The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butlins at Christmas (Skegness)

4 posters

Go down

Butlins at Christmas (Skegness) Empty Butlins at Christmas (Skegness)

Post by Derbymanc Tue 06 Jan 2015, 12:22 pm

Hope you all had a happy holidays. We pushed the boat out this year and took the kids to Butlins for the festive period (Thank you santa)

Thought i'd share a few details of it with yourselves in case anyone was thinking of it but have been put off.

It was FANTASTIC, especially for the kids although it did start to drag by the end (we went for 7 nights, next time it'll be 4)
There were no major queues for anything and none of that having to queue up for half a day to get a decent seat. Kids got to see everything they wanted too, and we got to drag them to some of the evening entertainment where there was a redcoat at the front playing games and keeping the kids occupied (although as a note to some, you still have to keep an eye on your kids too, the excuse 'well how can they get lost in Butlins' makes you look a t!t)

The Skyline gang were fantastic and blew the kids away every night, they also took as much time as the children wanted (i got scolded to leave the kids alone as my lad was fine having a chat Very Happy )

Customer service was spot on and each person made us (and the kids especially) feel like we were very important. Food was fine as long as you know what to expect (Buffet style restaurant) and for the love of all that is good, don't complain when you come in last thing and find that certain specials have run out, it says right in the joining pack this might happen. Oh as a special note, over christmas we got a free bottle with our meal :-D

The only downside we had was when a bunch of kids tried to take my lads sword playset. (Super Dad got it back though boxing )

Special shout out to Bud and Sprout too for moving a bunch of obnoxious parents/adults so the kids could take part in circus skills.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Butlins at Christmas (Skegness) Empty Re: Butlins at Christmas (Skegness)

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Jan 2015, 3:00 pm

These holidays are my idea of hell, Derby.............Organised crap...

Remember fondly the holidays where my eldest and moi went to the beach.... and while Red sunbathed, went shopping or tried to read a book whilst avoiding sand kicked in her face !!............We'd splash in the sea, play soccer on the beach, tennis or chuck one of them frisbies about........

Until he got bored that is and left me high and dry with no one to play with!!!... or later on when he became the Wuss he is now...

Looking forward to more of these times with Trussy mark 3........

My life is directed enough at work....So holiday time is mine...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jan 2015, 5:29 pm

Years ago, me and my ex went to visit her nan for the day who was on holiday at Butlins in Rhyll. My dear God in Heaven, the combination of the two was just brain meltingly awful. As we drove up, the place was surrounded by a chain link fence which invoke images of a concentration camp and the dead eyed stares of the people there did little to dissuade me of that. Saw one girl stood in a field whilst her boyfriend practiced free kicks without a wall or goalie and all the snot nosed kids with their folks spent all their time shuffling up to you like midget zombies.

Rhyll, the palce that died and no-one had the decency to tell it.

All I think of when I hear Butlins is the old "comedy" show HI-DE-HI and it makes me want to run a mile

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Jan 2015, 5:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Years ago, me and my ex went to visit her nan for the day who was on holiday at Butlins in Rhyll. My dear God in Heaven, the combination of the two was just brain meltingly awful. As we drove up, the place was surrounded by a chain link fence which invoke images of a concentration camp and the dead eyed stares of the people there did little to dissuade me of that. Saw one girl stood in a field whilst her boyfriend practiced free kicks without a wall or goalie and all the snot nosed kids with their folks spent all their time shuffling up to you like midget zombies.

All I think of when I hear Butlins is the old "comedy" show HI-DE-HI and it makes me want to run a mile

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Sorry Derby If we are suggesting you're a sad loser...........We aren't !!...

Or are we !! Wink Wink Wink Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 06 Jan 2015, 6:03 pm

Your just bitter miserable old men broken by the hardships of life Smile

Gotta be honest and say I had some preconcieved notions myself all of it changed though when we got there.

Rhyl is a definite miserable place though (well it was when i wen in the early 90's.

If I ever win the lottery, i'm taking you and Dave just to cheer you up.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 06 Jan 2015, 6:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Years ago, me and my ex went to visit her nan for the day who was on holiday at Butlins in Rhyll. My dear God in Heaven, the combination of the two was just brain meltingly awful. As we drove up, the place was surrounded by a chain link fence which invoke images of a concentration camp and the dead eyed stares of the people there did little to dissuade me of that. Saw one girl stood in a field whilst her boyfriend practiced free kicks without a wall or goalie and all the snot nosed kids with their folks spent all their time shuffling up to you like midget zombies.

You should have seen my free kicks the following season though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Jan 2015, 7:34 am

super wrote:You should have seen my free kicks the following season though.

You don't have a girlfriend...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Jan 2015, 9:18 am

I sacrificed girlfriends and that for the good of my game.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Jan 2015, 9:22 am

To Mayan gods?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down