The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Welbeck

2 posters

Go down

Danny Welbeck Empty Danny Welbeck

Post by FootballLight Sun 29 Mar - 14:13

A very interesting player. Works hard and is a versatile player which is some of his attributes. A lot of people criticise him and a lot of people praise him at the same time. I think its fair to say he is a inconsistent performer but works hard nevertheless. I think he is one of them players that just can't hit it off at club level but can perform well at International level. Never found any consistency to his goals at either club so far but works well under Hodgson's system and puts in a very good shift and comes out with a goal and a good performance.

Thoughts?

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Danny Welbeck Empty Re: Danny Welbeck

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 31 Mar - 13:31

Agreed. Not in the Welbeck bashing camp at all. Possibly in danger of being jack of all trades and master of none in the forward line though. Needs to get club form consistently high with good goals return or might get risked being overlooked, although Hodgson does seem to look through to the style and effectiveness of the player for his system regardless of the headlines given to Sturridge and latterly Kane.

Would definitely be in my squad for the big games (if and when we have them!) and often in the team.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down