The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The big debate 2015 !!!

+17
Nematode
Lowlandbrit
Rowley
TopHat24/7
JDizzle
GSC
Derbymanc
Crimey
Brys
Ent
super_realist
Dave.
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
Mike Selig
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The big debate 2015 !!! Empty The big debate 2015 !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Clegg non existent.....Cam and Mili going through the motions....Farage chucking grenades and misfiring.....Little feisty Nicola Sturgeon stealing the show.....What a fighter..

Think I'm falling in love.....Shorter version of my Mrs....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The big debate 2015 !!! Empty Re: The big debate 2015 !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Clegg backing Cameron up on everything....Vote Lib get Con...

Bennett for Greens impressing more..

Plaid Cymru non entity.....

Sturgeon still kicking most asss

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Best closing speeches Clegg and Farage....

Bennett awful....

No game changer for me...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Thought Farage won, unsurprisingly, overall. Maintained calm and composure, illustrated well what he stood for, and seemed to have the support of the audience.

Clegg and Sturgeon not far behind, although the latter of the two seemed to lose their direction and focus from halfway onwards. Clegg left me in further doubt as to what his party, beyond their policy on the EU, actually stood for. Both suffered from a solitary crippling problem: Clegg has little credibility after five years ago; Sturgeon only has limited voter potential.

Miliband and Cameron, meh. The former suffers from awful, forced charisma, while Cameron blathered on with the same cliches time after time.

Bennett and Wood? What on earth were they doing on there?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Yougov poll...

Sturgeon wins.....Farage second...

Cameron third beats Miliband by 5%..

The rest nowhere..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:13 pm

YouGov took a quick poll:

Debate Result: Sturgeon wins
Cameron: 18%
Miliband: 15%
Clegg: 10%
Farage: 20%
Bennett: 5%
Sturgeon: 28%
Wood: 4%
1117 GB adults

Good grief, Cameron scored that highly?!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:27 pm

3% not 5..

Thanks for the data Duty..

If Labour had Sturgeon it would be over...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Icm poll has it for Miliband..

Miliband 25
Cameron. 24
Farage. 18
Sturgeon 17

Must say I prefer yougov....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Comres calls it a three way tie..

Cameron, Mili, Farage....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:13 pm

The problem Cameron has is that because of Miliband's perception everybody was expecting him to walk all over Ed; in that regard what is being scored pretty much as a draw is if anything(*) a good result for Miliband and that is really why Cameron was avoiding the debates as best he could - when everybody is expecting you to trounce your opponent you've not got much to gain.

You could argue the same about Farage but in reality his demographic is quite different and short of him making a massive gaffe (which he is savvy enough to avoid - in spite of his attempted "blokey" image, he is actually quite a consummate politician) these debates were unlikely to change people's minds. It's not like when the Lib Dems (in elections prior to this one - this one is of course very different for them) used to get a spike in the polls everytime somebody mentioned them - UKIP have been enough in the news recently and nobody is suddenly going to go "oh yeah, I didn't know UKIP stood for that, that sounds like a good idea".

Which is all a long-winded way of saying that overall I don't think tonight changed much if anything. A few people may have been impressed by Sturgeon, but given that the SNP are apparently set to hoover up pretty much all of Scotland (I have my doubts as to whether this will be quite as drastic as some are saying)... meh

I'm struggling to see anybody landing a knock-out blow in the following weeks TBH. It feels like the campaign has been going on for years, and people are either aware of the benefits and issues on all sides, or they're simply not bothered and will either vote the way they always had, vote in protest or not vote at all.

I suspect the conservatives will enjoy a final minute "incumbent" bounce, both due to a "well the economy is growing" kind of thing, and also as I suspect quite a few potential UKIP voters will get cold feet (as a number of Lib Dems did in 2010). I think the Lib Dems may do OK (25-30 seats) and may in Lib-Lab marginals get a fair amount of tactical votes off the Torries. Whether these two factors combined will be enough to keep the Conservatives in government either as a minority (propped up by a number of Lib Dems) or in another coalition (although there will be plenty on both sides of the divide who won't be all too keen on that) remains to be seen.

(*) with the caveat that I suspect most of those calling it for Miliband/Cameron were going to vote Labour/Conservative anyway, and the undecideds were probably quite evenly split. In that vein, frankly the snap polls tell us very little.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:47 pm

I was in the second row at the debate and I'd say it came across very differently live than on TV.
Ed came across badly live, he does a horrible forced gesture with three fingers every time he tries to make a point and it's really distracting. He did have a very strong handshake though and was polite to the audience members thanking them for coming.
Nigel came across often as rude, his comment regarding HIV had a number of audience simply open mouthed that he said it, though it was clear he had a very quick wit and seemed more concerned in cracking a quick pun. After the cameras stopped he also pretty much legged it out of the room, not stopping to chat to any of the audience.
All three female leaders certainly came across well, the Welsh leader especially came across as someone who just genuinely cared about what she was talking about. Sturgeon was the last to leave and pretty much went round the entire audience.
Clegg initially came across a bit desperate but grew in confidence as the discussion went on, he has excellent timing with his voice and he reminds me of a Jackanory host, his voice is easy on the ear, he also chatted with me briefly afterwards and we joked about needing a pint afterwards.
Cameron was excellent at engaging with the audience, he was constantly getting eye contact with people and looked the most at ease. He came over to where I was both in the ad break which no other leader did (all others just went backstage in the break and then back to their podium) but again after the show and shook hands though it was quite a weak handshake.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Excellent read.....Good stuff.....

Good analysis from Mike also......Think Labour needs to be level or close going into May...There will be an incumbent boost !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:29 am

Still don't see the point

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:16 am

Politics ain't for everyone.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 am

Sturgeon and Clegg impressed me most. Half the time I don't know what Farage was thinking, blame the foreigners for everything? Bennett and Wood didn't offer much but in Wood's defence, she was going for the Welsh audience.

I'm sure you'll all be watching our leaders debate on the 28th.....

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:59 am

On Farage's HIV comment: Whilst there were 6,000 new diagnoses of HIV in the UK in 2013, it would appear that 54% of those were born abroad. (In 2004, that same number was a shockingly high 68%.)

However, it might be worth noting that data on the country of birth for those 6,000 new diagnoses were only available for 83% of them. Assuming the other 17% were born abroad, I would reasonably estimate that the 54% would be closer to the 60% that Farage stated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/401662/2014_PHE_HIV_annual_report_draft_Final_07-01-2015.pdf

(Page Nine)

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:44 am

1) "born abroad" is not the same as "foreign", and "foreign" is not the same as "health tourist"

2) I don't see the figure as either surprising or shocking. I think it reinforces the importance (and economic benefits) of foreign aid - improving the standard of education in these countries will eventually be to everybody's benefit. Including ours.

3) In any case rounding up 54% to 60% is scarcely stretching the truth all that much. Pretty much every politician everywhere (inc Farage's "90% of our laws come from the EU") have made far greater misrepresentations than that.

4) Regardless of the figure I completely and utterly disagree with Farage's stance on this. Although I pretty much disagree with Farage on everything so this is scarcely surprising.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:34 am

Not the end of the World to me who wins this election...............Though I would prefer a labour government and wouldn't mind an SNP coalition.....

I saw it like this...In terms of effectiveness.

1. Sturgeon
2. Farage
3. Miliband
4. Cameron
5. Clegg
6. Bennett
7. Plaid...(can't remember her name she made that much of an impression)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:47 am

For what it's worth...............7 million watched it apparently...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not the end of the World to me who wins this election...............Though I would prefer a labour government and wouldn't mind an SNP coalition.....

1. Sturgeon
2. Farage
3. Miliband
4. Cameron
5. Clegg
6. Bennett

Doubt anyone will want to get into bed with the SNP, why would anyone want a coalition with a party whose sole purpose is the dissolution of the UK, and they certainly couldn't with Lego Hair Sturgeon as Deputy, because she doesn't hold a Westminster seat.

I also think the claim that the SNP will sweep up Scotland is over the top, they've only got 6 seats at present, fewer even than the insignificant DUP in the backward province of Norn Irn, there are 59 in total in Scotland, so the SNP have only 10% of Scottish seats at present, and less than 1% of UK seats. Very much doubt they could hold the "balance of power"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Mike Selig wrote:1) "born abroad" is not the same as "foreign", and "foreign" is not the same as "health tourist"

2) I don't see the figure as either surprising or shocking. I think it reinforces the importance (and economic benefits) of foreign aid - improving the standard of education in these countries will eventually be to everybody's benefit. Including ours.

3) In any case rounding up 54% to 60% is scarcely stretching the truth all that much. Pretty much every politician everywhere (inc Farage's "90% of our laws come from the EU") have made far greater misrepresentations than that.

4) Regardless of the figure I completely and utterly disagree with Farage's stance on this. Although I pretty much disagree with Farage on everything so this is scarcely surprising.

Farage is an idiot really, hiv is much more prevalent in countries other than the uk - so shock horror a higher percentage of those treated are from other countries. That is why he has specifically chosen hiv of all the conditions available. Also God forbid you were exposed to someone's blood, you'd be grateful they'd a lower viral count secondary to treatment.

A big rise in snp votes will be secondary to voter guilt after choosing to remain in the U.K. would anyone have the balls to state this publically?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:39 pm

super_realist wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not the end of the World to me who wins this election...............Though I would prefer a labour government and wouldn't mind an SNP coalition.....

1. Sturgeon
2. Farage
3. Miliband
4. Cameron
5. Clegg
6. Bennett

Doubt anyone will want to get into bed with the SNP, why would anyone want a coalition with a party whose sole purpose is the dissolution of the UK, and they certainly couldn't with Lego Hair Sturgeon as Deputy, because she doesn't hold a Westminster seat.

I also think the claim that the SNP will sweep up Scotland is over the top, they've only got 6 seats at present, fewer even than the insignificant DUP in the backward province of  Norn Irn, there are 59 in total in Scotland, so the SNP have only 10% of Scottish seats at present, and less than 1% of UK seats. Very much doubt they could hold the "balance of power"

They are on course to take about 30 off Labour......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Not a chance Truss. To think they could increase their seats by 500% is a laughable proposition.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:59 pm

super_realist wrote:Not a chance Truss. To think they could increase their seats by 500% is a laughable proposition.

Not with 20/27 point poll leads.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:20 pm

I could see the SNP with 20 seats. Not the 40 or 50 projected.

I see DUP landing with 8 seats. Loss in South Antrim balanced out by gain in South Belfast. Could go as low as 6 (further loss in Upper Bann) or as high as 10 (keep South Antrim, gain South and East Belfast)

My central prediction is:

8 DUP, 5 SF, 2 SDLP, 1 UUP, 1 Alliance and Hermon (Ind who generally sides with Labour)

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
super_realist wrote:Not a chance Truss. To think they could increase their seats by 500% is a laughable proposition.

Not with  20/27 point poll leads.............

Have you seen the disparity in the polls for the leaders Truss from last night, and the polls for the Scottish Independence and how inaccurate they were? Trouble with polls is that they only tell you about the opinions of the 1000 people that were polled, it doesn't tell you their demographic, where they live, or where the polling company got their contact details, therefore taking the results of a few hastily gathered polls as the voice of entire nation would be pretty foolish. For example if I poll 1000 people at a football match on their gender, and then take that as representative of the entire nation, I'm not likely to get an accurate figure of what is actually the reality.

I don't doubt that the SNP might well improve their seat number, although if anyone suggested 40-50, they're utterly mad, perhaps to around 14-16 or so, however there are an awful lot of very safe seats, and  lot of other seats where the SNP aren't even in the top two, whilst there are huge swathes of Scotland where the SNP are loathed. The swing required would be colossal, and given that 55% according to the referendum votes of Scotland doesn't favour their number one objective, getting anywhere close to the projected number of seats seems totally unrealistic.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:42 pm

One thing I have heard is that due to the Labour/LD vote falling and the SNP vote rising is that the Tories could come up through the middle and snatch some seats. One poll said they'd end up with 7, whilst I'd say that's too high, 2 or 3 seats perhaps?

I just think the closer we get to the election Scots will go back to a UK party. That's not to say the SNP won't have a good night, just maybe not as good as is predicted.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:47 pm

One thing that the SNP loved to use as a bargaining chip to the average uneducated voter was North Sea Oil, now that is worth about $55 a barrel instead of the SNP's projected $110, they've lost one of their major vote winners.

Your average ginger haired, irn bru drinking dole monkey hasn't got a reason to shout "It's SCotland's Oil " anymore.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:18 pm

super_realist wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Not with  20/27 point poll leads.............

Have you seen the disparity in the polls for the leaders Truss from last night, and the polls for the Scottish Independence and how inaccurate they were? Trouble with polls is that they only tell you about the opinions of the 1000 people that were polled, it doesn't tell you their demographic, where they live, or where the polling company got their contact details, therefore taking the results of a few hastily gathered polls as the voice of entire nation would be pretty foolish. For example if I poll 1000 people at a football match on their gender, and then take that as representative of the entire nation, I'm not likely to get an accurate figure of what is actually the reality.

I don't doubt that the SNP might well improve their seat number, although if anyone suggested 40-50, they're utterly mad, perhaps to around 14-16 or so, however there are an awful lot of very safe seats, and  lot of other seats where the SNP aren't even in the top two, whilst there are huge swathes of Scotland where the SNP are loathed. The swing required would be colossal, and given that 55% according to the referendum votes of Scotland doesn't favour their number one objective, getting anywhere close to the projected number of seats seems totally unrealistic.

Polls are usually pretty good.............You have the odd outlier...........

But when all of them have huge SNP leads you tend to believe it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Didn't tons of polls have the Independence Referendum as being very close? It wasn't.

Did any polls concur on last nights debate? Not really.

We'll see in a few weeks, but either way, the SNP won't be Kingmakers as everyone else hates them and their agenda.

The Lib Dems are going to lose seats, but they are still seen as a more credible coalition party than Lego Hair and her band of bigots.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:10 pm

super_realist wrote:Didn't tons of polls have the Independence Referendum as being very close? It wasn't.

We'll see in a few weeks, but either way, the SNP won't be Kingmakers as everyone else hates them and their agenda.

The Lib Dems are going to lose seats, but they are still seen as a more credible coalition party than Lego Hair and her band of bigots.

The polls all had NO winning but it was 3/4 points more than predicted for sure..............Then again there is usually an incumbent bounce.......

That's why pollsters have MOE Margin of error............

Very rarely are a long way out...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
super_realist wrote:Didn't tons of polls have the Independence Referendum as being very close? It wasn't.

The polls all had NO winning but it was 3/4 points more than predicted for sure..............Then again there is usually an incumbent bounce.......

That's why pollsters have MOE Margin of error............

Very rarely are a long way out...

How about the polls from last night, some had Sturgeon as the clear winner, others had her on about 13%. Very much a chasm of difference.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:31 pm

I'd just like to pick up on a couple of points made and offer my own view on the situation.

I'll start with the polls issue and the three mentioned. The referendum polls did have it at 1-2% a week before the election and weren't far off but for the unionist pledge which swayed enough to vote No. In this case I don't think we can call those polls inaccurate. As for the the snap polls last night well they are what they snap polls done with little or no thought in terms of giving a political balance and should always be treated with a pinch of salt.

Finally the most important polls those of Lord Ashcroft which are extremely well balanced and considered polls in terms of trying to provide unbiased numbers. These are showing some massive swings to SNP in terms of seats anywhere between 35-50, now all polls should be viewed with caution but some are more reliable than others. Another thing to regard with this swing is Scots have tended to vote in regards to SNP one way for a Scottish election and a different way for a General one, this seems to be changing.

I wouldn't right a landslide SNP victory off so easily especially since the SNP seemed to have learned from the referendum that nothing is a given until the ballot is cast and the votes are counted.

Just to to briefly touch on north sea oil prices I'd wait and see where we are in 18mths time before making any predictions.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:47 pm

The Telegraph has a story out that says Sturgeon would prefer Cameron as PM.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11514933/Nicola-Sturgeon-secretly-backs-David-Cameron.html

Hmm.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Which has been rebutted by Nicola Sturgeon on Twitter.

Wait and see I guess. Game changer?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Dave. wrote:The Telegraph has a story out that says Sturgeon would prefer Cameron as PM.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11514933/Nicola-Sturgeon-secretly-backs-David-Cameron.html

Hmm.

I'm dubious to anything stated by the Telegraph with regards to the SNP based on some of their other articles.

Edit: Saying that from a strategic long term point of view I think either scenario is a win-win for the SNP. Tories get in and then they can further fuel the independence angle (anti-westminister, not anti-english) and if Labour get in then in the short term they can try and influence some policy decisions for Scotland and the UK as a whole. They will never support the Tories as they are totally against their own values and they would never be forgiven by the Scottish people but in the end the Prime Minister is picked by England and the SNP will have to adapt strategies depending on either outcome, they would be idiotic not to.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:24 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Politics ain't for everyone.....

Thats the dream, sadly we have popularity contests and people caring about how a politician appears on camera...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:07 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Thats the dream, sadly we have popularity contests and people caring about how a politician appears on camera...

I do get what you are saying regarding popularity on tv during a short debate shouldn't be a deciding factor on how one votes and it should be done to the policies and in some cases previous governance of the people involved. Though we can't be dismissive of how well someone comes across either, as its a political tool in how a country is portrayed worldwide and its a tool everyone uses in everyday life as well. First impressions and pre-conceived notions have a huge effect on us, if thats a good thing I'm not so sure but its how most of us tend to operate.

I do think these debates are important to allow more engagement on a wider scale into politics but they need some serious review and need to be mandatory. They need to be better organised, by an independent committee (That will be a job in itself, getting one of those), with no influence by political parties or the networks. No incumbent PM is likely to ever want them but the challenger is due to having more to gain thus turning them into a political tool (much like the NHS), these debates should be about the people seeing and hearing their respective politicians and not about the politicians own agendas.

I have noticed this earlier in the campaign a more significant shift towards negative advertisement more in keeping with what I see in America and Australia. Maybe I'm miss remembering previous elections which have certain had their own negative approaches but it seems greater this time especially from the Tories. Be interesting to see what others think on this though.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:47 am

Youtube is an interesting one for that, Brys, as there isn't the regulatory control like we have on TV.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:37 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

A minority..............

I imagine some folk do care about Health, Education, Taxes..........

I do..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:38 am

Dave. wrote:The Telegraph has a story out that says Sturgeon would prefer Cameron as PM.

Hmm.

Good news for Labour in Scotland If true.................Bad news for Labour over here....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

A minority..............

I imagine some folk do care about Health, Education, Taxes..........

I do..

Yet they also comment on how nervous red Ed might look on TV. Really important stuff

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Generalising again.....

Yougov poll.....Only 11 percent of the electorate will be voting on who they think is best leader...

If you have a family you tend to vote on policy and what kind of society you want them and you to live in....There will always be exceptions....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Yet I'm here to talk about the debates and how pointless they are. Not that I trust a YouGov poll based on voters who are interested enough to be a part of a YouGov poll. Or even their ability to project onto a nation of voters.

Alas, neither do I trust the answers people give.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:20 pm

The polls tend to be close....Which is why so much money is spent on them....

I can understand your disenchantment...I hate all the repeating the questioners name, the sincere face to the camera, The pause and gestures to ram home a point....It's all bollox...

But it's here to stay..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Can anyone here remember the 1992 election? My first birthday was the day of the election so I don't.

Just seemingly very similar to this one.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Dave. wrote:Can anyone here remember the 1992 election? My first birthday was the day of the election so I don't.

Just seemingly very similar to this one.

I remember it somewhat and have looked at it since from a interested (yes I am this sad) party standpoint. In what way are you finding it similar?

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:21 pm

I wasn't eligible to vote yet.... but it was neck and neck....Labour had a kind of celebration bash where Kinnock lost the plot and Major pulled out in front in the final days......

Labour was more left wing then.....and Kinnock didn't look the part....

But he had more personality than Ed.....

Also think Ed looks more electable.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:01 am

Looks like Farage's comments about HIV have been met with approval by most.

A YouGov poll of 1,906 adults found that 50 per cent would support ‘people coming to live in the UK being banned from receiving treatment on the NHS for a period of five years’. Another 34 per cent opposed such a ban.
A second question saw voters asked which statement best reflected their view. In this, 52 per cent thought Mr Farage was ‘right to raise this issue - immigrants with serious conditions like HIV are costing the health service a large amount of money’. This compared with 37 per cent who picked: ‘Nigel Farage was just scaremongering - compared to the total cost of the NHS this is a drop in the ocean’, and 11 per cent did not know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3026939/Half-Britons-Farage-HIV-Poll-finds-50-agree-immigrants-not-immediately-receive-free-treatment-arrive-UK.html

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:Looks like Farage's comments about HIV have been met with approval by most.

A YouGov poll of 1,906 adults found that 50 per cent would support ‘people coming to live in the UK being banned from receiving treatment on the NHS for a period of five years’. Another 34 per cent opposed such a ban.
A second question saw voters asked which statement best reflected their view. In this, 52 per cent thought Mr Farage was ‘right to raise this issue - immigrants with serious conditions like HIV are costing the health service a large amount of money’. This compared with 37 per cent who picked: ‘Nigel Farage was just scaremongering - compared to the total cost of the NHS this is a drop in the ocean’, and 11 per cent did not know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3026939/Half-Britons-Farage-HIV-Poll-finds-50-agree-immigrants-not-immediately-receive-free-treatment-arrive-UK.html

Which is really worrying, it's such a stupid point to bring up, the cost is minimal and medical tourism is shown to be very low. I have no problem with my money going towards helping others not die.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next