comedies and the jokes are really good love the references. I also love that the show is willing to take risks for example the paint ball episodes.

Best comedy I've seen in awhile and I can now honestly say it trumps the show that claims to be a "geek" comedy that is the big bang theory. Community is undoubtedly much better. Who could resist the early morning show that is Tory and Abed in the morning?  Laugh  Laugh

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 10 May 2014, 2:51 pm

http://time.com/94582/nbc-community-canceled/

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 10 May 2014, 5:02 pm

Yep that's right Sad
However there is still hope for the show Nakatomi!

SAVEGREENDALE!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 03 Jun 2014, 12:46 pm

Recently got this on LoveFilm so starting from the beginning, moving toward the middle of season 1 at the moment. It's a good show and definitely seems to be finding it's feet pretty early in season 1, gradually getting funnier as the characters evolve.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 01 Aug 2014, 12:38 pm

*bump*

Working my way through season 3 and really enjoying it. All the characters are well written (although shirley can be a pain in the ass at times) and the simplest running gags, for me, are the funniest. Like chang just using his name in place of words:

'I know these air vents like the back of my chang'.

Glad to hear it's been picked up by Yahoo, more chance to watch Alison Brie Cool

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 01 Aug 2014, 2:15 pm

One of my favourite sitcoms of all time. Had a awkward patch when Harmon left, but got back closer to form last season. Think we'll have one more season before the movie.

#sixseasonsandamovie

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 02 Aug 2014, 2:58 pm

Agree with you Dolph!!!
Going to be freaking awesome! I do hope Glover returns to the show for at least a few episodes
TROY AND ABED IN THE MORNING!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:50 pm

Dan Harmon has said in an interview regarding season 6 that at the top of his wishlist is to get Donald Glover back for it. He should come back, i appreciate his music career is his priority but he's a vital part of the show and hopefully he sees that and agrees to a return.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down