The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

2015 Empty 2015

Post by barragan Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Happy new year, and all the best for 2015!

Going to be a big year off the course for us, we are looking forward to the expected arrival of 'No.2' mid-April. Cannae wait. 'No.1' meanwhile is due to turn 3, and just about responsible enough to accompany daddy to the practice putting green.

Golf wise, just looking forward to rest on the course from the bustle of home. H'cap expected to rise 5.2>6.5ish...

Hope you all have a memorable and positive year ahead both on and off the course.

barragan

Back to top Go down

2015 Empty Re: 2015

Post by super_realist Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Good to hear from you Barra.

Nice to have something to look forward to.

Hoping for a good one in 2015 (but I say that every year). Range at least once a week to try and sort my achilles heel of missing lots of greens from the middle of the fairway, so 100 balls every week with 7-PW should help with that.

Possible a change of country job wise though depending on the market.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:33 am

Happy New Year barra, and Congrats.

Hopefully your almost3yearold will have a cut-down club or two and start to hit some balls! The best parenting experience, and baby-sitting at the same time. Enjoy!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:42 am

Happy New Year Barra and congrats on your impending arrival.

My situation is somewhat changing as well, been seeing a lady friend since May but kept it low key and non golf interfering. It's developing into a proper relationship now though so I don't think I'll have quite the same freedom to practice & play where and when I want and /or feel like.
This year I'll be happy with consolidation hcp wise, 2014 was a big year for me, finally cracking Cat 1 after 2-3 years knocking on the door. I've already had my motivational statement. I've played generally ok this holiday, nothing great but Sat just gone I played Diamante Dunes with the Sales Manager of the development (originally from Penicuik by the way). I had an absolute stinker which prompted him to say "you're the worst 5 handicapper I've ever seen" That statement will be used to drive practice sessions throughout the year. I had a similar last year when one of my playing group assured me I'd have no chance of winning our playing groups handicap improvement sweep because of the Captains curse....just been confirmed I've taken the spoils so clearly those kind of put down statements motivate me.
Another thing I'd like to do this year is reach the half way point in chalking up UK & Ire Top 100 courses, currently on 43.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:44 am

Happy New Year Barra and congrats on your impending arrival.

My situation is somewhat changing as well, been seeing a lady friend since May but kept it low key and non golf interfering. It's developing into a proper relationship now though so I don't think I'll have quite the same freedom to practice & play where and when I want and /or feel like.
This year I'll be happy with consolidation hcp wise, 2014 was a big year for me, finally cracking Cat 1 after 2-3 years knocking on the door. I've already had my motivational statement. I've played generally ok this holiday, nothing great but Sat just gone I played Diamante Dunes with the Sales Manager of the development (originally from Penicuik by the way). I had an absolute stinker which prompted him to say "you're the worst 5 handicapper I've ever seen" That statement will be used to drive practice sessions throughout the year. I had a similar last year when one of my playing group assured me I'd have no chance of winning our playing groups handicap improvement sweep because of the Captains curse....just been confirmed I've taken the spoils so clearly those kind of put down statements motivate me.
Another thing I'd like to do this year is reach the half way point in chalking up UK & Ire Top 100 courses, currently on 43.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Congrats Barra and JAS. If she is a non golfer JAS, it must be love - all the best.
Recently acquired 2 extra "grandkids"courtesy of sons partner, so in the blink of an eye gone from zero to 4. Keen to try swinging a club, and all ready reminding me of old adage "if I'd known grandkids were such fun I'd have had them first!" Mind you have just run away for 2 months, chasing golf down under, which leads me to another advantage............
Have a great '15 everyone.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Cheers chaps. Looks like it's happening next weekend... Smile not long to wait now!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down