The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

+22
Standulstermen
clivemcl
marty2086
JmD
LeinsterFan4life
Cyril
FecklessRogue
wayne
Chunky Norwich
Pot Hale
Notch
asoreleftshoulder
ME-109
VinceWLB
Jenifer McLadyboy
George Carlin
GunsGerms
the-goon
neilthom7
Pete330v2
SecretFly
Don Alfonso
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU, 44th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Leo Colgan, Olly Hodges (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eddie Walsh (IRFU )
TMO: Seamus Flannery (IRFU )




Ulster team & replacements to play Leinster, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April (19:35 kick off):
(15-9): L Ludik; T Bowe, J Payne, D Cave, C Gilroy; P Jackson, R Pienaar; (1-8): C Black, R Best (C), W Herbst, D Tuohy, F Van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, R Wilson;
Replacements (16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, B Ross, R Diack, C Ross, P Marshall, I Humphreys, S McCloskey.




LEINSTER:
15.Rob Kearney
14. Zane Kirchner
13. Ben Te'o
12. Gordon D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Isaac Boss
1. Cian Healy
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Sean O'Brien
7. Dominic Ryan
8. Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack McGrath
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Ben Marshall
20. Jordi Murphy
21. Eoin Reddan
22. Ian Madigan
23. Darragh Fanning

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm

Toulon game Mark2 - only win it this time. Whistle

OR....

If Leinster lose badly (mostly in a first half or second half of total non-playability) then something Very fishy is happening to the LadyBoys.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:43 pm

Oooooooooo that buzz of excitement is building.
An interpro with two of the strongest squads either side could muster......no I didn't say Munster Sin.
I am pregnant with excitement and expectation for this. We've lifted our game only very few times this season and this would be a very good time to do just that. The front row battle alone will enthrall let alone what else we have to savour.

McCloskey coming on shortly after half time with Cave to 13 and Payne to 15 will add a real fizz if it were ever needed. I only hope it lives up to expectations and may the best and most rested side win Wink

Pete330v2

Posts : 4190
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by neilthom7 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:52 pm

I can't wait to be there for this match tomorrow it's going to be awesome oh no wait I'm working in London, oh well I'm sure I will find some time to watch it somewhere. Will be a cracker anyone thats going enjoy it

neilthom7

Posts : 2965
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by the-goon Thu 23 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm

neilthom7 wrote:I can't wait to be there for this match tomorrow it's going to be awesome oh no wait I'm working in London, oh well I'm sure I will find some time to watch it somewhere. Will be a cracker anyone thats going enjoy it

This place will have the game on their big screen, you shouldn't have any issues watching the game in London.

http://www.philomenas.co.uk/


the-goon

Posts : 801
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 1:18 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:Referee: John Lacey (IRFU, 44th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Leo Colgan, Olly Hodges (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eddie Walsh (IRFU )
TMO: Seamus Flannery (IRFU )




Ulster team & replacements to play Leinster, Guinness PRO12, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April (19:35 kick off):
(15-9): L Ludik; T Bowe, J Payne, D Cave, C Gilroy; P Jackson, R Pienaar; (1-8): C Black, R Best (C), W Herbst, D Tuohy, F Van der Merwe, I Henderson, C Henry, R Wilson;
Replacements (16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, B Ross, R Diack, C Ross, P Marshall, I Humphreys, S McCloskey.




LEINSTER:
15.Rob Kearney
14. Zane Kirchner
13. Ben Te'o
12. Gordon D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Isaac Boss
1. Cian Healy
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Sean O'Brien
7. Dominic Ryan
8. Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack McGrath
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Ben Marshall
20. Jordi Murphy
21. Eoin Reddan
22. Ian Madigan
23. Darragh Fanning

I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

I even remember as far back as the late 90s one of the earlier games I went to the out half Richard Governy from Carlow was the out half around 1998/9.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Thu 23 Apr 2015, 1:29 pm

I think it's recognised as just a banterish slogan these days, Gun? Wink

Even I have fun with the D4 heritage whenever it's appropriate.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 1:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:I think it's recognised as just a banterish slogan these days, Gun? Wink

Even I have fun with the D4 heritage whenever it's appropriate.

You are a bogger like me though. I cringe when I hear Leinster referred to D4 though as it is usually down to ignorance.

Was just thinking the first Leinster game I went to was Leinster v NZ in 1989. I wonder did anyone else go to that. I think Warren Gatland played but I cant find a team sheet anywhere.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by George Carlin Thu 23 Apr 2015, 1:42 pm

Ah you paddies with your incomprehensible provincial rivalries.  Hug

Clearly the game of the weekend.

Would anyone like to predict a score? Seriously, now.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15412
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

George Carlin wrote:Ah you paddies with your incomprehensible provincial rivalries.  Hug

Clearly the game of the weekend.

Would anyone like to predict a score? Seriously, now.

Jaysus George don't be asking for predictions....ah go on then, home advantage and the fresher players to tell the difference, Ulster 28 Leinster 17.

Hey we all have to dream!!!!!

Pete330v2

Posts : 4190
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

I even remember as far back as the late 90s one of the earlier games I went to the out half Richard Governy from Carlow was the out half around 1998/9.

Nope. Used with panache and aplomb by Ulster sophisticates such as myself even today.

And what you're overlooking is that by using "D4", I am actually cleverly implicating not just the team, but the Biased Dublin Meedja in Ulster's struggle.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:33 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

I even remember as far back as the late 90s one of the earlier games I went to the out half Richard Governy from Carlow was the out half around 1998/9.

Nope. Used with panache and aplomb by Ulster sophisticates such as myself even today.

And what you're overlooking is that by using "D4", I am actually cleverly implicating not just the team, but the Biased Dublin Meedja in Ulster's struggle.

Half the meedja, presuming you mean rugby journalists are from Munster. In fact which journalists or even newspapers are in D4? Only RTE but the majority of RTE panelists are from Munster are they not?

Donal Lenihan
Ronan O'Gara
Daire O'Brien
George Hook
Frankie Sheehan
Alan Quinlan


The only connection the team has to D4 is they play their games there. I don't think there is one player from D4 on the team and I cant think who the last one was?

Hence I think it is a bizzare thing to latch onto and tends to be Munster tossers with a chip on their shoulder who refer to Leinster as a D4 team.

Even in the Leinster schools cup this year there was only one Dublin based team in the semi finals.

The truth is the team is referred to as D4 for the only reason that is is often used as a pejorative adjective to describe an Irish upper-middle class. Leinster rugby in reality doesn't have much to do with Dublin 4 apart from their ground being located there.


Last edited by GunsGerms on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by the-goon Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm

Ulster by 10, no try bonus points

the-goon

Posts : 801
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by neilthom7 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:38 pm

the-goon wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:I can't wait to be there for this match tomorrow it's going to be awesome oh no wait I'm working in London, oh well I'm sure I will find some time to watch it somewhere. Will be a cracker anyone thats going enjoy it

This place will have the game on their big screen, you shouldn't have any issues watching the game in London.

http://www.philomenas.co.uk/


It's more about finding the time with work but if I get it all wrapped up early then that seems like a good place to go to, thanks man

neilthom7

Posts : 2965
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:47 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Don Alfonso wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

I even remember as far back as the late 90s one of the earlier games I went to the out half Richard Governy from Carlow was the out half around 1998/9.

Nope. Used with panache and aplomb by Ulster sophisticates such as myself even today.

And what you're overlooking is that by using "D4", I am actually cleverly implicating not just the team, but the Biased Dublin Meedja in Ulster's struggle.

Half the meedja, presuming you mean rugby journalists are from Munster. In fact which journalists or even newspapers are in D4? Only RTE but the majority of RTE panelists are from Munster are they not?

Donal Lenihan
Ronan O'Gara
Daire O'Brien
George Hook
Frankie Sheehan
Alan Quinlan


The only connection the team has to D4 is they play their games there. I don't think there is one player from D4 on the team and I cant think who the last one was?

Hence I think it is a bizzare thing to latch onto and tends to be Munster tossers with a chip on their shoulder who refer to Leinster as a D4 team.

Even in the Leinster schools cup this year there was only one Dublin based team in the semi finals.

That's five minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 2:59 pm

Just for clarity, I don't think God's residence on Earth is specfiically in Ulster either.

Just in case any of my fellow Ulster fans were getting vexed.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Don Alfonso wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

I even remember as far back as the late 90s one of the earlier games I went to the out half Richard Governy from Carlow was the out half around 1998/9.

Nope. Used with panache and aplomb by Ulster sophisticates such as myself even today.

And what you're overlooking is that by using "D4", I am actually cleverly implicating not just the team, but the Biased Dublin Meedja in Ulster's struggle.

Half the meedja, presuming you mean rugby journalists are from Munster. In fact which journalists or even newspapers are in D4? Only RTE but the majority of RTE panelists are from Munster are they not?

Donal Lenihan
Ronan O'Gara
Daire O'Brien
George Hook
Frankie Sheehan
Alan Quinlan


The only connection the team has to D4 is they play their games there. I don't think there is one player from D4 on the team and I cant think who the last one was?

Hence I think it is a bizzare thing to latch onto and tends to be Munster tossers with a chip on their shoulder who refer to Leinster as a D4 team.

Even in the Leinster schools cup this year there was only one Dublin based team in the semi finals.

That's five minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Time well spent.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:32 pm

You haven't got your tin foil hat pushed on tighly enough, Guns. It's not the reporters. or "pundits".

Who owns the media?

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:35 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:You haven't got your tin foil hat pushed on tighly enough, Guns. It's not the reporters. or "pundits".

Who owns the media?

I dont know who, Wayne Barnes?

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:41 pm

The puppetmasters, Guns. The shadowy powers-that-be. They control the Meedja. And John Lacey for that matter.

And they are D4 through-and-through.

That's enough. I've said too much already.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:46 pm

I blame Ryle.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm

We will be marching BY OUR TRADITIONAL ROUTE to Bangor Co Down. Wherein we will join with THE WORSHIPFUL BROTHERHOOD of Ulster fans and journey onwards to the West Terrace of RAVENHILL (no Fenian Kingspan free state nonsense for us)

Hopefully they will bring their GOD with them...... Because the poor feckers will need him.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

We may join them in imbibing THE DEVILS BUTTERMILK before, during and afterwards, for the purpose of loosening OUR WORSHIPFUL LUNGS to shout the Glory of Leinster. (or perhaps Ulster in some cases)

Are you all reading this in the right accent?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm

Arnold Schwartznegger's?

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 3:57 pm

Christopher Walken's?

"Stand! UP! for the Uls-TER-men!"

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 23 Apr 2015, 4:19 pm

Either is good. Not the one I was thinking of but hey. We could try it in all of those and a few more by midnight tomorrow.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by VinceWLB Thu 23 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm

Thankfully Leinster didn't win against Toulon, i dread to think what team they would have sent to Ravenhill if that was the case.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Thankfully Leinster didn't win against Toulon, i dread to think what team they would have sent to Ravenhill if that was the case.

I was more annoyed that Toulon won than the fact Leinster lost. God I hate Toulon.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by ME-109 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:00 pm

George Carlin wrote:Ah you paddies with your incomprehensible provincial rivalries.  Hug

Clearly the game of the weekend.

Would anyone like to predict a score? Seriously, now.

Five pints of heino and a couple of pints of probs to the D4 brigade
Zero pints to the free Presbyterians but a couple of conversions maybe. Possibility of a sneaky wee dram or ten down the back pew.

A barrel of smithwicks will be found for mucksavages like guns.

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:12 pm

Some TK red lemonade and a ham sandwich for a bogger like Dod.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by ME-109 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Some TK red lemonade and a ham sandwich for a bogger like Dod.

FFs get it right...its tanora not red lemonade....and a hang sangich...

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Either is good. Not the one I was thinking of but hey. We could try it in all of those and a few more by midnight tomorrow.

Darth Vader is always a good one,Stephen Hawking is another.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3945
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Notch Thu 23 Apr 2015, 5:54 pm

Four years in a row. Four years in a row the last game of our season has been against Leinster, in a knockout game, and they've ended our season!

Would it be too much to ask of the rugby gods for us to be able to effectively return the favour tomorrow night? Always been a friendly, brotherly rivalry between the two provinces. But the painful defeats suffered in various semi-finals and finals really give this an edge for me. I desperately want Ulster to win this one.

Can't wait, it's a massive game. Leinster have rotated as much as they dare but they know this is basically another knockout game, a potentially season ending one. It would have been better for us if they had won, but for setting this game up as a big occasion with ugh stakes, it's perfect. Against Connacht, we were just hinting that we're coming to the boil at just the right time. We have as strong a team out as we've been able to field all season- no major weaknesses.

Should be a classic. Enjoy.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Pot Hale Thu 23 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

Why do they have large signs hanging in RDS saying "D4tress" then?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7675
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 23 Apr 2015, 7:10 pm

Leinster's our wife now, Dave.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2695
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 46
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Pot Hale Thu 23 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm

This weekend an ancient battle between two tribes that first started warring over two thousand years ago resumes.

The high kings of Ireland ruled their five provinces – Ulster, Leinster, Meath, Connacht and Munster. They battled for supremacy, each seeking to dominate the other. Some of the most bitter clashes were between Leinster and Ulster. Leinster regularly triumphed to be Highest King of Ireland.

This Friday, the two tribes of Leinster and Ulster meet again, one seeking to be the Kings of the European Pro12 league and the other on just simply a wing and prayer. Bragging rights abound.

A Leinster victory would drive home the stake in beating Ulster at season-end or cup-end again. Victory for the Red Hand of Ulster, on the other hand, would galvanise the team to perhaps reaching the final and winning it for the first time since play-offs entered the picture.

Former GAA footballers, hardened Antrim famers, and Belfast city boys have been blended with South African and New Zealand quality imports to create a team that seeks to become top dog in Ireland and across the European Pro12 league. Leinster on the other hand have a few players who play in the Ireland team, one of them is from Carlow apparently.

The writings of old tell us that Ulster in the north is the seat of battle valour, of haughtiness, strife, boasting; the men of Ulster are the fiercest warriors of all Ireland, and the queens and goddesses of Ulster are associated with battle and death.

Leinster, the history books say, is the eastern kingdom, and the seat of prosperity, hospitality, the importing of rich foreign wares like silk or wine; the men of Leinster are noble in speech and their women are exceptionally beautiful. That was then. The Ladyboys of old now have a carapace of steel, hearts of murder and minds bent on mischief and skillful mayhem. (Well they used to anyway.)

Let battle commence to see the next chapter in who will be the next High Kings of Ireland and possibly of the European Pro12 league.

As the old song goes, “When Two Tribes go to War, a point is all that you can score.”

Maybe that’ll just be the difference.

Don’t miss it.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7675
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 24 Apr 2015, 1:18 am

I reckon that's what secretfly's posts sound like in his head before (and perhaps after) he presses submit.

Well done for getting it to sound good to the rest of us.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Fri 24 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

Shocked Shocked

A new latent unseen enemy emerges from the skirts of ignoredom  Laugh

But of course I said what I wanted to say on this here topic in 3 lines:

Toulon game Mark2 - only win it this time.

OR....

If Leinster lose badly (mostly in a first half or second half of total non-playability) then something Very fishy is happening to the LadyBoys.


Don't blame me that yis all need Ladybird Book language used to comprehend all that intricacy, and yes, "Jane - did - say - Hello - to - Peter."


Last edited by SecretFly on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:16 am

Actually looking forward to this one. Will be wearing Blue.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by wayne Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:24 am

Never mind this Inter Province rivalry, lets get to the nitty gritty and decide which is the BEST result for Ospreys, if, and it is still a big if we win tomorrow what is the best result for us an Ulster win and we are guaranteed a play off spot, Leinster win and we leapfrog Ulster in the League or perhaps a draw when both could hopefully happen:D
Hopefully no bonus points are involved.

wayne

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by ME-109 Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

Come on Leinster (that made me feel ill)

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Actually looking forward to this one. Will be wearing Blue.

Welcome Chunky! Smile

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

DOD too!!!!!!!!!!!!????

Our season of doom truly IS changing. Good omens here. Cool

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by ME-109 Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

Hey.. I'm just being practical...required scenario = Leinster hammer Ulster (not going to happen but would be nice) and still not make the playoffs.

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:22 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Actually looking forward to this one. Will be wearing Blue.


Smurf fetish.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:23 am

Ah no, .... I feel the love growing DOD Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by SecretFly Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:26 am

Munchkin wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Actually looking forward to this one. Will be wearing Blue.


Smurf fetish.

Mystique fetish meself....

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by ME-109 Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:28 am

Thankfully BBC NI have the game as well. Like listening to Jim Neilly trying his best to be impartial and then all the dour heads at half time...

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:32 am

Mystique over that Delilah Smurfette anyday.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by GunsGerms Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:58 am

Pot Hale wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

I honestly thought it was only thick Munster supporters who still referred to Leinster as D4. When was the last time the team was made up of D4 players? Half the team isn't even from Dublin any more.

Why do they have large signs hanging in RDS saying "D4tress" then?

because it is in D4 obvs. That doesnt make it a D4 team. Are Ireland a D4 team because all their games are played in D4 too?

GunsGerms

Posts : 12542
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 42
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35 Empty Re: God's Country Vs D4, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 24th April 19:35

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum