The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

+28
Steffan
munkian
George Carlin
prop_lyd
LordDowlais
Stone Motif
alive555
Dolphin Ziggler
Jhamer25
Coleman
Sgt_Pooly
Biltong
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
Allty
wayne
VinceWLB
maestegmafia
profitius
Artful_Dodger
ME-109
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
dragon999
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
The Saint
dragon4life
32 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by dragon4life Tue 21 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

3 in Wales squad that would have been 4 if tyler was fit


Last edited by dragon4life on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

dragon4life

Posts : 455
Join date : 2013-06-16

Back to top Go down


Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 4:27 pm

munkian wrote:Not exactly THAT bad is it ?
No you are a credit to Welsh rugby Smile

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by munkian Tue 04 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm

You mean we aren't buying over rated overseas players and having them shoehorned into the national squad ?
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 41
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 04 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm

munkian wrote:You mean we aren't buying over rated overseas players and having them shoehorned into the national squad ?

How could we? Gatland or the WRU wouldn't have any such player playing in the wrong region...

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14067
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:27 pm

munkian wrote:You mean we aren't buying over rated overseas players and having them shoehorned into the national squad ?

No, he's being genuine and saying we aren't like that rabble "north of the M4", who feel the need to mouth off about everything all the time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:27 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Stone will you be updating us on how the Newport RFC fans meeting goes tonight ahead of the AGM?

Are we likely to see the dragons branded in Black and Amber next season?

Seems to me that they're Drags fans too who have concerns.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:32 pm

munkian wrote:You mean we aren't buying over rated overseas players and having them shoehorned into the national squad ?

Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:40 pm

My mates old man who used to be a teacher in my school is from Pontypool. He supports Pooler and hates the Dragons. Just saying like

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:42 pm

munkian wrote:
Steffan wrote:I got tickets for the Wales game on Saturday (agreed to go while drunk) and I look forward to watching the whopping 3 players the mighty Dragons have contributed to the squad thumbsup

So,

Dragons -  2 starters 1 on bench

Kerdiff - 4 on bench

Turks - 1 starter, 1 on Bench

Ospreys  - 5 starters - 1 on bench


Not exactly THAT bad is it ?


Ponty - 0 starters - 0 on bench

Ever again

Because they're sh5t
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:43 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote:
Steffan wrote:I got tickets for the Wales game on Saturday (agreed to go while drunk) and I look forward to watching the whopping 3 players the mighty Dragons have contributed to the squad thumbsup

So,

Dragons -  2 starters 1 on bench

Kerdiff - 4 on bench

Turks - 1 starter, 1 on Bench

Ospreys  - 5 starters - 1 on bench


Not exactly THAT bad is it ?


Ponty - 0 starters - 0 on bench

Ever again

Because they're sh5t
Go away troll

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:46 pm

You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:48 pm

Stone Motif wrote:You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?
Yes. Newport...the Paul Gallagher of pro-Welsh rugby Laugh

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:51 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:Stone will you be updating us on how the Newport RFC fans meeting goes tonight ahead of the AGM?

Are we likely to see the dragons branded in Black and Amber next season?

At a loss why you think I'd be there....?

To keep the elephant company?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:55 pm

Any news on what happened at the Newport AGM then?

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm

Stone Motif wrote:You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?

Incoming! Take cover chaps!

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:59 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?

Incoming! Take cover chaps!
Its quite amusing how the troll admits that the Dragons are Newport yet the OP denies any form of Newport being involved in the title Smile

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 6:00 pm

Steffan wrote:Any news on what happened at the Newport AGM then?

Next Wednesday mun...

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/13527687.Newport_supporters_vow_to_address_Dragons_branding/

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 6:09 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:Any news on what happened at the Newport AGM then?

Next Wednesday mun...

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/13527687.Newport_supporters_vow_to_address_Dragons_branding/
So judging by the comments there is potentially going to be a name and colour change

Newport Dragons playing in black and amber possibly?

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 6:39 pm

That doesn't seem to be what's going to happen at all. I think just because a few faceless people say something via unofficial channels, you shouldn't really take it to be gospel.

I'd be shocked if it went back to a Newport type branding.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I'd be shocked if it went back to a Newport type branding.
But you would still support them if they did a Newport type rebrand though yes?

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:12 pm

Nah, I'd come up to Sardis with you butt and say how I don't have a pro team to represent me and I'm north of the M4 too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:13 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?

Incoming! Take cover chaps!
Its quite amusing how the troll admits that the Dragons are Newport yet the OP denies any form of Newport being involved in the title Smile

The only thing that's been admitted on here is you had a traumatic episode with an old man from Pontypool.

Oh, and I admitted that Ponty (aka Blues North) are, in fact, sh5t
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:15 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?

Incoming! Take cover chaps!
Its quite amusing how the troll admits that the Dragons are Newport yet the OP denies any form of Newport being involved in the title Smile

Aye. Weird isn't it?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:Any news on what happened at the Newport AGM then?

Next Wednesday mun...

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/rugby/latest/13527687.Newport_supporters_vow_to_address_Dragons_branding/
So judging by the comments there is potentially going to be a name and colour change

Newport Dragons playing in black and amber possibly?

I'll be amazed if that happens.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24775
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm

Steffan wrote:My mates old man who used to be a teacher in my school is from Pontypool. He supports Pooler and hates the Dragons. Just saying like

So what? I know someone who supports Pooler and has a Dragons season ticket.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24775
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm

Stone Motif wrote:Oh, and I admitted that Ponty (aka Blues North) are, in fact, sh5t
Yeah so sh!t that they have won the last 4 Welsh Premierships. Not that the standard is great but Newport can't win sod all at Premiership or Pro 12 level laughing

Troll on

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:31 pm

Risca Rev wrote:That doesn't seem to be what's going to happen at all. I think just because a few faceless people say something via unofficial channels, you shouldn't really take it to be gospel.

I'd be shocked if it went back to a Newport type branding.

I'd be shocked too. Saying that, anyone in the world can click on your teams' website and it boldy states Newport GD. So they'll know you as still the Newport of old I guess, but with a GD additive.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:38 pm

Steffan wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Oh, and I admitted that Ponty (aka Blues North) are, in fact, sh5t
Yeah so sh!t that they have won the last 4 Welsh Premierships. Not that the standard is great but Newport can't win sod all at Premiership or Pro 12 level laughing

Troll on

With a little bit of Cardiff magic fairy dust of course. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:40 pm

Er, actually it 'boldly states' Newport Gwent Dragons, not Newport GD.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24775
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:40 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:You go away troll, this is a NEWPORT thread, remember?

Incoming! Take cover chaps!
Its quite amusing how the troll admits that the Dragons are Newport yet the OP denies any form of Newport being involved in the title Smile

Aye. Weird isn't it?
Yep. They don't know what they want that's the problem. At least Llanelli and Cardiff basically admit that the Scarlets and Blues are just rebrands of the clubs. With Newport you get some who think its basically Newport RFC 'A' team and other who try to believe that they are a "region"

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:41 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Steffan wrote:My mates old man who used to be a teacher in my school is from Pontypool. He supports Pooler and hates the Dragons. Just saying like

So what? I know someone who supports Pooler and has a Dragons season ticket.

I know someone from Cardiff who doesn't support Cardiff.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:42 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Er, actually it 'boldly states' Newport Gwent Dragons, not Newport GD.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com
That website is bloody awful. Whoever designed it needs sacking. Its more grimmer than the town of Newport itself

Oh wait its a "city" now isn't it laughing

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:43 pm

'Its more grimmer'?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24775
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 7:49 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Er, actually it 'boldly states' Newport Gwent Dragons, not Newport GD.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com

My fault, I missed out went and ragons.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?
My English is terrible to be fair Laugh

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:15 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?
To merge with Cardiff and become an East Wales region that we can all support

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:24 pm

Steffan wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Oh, and I admitted that Ponty (aka Blues North) are, in fact, sh5t
Yeah so sh!t that they have won the last 4 Welsh Premierships. Not that the standard is great but Newport can't win sod all at Premiership or Pro 12 level laughing

Troll on

Fair enough, Cardiff North have done alright by virtue of their academy stars. All of Newports play up at Keys and Bedwas.

You're not denying your mate's old man touched you up I notice?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?
To merge with Cardiff and become an East Wales region that we can all support

Hampster pole vault.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?
To merge with Cardiff and become an East Wales region that we can all support

As much as I might as well shout it down the toilet

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO PRO RUGBY YOU SCROUNGING VALLEY HERBERT
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:29 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?
To merge with Cardiff and become an East Wales region that we can all support

As much as I might as well shout it down the toilet

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO PRO RUGBY YOU SCROUNGING VALLEY HERBERT
I'm sure if the Newpeeeeert chavs are entitled to pro rugby us Valleys types are

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:48 pm

Steffan wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Er, actually it 'boldly states' Newport Gwent Dragons, not Newport GD.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com
That website is bloody awful. Whoever designed it needs sacking. Its more grimmer than the town of Newport itself

Oh wait its a "city" now isn't it laughing

Yes it's a city now, and bearing witness to its ongoing transformation it's quite remarkable. We even have a nando's now, and soon we will have a second cinema. What's Pontypridd got? Wink

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14067
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?

I don't believe making the Dragons just a Newport side would get more people through the turnstiles - everyone in Newport already knows the Dragons exist and I doubt many are being put off by Gwent being in the title. (I don't deny there are some.) The current name is a mouthful, hence most people drop the 'Newport' bit, and if it was up to me I'd make that abbreviation official.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24775
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:55 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Er, actually it 'boldly states' Newport Gwent Dragons, not Newport GD.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com
That website is bloody awful. Whoever designed it needs sacking. Its more grimmer than the town of Newport itself

Oh wait its a "city" now isn't it laughing

Yes it's a city now, and bearing witness to its ongoing transformation it's quite remarkable. We even have a nando's now, and soon we will have a second cinema. What's Pontypridd got? Wink
We got a park where in the summer you can go and look at all the women in little clothing. What more do you need Smile

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 8:59 pm

Steffan wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?
To merge with Cardiff and become an East Wales region that we can all support

As much as I might as well shout it down the toilet

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO PRO RUGBY YOU SCROUNGING VALLEY HERBERT
I'm sure if the Newpeeeeert chavs are entitled to pro rugby us Valleys types are

Nope.


Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:03 pm

I might start eating prawn sandwiches and join you Cardiff toffs down at the Arms Park

I've got tattoos mind so they might not let me in

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:20 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:'Its more grimmer'?

Ole!
The point is though, what's the best way forward for Newport Gwent Dragons?

I don't believe making the Dragons just a Newport side would get more people through the turnstiles - everyone in Newport already knows the Dragons exist and I doubt many are being put off by Gwent being in the title. (I don't deny there are some.) The current name is a mouthful, hence most people drop the 'Newport' bit, and if it was up to me I'd make that abbreviation official.

As merely an observer from afar, I sense there is a concerted effort to encourage the Drags to be more Newport and celebrate/embrace the same history of a famous club. I sense nothing much from the opposite direction other than what is suggested from a few on here. Black and Ambers for me although i'll miss the run out to Puff the magic dragon. That was fun.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:28 pm

Who actually came up with the name Dragons?

Its like in a meeting:

Man A: "So what other name shall we have other than Gwent then"

Man B: "Um...well I reckon that we should go for something really original"

Man A:  "Yeah...I reckon we call ourselves something a bit different to make us stand out"

Man B: "How about 'The Dragons'. Cos we are in Wales and Wales has Dragons and stuff don't it?"

Man A: "That's a wicked name butt and no other sports team in Wales has probably ever been called that"

Man B: "Dragons it is then"

Man A and Man B: "WE ROCK"

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:29 pm

Steffan wrote:I might start eating prawn sandwiches and join you Cardiff toffs down at the Arms Park

I've got tattoos mind so they might not let me in

Unoffensive tattoos allowed I would imagine. As for headwear...

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan Tue 04 Aug 2015, 9:39 pm

It would be far better if the WRU brought in a licence system where teams can apply merited on facilities, academy etc. That way everyone gets a fair shout and Newport RFC could just play in the Pro 12 as themselves but then teams like Ebbw can try and build themselves up for a licence

At present only Cardiff, Newport and Llanelli would get in but a team with a financial backer would be eligible soon like Merthyr

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:36 pm

Steffan wrote:Who actually came up with the name Dragons?

Its like in a meeting:

Man A: "So what other name shall we have other than Gwent then"

Man B: "Um...well I reckon that we should go for something really original"

Man A:  "Yeah...I reckon we call ourselves something a bit different to make us stand out"

Man B: "How about 'The Dragons'. Cos we are in Wales and Wales has Dragons and stuff don't it?"

Man A: "That's a wicked name butt and no other sports team in Wales has probably ever been called that"

Man B: "Dragons it is then"

Man A and Man B: "WE ROCK"

Could have been worse, could have been 'Celtic Warriors' TM or heaven forfend 'Valleys Rugby' TM

Then no-one would have come to watch
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum