The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories!

+13
ebop
George Carlin
boomeranga
rainbow-warrior
majesticimperialman
Cardiff Dave
offload
SecretFly
dummy_half
ScarletSpiderman
Notch
Scarpia
bedfordwelsh
17 posters

Go down

Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories! Empty Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:41 am

I have pressed 'like' on a few Facebook groups so get a load of rugby clips and links to stories coming through each day, and I expect a few of you do too. So I thought I'd start a thread for us to share and relieve some of the stress from the more serious threads we have to face.

WARNING - there will be video clips/YouTube links on this page, so be careful if you're in work!

Back to top Go down

Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories! Empty Re: Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:42 am

Here we go then.  First one.  Ashley Johnson's attempt at the Smash-o-Meter on BT Sport!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories! Empty Re: Just for Laughs - Links to Funny, Interesting and Odd Rugby Clips and Stories!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:45 am

Adam Jones he aint: Sale prop with horror drop goal attempt vs Bath:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:48 am

Last one for today. A good bit of French thuggery. Or assault as it's called today. Are we glad this has largely gone from the game, or is there a part of us that secretly hankers for a return of the rough stuff???

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:09 pm

Tumbleweed ha ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

There's two old clips that I love, one the French winger kneed the ball out of his own hands when over the line and Carling was actually picked up in the try area and then carried over the goal line without grounding the ball.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpia Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm

My favourite rugby fail clip of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gpzFZadcQ

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

Scarpia wrote:My favourite rugby fail clip of all time:

That's the one thought it was for England for some reason but hilarious all the same lol.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

Hah, I was just going to post about that Carling one! Never gets old.

Here's a Japanese Sevens Player trying to do a Chris Ashton... and getting it horribly, horribly wrong

Spoiler:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

That's the one thought it was for England for some reason but hilarious all the same lol.

That just made my day.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm

Any excuse for the Carling clip. One of the funniest things ever, even to England fans.

As for rugby stories, my Dad played to a reasonable level in the 70s (at Morley, alongside Brian Campsell, the international ref). Other than stories of kdnapping players from Durham, his best story was of the time Hawick visited - a fine team featuring several Scotland internationals of the time. Arrived in Leeds on Friday, drank the bar dry on Friday evening, played on Saturday when surely hung-over but still thoroughly out-classed Morley, then proceeded to drink the bar dry on Saturday night. And then had another go at it on Sunday before heading home.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:27 pm

And THAT is why Ash Splashes! Don't be giving out to him ever again folks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

SecretFly wrote:

And THAT is why Ash Splashes!  Don't be giving out to him ever again folks.

Perhaps this is a reason why he shouldn't!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1914XF8afo
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:47 pm

laughing

Yeah, well there is that..............

..so any embarrassing stuff out there concerning the 'safest' route of all - the sliders???

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:49 pm

Offload, was just about to post that myself! The dangers of the Ash Splash!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:51 pm

Here you go 'Fly. They just need a ball now!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:53 pm

Griff wrote:Offload, was just about to post that myself!  The dangers of the Ash Splash!

One of my favourites. Must confess that one or twice I've watched Ashton and hoped for a repeat. Wink
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 2:55 pm

So there is no fail safe try scoring method.

Oh well....back to football we go. I knew rugby would never last.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:42 pm

Anyone find the French one I am on about when their little winger few years ago kneed ball out of his hands before touching down.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:44 pm

They showed a clip from the Welsh Premiership on Scrum V on Sunday where the guy touched the ball down outside the in goal area doh
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:59 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:They showed a clip from the Welsh Premiership on Scrum V on Sunday where the guy touched the ball down outside the in goal area doh

with a half-splash too.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31790192

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:01 pm

Gav "Terk chucker" Henson.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkTwVQxaw4

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:10 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:They showed a clip from the Welsh Premiership on Scrum V on Sunday where the guy touched the ball down outside the in goal area doh

Hehehehe, right in front the fans to lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Hehehehe, right in front the fans to lol

The half dozen or so unofficial TMOs behind the posts, simultaneously finger pointing got that try disallowed I reckon.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Anyone find the French one I am on about when their little winger few years ago kneed ball out of his hands before touching down.

If i am not mistaken you are on about christof dominecee (spelling) was it not in a rugby world cup game?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:02 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Anyone find the French one I am on about when their little winger few years ago kneed ball out of his hands before touching down.

If i am not mistaken you are on about christof dominecee (spelling) was it not in a rugby world cup game?

Sounds about right maj
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:20 pm

I know the one you mean Bedford, and yes Maj I think you're right, but can't find anywhere.

Here's a few more bombed tries. These guys on Australian Fox sports have a hell of a laugh in their show. They do a different funny segment like this each week:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:55 pm

The game was France v Italy in the 2004 Six Nations-Christophe Dominici.   That's all I could work it down to.

Video of the game must be worth a few cases of gold bullion though because I can find footage of virtually every game in 2004 except that one!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Thu 12 Mar 2015, 8:41 am

I recall Tana Umanga dropping the ball for Wellington too instead of scoring the try.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 8:57 am

Brenden Venter being an a*se. What was his reason?! Did the media p*ss him of????

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Thu 12 Mar 2015, 10:13 am

I know nothing about the guy or the background but I love that Venter interview.  

This was funny for us at the time but maybe needs a bit too much living through it to carry far:  http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/exclusive-said-robbie-deans-biography/

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 12 Mar 2015, 10:14 am

My man Sean Maloney has this one well in hand:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Thu 12 Mar 2015, 10:39 am

They took the wrong camera last week and showed the big boy suited up but wearing thongs (jandles / flip flops / Japanese riding boots).

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Thu 12 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

Bit of a three way

Last edited by ebop on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 12 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

Griff wrote:Brenden Venter being an a*se.  What was his reason?!  Did the media p*ss him of????

Spoiler:

Being a delicious ar*se. I loved it at the time. I think he got into trouble for speaking his mind in interview yet was expected to still speak 'his mind' to the media. So he showed up the hypocrisy of it - 'only answer the question we the media put to you and you'll be fine. Say things we don't want to hear and haven't asked you and the fines start coming in.'

Three Cheers for Venter. I still laugh.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm

ebop wrote:Bit of a three way

https:

Ha ha! That is a bit awkward!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 12 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/sep/15/mike-tindall-dwarf-throwing

My personal favorite, dwarfs others into insignificance, and a member of the Royal Family to boot.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2015, 9:35 pm

The Honey Badger Nick Cummins is an absolute legend in interviews. I could listen to him all day! Not sure what he says half the time, but I get the gist. I think...

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Thu 12 Mar 2015, 11:03 pm

saw this one on the bbc, and the bit right at the end made me laugh about Mike Phillips' job if he wasn't a pro rugby players
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31831203

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:47 am

Fla getting his timing a bit wrong vs the French always gets me;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jniAZEJn7fU

Some of the stories from old Lions tours are truly ridiculous as well;

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jun/14/history-lions-tours

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 13 Mar 2015, 7:51 am

Andy Powell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwALbEsl8U

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down