The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Union Cane
14 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 Mar - 1:01

First topic message reminder :

Rowley wrote:Got about 15 films for less than 40 quid so thought if I only like half of them it represents decent value. Unfortunately N by NW is not one of them, which is a pity as I have seen that and enjoyed it

Does it include that one with the birds, I forget what it is called.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Wed 8 Apr - 5:02

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:I thought I had gout last week. Made the mistake of self diagnosing via the internet. Won't be making that mistake again in a hurry.

What was it - syphilis?

A bite on the back of my ankle. The diagnosis on the internet was genuinely scary. Are you overweight, do you eat too much red meat, do you do a lack of exercise, do you drink too much, did the pain come on suddenly overnight. It was genuinely like they were describing me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Wed 8 Apr - 5:26

where is the BACK of your ankle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 7:07

I've had gout in my ankle before, twice.  It is phucking excruciating.  The first time I got it I was "living" in Birmingham, almost exclusively on Scotch and kebabs.  The second time was in London when I'd widened the Scotch and kebab diet to include wine.  I'd say that I wouldn't wish what I experienced on my worst enemy but I would.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 7:24

God morning.

A little aggro on here earlier. WTF is that all about?!!?? Phucking boring too.

However it's good to see the sensible responses from those with their cool heads properly affixed.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 8:13

Galted wrote:I've had gout in my ankle before, twice.  It is phucking excruciating.  The first time I got it I was "living" in Birmingham, almost exclusively on Scotch and kebabs.  The second time was in London when I'd widened the Scotch and kebab diet to include wine.

You and sean should get together and swap undoubtedly true stories about your lives.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 8:24

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I've had gout in my ankle before, twice.  It is phucking excruciating.  The first time I got it I was "living" in Birmingham, almost exclusively on Scotch and kebabs.  The second time was in London when I'd widened the Scotch and kebab diet to include wine.

You and sean should get together and swap undoubtedly true stories about your lives.

Oh sh1t.  Forgot to cynic-proof my post by typing "GOSPEL".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 8:32

No need.
I believe.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 8:34

The Loaded Dog wrote:No need.
I believe.

You've restored my faith in the spirit of pithy mopoke.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 8:36

Galted wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:No need.
I believe.

You've restored my faith in the spirit of pithy mopoke.

You still remember my clanger! Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 8:40

Smile    Everyone remembers where they were the first time they heard pithy mopoke.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 8:45

I first heard mopoke in a song called Outside World

There's a wind on the eastern side
Ghost Gums dance in the moonlight night
Mopoke mourns the racketeers

The bosses they can sense your mind...

Then I just added pithy... a line from The Tudors wasn't it? (must have been watching some of it at the time)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 8:51

No idea. It will make a good location though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 9:06

“You will have all the long winter months shut up there with him, and you and Katherine should find his pithy conversation a godsend.”

Buckingham, who was ageing, had been looking forward to a few weeks' peace after such an avalanche of disturbing events and his royal kinsmen grinned at the ill-concealed glumness of his looks.

"Or perhaps one does not want for pithy conversations when one happens to be married to a Woodville?" he laughed. "I fancy that is how my brother must have solaced himself with so many nitwit beauties!"

"Jane Shaw is no nitwit," Buckingham reminded him defensively.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 16:29

I say!

One is fist today!

Bloody good show!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 8 Apr - 17:34

Morning Galted and whoever else may join us today. Spent the evening listening the villa game on the radio, too tense by far.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 8 Apr - 17:52

Morning gents...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 18:00

Rowley wrote:Spent the evening listening the villa game on the radio, too tense by far.

Sounds like a thriller. 3-3 I believe. A hat-trick from Mr Benteke. What a player he is, he has a touch of the Lionel Messi about him I think. Will you avoid the drop this year, Jeff?

p.s. I've calmed down overnight after your rudeness yesterday.

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 18:07

Galted wrote:
The cat and I have become quite adept at spider-hunting.  She does her special "there's a spider on the ceiling/high up on the wall" miaow and I hold her up above my head so she can swat it.  I'm not sure if they get killed, I sort of hope so because if not there's one highly phucked off spider in the flat.

Strangely enough, my eldest son and I have become quite adept at cat-hunting.

We place a bowl of milk laced with catnip at the end of our drive.  The stupid, greedy bastard cats can't resist having a look.  But we have smeared superglue around the bowl and they all get stuck.  We then take turns to either pretend we are Shah ISIS and stone them to death or my son practices his conversions by squatting like Jonny Wilkinson and then trying to boot the furry little c*nts over the roof.

Our village is pretty much a p*ssy free zone now.  I don't feel bad though as cats are for old women and people who are insecure and need the affection.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 18:43

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
The cat and I have become quite adept at spider-hunting.  She does her special "there's a spider on the ceiling/high up on the wall" miaow and I hold her up above my head so she can swat it.  I'm not sure if they get killed, I sort of hope so because if not there's one highly phucked off spider in the flat.

We place a bowl of milk laced with catnip at the end of our drive.  The stupid, greedy bastard cats can't resist having a look.  But we have smeared superglue around the bowl and they all get stuck.  We then take turns to either pretend we are Shah ISIS and stone them to death or my son practices his conversions by squatting like Jonny Wilkinson and then trying to boot the furry little c*nts over the roof.

Our village is pretty much a p*ssy free zone now.  I don't feel bad though as cats are for old women and people who are insecure and need the affection.

Why don't you just buy an air rifle or a heavy-duty stainless steel slingshot?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 18:45

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Why don't you just buy an air rifle or a heavy-duty stainless steel slingshot?

For heavens sake, Galted. What do you think I am, some sort of monster?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 18:48

Rowley wrote:Morning Galted and whoever else may join us today. Spent the evening listening the villa game on the radio, too tense by far.

Morning Jeff. Tried to avoid it until it was over but couldn't resist checking the score on 72 minutes. Luckily Galtova onsisted we play Scrabble so I couldn't follow the last 20 minutes. I won 297-211 despite the distraction of a relegation battle, the wounds University Challenge inflicted on Monday are healing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 18:54

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:Morning Galted and whoever else may join us today. Spent the evening listening the villa game on the radio, too tense by far.

Morning Jeff. Tried to avoid it until it was over but couldn't resist checking the score on 72 minutes. Luckily Galtova onsisted we play Scrabble so I couldn't follow the last 20 minutes. I won 297-211 despite the distraction of a relegation battle, the wounds University Challenge inflicted on Monday are healing.

I suspect you cheated, by using words such as 'onsisted'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 8 Apr - 19:05

I dod nit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 8 Apr - 19:06

Rowley wrote:Spent the evening listening the villa game on the radio, too tense by far.

Sounds like a thriller.  3-3 I believe.  A hat-trick from Mr Benteke.  What a player he is, he has a touch of the Lionel Messi about him I think.  Will you avoid the drop this year, Jeff?

Morning all.

Not sure Tina, will be close. Benteke is scoring which helps but we are very porous defensively. Would not like to bet either way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 19:15

I watched the wild geese last night. Cracking film.

'Come on you beauties, who you are big lovelies aren't you'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 19:22

Would have been a great set to work on as well. Burton and Harris providing the booze, Moore providing the b1tches.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 8 Apr - 19:28

Am going to watch the Longest Day at some point this week, classic WWII film

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 19:37

Have you seen Fury yet?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 19:39

Rowley wrote:

Sounds like a thriller.  3-3 I believe.  A hat-trick from Mr Benteke.  What a player he is, he has a touch of the Lionel Messi about him I think.  Will you avoid the drop this year, Jeff?

Morning all.

Not sure Tina, will be close. Benteke is scoring which helps but we are very porous defensively. Would not like to bet either way.

Away games at City, Spurs and Southampton, Jeff. Won't get much from them.

But home games against West Ham, Everton and Burnley should get you at least 7 points, if not 9?

If you could get 2 or 3 points from your away fixtures, then I see a light at the end of the tunnel for you. A return of 9 points would take you to 38. There is hope. You can do it.

Come on the Villains.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 19:43

It's a game of two halves Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 19:46

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's a game of two halves Tino.

It really is, Julio.

They need to play to the whistle. Get the ball down the wing. Hit some diagonal balls to the big man up top and look for a flick on. Win the second ball. Do it for the fans. Do it for Jeff and Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 19:47

Set their stalls out right.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 19:48

seanmichaels wrote:Set their stalls out right.

They need to apply pressure in good areas of the pitch.

If in doubt, get it out. They can't score if the ball is in row Z.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 19:52

It's movement off the ball, Tino. Create some space. Track back. It could just be one moment of magic that is the key to unlocking this defence.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 19:57

Take each game as it comes......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 19:58

Mustn't rest on their laurels.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 20:02

seanmichaels wrote:Mustn't rest on their laurels.....

or their hardys.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 20:05

Hardy runs towards the by line... then jag it back for a sledgehammer at goal.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 8 Apr - 20:05

Tina pretending to care about football for me is the nicest thing that has happened to me on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 20:08

You must be over the moon Jeff.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 20:16

You'll be safe, Jeff.
Hull, Burnley and Leicester will be relegated. That's my prediction.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 20:25

Well that's settled then. I'm glad we all agree.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 20:33

The Loaded Dog wrote:Well that's settled then. I'm glad we all agree.

I think Hull may well pull clear, LD. Steve Bruce knows enough about this league to get them the required points. Possibly Burnley will get out of trouble as well although I fear for them despite the great job Sean Dyche has done on a shoestring budget.

I think QPR will get relegated and I wouldn't rule out someone like Sunderland or even West Brom being dragged into the dogfight. Maybe the goals of Charlie Austin and the great hair of Joey Barton will be enough for the Hoops but only getting a point yesterday against Villa wasn't quite enough in my opinion.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 20:37

No! Not the hoops! That all makes sense though.

Who will get promoted? I'd like to see Derby County get there. Go The Rams!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 20:39

I think Hull may well pull clear, LD.  Steve Bruce knows enough about this league to get them the required points.  Possibly Burnley will get out of trouble as well although I fear for them despite the great job Sean Dyche has done on a shoestring budget.

I think QPR will get relegated and I wouldn't rule out someone like Sunderland or even West Brom being dragged into the dogfight.  Maybe the goals of Charlie Austin and the great hair of Joey Barton will be enough for the Hoops but only getting a point yesterday against Villa wasn't quite enough in my opinion.

An astute summary Tino - measured and knowledgeable.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 8 Apr - 20:44

Brucey cuts a relaxed figure.....

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 SNN1237AA-280_926741a

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 20:44

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I think Hull may well pull clear, LD.  Steve Bruce knows enough about this league to get them the required points.  Possibly Burnley will get out of trouble as well although I fear for them despite the great job Sean Dyche has done on a shoestring budget.

I think QPR will get relegated and I wouldn't rule out someone like Sunderland or even West Brom being dragged into the dogfight.  Maybe the goals of Charlie Austin and the great hair of Joey Barton will be enough for the Hoops but only getting a point yesterday against Villa wasn't quite enough in my opinion.

Thanks Jules. Just some stuff I had kicking around in my head.

I'd like to see Ipswich get promoted, LD. My colleague here is a huge fan and I'd like to see some light in his life. Although he informs me that Norwich are more likely to go up and that will upset him deeply.

I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe and the job he is doing at Bournemouth. Some of the football they are playing is electric and would be a real addition to the Premiership.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 8 Apr - 20:45

seanmichaels wrote:Brucey cuts a relaxed figure.....

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 SNN1237AA-280_926741a

That's TopHat before he piled the weight on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 8 Apr - 20:48

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Thanks Jules.  Just some stuff I had kicking around in my head.

I'd like to see Ipswich get promoted, LD.  My colleague here is a huge fan and I'd like to see some light in his life.  Although he informs me that Norwich are more likely to go up and that will upset him deeply.

I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe and the job he is doing at Bournemouth.  Some of the football they are playing is electric and would be a real addition to the Premiership.

The ground capacity at Bournemouth concerns me, should they go into the Premier League. What are your thoughts on that Tino?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 8 Apr - 20:49

Yeah, Ipswich were an entertaining team back in the day. I remember John Wark and Alan Brazil in their heyday... they were so good to watch.

Must admit I don't know much about Bournemouth except that they are doing really well this year. When were they last in The Prem?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next