The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+37
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
Blueschief
LordDowlais
TBJ9625
munkian
Don Blues
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Fanster
Chunky Norwich
PenfroPete
Welshmushroom
dragon4life
tatterd
XR
Jhamer25
formerly known as Sam
Welly
RDW
Notch
VinceWLB
Comfort
SecretFly
George Carlin
Liam
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
Steffan
rumpelstiltskindoh
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
The Saint
Hound of Harrow
wales606
41 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, James Down, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normandale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith, Ray Lee-Lo

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams, Tom James

Full back
Blaine Scully, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill


Last edited by wales606 on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
wales606
wales606

Posts : 10728
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down


Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 24 Mar 2015, 3:28 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Jhamer25, I would give you my house if Adam decided to up sticks and move to another country, he has a young daughter who has only just started school, and they are a very settled family, which is why I think he will finish off at the Blues, the furthest he would probably go for his rugby is one of the closer Englsih sides, like Bristol or Gloucester or Bath, or furthest at a push a London side, he will play at the Blues for one or two more seasons and then call it a day I reckon.

He did have his 'deal in principle' with Toulon to be playing there after the world cup (signed last season sometime), so I it is fair to say he has definitely seriously considered a move to a different country (regardless of his family issues). When does he get his licence back? Maybe that could be a factor too, as you can commute for Cardiff to London easier if you can drive.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9932
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 38
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm

Roberts to Quins is the rumour.

https://twitter.com/neilfissler/status/580472180997230594

Coleman

Posts : 1554
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm

IronMike wrote:Hes a very good player, but is another backline player what the Blues need right now?

And i'm wondering who is deciding what players to bring in at this moment in time.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm

Coleman wrote:Roberts to Quins is the rumour.

https://twitter.com/neilfissler/status/580472180997230594

Minging.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

That guy is the man when it comes to rumours too, isn't he? Can't believe it if it is right. Was certain he would sign a DC.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:22 am

Someone said he was looking to continue his medical education at Ox or Cambs. Maybe that's part of the reason? Wonder if he'll play the Varsity.

Coleman

Posts : 1554
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by George Carlin Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:39 am

Quins signing policy is strange at the moment.
They have huge holes in their pack but if you believe the 2 strongest rumours in the market at the moment, they are down to sign Dr Roberts and Tim Visser.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15425
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 8:59 am

Biggest question - is Scott Williams now the man for the 12 shirt in Wales?

I know Gatland's law doesn't really exist, but he did make a point recently about players on a DC and those playing in Wales get the priority

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by doctornickolas Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

IronMike wrote:Biggest question - is Scott Williams now the man for the 12 shirt in Wales?

I know Gatland's law doesn't really exist, but he did make a point recently about players on a DC and those playing in Wales get the priority

Absolutely. For me Scott is the better player anyway. But I think if Roberts signs for Quins he will drop out of Wales selection anyway.

doctornickolas

Posts : 813
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Penarth

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:23 am

Williams should be in the Wales team but not at the expense of Roberts, who is absolutely immense for us. JD2 is the man who should be snubbed.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 11:38 am

I thought JD2 got better in each game, he started off pretty badly against England and first half against Scotland but then started to find his way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:56 pm

http://www.benettonrugby.it/novita.aspx?idC=3595

Filo has left the building.

Coleman

Posts : 1554
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm

The Blues are now saying they will fight the Quins to sign Roberts

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

Adam Jones to Quinsville;

"Adam Jones is leaving Cardiff Blues to join Harlequins at the end of the season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32055880

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:49 pm

IronMike wrote:The Blues are now saying they will fight the Quins to sign Roberts

I'm intrigued. Spill the beans.

Edit; Is your info from the Fail article?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:29 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
IronMike wrote:The Blues are now saying they will fight the Quins to sign Roberts

I'm intrigued. Spill the beans.

Edit; Is your info from the Fail article?

Yeah, however I see some element of truth to it, if Gatland wants Roberts on a DC then surely its an interesting offer over playing for the Quins?

That is of course unless he is dead set on carrying on with medical school

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm

IronMike wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
IronMike wrote:The Blues are now saying they will fight the Quins to sign Roberts

I'm intrigued. Spill the beans.

Edit; Is your info from the Fail article?

Yeah, however I see some element of truth to it, if Gatland wants Roberts on a DC then surely its an interesting offer over playing for the Quins?

That is of course unless he is dead set on carrying on with medical school

Aye, but the word "fight" had me interested until I read the article and realised it came from the cabin boy.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm

IronMike wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
IronMike wrote:The Blues are now saying they will fight the Quins to sign Roberts

I'm intrigued. Spill the beans.

Edit; Is your info from the Fail article?

Yeah, however I see some element of truth to it, if Gatland wants Roberts on a DC then surely its an interesting offer over playing for the Quins?

That is of course unless he is dead set on carrying on with medical school

As for DCs, from another article in the Fail, they seem as flexible as your normal club contract.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by XR Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:37 am

Wherever Roberts goes he'll be in the wales team, that's a non-starter. He leads the defence.

Not to mention 'Gatland's Law' is a farcical creation that will never ever come to fruition becuase it's just a threat, not an actuality. Think of the regional/club form of Scott Williams and Jonathan Davies this year...one plays in Wales and has been on fire, the other in france who has been ok but nothing special as of yet. Now think of Gatlands Law being enforced and 50/50 decisions go the way of the welsh based player. Now have a think of who got selected to start in all 5 games.

There's your Gatland's Law.

XR

Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Jhamer25 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 11:44 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Jhamer25, I would give you my house if Adam decided to up sticks and move to another country, he has a young daughter who has only just started school, and they are a very settled family, which is why I think he will finish off at the Blues, the furthest he would probably go for his rugby is one of the closer Englsih sides, like Bristol or Gloucester or Bath, or furthest at a push a London side, he will play at the Blues for one or two more seasons and then call it a day I reckon.

He did have his 'deal in principle' with Toulon to be playing there after the world cup (signed last season sometime), so I it is fair to say he has definitely seriously considered a move to a different country (regardless of his family issues).  When does he get his licence back?  Maybe that could be a factor too, as you can commute for Cardiff to London easier if you can drive.
Does this mean I get your house Lord haha.
No I would have thought the exact same thing a season ago but that was when he was still in the Wales set up. This has probably been his worse year of his career and on top he has lost his driving license. If i was him i would just want to get out of Wales and start a fresh slate with a good team and gain big bucks. I just hope he is able to find a bit of stability there and have a good 2 seasons with them before he retires for good; that's the least this man deserves after his services for the Ospreys and Wales.

Jhamer25

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2013-04-09
Location : Torfaen

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:01 pm

I agree. Hopefully he had a good couple of seasons before he calls it a day Regardless he's still an all time great in Wales.

Coleman

Posts : 1554
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm

gcBlues wrote:Wherever Roberts goes he'll be in the wales team, that's a non-starter. He leads the defence.

Not to mention 'Gatland's Law' is a farcical creation that will never ever come to fruition becuase it's just a threat, not an actuality. Think of the regional/club form of Scott Williams and Jonathan Davies this year...one plays in Wales and has been on fire, the other in france who has been ok but nothing special as of yet. Now think of Gatlands Law being enforced and 50/50 decisions go the way of the welsh based player. Now have a think of who got selected to start in all 5 games.

There's your Gatland's Law.


Interesting choice of phrases there GC!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 1:52 pm

Great news that Adam Jones is now joining a decent club

Hopefully Toby Faletau will be leaving Wales soon as well

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 1:59 pm

Toby is staying, this pleases me as a Dragons fan but it pleases me even more to know that this really upsets you, and that he is not joining Pontypridd Wink.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm

He wouldn't get in the Ponty team anyway. Our backrow is good enough. And Toby staying at Newport doesn't upset me although I would have preferred him to join a decent club that play in a competitive league like the Aviva or T14 as this would help his game for when he plays for Wales

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Jhamer25, I would give you my house if Adam decided to up sticks and move to another country, he has a young daughter who has only just started school, and they are a very settled family, which is why I think he will finish off at the Blues, the furthest he would probably go for his rugby is one of the closer Englsih sides, like Bristol or Gloucester or Bath, or furthest at a push a London side, he will play at the Blues for one or two more seasons and then call it a day I reckon.

He did have his 'deal in principle' with Toulon to be playing there after the world cup (signed last season sometime), so I it is fair to say he has definitely seriously considered a move to a different country (regardless of his family issues).  When does he get his licence back?  Maybe that could be a factor too, as you can commute for Cardiff to London easier if you can drive.
Does this mean I get your house Lord haha.
No I would have thought the exact same thing a season ago but that was when he was still in the Wales set up. This has probably been his worse year of his career and on top he has lost his driving license. If i was him i would just want to get out of Wales and start a fresh slate with a good team and gain big bucks. I just hope he is able to find a bit of stability there and have a good 2 seasons with them before he retires for good; that's the least this man deserves after his services for the Ospreys and Wales.

Jhamer, I will speak to him about this when I next see him, probably when he is back from Ulster, I will just pop the question about when he is putting his house up for sale as I do not want any riff raff living in my street, but I suppose commuting down the M4 for two hours is not that much of a bind.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

Steffan wrote:He wouldn't get in the Ponty team anyway.

Of course he wouldn't.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24770
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Jhamer25 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 3:25 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Jhamer25, I would give you my house if Adam decided to up sticks and move to another country, he has a young daughter who has only just started school, and they are a very settled family, which is why I think he will finish off at the Blues, the furthest he would probably go for his rugby is one of the closer Englsih sides, like Bristol or Gloucester or Bath, or furthest at a push a London side, he will play at the Blues for one or two more seasons and then call it a day I reckon.

He did have his 'deal in principle' with Toulon to be playing there after the world cup (signed last season sometime), so I it is fair to say he has definitely seriously considered a move to a different country (regardless of his family issues).  When does he get his licence back?  Maybe that could be a factor too, as you can commute for Cardiff to London easier if you can drive.
Does this mean I get your house Lord haha.
No I would have thought the exact same thing a season ago but that was when he was still in the Wales set up. This has probably been his worse year of his career and on top he has lost his driving license. If i was him i would just want to get out of Wales and start a fresh slate with a good team and gain big bucks. I just hope he is able to find a bit of stability there and have a good 2 seasons with them before he retires for good; that's the least this man deserves after his services for the Ospreys and Wales.

Jhamer, I will speak to him about this when I next see him, probably when he is back from Ulster, I will just pop the question about when he is putting his house up for sale as I do not want any riff raff living in my street, but I suppose commuting down the M4 for two hours is not that much of a bind.
 Maybe a move to Bristol could be on the cards for him. Half way between wales and London then. His wife's a head teacher at a primary school isn't she so i suppose they can't move too far

Jhamer25

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2013-04-09
Location : Torfaen

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:36 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Steffan wrote:He wouldn't get in the Ponty team anyway.

Of course he wouldn't.

Nah he wouldn't. Ponty beat fully pro teams for fun on their own, without any help. All hail the all conquering Ponty.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Nah he wouldn't. Ponty beat fully pro teams for fun on their own, without any help. All hail the all conquering Ponty

True OK

OLE cider

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:40 pm

Pontypridd Whites. What a region, they certainly embrace the concept by basing their team at Sardis Road and naming their team that represents their region Pontypridd. Not as good as Merthyr Greens though.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:46 pm

The Saint wrote:Pontypridd Whites. What a region, they certainly embrace the concept by basing their team at Sardis Road and naming their team that represents their region Pontypridd. Not as good as Merthyr Greens though.
A team called Pontypridd Whites that play all their games at Sardis Road is no less a "region" than a team called Newport Gwent Dragons that play all their home games at Rodney Parade or a team called Cardiff Blues that play all their home games at the Arms Park. But then again Wales doesn't have regions so it makes no difference

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm

But when I logged on to their web-site I found that Dragons were actually a regional team.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

To be fair Steff, at least Scarlets and Ospreys have dropped their town names to try and appease the fans of their supposed regions, I cannot see Newport or Cardiff ever dropping their names from their regions and that is why they will continue to be the poorer performing sides of the four regions, although, I will always go down to the Arms park to watch Cardiff Blues for my sins.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

The Saint wrote:But when I logged on to their web-site I found that Dragons were claiming to be actually a regional team.
Fixed that for you thumbsup

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm

Now LD is trying to bait me by getting in on the action Laugh - didn't know we could reach the top of the league by dropping Newport Gwent from our name. What are we waiting for?

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I will always go down to the Arms park to watch Cardiff Blues for my sins
Bah...don't go wasting your money down there lining Peter Pies pockets. Get down to Sardis and watch a real team. Can we count in you to join the fellow eight thousand Ponty fans we get at every home game?

OLE Very Happy

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

The thing is Saint nobody outside of Newport really cares about NEWPORT Gwent Dragons, you will get a few, but if you come up as far as Tredegar, Blaina, Ebbw Vale, they do not give a FF about their region, infact there are more Ospreys suuporters around the North Gwent valleys than there are Dragons, well more people waring Ospreys tops anyway, it's the same for the Cardiff Blues outside of Cardiff, if you go up past Pontypridd nobody beside my old man and me gives a hoot about the Blues, in Merthyr every body who likes rugby are waring Ospreys tops, drop the city names and you will get more fans, simples.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

Steffan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I will always go down to the Arms park to watch Cardiff Blues for my sins
Bah...don't go wasting your money down there lining Peter Pies pockets. Get down to Sardis and watch a real team. Can we count in you to join the fellow eight thousand Ponty fans we get at every home game?

OLE Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/match/ERUP3764110

Attendance: 4,534

Wasn't this your biggest game of the season?


Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24770
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:08 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I cannot see Newport or Cardiff ever dropping their names from their regions and that is why they will continue to be the poorer performing sides of the four regions
I think it's just because they are sh!t to be honest. Are Newport actually still charging people to go to their games by the way?


Last edited by Steffan on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

Steffan wrote:Bah...don't go wasting your money down there lining Peter Pies pockets. Get down to Sardis and watch a real team. Can we count in you to join the fellow eight thousand Ponty fans we get at every home game?


Steffan, I used to go and watch Ponty every week, I had a season ticket pre regional se-up, I really do not bother anymore though, it is just not the same, I will always follow their results, but I was down their a few years ago and the bitchiness towards the regions was just beggars belief, I have gotten over it now, why others cannot I do not know, but I like going down to Cardiff, my wife and daughters can go shopping, and I can have a pint and enjoy the game, it's as simple as that now for me. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

Can you do this elsewhere? I sware i read this stuff monthly on this forum.

Coleman

Posts : 1554
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Steffan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I will always go down to the Arms park to watch Cardiff Blues for my sins
Bah...don't go wasting your money down there lining Peter Pies pockets. Get down to Sardis and watch a real team. Can we count in you to join the fellow eight thousand Ponty fans we get at every home game?

OLE Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/match/ERUP3764110

Attendance: 4,534

Wasn't this your biggest game of the season?
Turned out it was a miscount and was 10,435. We sacked the person who did it...they work for Newport Dragons now where there isn't so much emphasis on performance and good results in the workplace so don't feel too bad for them

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:The thing is Saint nobody outside of Newport really cares about NEWPORT Gwent Dragons, you will get a few, but if you come up as far as Tredegar, Blaina, Ebbw Vale, they do not give a FF about their region, infact there are more Ospreys suuporters around the North Gwent valleys than there are Dragons, well more people waring Ospreys tops anyway, it's the same for the Cardiff Blues outside of Cardiff, if you go up past Pontypridd nobody beside my old man and me gives a hoot about the Blues, in Merthyr every body who likes rugby are waring Ospreys tops, drop the city names and you will get more fans, simples.

Do they not? But then a few from Tradegar, Blaina, Ebbw Vale do? Okay. Speaking of Opsreys plastic fans, I hear there are a few up Merthyr.

Also, I thought your point was that Dragons and Blues do poorly because they have Newport and Cardiff in the names? I don't see a link either. Was it one of those things where you go back on your word again because you realise you talk sh*t?

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Steffan wrote:Bah...don't go wasting your money down there lining Peter Pies pockets. Get down to Sardis and watch a real team. Can we count in you to join the fellow eight thousand Ponty fans we get at every home game?

Steffan, I used to go and watch Ponty every week, I had a season ticket pre regional se-up, I really do not bother anymore though, it is just not the same, I will always follow their results, but I was down their a few years ago and the bitchiness towards the regions was just beggars belief, I have gotten over it now, why others cannot I do not know, but I like going down to Cardiff, my wife and daughters can go shopping, and I can have a pint and enjoy the game, it's as simple as that now for me. OK
I was only joking. You can watch who you want. I don't really care about the so-called bitchiness towards the "regions" and to be honest most people I know now who watch Ponty couldn't care less about the 4 clubs calling themselves "regions" anymore. I am happy watching Ponty as that's the team I have always supported so the idea of ditching them to cheer on Cardiff Blues is not a protest or anything I just like watching the team I have always supported play at home. For me its also as simple as that

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:24 pm

Steffan wrote:I don't really care about the so-called bitchiness towards the "regions" and to be honest most people I know now who watch Ponty couldn't care less about the 4 clubs calling themselves "regions" anymore.

Then why is almost everything you post a snipe at the regions?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 24770
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 44
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Steffan wrote:I don't really care about the so-called bitchiness towards the "regions" and to be honest most people I know now who watch Ponty couldn't care less about the 4 clubs calling themselves "regions" anymore.

Then why is almost everything you post a snipe at the regions?
I didn't say I was one of the people who couldn't care less about the "regions" now did I Wink

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by GavinDragon Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm

8k at ponty home games...really? ?

GavinDragon

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 36
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:08 pm

GavinDragon wrote:8k at ponty home games...really? ?
Well more like 9K...but I am playing it down a bit

OLE Smile

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by GavinDragon Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:18 pm

Haha. I did attend the semi or quarter bi bi cup game against Bristol in 2011. Great atmosphere it was too

GavinDragon

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 36
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum