The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Union Cane
14 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rowley wrote:Got about 15 films for less than 40 quid so thought if I only like half of them it represents decent value. Unfortunately N by NW is not one of them, which is a pity as I have seen that and enjoyed it

Does it include that one with the birds, I forget what it is called.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:02 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Yeah, Ipswich were an entertaining team back in the day. I remember John Wark and Alan Brazil in their heyday... they were so good to watch.

Must admit I don't know much about Bournemouth except that they are doing really well this year. When were they last in The Prem?

Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic Football Club, as I still like to call them, have never been in the top flight of English football, Dog. We're all rooting for them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Well that's settled then. I'm glad we all agree.

I think Hull may well pull clear, LD.  Steve Bruce knows enough about this league to get them the required points.  Possibly Burnley will get out of trouble as well although I fear for them despite the great job Sean Dyche has done on a shoestring budget.

I think QPR will get relegated and I wouldn't rule out someone like Sunderland or even West Brom being dragged into the dogfight.  Maybe the goals of Charlie Austin and the great hair of Joey Barton will be enough for the Hoops but only getting a point yesterday against Villa wasn't quite enough in my opinion.

An astute summary Tino - measured and knowledgeable.

Thanks Jules.  Just some stuff I had kicking around in my head.

I'd like to see Ipswich get promoted, LD.  My colleague here is a huge fan and I'd like to see some light in his life.  Although he informs me that Norwich are more likely to go up and that will upset him deeply.

I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe and the job he is doing at Bournemouth.  Some of the football they are playing is electric and would be a real addition to the Premiership.

The ground capacity at Bournemouth concerns me, should they go into the Premier League. What are your thoughts on that Tino?

You have a valid point, Jules. 12,000 is very small by any reasonable measure. I think the style of football they are playing would grace the Premier League but they just won't have the spending power of the bigger clubs with their ticket revenue. I think Eddie Howe would be better off using the players he has already got and maybe using the loan market to help. Although he should only get loans in if they improve the first team squad. Don't get players in for the sake of it. Maybe some young, hungry, players that can't get in Chelsea or Arsenals team would be the sort of players they could look at.

If they can do that, and establish themselves as a Premier League club then maybe they could expand the stadium in the future, or even move to a bigger arena.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

What are your thoughts on the future of Mr Raheem Sterling Windows?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:What are your thoughts on the future of Mr Raheem Sterling Windows?

Too many tattoos for a young kid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:37 am

How many would you consider appropriate for his age Tina?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:42 am

Rowley wrote:How many would you consider appropriate for his age Tina?

Well, I'm not a fan of them at all, but maybe one or two subtle ones if he really wants to ink himself.

But a whole sleeve like that? Just wait lad. Wait till you've got a story to tell.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 08 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

Firecracker chicken soup and turkey sandwich 8/10

Anyone got a quiz?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 12:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I watched the wild geese last night. Cracking film.

'Come on you beauties, who you are big lovelies aren't you'
I love you, Sean. WILD GEESE is one of my favourite films...cheesy as heck but a genuine guilty pleasure (along with "Tough Guys")

My mum took me to Bridlington when I was a slip of a lad (Set the tone for my jet-setting lifestyle, the following year we went to Southport...or maybe back to Bridlington). It was p!ssing it down and so she decided to go to the pictures, there was frig all on and so she chose WILD GEESE. I was far too young to get into the film (such a fresh faced innocent child as I could never have got into what I believe back then would have been an AA rated film...the older f*rts on here might know better) so she told me to wander away from the ticket kiosk and stand on my tiptoes so I looked a bit taller (surely the usher would have seen this but as I got in, the ruse clearly worked).

Anybleedin'way...I got in and we watched film, I loved the violence and the swearing however my enjoyment was spoiled somewhat by the fact I didn't have my glasses so everything was very "soft focus" (but given the craggy faced legends on screen this wouldn't have been a bad thing). Every time it's on I try and watch it...they don't show it know so I got hold of a copy on dvd. Tried getting my wife to watch it, it left her cold...she's crackers!

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:09 pm

It was on last week, one of the obscure channels. A rather controversial word was used on numerous occasions.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:41 pm

Michaelsed.

Any of you c*nt's still online?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:22 pm

I was but had a greater calling.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:32 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:I was but had a greater calling.

The warden calling for lights out?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:31 am

Yes, but it was a full moon so we were allowed do some bedtime reading in the prison camp.

How are we today my fiery fine friend? Any catastrophes planned?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:59 am

In starlit nights I saw you. So cruelly you kissed me, your lips a magic world, your sky all hung with jewels. The killing moon will come too soon......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:06 am

Good morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:08 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Yes, but it was a full moon so we were allowed do some bedtime reading in the prison camp.

How are we today my fiery fine friend? Any catastrophes planned?

If this devil weed ever lets me ill get around to it. Otherwise just a pleasant morning birds singing sun shining etc etc. How goes it for you?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:10 am

I was cutting my bay tree at the weekend. Found a bloody Goldfinches nest with 2 eggs in it. I have seen the parents to and frowing since so hopefully no damage done although my neighbour informs me the eggs would have perished if only briefly left unattended....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:31 am

Morning all, bloody lovely day in Bradders today

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:I was cutting my bay tree at the weekend.

Spare us the cutter.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I was cutting my bay tree at the weekend.

Spare us the cutter.

Saw that one coming

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:52 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

Saw that one coming

Said the accused man as he ducked another stone thrown by Shah and his 'cousins'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:55 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

Saw that one coming

Said the accused man as he ducked another stone thrown by Shah and his 'cousins'.  

Let he without a shiner cast the first stone

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:02 am

Shah, if I got a slipper and slapped a badly drawn A4 effigy of you with it, would you declare fatwa on me?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:08 am

A brief Quiz, it's about the Oscars, but credit most of you with the ability to have worked that out for yourselves.

How many Oscar nominations has Meryl Streep had? 18 (Sean)

Who turned down a best actor Oscar for the film Patton? George C Scott (Sean)

How many Oscars have the Bond films won?

Only two actors have won back to back best actor Oscars, name them? 1 - Hanks (Rick)

Which actor has the most Oscar nominations without winning?

How many times did Bob Hope host the Oscars?

Who was the oldest actor to win an acting Oscar?

Last edited by Rowley on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

seanmichaels wrote:Shah, if I got a slipper and slapped a badly drawn A4 effigy of you with it, would you declare fatwa on me?

Of course not. I'd The fatwa would be because you're a rent boy.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:12 am

Rowley wrote:A brief Quiz, it's about the Oscars, but credit most of you with the ability to have worked that out for yourselves.

How many Oscar nominations has Meryl Streep had? 214?

Who turned down a best actor Oscar for the film Patton? Jason Statham?

How many Oscars have the Bond films won? 11?

Only two actors have won back to back best actor Oscars, name them? Jason Statham?

Which actor has the most Oscar nominations without winning? The bloke that plays Max in Eastenders?

How many times did Bob Hope host the Oscars? Never?

Who was the oldest actor to win an acting Oscar? Jason Statham?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:13 am

I really don't feel you've embraced this with the seriousness it deserves Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:16 am

Rowley wrote:I really don't feel you've embraced this with the seriousness it deserves Tina.

Sorry Jeff, I haven't got a clue on any of them. Wasn't sure if just ignoring it was better or guessing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

Which actor has the most Oscar nominations without winning? Di Caprio?
How many times did Bob Hope host the Oscars? 10(ish)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

How many Oscar nominations has Meryl Streep had? something like 18?

Who turned down a best actor Oscar for the film Patton? George C Scott

How many Oscars have the Bond films won? 0

Only two actors have won back to back best actor Oscars, name them? Day Lewis

Which actor has the most Oscar nominations without winning? Jack Nicholas

How many times did Bob Hope host the Oscars?

Who was the oldest actor to win an acting Oscar?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

Nicholson....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:26 am

Only two actors have won back to back best actor Oscars, name them? Hanks

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:26 am

18 is rigth for Streep

George C Scott is right

Bond is not

Day Lewis isn't

Neither is Nicholas or Nicholson

Neither right for you either Rick

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:27 am

Hanks is good for one of them Rick, you'll have to go back a while for the other one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:27 am

rick_dagless wrote:10(ish)

Sean Connery wrote: But I don't even have a racket.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:29 am

The old uns are the best Tina

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

Must try harder...

Chaplin? (with hanks)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

Rowley wrote:18 is rigth for Streep

George C Scott is right

Hanks has won back to back.

I swear I didn't google streep or scott. That is crackers I remembered streep though. Pretty sure i was drunk most of January or whenever it was.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

Spencer Tracy - possibly 1937 & 1938

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

Rowley wrote:The old uns are the best Tina

Thanks Jeff. I'd have been mortified if that one passed without comment.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:34 am

Bob Hope - was it about 15 times?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:35 am

Beautiful work from Jules there with Tracy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:35 am

You're not far off with Hope, a few more though unbelievably.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

Rowley wrote:You're not far off with Hope, a few more though unbelievably.

Just goggled it after my guess. It wasn't more, according to wiki.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

I'll take your word for it. Got to be honest I googled it myself, so have no great confidence the website I used is any more accurate than the one you used.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:45 am

Haha

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:48 am

Rowley wrote:I'll take your word for it. Got to be honest I googled it myself, so have no great confidence the website I used is any more accurate than the one you used.

I've found 14, 18 and 19 on 3 different sites.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:55 am

I had 18 initially, but like you have found the other options. We'll scrub that question.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:56 am

Let's just say it was some Hope.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:14 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Let's just say it was some Hope.

It springs eternal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum