The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year

+6
Lance
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
horizontalhero
Rodney
catchweight
10 posters

Go down

HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year Empty HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year

Post by catchweight Wed 25 Feb 2015 - 22:29

Looks like HBO's president will be attending Fury's next fight with a view to brokering a deal for Klitschko v Fury to take place later in the year. Heres hoping.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year Empty Re: HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 7:54

Excluding Wilder v Klitschko this is probably the division most intriguing fight. Its hard for anyone to seriously fancy Fury doing a job on Klitschko however Fury is not the joke and talentless oaf he is condemned by many on here and may pose a slight legitimate threat. Heres hoping as you said.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year Empty Re: HBO want Klitschko v Fury later this year

Post by horizontalhero Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 8:39

more or less of a 'slight legitimate threat' than say Pulev, Rodders? My money is on Wlad barely breaking a sweat!

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 9:10

I wouldn't like to say mate, thats a tough one. Fury has a few inches and reach on his side over Pulev whether that makes any difference or not time will tell.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 9:50

Offers something logistically that none of his opponents have offered..........He's bigger, taller and has a longer reach..........and he can bang hard enough for Wlad.........

He's also too thick to bottle it !!!

Klitty is no spring chicken and his chin is dodgy......he was rocked by a jab in the first round of his last fight..

Fury has a decent chance for me........

Hope he wins..........Colorful chap and colorful is what we need at Heavy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 10:20

When Wlad isn't hurt, he normally drags out the fight past its sell by. Hopefully Fury rocks him early. Wlad isn't really considered a fighter, but he he doesn't cover up when rocked - fights fire with fire and normally has the bigger flame. He's a better athlete than Fury, I think he might be stronger, and for me hits harder.

WarLittleBrother!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 10:38

I would be surprised to see it happen. Fury looked impressive against Chisora but its usually been one step forward three steps sideways from the Fury team. Hes certainly in no hurry to test himself.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 13:23

Fury will certainly give it a go but is still open to an overhand right.

I'd love to see him tear into Klitschko (who I'm beginning to warm to it has to be said).

Last edited by hazharrison on Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 21:50; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 14:56

Lance wrote:I would be surprised to see it happen. Fury looked impressive against Chisora but its usually been one step forward three steps sideways from the Fury team. Hes certainly in no hurry to test himself.

it's gonna happen it's just a matter of time when........

He was prepared to fight Haye twice........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 16:18

Fury is in demand. Both Wlad and wilder see him as their logical next opponent. They know they need to hold off from meeting each other for another fight. I'd guess both see fury as low(ish) risk high a reward. Fury should make some money for a change. Prob gets ko'd by either/both.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 16:40

Just pleased that people are vying for the Heavyweights again

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 16:52

I'm as guilty as anyone about being negative towards Fury. Took me too long to admit that he's not the oaf who got slapped about by the muffin man McDermott anymore.

He's done as much as any of Wlad's recent opponents to deserve the fight. Having said that, I don't see him having much success. Think he'll come to fight but will eat Wlad's right as long as it lasts.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 26 Feb 2015 - 19:31

If Fury is given the chance I think he will jump at it. Just hope he doesnt try to outbox Klitschko and instead goes balls to the wall to give Klitschko a hiding.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down