The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 2 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by The Saint Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

Breadvan wrote:I'd crawl over broken glass to be Jen Lawrence's booty call. Anyhoo,saw Expendables 3. Good laugh spose...

I'm a fan, but even I think it's getting repetitive now. I got respect for these guys for bringing back that 80s action movie mayhem to the fans but Stallone needs to mix it up a bit now.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by The Saint Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:My mate is casing me to watch the Hunger Games.

Has anyone seen it (the first one) and is it worth a watch?

It's alright, I don't understand the hype. Any film with kids running amok is never good.
Bugsy Malone...Lord of the Flies

Battle Royale.  Coincidentally the film from which the Hunger Games was blatantly nicked.
Good call...haven't seen Hunger Games so can't comment on the homage to battle Royale however I did see a picture of Jennifer Lawrence in the Daily mail the other day and she's suffered a wardrobe malfunction. Some of these lads may not fancy her as much knowing she has terribly saggy t!ts that resemble spaniels ears

Battle Royale had kids running amok and that was pretty good...

And Dave, I've seen a naked Jenifer Lawrence after she was a victim of that heroic computer hacker. Your description of her is wrong!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

Seen Nightcrawler last night. Agree with previous poster who said it was a top film, great performance from Gylenhall.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:13 am

I watched Interstellar a few days ago. I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a LONG film but I didn't actually notice as I was more interested in what was going on. I was worried it was going to get a bit "Prometheus" on me by having lots of landscape shots with precious little else, but the storyline, although a little rushed and perhaps slightly pretentious in parts, is generally well written and well stitched together. I had pretty much figured out the ending halfway through the film and it doesn't break any records with ingenuity.

If I am being REALLY picky it's a little bit too LOUD (possibly because I watched in IMAX?), Anne Hathaway is annoying (as usual) and some of the "serious organ music" is a bit unnecessary and overpowering, but above all, a visually stunning film with a decent cast. 8.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sat 15 Nov 2014, 2:27 pm

Watched insomnia (the Chris Nolan version) last night. At the risk of earning Galted's wrath again I thought it was excellent. It is a simple enough premise, and the whole thing could be entirely formulaic and predictable but isn't.

Other films I've watched in the relevantly recent past include:

Good Will Hunting: well the premise is daft. I'm not doubting that someone could have an innate ability in mathematics, but simply put a janitor would not know enough maths to be able to answer those questions. But hey it's a film. I enjoyed it well enough, but found it a bit ham-fisted in places.

Chronicle: I thought this was 2/3ds of a very good film. The ending just felt a bit rushed, and it was one of those rare times when a film might have benefited from an extra 15-20 minutes or so.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 9:25 pm

Lone Survivor. Never usually like films, whereby you know the ending already, but this was very good. 8/10

Planet Terror - 6/10. If you like Zombies, you'll love it. For me, it was okay, good to see Michael Biehn though, he was one of my favourites from the 80's.

Terminal Velocity - 7/10. Decent story

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 11:27 am

The Saint wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:My mate is casing me to watch the Hunger Games.

Has anyone seen it (the first one) and is it worth a watch?

It's alright, I don't understand the hype. Any film with kids running amok is never good.
Bugsy Malone...Lord of the Flies

Battle Royale.  Coincidentally the film from which the Hunger Games was blatantly nicked.
Good call...haven't seen Hunger Games so can't comment on the homage to battle Royale however I did see a picture of Jennifer Lawrence in the Daily mail the other day and she's suffered a wardrobe malfunction. Some of these lads may not fancy her as much knowing she has terribly saggy t!ts that resemble spaniels ears

Battle Royale had kids running amok and that was pretty good...

And Dave, I've seen a naked Jenifer Lawrence after she was a victim of that heroic computer hacker. Your description of her is wrong!
Click on the Daily Mail link I posted and tell me I'm wrong THEN, in the spirit of fairness, post a link to the pictures you've seen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 17 Nov 2014, 11:45 am

Robocop

Sh.t
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 17 Nov 2014, 2:20 pm

Mike Selig wrote:Watched insomnia (the Chris Nolan version) last night. At the risk of earning Galted's wrath again I thought it was excellent. It is a simple enough premise, and the whole thing could be entirely formulaic and predictable but isn't.

Laugh

As I nick all of my cricket arguments and opinions from your posts you're allowed to enjoy a Nolan film without incurring scorn.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 11:54 pm

Watched Interstellar, thought it was spectacular visually, and although fairly predictable I still really enjoyed, didn't even notice the run time was so long

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 12:14 pm

Watched a few films over the weekend.

Jack Reacher - So hard to take Tom Cruise seriously as a tough nut. It was full of unravelling and self grandeur. Annoying. Some good scenes. 6/10

Aftermath (2012) - Just pure sh!t! 0/10

Time Lapse - Now this was a very thought provoking film. The plot seems very simple, but how the story unfolds is truly amazing. A very unique film. 8/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 12:21 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Watched a few films over the weekend.

Jack Reacher - So hard to take Tom Cruise seriously as a tough nut. It was full of unravelling and self grandeur. Annoying. Some good scenes. 6/10

Time Lapse - Now this was a very thought provoking film. The plot seems very simple, but how the story unfolds is truly amazing. A very unique film. 8/10
Far too generous, have finally watched that film despite all my hand wringing about the fact it makes a mockery of Lee Child's character to have him played by a f*cking Hobbit. I wasn't wrong in my criticism either. There are a couple of painful scenes when Cruise is talking to Robert Duvall prior to the final gunfight and he asks why Duvall is squinting ("to preserve my night vision") and why he doesn't just shoot out the lights ("The bad guys will see the muzzle flash and pinpoint me") and yet we're expected to believe that this highly cerebral Army Investigator who rose to the rank of Major doesn't know this basic sh!t (I appreciate it for the dumb as a bag of hammers audience but even so, there has to be a better way of explaining this stuff)

Sadly I can see a sequel but if they have any decency they'll get someone else in to play the lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 12:39 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Watched a few films over the weekend.

Far too generous, have finally watched that film despite all my hand wringing about the fact it makes a mockery of Lee Child's character to have him played by a f*cking Hobbit. I wasn't wrong in my criticism either. There are a couple of painful scenes when Cruise is talking to Robert Duvall prior to the final gunfight and he asks why Duvall is squinting ("to preserve my night vision") and why he doesn't just shoot out the lights ("The bad guys will see the muzzle flash and pinpoint me") and yet we're expected to believe that this highly cerebral Army Investigator who rose to the rank of Major doesn't know this basic sh!t (I appreciate it for the dumb as a bag of hammers audience but even so, there has to be a better way of explaining this stuff)

Sadly I can see a sequel but if they have any decency they'll get someone else in to play the lead.

I think was a bit generous.

It turned into a Few Good Men at one point when he was summarising and theorising with blondie about motives and what have you.

Apart from the bar fight and the bad guys getting that guy to chew his thumb off, it was quite a forgettable film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:08 pm

It was as poor an adaptation as "Shooter" was of the Stephen Hunter novel it was taken from

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:15 pm

Haven't seen Jack Reach-around, but was made to watch Dirty Dancing over the weekend. I enjoyed it.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 3:42 pm

Jack Reacher was terrible. 2/10. They should used 'The Hard Way' or 'Persuader', which stories would of made for a much more entertaining & thrilling spectacle. As for Cruise, he was totally shambolic in that role. Embarrassing casting. I would of gone for Liam Neeson or Ray Stevenson.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 18 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

I watched Zombieland again the other day. Strong cast of Eisenberg, Harrelson and Emma Stone, plus a glorious Bill Murra cameo. Pretty amusing and always worth 90 minutes of my time. 7/10.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 4:12 pm

LiamB wrote:Jack Reacher was terrible. 2/10. They should used 'The Hard Way' or 'Persuader', which stories would of made for a much more entertaining & thrilling spectacle. As for Cruise, he was totally shambolic in that role. Embarrassing casting. I would of gone for Liam Neeson or Ray Stevenson.
Neeson's the right size but too old and he certainly ain't no Matt Scudder as per "A Walk amongst the Tombstones" (dreadful adaptation too). Dwayne Johnson's definitely the right size and articulate enough...failing that I'd have gone for someone like Hugh Jackman.

Even "Killing Floor" would have been better

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 18 Nov 2014, 5:46 pm

Jack reacher was a good film.

As for cruise in the role he was fine.

Reacher is like 50 shades of grey for men, a 6"5 200lb guy trained in deadly combat and able to shoot within an inch up to 1000 yards - running around with out a care in the world solving and fighting crime (and banging the hot chicks).

People go on like it is some sort of sacrilege but Childs books aren't exactly fine literature are they? Airport/airplane books.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

Had a Van Damme fest the last 2 nights

No retreat No surrender - Cannot believe i used to watch this when I was a kid, shockingly bad from all involved.

Bloodsport - Still love it, can fast forward the rubbish talking bits just to watch the fights

Kickboxer - Not too bad but can't get over the fact JVD is supposed to be the American Brother.

Cyborg - Daft as anything else i've seen and proper take your brain out.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:45 am

Derbymanc wrote:
Bloodsport - Still love it, can fast forward the rubbish talking bits just to watch the fights
Bloodsport is great, "Very good! ...but brick not hit back!!" "You break my record, now I break you! Like I break your friend" Classic.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:49 am

Favorite Van damme movie was AWOL/Lionheart............

Liked the chick in it that looked like Ivan Drago on acid........

Bloodsport bored me..........

Better than Streetfighter though............I felt embarrassed watching that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

Favourite line in AWOL is when Van Damme is talking about his dead brother and he says something like "He was not enough strong to cope/deal with it"

ENOUGH STRONG?!?!?!?!?! How many times did they try getting him to say "strong enough" before the director threw his hands in the arms and screamed "F*ck it, that will have to do!"?

Just downloaded "Wanted Dead or Alive" with Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons (also Robert Guillume of "Benson" fame). Used to watch it over and over back in the day but will undoubtedly think it is sh*t when I watch it back again tonight.

Thing is, I can still watch the original Hitcher film over and over.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:06 pm

DAVE wrote:Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons

Kiss (KISS?) just announced for download DAVE (off the point but)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

Brilliant another reason not to go, not that I've ever needed a reason.

Besides, I have already been to DAMNATION Festival in Leeds this month and as such, have had my one day away from the wife and kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:27 pm

Thought you would be chuffed...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:39 pm

Universal Soldier would've been awesome if they filmed the actual punch up between Lundgren and Van Damme on the set!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 9:43 am

I watched Made of Stone: The Stone Roses last night. One of my favourite bands ever. Just a shame really that it never touched on band's peak and the issues behind the scenes. Great footage of them live though. It screams for the touch of Behind the Music. The only downside was Liam Gallagher, albeit a minor bit was still annoying to see that tw@t!

7/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 12:49 pm

blind - Norwegian Film about a blind woman who....haven't really got a synopsis for you as it all went along quite nicely then veered sharply into the realms of the weird and mixed her reality with her fantasy and it was hard to tell what was what after a while. In my defence...I'm not very bright!

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

Lone Survivor.

Awesome film.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:00 am

DAVE667 wrote:Favourite line in AWOL is when Van Damme is talking about his dead brother and he says something like "He was not enough strong to cope/deal with it"

ENOUGH STRONG?!?!?!?!?! How many times did they try getting him to say "strong enough" before the director threw his hands in the arms and screamed "F*ck it, that will have to do!"?

Just downloaded "Wanted Dead or Alive" with Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons (also Robert Guillume of "Benson" fame). Used to watch it over and over back in the day but will undoubtedly think it is sh*t when I watch it back again tonight.

Yes, it's sh!t...no doubt the likes of "Split Second" and "Wedlock" will also prove to be less than brilliant after a break of several years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 10:38 am

After 14 months and 3 days on my Sky + Planner I watched the 51st State.

Should've f*cking deleted it! Awful film. Apart from the scene with Ricky Tomlinson and the donut ring, the rest of it was crap!

Seems like Samuel L Jackson has been on a roll to do crappier films than the last one he made! Urgh!

3/10

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 24 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Favourite line in AWOL is when Van Damme is talking about his dead brother and he says something like "He was not enough strong to cope/deal with it"

Yes, it's sh!t...no doubt the likes of "Split Second" and "Wedlock" will also prove to be less than brilliant after a break of several years.

Split Second was a cracking film. London streets flooded, some kind of alian / animal in the sewers?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 1:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Split Second was a cracking film. London streets flooded, some kind of alian / animal in the sewers?

It's supposed to be the Devil isn't it? My issue was that, even watching it from the beginning, I felt like I'd missed about the first 40 minutes of plot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:21 pm

Warrior

I like Tom Hardy, so gave this a go. Decent enough, with some good acting, and fight scenes. The ending was a little bit slushy though and whilst not ruined the film, did mark it down for me.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

Thought Nick Nolte was great as the dad. The scene where he's roaring drunk and ranting at the audiobook of Moby Dick (?) is brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Thought Nick Nolte was great as the dad. The scene where he's roaring drunk and ranting at the audiobook of Moby Dick (?) is brilliant.

That role suited him, alright.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:03 pm

Stella wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Thought Nick Nolte was great as the dad. The scene where he's roaring drunk and ranting at the audiobook of Moby Dick (?) is brilliant.

That role suited him, alright.

Not a lot of acting require by Nolte to be fair, he does that sort of stuff his sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:30 am

Finished watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes....what's the big deal...it's f*cking Braveheart with monkeys (which basically makes it Avatar)

Can safely say I will survive without seeing how this franchise ends

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:49 am

I watched Lawless last night. I think the film lost credibility when a guy gets his throat cut and manages to survive, gets shot 6 times and manages to survive and then succumbs to pneumonia? Not tough is he!!

Plus that annoying sh!t Labeouf was in it!

There were some good scenes non the less. The highlight was an annoyingly good performance by Guy Pearce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 26 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

I saw The Imitation Game last week. Thankfully the storyline did not zero in on the difficult mathematics that Alan Turing used, instead concentrating on two parts of his life - the war time experiences at Bletchley Park and his later, more troubled life. It is a truly exceptional performance by Cumberbatch in the main role, with an excellent supporting cast of Keira Knightly (not too pouty thankfully), Charles Dance, Matthew Goode, Rory Kinnear and Mark Strong.

It focusses on the struggles to make the code-breaking machine that Turing invented work, and the bitter-sweet euphoria of when the code is finally broken. Not all films are about big effects and pretty actresses - if Benedict Cumberbatch is not nominated for this performance I will be surprised. 9/10

This week's film was Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. I was kind of expecting a third re-hash of the first 2 films, but this is much more about the struggles of the districts after the 75th games. It's even darker than the first two films, but thankfully they've given Jeffrey Wright more of a meaty role. The supporting cast still has the old favourites (Hutcherson, Tucci, Banks, Hemsworth, Harrelson and Sutherland) and also introduces new characters played by the likes of Natalie Dormer and Julianne Moore. It was nice but also sad to see the late great Phillip Seymour Hoffmann doing what he did best - captivating the audience. Of course, Jennifer Lawrence is still in good form as Katniss (looking fine even in a loose jumpsuit) and the film, although essentially a "filler" until the final installment next year, gives you enough to keep you glued to the screen without giving too much away. I am looking forward to seeing the final part. 8/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I watched Lawless last night. I think the film lost credibility when a guy gets his throat cut and manages to survive, gets shot 6 times and manages to survive and then succumbs to pneumonia? Not tough is he!!

Plus that annoying sh!t Labeouf was in it!

There were some good scenes non the less. The highlight was an annoyingly good performance by Guy Pearce.

The main reason it was so bad in bold. That and all it was really was a poor mans Untouchables, now that's a class film.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:22 am

Oh dear, I somehow contrived to watch Interstellar.

Some over-the-top, over-hyped, over-sensationalised, overly-loud, achingly-long, and tediously-predictable film.

Oddly enough, a friend of mine asked me, a few hours before I saw this travesty of a production, as to whether there was a Hell and, if so, would we burn in it?

After an hour of watching Interstellar, I realised how much of a haven Hell could be.

Awful.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:39 am

Last christmas my Wife bought me a load of horror dvds as she knows the clothes/jewellery she buys me... I never wear and It means she doesn't have to spend as much on me !!

One of the DVDs was "One Eyed Monster".......Got round to watching it a few days ago!!.......Starred Ron Jeremy and a load of other pornstars. About a d**k that was going around killing people.....(No DAVE669 wasn't in it)

Bless her I don't think she reads the back of DVDs before buying....

Basically a porno with some wasting thrown in....

Awful.......Turned it off halfway through....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Last christmas my Wife bought me a load of horror dvds as she knows the clothes/jewellery she buys me... I never wear and It means she doesn't have to spend as much on me !!

One of the DVDs was "One Eyed Monster".......Got round to watching it a few days ago!!.......Starred Ron Jeremy and a load of other pornstars.  About a d**k that was going around killing people.....(No DAVE669 wasn't in it)

Bless her I don't think she reads the back of  DVDs before buying....

Basically a porno with some wasting thrown in....

Awful.......Turned it off halfway through....

All used up after 30 minutes, Truss? We're all getting old.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:30 am

Started watching the Hunger Games...can't say it's anything special and struggle to see what's so great about it unless there's some serious asskickery later on. Only been watching it about an hour and established that Jennifer Lawrence is vastly over-rated as an actress and sex symbol. She does however, come across as a reet moody cow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 28 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Started watching the Hunger Games...can't say it's anything special and struggle to see what's so great about it unless there's some serious asskickery later on. Only been watching it about an hour and established that Jennifer Lawrence is vastly over-rated as an actress and sex symbol. She does however, come across as a reet moody cow.

The second one is much better than the first, but it's best to watch the first to get a good idea.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

I had the ordeal of watching 3 sacks of crap of films this weekend. Let's start with the worst:

Shame The Devil: Shockingly sh!t. A UK version of Saw (if you can call it that given most of the film winds up in New York) the researchers clearly have no idea how pacemakers work! The ending was truly and utterly awful. As twists go, just poor. I think the screen writer got halfway through and thought "this is sh!t. Ah fu*k it, any ending will do"

-10/10

Reasonable Doubt: Luckily not as sh!t as the film above, but that's because at least the beginning was good and made sense. Man goes to a bar and gets drunk. The only sensible thing in the film. Why Samuel L Jackson starred in this turd I will never know. It was one bad scene one after another. A man has to prosecute someone for a crime HE committed. The accused gets off and thats when it reaches a whole new level of crap plot twists.

-9.5/10

The Monuments Men: There is just something about a George Clooney film I have to watch. That's because I am thinking am I getting Seth Gecko From Dusk Til Dawn or Danny Ocean from the Ocean's Trilogy and that was answered when Matt Damon appeared in the film! Poor Goodman and Murray who's talents were wasted in this film. Could've had more scope to add more of comic touch to it. All you need to know is that WWII ended and they have to beat the Russians to the art, with the Germans burning and destroying most of it.

2/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 01 Dec 2014, 2:27 pm

The hunger games, all 3. Absolutely brill. Still think you need to read the books (for the first 2 anyway) to get a full idea of whats going on but they're spot on.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:32 am

Saw Mr. Turner the other night. Very different from a lot of the films reviewed on this thread but I enjoyed it. One of those films that really benefits you viewing it on a large screen. Some of the rural and sea scenes were stunning - would have thought it'll be an Oscar contender for Best Cinematography. Similarly, Timothy Spall for his own performance. He's a remarkably versatile actor.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next