The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superbowl Predictions

+10
crazy_dave23
Grizzly
El Capitan
Colan (niner)
GSC
CFCNick
Gaelic-Warrior
TheBrownTown
arizona_tom
miket281017
14 posters

Go down

Superbowl Predictions Empty Superbowl Predictions

Post by miket281017 Sat 28 May 2011, 9:26 pm

Just wondering who people think may make it all the way to the superbowl this season. I picked the Pack and Jets last year so was nearly perfect Very Happy This season I am leaning towards Chargers and Packers this year.

Couldn't fathom how bad the Chargers special teams must have been when they had the number 1 offence and the number 1 defence!!!

What does everyone think about potential superbowl match-ups then??

miket281017

Back to top Go down

Superbowl Predictions Empty Re: Superbowl Predictions

Post by arizona_tom Sun 29 May 2011, 12:30 am

bit early considering who we dont know who the cards starting qb is this year and theyl surely be in contention Wink. But if i had to pick now id go for the patriots and the giants (rematch)

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by miket281017 Sun 29 May 2011, 1:13 am

Yeh i realise that with free agency, etc team might change a bit. Don't think my bears will even come 2nd in the division this year so we wont be there! Giants could have a decent year though, seem to have most of the pieces set in place!

miket281017

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Sun 29 May 2011, 9:59 am

Every year people pick the chargers and they never produce. I'm going to go Jets vs Eagles.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sun 29 May 2011, 10:17 am

A bit early considering we don't know if there will be a season this year. Haven't kept much up to date with NFL news for a few months now but hopefully the Giants fare pretty well, heard they had a pretty decent draft.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 29 May 2011, 11:44 am

I have to say the Giants but the middle of the schedule is amazingly tough, week 9 to 14, @Pats, @49ers, Eagles, @Saints, Packers, @Cowboys.

But, I'm going Pats vs Giants/Cowboys

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Sun 29 May 2011, 12:17 pm

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:I have to say the Giants but the middle of the schedule is amazingly tough, week 9 to 14, @Pats, @49ers, Eagles, @Saints, Packers, @Cowboys.

wow thats a shocking middle section but youd still there a very good team and i think you could still expect them to win 2-4 of those games

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 29 May 2011, 12:57 pm

arizona_tom wrote:
Manning-to-Manningham wrote:I have to say the Giants but the middle of the schedule is amazingly tough, week 9 to 14, @Pats, @49ers, Eagles, @Saints, Packers, @Cowboys.

wow thats a shocking middle section but youd still there a very good team and i think you could still expect them to win 2-4 of those games

The biggest thing is what happens in Foxboro, because if we have to make the trip to San Fran on a downer it could spell trouble with fatigue as well. I'd expect us to win our home games and possibly the 49ers and Cowboys games. I think we could/should be at least 6-1 going into that stretch, the Eagles week 3 game being the one loss. After the Dallas trip it's Redskins, @Jets and Cowboys, which I can see all wins. Predicting right now it could be anything from 9-7 to 12-4.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 May 2011, 4:02 pm

The Giants usually stop playing at midseason anyway, so they have an excuse this year.

Panthers vs Broncos
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 29 May 2011, 5:30 pm

im going for the obvious pats v packers

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Capitan Sun 29 May 2011, 11:49 pm

i'm with niner, Pats v Packers. Although I think the Steelers will be there or there abouts sadly (my best mate supports them grrrrrr)

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 30 May 2011, 4:35 pm

I hate predicting anything before all facts are known (FA for starters) but as it stands I think the Packers are the best team in the league and the Steelers aren't far behind and have the benefit of a schedule from heaven so they would be my two

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Mon 30 May 2011, 4:42 pm

Grizzly wrote:I hate predicting anything before all facts are known (FA for starters) but as it stands I think the Packers are the best team in the league and the Steelers aren't far behind and have the benefit of a schedule from heaven so they would be my two

Come on man, picking the two superbowl teams? Be a little more daring Smile

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 30 May 2011, 4:55 pm

Obviously I could (quite legitimately given their win last year) be quite biased at this early stage... however i'm going with

Ravens vs Saints

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 31 May 2011, 1:19 pm

It all hinges on the CBA. If a teams starting line-up is largely intact from last year, they stand more chance of repeating/improving upon last years record.

Right now, I'd say in the AFC, the Jets, Pats, Chiefs and Ravens are in good shape. The Steelers OL is a big question mark, so I'd favour the Ravens to get the division. Colts will probably win the division again but won't go deep into the playoffs. I'd be tempted to go with the Ravens to make the SB.

NFC will hinge on whether the Packers have the SB blues. I think not - Rogers is too good to let that happen. I agree with the doom sayers about the Bears - Cutler isn't a franchise QB and they haven't added good receivers. I'd say Packers and Lions could be fighting for the division with the experienced Packers winning out. Don't rate the Cowboys, so Eagles or Giants get NFC East. Rams and Saints rounding it out, but I think the Saints are becoming a spent force. My pick is the Packers because they made it last year with a host of injuries and a poor running game. If they stay healthy and can re establish the running game, they will be hard to beat.

Ravens v Packers would be an interesting match up not unlike last years SB.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 31 May 2011, 1:39 pm

Skins - have you see our schedule ?
Not sure we can get away with a .500 season let alone challenge....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 31 May 2011, 2:31 pm

Grizz - Lions, Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Packers and Jets are tough games, but like I said, I don't think the Steelers will be the force they were, and you face them at home. Likewise, the Colts may not be as fearsome as they were.

I can see you running the division and finishing 10-6 or 11-5 maybe. I just don't see another winner from the rest of the division.

Mind you, I reckon you are stuffed in the playoffs!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 31 May 2011, 2:34 pm

Skins, you don't think that San Diego are going to bounce back?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 31 May 2011, 2:38 pm

No. Its a Norv Turner team, and especially one where most of the talnt they had was inherited from Marty. Sooner or later he'll have a stinky season and I think this is it. Too much aggro with Jackson and a defense that isn't as solid as 2 years ago. No established running back and a new ST coach. They need their draft picks to step up immediately and I don't think they will.

If they go 0-3 or even 0-4 I reckon Norv gets the yank and they start looking to next year. the owner won't take two bad starts in a row.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Tue 31 May 2011, 2:44 pm

skins4ever wrote:No. Its a Norv Turner team, and especially one where most of the talnt they had was inherited from Marty. Sooner or later he'll have a stinky season and I think this is it. Too much aggro with Jackson and a defense that isn't as solid as 2 years ago. No established running back and a new ST coach. They need their draft picks to step up immediately and I don't think they will.

If they go 0-3 or even 0-4 I reckon Norv gets the yank and they start looking to next year. the owner won't take two bad starts in a row.

Good man, I agree. San Diego are overrated

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 31 May 2011, 2:48 pm

Defense isn't what it was? Weren't the number 1 overall last season?

I agree that Norv isn't the best of coaches, but the Chargers hammered the Chiefs last season and lost out on the playoffs due to special teams, for which they now have a new coach.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Tue 31 May 2011, 2:50 pm

You can't lose 7 games or whatever it was solely on bad special teams, the stats may say they have the number 1 defense but they don't.

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 31 May 2011, 2:56 pm

Not quite sure how anyone can say there defense isn't what it was, they ranked 1st for total yards allowed 1st for passing yards allowed 4th for rushing yards allowed, the only bad point was 10th for points allowed but this was still 7.5 points than they averaged on offense.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by altofts wildcat Tue 31 May 2011, 3:13 pm

I predict that there wont be one due to the lockout.

altofts wildcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 31 May 2011, 3:24 pm

TheBrownTown wrote:You can't lose 7 games or whatever it was solely on bad special teams, the stats may say they have the number 1 defense but they don't.

Actually I think the Chargers did !
Combination of poor coaching, key injuries and special teams IMO

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Tue 31 May 2011, 3:25 pm

I'm not saying the chargers are bad, I'm just saying they will not win the superbowl or get deep in the playoffs. Their head coach is Norv Turner

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 31 May 2011, 3:47 pm

I don't believe the Chargers are/were overated, but they have some issues to deal with and face a battle in the West as the Chiefs and Raiders have both improved plenty, Broncs could still be in a mess but doubt they'll be quite so bad again next season but it does mean the Chargers can't gift a few games away and expect to walk away with the division.
VJax situation will need sorting as a priority, but I say they have the weapons to be a serious team and could go deep given homefield advantage

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 31 May 2011, 3:58 pm

ST's were a big problem for them, but that doesn't account for all their woes. 29 turnovers is a big factor, and 13 being INT's (not too big a number for a 20+TD QB), that's averaging 1 per game for the running game and ST's and that's a high average. In my mind the cracks are showing, and with a Norv turner team, that's the start of the end as he's shown an inability to fix things when they are going wrong. I remember his constant "What we do works." at the Skins when it wasn't working. I don't think he has the skills to turn it around.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 31 May 2011, 9:27 pm

Chargers are going to run train on the division again. A 'Norv Turner' team almost beat the Pats in 07, in Foxboro, with Rivers on 1 leg and a HoF Rb out
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

Yeah, I almost won the lottery last year because I had all 6 numbers on 3 different lines. Turner has always been an almost kind of coach. Sooner or later he'll get found out in SD and I think its this year.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down