The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
Eyetoldyouso
Nay
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
pedro
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
hend085
barragan
mystiroakey
SmithersJones
Bob_the_Job
lorus59
Mad for Chelsea
MontysMerkin
JAS
puligny
kwinigolfer
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
super_realist
raycastleunited
beninho
Davie
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
31 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super

I saw the first two sets and a bit, then went out to get dinner. Wish I had stuck around to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 26 May 2015, 11:15 am

guns

Do we have an MRA in the room? tomato
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 May 2015, 12:00 pm

The town I live in has a population of just 40,000 residents and is almost in Canada, yet for the second time in the past dozen or so years, one of our residents will launch a Presidential Campaign here.
Interesting if nothing else. Ben and Jerry will be at his kick-off "do", so there will be plenty of ice cream at the very least.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 26 May 2015, 12:33 pm

Bernie Sanders, Kwini?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 26 May 2015, 1:14 pm

Yes, Almost bought a house directly opposite him!
Always been very accessible around town, same as Howard Dean, nothing precious about either of them.
Both transplanted New Yorkers but nice to have the attention their efforts bring us.
Bernie doesn't stand a prayer of winning but hopefully can steer Hillary's agenda slightly to, as Howard Dean would say, the democratic wing of the Democratic Party. Bernie and I have the same barber, but fortunately not the same hairstyle!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 29 May 2015, 12:46 pm

Anyone got some thoughts on the FIFA situation?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 29 May 2015, 12:54 pm

Never expected such a fuss over a Step Ladder

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 29 May 2015, 1:25 pm

UEFA should declare UDI and bring South America with them; if anyone else wants to join them, fine. But the rest won't be missed.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 29 May 2015, 1:39 pm

Nice idea Kwini, but I think Greg Dyke's comments this morning about a possible boycott pretty much sum up the situation - they don't like FIFA but they like the idea of doing anything about it even less.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 29 May 2015, 1:43 pm

I just think it is a little sad that over 1000 deaths in Qatar were not enough to reveal the moral bankruptcy of FIFA. It took monetary wrongdoing to get the football world to question whether FIFA is fit for purpose.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 29 May 2015, 1:44 pm

I don't think that's entirely logical Mac - it's not as if the number of construction deaths was part of the bidding process.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 29 May 2015, 1:48 pm

The point Smithers, is that people are willing to boycott FIFA because they took some backhanders, but not it seems if they restrict their activities to overseeing the deaths of workers.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 29 May 2015, 1:59 pm

Again, not entirely logical - the Qataris are overseeing the projects, not FIFA. It's not as if construction workers in Qatar are all well looked after except those working on the football stadia is it?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 29 May 2015, 3:59 pm

FIFA has no say on non world cup construction projects in Qatar. But they could easily have made the demand that if working practices on world cup stadiums were not up to scratch then Qatar would loose the right to hold the tournament. By not making such demands they are condoning the working conditions of Qatar.

I mean for FFS only in the right wing hovel that is 606 golf do you have to fight for people to accept that killing people forced to work in slave labour conditions is a bad thing.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 29 May 2015, 4:03 pm

On a lighter note you might find this interesting.

A sexual partner calculator.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/moneybox/2015/05/sex_history_calculator_is_your_number_of_sexual_partners_low_average_or.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_top

Super

I am not sure if it can handle zeros, but do let us know.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 29 May 2015, 4:47 pm

Mac, you talk as if you're some sort of lothario, yet, given by what you can gleam from your personality and character, no girl would go near the likes of you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 29 May 2015, 5:18 pm

Super, this might sound odd but I have a genuine interest in your lack of sex. It is like an oddity that I just can't help but think about. You must have been posting on here for 5+ years, and in all that time - maybe longer - you haven't had sex. I think we all like a bit of gossip, and if you are willing to share I would love to hear more about your predicament.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 29 May 2015, 6:05 pm

Mac, how on earth could you possibly know the history of my sex life? You don't know anyone's sex life on this forum, so why on earth speculate as to mine?

You won't even divulge what lowly job you do, so why would I go into something far more personal?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 29 May 2015, 6:49 pm

We did hear about Adam Scott though...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 29 May 2015, 9:42 pm

McLaren wrote:...I mean for FFS only in the right wing hovel that is 606 golf do you have to fight for people to accept that killing people forced to work in slave labour conditions is a bad thing.
picard
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 29 May 2015, 9:47 pm

McLaren wrote:Super, this might sound odd but I have a genuine interest in your lack of sex.  It is like an oddity that I just can't help but think about.  You must have been posting on here for 5+ years, and in all that time - maybe longer -  you haven't had sex.  I think we all like a bit of gossip, and if you are willing to share I would love to hear more about your predicament.

WTF

That is just weird.

You need to get out more.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 29 May 2015, 10:44 pm

I think he's got aspergers or something West, he's been weird for a few months, even by his deranged standards.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 30 May 2015, 6:18 am

Sex???? From what I recall about it, it's something done which then causes it to stop almost entirely after the baby turns up!! All just a distant memory.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 01 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm

beninho wrote:Sex???? From what I recall about it, it's something done which then causes it to stop almost entirely after the baby turns up!! All just a distant memory.

Ben, don't get me started on this. It really is a distant memory - the only one who shares my pillow these days is my 2 year old.

I can remember the days when I would wake up at the weekend and have to make a decision whether to go to the golf course and play a round or stay in bed and play around with whichever lady had chosen to be my guest the night before.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 01 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm

As we are on the subject, and a few are not having much sex, this might be the right place to ask if anyone has tried edging?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 01 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

raycastleunited wrote:

I can remember the days when I would wake up at the weekend and have to make a decision whether to go to the golf course and play a round or stay in bed and play around with whichever lady had chosen to be my guest the night before.
ray, I'd just call my friends and say something just came up…

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 01 Jun 2015, 2:20 pm

McLaren wrote:As we are on the subject, and a few are not having much sex, this might be the right place to ask if anyone has tried edging?
Isn't that what Kjeldsen did yesterday?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 01 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

Edging?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 01 Jun 2015, 2:39 pm

It is apparently where you take yourself to the point just before climax and then just stop. I am not sure if you then repeat the process or just leave it at that?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 02 Jun 2015, 5:50 pm

Did Sepp just get a call from the FBI?

Why the change of heart?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 02 Jun 2015, 8:25 pm

The blatter was full..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:45 pm

McLaren wrote:Did Sepp just get a call from the FBI?

Why the change of heart?
Excellent news. First step of a long process for FIFA.
Maybe this is the equivalent of a "Lance Armstrong" for Blatter. Here's hoping!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

It seemed as if Kumquat (why has the Attorney General's name been auto-edited?) Lynch was giving veiled warnings that a lot more was expected to go down.

Now this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32986950

The text doesn't really match the headline, but wouldn't doubt that Blatter has been told they've got the goods on him.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:26 pm

I bet the next FIFA Congress will refuse his resignation. There's no fun being a FIFA delegate if it's suddently all fair and square.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:51 pm

Ha! Apparently Clinton had an affair with Yoko Ono.

Hillary that is. Shocked

Please unleash those two in the White House again! Good fun.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:51 am

pedro wrote:Ha! Apparently Clinton had an affair with Yoko Ono.

Hillary that is. Shocked

Please unleash those two in the White House again! Good fun.

Is that old windbag not dead yet?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:16 am

No, Hillary is alive.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:25 pm

John Henry/Tom Werner own the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC, among other things.

This is Henry speaking yesterday about the Sawx:
"How painful has it been to watch these games? I watch these games. I know how painful they are.We talk about television - it's terrible television. It's even worse to be responsible for this, and I feel responsible. I understand.
Very disappointed. It's been an unacceptable 51 games. We haven't played great. We haven't played smart, and we haven't played the way we're capable of playing."

Wonder if Tom Werner is saying the same to fans/staff of Liverpool FC?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:55 am

Do club owners actually care about whether or not a team wins anything unless it improves profit. Liverpool made a profit for the first time in 7 years which they probably wouldn't have done if they had a wage bill and transfer policy that would guarantee champions league and PL success.

Given that Liverpools history is enough to sell shirts and they get massive TV money, why would you spend anymore than you had to on liverpool if you just wanted to make some money? Spend enough to keep things respectable (knocking on top 4) and sit back and count sky and BT's cash.

Having said all that I worry Liverpools wage bill is that of a top four club. If so WTF are they paying for?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:07 am

Has there ever been a team that looks (and lives in) more to the past than Liverpool?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:19 am

Super

Yes, West Ham for starters. I think they had one good season sometime long ago where they played some passing football. Now we are constantly told of the "west ham way" and the fans get annoyed because big sam isn't employing tiki taka. When in reality the west ham way is rank mediocrity and constantly flirting with relegation.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:34 pm

McLaren wrote:Do club owners actually care about whether or not a team wins anything unless it improves profit.

Er yes. Do you think owners of Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid (to name a few) care about making a profit?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:38 pm

super_realist wrote:Has there ever been a team that looks (and lives in) more to the past than Liverpool?

Quite difficult to tell these days as money has so distorted the level playing field. Every team in the Preniership is basically an Abramovich away from reliving any past greatness should a benefactor come along.

Don't think West Ham ever saw themselves as top dog material Mac, their academy has produced more than most which may have raised expectations.

To answer Supers question...what about Leeds Utd??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:39 pm

Read in the Metro newspaper (aka gossip rag) today that the USGA require Caitlyn Jenner to obtain a new handicap following gender re-assignment surgery.

The press are putting a spin on it that it's terrible discriminatory behaviour, but surely this is a great example of treating this person as a lady - women play a different course to the men and so the handicap should reflect this.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:47 pm

Dont each set of tees have a slop rating?  Why would you need a new handicap to switch which tees you play from, if you even bothered to change?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

A slop rating? What didn't the operation go well then?  Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:19 pm

What a metamorphosis from world's best male athlete to golfing like an old lady . . . . . . . with no aspersions cast for the politically correct to complain about.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:21 pm

The term "athlete" should never be used in golf.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:24 pm

Appropriate when applied to the decathlon though.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 04 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

super_realist wrote:The term "athlete" should never be used in golf.

Maybe athletic when comparing 9chins to Daley..

Hi all anyway..

Busy time for me. Hope all is well. U.S. Open coming up... Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 04 Jun 2015, 4:06 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Yes, West Ham for starters.  I think they had one good season sometime long ago where they played some passing football.  Now we are constantly told of the "west ham way" and the fans get annoyed because big sam isn't employing tiki taka.  When in reality the west ham way is rank mediocrity and constantly flirting with relegation.

I think it's more about them living in the future .. Trying to make out they will be a force to contend with once they are in the oylimpic stadium.

I don't know any West Ham fan that believes they are close to the top 7. But some are idiots and blame everything on big Sam like the toon fans, a team that does live in the past.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next