The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That really grinds my gears thread

+46
Galted
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Steffan
lfc91
dyrewolfe
nadeem2099
Scott is Back
88Chris05
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
Breadvan
SecretFly
huw
Duty281
President Trump
Corporalhumblebucket
Pr4wn
gw
incontinentia
Adam D
MIG
Hero
ShahenshahG
hampo17
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Mad for Chelsea
McLaren
dummy_half
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
aja424
Ent
Dolphin Ziggler
westisbest
Rowley
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
Pal Joey
Stella
Derbymanc
Crimey
50 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 11 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 11 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Galted Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:30 pm

The BBC

How far up its own arse can it get? The news headline at the moment is that Chris Evans is stepping down as host of Top Gear - some w*nker is leaving one of its sh*t programs, most important happening in the world at the moment. Thank F we still have the luvvies to tell us what a great institution the Beeb is and how it's the envy of the world.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 11 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:18 am

Galted wrote:The BBC

How far up its own arse can it get?  The news headline at the moment is that Chris Evans is stepping down as host of Top Gear - some w*nker is leaving one of its sh*t programs, most important happening in the world at the moment.  Thank F we still have the luvvies to tell us what a great institution the Beeb is and how it's the envy of the world.
Thankfully The Royale Family and Fast Show were also on the BBC so they can splof themselves silly over the genius of Caroline Aherne. Always found her to be like Ricky Gervais, namely far too smug and self satisfied in a way that Peter Kay will never manage no matter how hard he tries.

Only need Gervais to be hit by a car whilst he's prancing around L.A. and my life will be complete

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:11 am

The BBC is something to be proud of......An institution that is close to neutral when providing news is something of a miracle these days....

In the USA you can watch the Democrat demonising Fox news or watch the other 99% of networks like MSNBC paint Hillary Clinton and Obama as Saints and Bush, Trump types as the spawn of Satan....

The grass isn't always Greener...

As for Top gear and other programs I don't watch them.......My Wife tends to watch satellite stuff like NCIS and CSI garbage...and I tend to watch the sport channels..

But as a news broadcaster the BBC is to be lauded..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:12 am

Loud sneezers. Attention seeking at it's best!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:18 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

But as a news broadcaster the BBC is to be lauded..

The SNP would agree..... a BBC blatant lie almost got them their Independence Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:28 am

But seriously, the great parts of the BBC have in many ways been killed off by the new generation of 'dumb down' editors and producers.

There was a time that you'd get genuine detailed science on the BBC - now you get Horizon shows (my favourite part of the BBC) dumbed down to concentrate on 'social/health mag' issues - "How to live longer whilst still eating crap fatty food", "What your Poop says about your sex life."

And on to Nature programmes.  They too have to be 'humanified' to put the damn sound guys and camera men central to the 'narrative'.  Who gives a schidt about more Lions eating wildebeest - let's see how John the cameraman has to deal with sleep deprivation and a phone call from his lonely girlfriend that makes him depressed and has him shout at the soundman.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:30 am

Stella wrote:Loud sneezers. Attention seeking at it's best!

Can anyone translate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:36 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Can anyone translate..

I'll try:

Loud sneezers. Attention seeking at it's best

okay...I'll try better

Loud elaborate sounding 'classic' sounding "ATCHUUUUUUU!!!! sneezers. Actors, not genuine. Elaborating the sound and the levels to draw attention.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:42 am

SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Can anyone translate..

I'll try:

okay...I'll try better

Loud elaborate sounding 'classic' sounding "ATCHUUUUUUU!!!! sneezers.  Actors, not genuine.  Elaborating the sound and the levels to draw attention.

Thanks for the clarification......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:52 am

SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Can anyone translate..

I'll try:

okay...I'll try better

Loud elaborate sounding 'classic' sounding "ATCHUUUUUUU!!!! sneezers.  Actors, not genuine.  Elaborating the sound and the levels to draw attention.

Thank you OK
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:30 am

You're entitled to have a pop at me Stella... thumbsup ..

Bless..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're entitled to have a pop at me Stella... thumbsup ..

Bless..

I would never do that!!!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 am

SecretFly wrote:But seriously, the great parts of the BBC have in many ways been killed off by the new generation of 'dumb down' editors and producers.

There was a time that you'd get genuine detailed science on the BBC - now you get Horizon shows (my favourite part of the BBC) dumbed down to concentrate on 'social/health mag' issues - "How to live longer whilst still eating crap fatty food", "What your Poop says about your sex life."

And on to Nature programmes.  They too have to be 'humanified' to put the damn sound guys and camera men central to the 'narrative'.  Who gives a schidt about more Lions eating wildebeest - let's see how John the cameraman has to deal with sleep deprivation and a phone call from his lonely girlfriend that makes him depressed and has him shout at the soundman.
It says, "carry on like that and you'll be single forever or divorced very shortly"

Bit I digress, the "dumbing" down of tv irks me as much as anything these days. Also, why do we need these "from left field" panelists on political shows. Four MP's and someone from "Keeping Up Appearances"...why?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:45 am

BBC using the phrase 'epic fail'

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:03 am

I haven't got a sex life...So if your poop is dark and runny like mine...

Change your diet quickly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:35 am

DAVE667 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:But seriously, the great parts of the BBC have in many ways been killed off by the new generation of 'dumb down' editors and producers.

It says, "carry on like that and you'll be single forever or divorced very shortly"

Bit I digress, the "dumbing" down of tv irks me as much as anything these days. Also, why do we need these "from left field" panelists on political shows. Four MP's and someone from "Keeping Up Appearances"...why?

I remember going to a talk by Richard Noble about the launch of Bloodhound SSC. He gave a great talk about its aims of inspiring a new generation of British engineers etc. And he also talked about money, how it was going to cost around 6million (at the time, I think) 'Or about what the BBC are paying Jonathan Ross'.

Whole new generation of engineers or one more quirky BBC presenter. *Sigh...

If only they dropped the fascination with 'celebrity' presenters and airhead TV...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:34 am

lostinwales wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I remember going to a talk by Richard Noble about the launch of Bloodhound SSC. He gave a great talk about its aims of inspiring a new generation of British engineers etc. And he also talked about money, how it was going to cost around 6million (at the time, I think) 'Or about what the BBC are paying Jonathan Ross'.

If only they dropped the fascination with 'celebrity' presenters and airhead TV...
I'd accept remaining under "control" of Brussels if they could guarantee that all celebrities (loosely defined as "being on tv but not having any discernible/clearly defined talent" - Davina McCall, Tess Daly etc) along with the celebrity "does the job of a normal person but seems to be on tv" (Jamie Oliver and his ilk) were all slaughtered humanely or otherwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:25 am

Celebreties that presume everyones life is as easy as their's and we just make excuse to make it seem harder (came across that Paltrow quote about mothers again grrrrrrrrrr)

Goodbye threads/oh woe is me. Just go, pm a MOD if you have too but go. (Alternatively just never log in again, job done as well)

Working weekends, bloody hate it

Vodafone customer service WTF all i wanted was to set up a decent call package for whilst i'm in France why did it take me 8 hours to set up the thing i asked for in the first bloody place

Curry's Customer service - Why did i sign up to pay x a week to cover the laptops, have one repaired already, another done countless times (seriously samsung, shocking product there.) only to now be told the kids laptops can't be repaired as they're cover was never taken out aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
(On a side note, thankfully the missus is dealing witht he C.S issues but i'm sure she'd put it down if she could)

People taking up 2 spaces in the car park still, frickin idiots

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 am

You seem a little bit stressed Derby...

My brother has a saying he uses when things aren't going great...."This will breed character"....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:50 am

Was it that obvious Truss ha ha, one of them days when nothing went right and them little things that should take 10 mins took hours. Happy again for now but another thing that grinds me gears is not hearing back from Jobs you've applied for. I know there's probably loads of people that have applied but just a stock message or email saying pee off you were rubbish would do.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 am

People with stickers in the rear windscreen of their cars. My other car is...A dog is for life....Dads taxi.....Princess on board etc. Ugh
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:30 am

Breadvan wrote:People with stickers in the rear windscreen of their cars. My other car is...A dog is for life....Dads taxi.....Princess on board etc. Ugh
Yep. "Baby on board" while driving like a winker.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:41 am

DAVE667 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I'd accept remaining under "control" of Brussels if they could guarantee that all celebrities (loosely defined as "being on tv but not having any discernible/clearly defined talent" - Davina McCall, Tess Daly etc) along with the celebrity "does the job of a normal person but seems to be on tv" (Jamie Oliver and his ilk) were all slaughtered humanely or otherwise

Reminds me of a BBC daytime TV show that I used to watch sometimes when I first had a house and me and the missus were doing it up. It was called 'real rooms'. It was led by actual tradesmen, plasterers, decorators, carpenters plumbers etc. It was all about being practical and actually had some useful tips etc. And then after a season or two they started bringing in very BBC style 'designers'..... The horror....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:07 am

lostinwales wrote:

Reminds me of a BBC daytime TV show that I used to watch sometimes when I first had a house and me and the missus were doing it up. It was called 'real rooms'. It was led by actual tradesmen, plasterers, decorators, carpenters plumbers etc. It was all about being practical and actually had some useful tips etc. And then after a season or two they started bringing in very BBC style 'designers'..... The horror....

The same with that show Countryfile.

Started out as a journalistic but still interestingly filmed show on farming issues and countryside topics.  But then realised it was 'popular' so changed times from Sunday morning to evening (thereby risking that morning audience that sometimes have better things to do in the evenings!)

- and of course too, when it's evening, it has to be 'dumbed down' for the evening masses and to compete against the commercial channels.  So the 'Blue Peter' crowd start popping up and the language and presentation becomes much more twee and staged:  "I'm walking on this lonely, windswept, wild and beautiful, ancient old pathway far away from habitation and the din of humanity and.............. oh here's Bob Mortimer of the Local Wildlife Trust.  Hello Bob , didn't expect to see you here - tell us about your plans for this area in the coming years"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:17 am

Actually that's one that should stand out on its own:

Postman Pat style Staged Twee.

"I'm in a spot of bother here - I've just picked up a puncture and had to pull in. Oh here's Barry, the local Mechanic - Hello Barry, didn't expect to see you......................"

"You know with all this talking and walking, I'm feeling a little peckish up on the crest of this mountain in a force 10 gale. Oh here's Julie, the local cake Lady - didn't expect to see you here Julie.... and cakes too!...."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:40 am

SecretFly wrote:Actually that's one that should stand out on its own:  

Postman Pat style Staged Twee.

"I'm in a spot of bother here - I've just picked up a puncture and had to pull in.  Oh here's Barry, the local Mechanic - Hello Barry, didn't expect to see you......................"

"You know with all this talking and walking, I'm feeling a little peckish up on the crest of this mountain in a force 10 gale.  Oh here's Julie, the local cake Lady - didn't expect to see you here Julie.... and cakes too!...."

Would work well on Crimewatch. "And this is the lane down which the murderer disappeared and... oh f*ck!"

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:49 am

laughing

Oh Fu*k, here's Kevin the psycho and his mate Jeff the strangler......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:13 am

lostinwales wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

When I was in the Royal Navy, I met some lads off HMS Kent where 'Changing rooms came in and "Changed" one of the lads Messdecks. They wanted a old fashioned country pub theme, old Llewellyn-Bowen flounced in and turned it into a 50s style diner! Needless to say it didn't last long..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:28 am

People who insist of using their smartphones to film footage in Portrait mode rather than Landscape!

How many movies do they watch in a year? All of them in Landscape! If they want to send their wonderful footage to News Channels then at least conform to most appropriate mode that will look best on TV.

I won't say this again! You've been warned.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:46 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Breadvan wrote:People with stickers in the rear windscreen of their cars. My other car is...A dog is for life....Dads taxi.....Princess on board etc. Ugh

They are there so in the event of an accident first responders know there is a baby in the car and can try and deal with the kid first, apparently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:27 am

Rowley wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

They are there so in the event of an accident first responders know there is a baby in the car and can try and deal with the kid first, apparently.
Seriously??? You're having a laugh? Surely...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:54 am

Cyclists. Two types I hate:

1) The winkers who don't think the road signs/rules are for them.

2) Bunches of lycra-clad cyclists riding 2-3 abreast on busy, single carriageways as if they're somehow a superior breed of human.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Hero wrote:Got my 50th unique pokemon this afternoon, Seel popped up in my office.

40 year old man.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:42 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Cyclists. Two types I hate:

2) Bunches of lycra-clad cyclists riding 2-3 abreast on busy, single carriageways as if they're somehow a superior breed of human.

I hate the pricks who move at full tilt along pedestrian areas, there are loads of them around the Cutty Sark in the morning, hurtling towards the pedestrian foot tunnel, each having their own little Tour de France playing in their thick f*cking heads.

If only I knew a few Jedi mind tricks I'd be ankle deep in scraped flesh and lycra.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:40 pm

The NEW cyclist generation - as bad as the Golfing sect - pretentious asswholes. Wink

Confession: I just got a bike yesterday and after many years off the road will be back in the saddle again soon.
Hopefully, I meet a nice investor whilst out so that we can conduct a business meeting en-route up a category 2 climb in busy traffic.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:49 pm

I cycle to work. On thing that grinds my gears are the mothers pushing their buggies along the cycle path, sometimes two abreast.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Hero wrote:Got my 50th unique pokemon this afternoon, Seel popped up in my office.

40 year old man.

Adam wrote a thread about appletinis and openly admits Moulin Rouge is one of his favourite things. I can only assume it is some sort of founder thing we don't understand.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:34 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Rowley wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

No.

Not a bad reason to have one for that unfortunate instance.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:34 pm

clap clap

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:35 pm

As a cyclist, I can only say clap clap clap clap thumbsup Yahoo

Add in adult cyclists riding (normally too fast) on pavements and through pedestrianised areas.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:12 am

westisbest wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Rowley wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

No.

Not a bad reason to have one for that unfortunate instance.
Somehow, I think first responders to an accident would likely check the entire vehicle for the injured. The presumptive presence of a baby/child car seat might help them a bit too....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:11 am

News stories that latch onto the latest fad to try and make it more relevant (or blame something else).
I saw someat on BBC yesterday about 'Boy found with child molester was playing pokemon Go (in the main headline)'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:22 am

To bring up Pokemon Go again, anyone over the age of, say, 16 should be quietly put down if they're caught playing it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:37 am

SecretFly wrote:People who insist of using their smartphones to film footage in Portrait mode rather than Landscape!

How many movies do they watch in a year?  All of them in Landscape!  If they want to send their wonderful footage to News Channels then at least conform to most appropriate mode that will look best on TV.  

I won't say this again!  You've been warned.

Smartphone footage of an incident (minor or otherwise) that's of terrible quality. All I see on TV are ads for mobile phones offering HD quality video captures in 1080p etc yet whenever there's a news bulletin featuring footage from a bystander, it looks like the lens has been smeared in axle grease beforehand.

What the f*ck am I supposed to be watching? I just bought a bridge camera and managed to take a very good picture of the Moon...whilst drunk! Are you telling me you can't film a fight in broad daylight from 30 yards away, you 'tard?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:32 am

I'm a cyclist, but what really f**ks me off is driving along a road next to a designated cycle path (which would cost 000's of taxpayers money to put in) and you have someone cycling on the road.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 am

People (mainly women) who say/type "totes amazeballs".

They need their tongues/fingers removed permanently.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:51 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:People (mainly women) who say/type "totes amazeballs".

They need their tongues/fingers removed permanently.
I don't know anyone who says that and I thank my lucky stars every day...sadly it's countered by the fact I'm surrounded be people who continue to end a sentence with "innit"

Anyway, I'm off for my lunch, innit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:02 am

Food Companies that display the nutritional value of theirproduct but fail to use the three colour "traffic light" system meaning I have to try and guess how much I have to eat before it becomes bad for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:42 am

People who p*ss on toilet seats.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:56 am

People who dress up as toilet seats,

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next