The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Union Cane
14 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rowley wrote:Got about 15 films for less than 40 quid so thought if I only like half of them it represents decent value. Unfortunately N by NW is not one of them, which is a pity as I have seen that and enjoyed it

Does it include that one with the birds, I forget what it is called.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:I read turfcare machinery catalogues and watch re runs of trigger happy TV on You Tube.

Skimming over the thread, I read turfcare as turdface.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:44 am

Rowley wrote:I am familiar with iplayer and laptop, the other two are a complete loss to me.

Shall we get a team together for eggheads. Think between us we would not be bad. Superfly seems pretty clever. Jules has a wisdom through his age and obviously I am proper bright. Tina, Rick and Sean can fight it out for the last two places. I am not taking Kevin on though.

I've already declared my areas of expertise. Other than that, the cupboard is bare. RiCk is way more intelligent than I am. Union as well.

I'd go with RiCK if I were you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

Rowley wrote:I am familiar with iplayer and laptop, the other two are a complete loss to me.

Shall we get a team together for eggheads. Think between us we would not be bad. Superfly seems pretty clever. Jules has a wisdom through his age and obviously I am proper bright. Tina, Rick and Sean can fight it out for the last two places. I am not taking Kevin on though.

I know the latin name of a cheetah. And I can spell Kyrgyzstan.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:46 am

Galted wrote:

lol

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:47 am

Galted almost certainly has to be in, you can take the film round. Union scares me a little bit, am not sure meeting him in person is a risk I want to take.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:47 am

Galted wrote:

And would be invaluable on the Gore-Tex round.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:49 am

cracking game of cricket

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:08 am

unbelievable
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:What we should do* is agree a time to all watch it on iplayer on my laptop via Teamviewer, whilst on a Skype call, so we can play as a team.

* obviously we shouldn't do this.

Jeff is frantically googling the words iplayer, laptop, Teamviewer and Skype.
I am frantically googling the word "google"

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:20 am

Rowley wrote:Union scares me a little bit, am not sure meeting him in person is a risk I want to take.

Well that is charming, isn't it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:26 am

Union Cane wrote:
Rowley wrote:Union scares me a little bit, am not sure meeting him in person is a risk I want to take.

Well that is charming, isn't it.

Exactly. At least start with Galted.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:37 am

No offence Union, it is the reverse linear stuff, they were clearly not the work of a healthy mind. Galted is a Villa fan and a film geek, I suspect we would bond.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

Windows - EJ
Jeff - Chris
Jules - Judith
Superfly - Kevin
Galted - Daphne

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:57 am

sean -
rick -
Cane -
raf -
dog -

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:59 am

Adam could be Dermot / Jeremy.

Who can beat you?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:02 am

Just realised, who can beat you, Eggheads, beat, egg, lol.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:06 am

Union Cane wrote:Adam could be Dermot / Jeremy.

Who can beat you?
I see myself as more of a CJ de Mooi kind of guy. You know....nod along with everyones elses answers as if I knew it and then act surprised when its wrong.

CJ de Mooi (pronounced [də moːi̯]; born Joseph Connagh, 5 November 1969) is a professional quizzer and is a panellist on the BBC television show Eggheads. He adopted the name de Mooi when modelling; he translates it as Dutch for "handsome man", though a more literal translation would be "the beautiful".

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:08 am

Adam D wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Adam could be Dermot / Jeremy.

Who can beat you?
I see myself as more of a CJ de Mooi kind of guy. You know....nod along with everyones elses answers as if I knew it and then act surprised when its wrong.

CJ de Mooi (pronounced [də moːi̯]; born Joseph Connagh, 5 November 1969) is a professional quizzer and is a panellist on the BBC television show Eggheads. He adopted the name de Mooi when modelling; he translates it as Dutch for "handsome man", though a more literal translation would be "the beautiful".

ACtually, I am nothing like him:

He also competed in the 2012 Virgin London Marathon, completing with a time of 3 hours 16 minutes and 30 seconds.[15] De Mooi is teetotal and a vegetarian.[16][17]

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

seanmichaels wrote:Windows - EJ
Jeff - Chris
Jules - Judith
Superfly - Kevin
Galted -  Daphne

lol

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Rowley wrote:No offence Union, it is the reverse linear stuff, they were clearly not the work of a healthy mind. Galted is a Villa fan and a film geek, I suspect we would bond.

But look at his shoes?

You'd really bond with a man who wears Hi-Tec's?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:19 am

I would happily punch Daphne in her stupid face, she is the reason I can not watch that programme now.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

rick_dagless wrote:I would happily punch Daphne in her stupid face, she is the reason I can not watch that programme now.
She has retired and been replaced with CJ (again)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

rick_dagless wrote:I would happily punch Daphne in her stupid face, she is the reason I can not watch that programme now.

Daphne KO6 Dagless

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:21 am

Tino wrote:Daphne KO6 Dagless

Swing and a miss maybe...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:23 am

If anyone could be bothered, you could run an Egghead match with the teams above...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:26 am

I've mentioned this before but I do a great Daphne Fowler impression, back from the days when they used to introduce themselves at the beginning.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:28 am

Union Cane wrote:

I've mentioned this before but I do a great Daphne Fowler impression, back from the days when they used to introduce themselves at the beginning.

Go on then. Let's hear it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:32 am

Union also does a brilliant Bruce Forsyth, it is truly fantastic.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:35 am

I only have Forrest Gump and Glenn Hoddle in my repertoire.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:39 am

I have John Bishop, Steven Gerrard, Jimmy Stewart, Al Pacino and my mate Lance.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:40 am

I used to do a brilliant Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris but nowadays saying that particular phrase can get you kicked in the face quicker than Steven Gerrard can f**k up his team's season.

Also do a reasonable Nelson Mandela

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:40 am

I can do Tinos mate Lance as well.

I can also do Billy Connolly and Sean Connery.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:41 am

Adam D wrote:I can do Tinos mate Lance as well.

lol

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:42 am

Adam D wrote:I can do Tinos mate Lance as well.

I can also do Billy Connolly and Sean Connery.

I can do Sean Connery doing his own impressions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32030154

She seems to be conducting a real life game of operation on herself

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:45 am

You got new legs leiutenant Dann - Gump

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:47 am

It's going to be a tight tussle - Hoddle

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

I can do Harpo Marx & Marcel Marceau

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:Death to the wheelchair users, they were scum in a previous life - Hoddle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:20 pm

TSMR's granddad told me the other day CJ has the highest IQ in the UK. I do not know the truths of this or where he heard this, to be honest as it made a welcome change from the racism that is his normal topic of conversation I was happy to accept it unchallenged.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:22 pm

I think he has in Mensa Jeff, but most of the really clever, high IQ guys (Hawking etc) can not be bothered with such a pretentious bunch of bell ends...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:25 pm

They brought me down to size, academia blues.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

Agreed Rick, that is why I never joined.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:They brought me down to size, academia blues.

Are we doing Lloyd Cole lyrics again? I hope not, they are really not My Bag.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:27 pm

Exactly Jeff, we need that sharp mind of your to protect us against Shah and the boys/girls/toddlers

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

Rowley wrote:TSMR's granddad told me the other day CJ has the highest IQ in the UK. I do not know the truths of this or where he heard this, to be honest as it made a welcome change from the racism that is his normal topic of conversation I was happy to accept it unchallenged.

I'd be confident I know more about Steve Backshall and the German offensives of early 1918 than CJ does.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:31 pm

Has anybody ever noticed that a capital Q looks like a little balloon floating away?

Or a sperm with a shortened tail and more rounded head?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:33 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:They brought me down to size, academia blues.

Are we doing Lloyd Cole lyrics again? I hope not, they are really not My Bag.

Sorry, I must sound Like a Broken Record

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Has anybody ever noticed that a capital Q looks like a little balloon floating away?

I bet CJ doesn't know as much about the letter Q as Tina does.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:TSMR's granddad told me the other day CJ has the highest IQ in the UK. I do not know the truths of this or where he heard this, to be honest as it made a welcome change from the racism that is his normal topic of conversation I was happy to accept it unchallenged.

I'd be confident I know more about Steve Backshall and the German offensives of early 1918 than CJ does.

He does seem to know quite a bit about tennis. I would like to unleash Jules on him, let's see how well his mega IQ does him then.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Has anybody ever noticed that a capital Q looks like a little balloon floating away?

I bet CJ doesn't know as much about the letter Q as Tina does.  

I only noticed it when riCK wrote IQ.

You're all thinking it now though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum