The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Send us the link and I'll pick some up on payday. Need to do a lost of lone shifts and a few books would break the monotony nicely.

It's not a physical bookshop - you won't be able to bomb it.

I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:54 pm

Listened to TMS the other night and they had Simon Jones on at tea. Incredible that he only played 17 tests which was a real shame. Quick and skillful. He did say that he would NOT swap that 2005 series for 70+ tests which I though is refreshing.


Last edited by seanmichaels on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:54 pm

Rowley wrote:The thing I really loved about Hoggard was there was no element of tortured genius or enigma about him, he just turned up and got on with it. Remember watching him being interviewed when he had took a few against the Aussies. The interviewer asked him how he had took the wickets, think his response was I just run up, chuck it down and hope for the best.

Crickets Randall tex cobb. All I do is punch people in the mouth. Without the excellent mild racism and twinkle in his eye.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:57 pm

Simon Jones was he one of the ones who went through the weight training plan to match the Aussies Program. That ruined alot of fast bowlers. And rowley if you look on the Jimmy a article second page you'll find a link to a akram and holding interview that you might enjoy.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:58 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Send us the link and I'll pick some up on payday. Need to do a lost of lone shifts and a few books would break the monotony nicely.

It's not a physical bookshop - you won't be able to bomb it.

I know my friends but we  also do a nice line in hacking small children to death to show off our sophistication

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm

Shah wrote:I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

Excellent thread split Shah....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12053
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:02 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Simon Jones was he one of the ones who went through the weight training plan to match the Aussies Program.

Never heard that. He was always going to struggle for a long tern career as a fast bowler after the injury in Brisbane in 2002 or 2003 whenever it was.

Saw him at the NAtural History museum. Massive bloke. Very handsome as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:02 pm

Not really sure it matters which wickets you take. As England found out last week, top six wickets are great, but the tail still needs to be cleaned up. Met Hoggard a while back though, was still extremely young. Seemed nice enough, even though I couldn't understand what he was saying. Had Jimmy A walk past me in the Wanderers. Think his girlfriend was seated a row above me, or at least a "female friend". He stank of douchebag

Don't think 50 is the benchmark for a good player either. Averaging 50 is still incredibly difficult. Ignoring Ballance (too few Tests, and mostly against rather hapless opposition), England only have one player averaging >50. Aus only have two, and the one only got there following a super summer. India also only have one I think.

We've got three.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16161
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Simon Jones was he one of the ones who went through the weight training plan to match the Aussies Program.

Never heard that. He was always going to struggle for a long tern career as a fast bowler after the injury in Brisbane in 2002 or 2003 whenever it was.

Saw him at the NAtural History museum. Massive bloke. Very handsome as well.

Only someone comfortable in their own heterosexuality would describe a man as 'very handsome'. You've finally proved your point sean.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 19846
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Simon Jones was he one of the ones who went through the weight training plan to match the Aussies Program.

Never heard that. He was always going to struggle for a long tern career as a fast bowler after the injury in Brisbane in 2002 or 2003 whenever it was.

Saw him at the NAtural History museum. Massive bloke. Very handsome as well.

Only someone comfortable in their own heterosexuality would describe a man as 'very handsome'. You've finally proved your point sean.

Thought that would sit well with a fellow heterosexual.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Simon Jones was he one of the ones who went through the weight training plan to match the Aussies Program.

Never heard that. He was always going to struggle for a long tern career as a fast bowler after the injury in Brisbane in 2002 or 2003 whenever it was.

Saw him at the NAtural History museum. Massive bloke. Very handsome as well.

Only someone comfortable in their own heterosexuality would describe a man as 'very handsome'. You've finally proved your point sean.

Yeah but he's more likely to say it if he's gay.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

Excellent thread split Shah....

Jules will be furious he has missed one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

Bummers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 18512
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

kingraf wrote:Not really sure it matters which wickets you take. As England found out last week, top six wickets are great, but the tail still needs to be cleaned up. Met Hoggard a while back though, was still extremely young. Seemed nice enough, even though I couldn't understand what he was saying. Had Jimmy A walk past me in the Wanderers. Think his girlfriend was seated a row above me, or at least a "female friend". He stank of douchebag

Don't think 50 is the benchmark for a good player either. Averaging 50 is still incredibly difficult. Ignoring Ballance (too few Tests, and mostly against rather hapless opposition), England only have one player averaging >50. Aus only have two, and the one only got there following a super summer. India also only have one I think.

We've got three.

Anderson a humble family man. Not like your typical coke snorting saffa sportsmen......

Re averages, they certainly have risen. When the likes if gower gooch atherton retired 40 was the benchmark for a good/great test player. 50 is that marker for sure now. Lots of averageness in the mid forties (mostly made up by tests in Bangladesh).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Bummers.

Bummee

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

Excellent thread split Shah....

Jules will be furious he has missed one.

Not at all. I had my turn last time around. I like to Shah it around.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 19846
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

Excellent thread split Shah....

Jules will be furious he has missed one.

Not at all. I had my turn last time around. I like to Shah it around.

Are you rowley going to start this again

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm

Pity we don't have humble family men like Wayne Rooney, and Paul McGrath, or Mike Tindall to show us the light.

Think we had a thread on this in the cricket section. Averages, contrary to popular belief, have only gone up by about a run, might have been two. No more. Just more great batsmen playing the game. Hasn't stopped Steyn from averaging 22, or Philander from averaging 22. All about quality. Transcends conditions.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16161
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:24 pm

RafCox wrote:douchebag

That's the final straw.  Anyone over the age of 12 that uses that deserves to be visited by SerialDAVE after Galted has curled one out in his slippers.

Your application for full membership is rejected.  Forever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 18512
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:25 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

Excellent thread split Shah....

Jules will be furious he has missed one.

Not at all. I had my turn last time around. I like to Shah it around.

Are you rowley going to start this again

We Shah 'nuff are.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 19846
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
RafCox wrote:douchebag

That's the final straw.  Anyone over the age of 12 that uses that deserves to be visited by SerialDAVE after Galted has curled one out in his slippers.

Your application for full membership is rejected.  Forever.

Hear Hear

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:25 pm

kingraf wrote:Pity we don't have humble family men like Wayne Rooney, and Paul McGrath, or Mike Tindall to show us the light.

Think we had a thread on this in the cricket section. Averages, contrary to popular belief, have only gone up by about a run, might have been two. No more. Just more great batsmen playing the game. Hasn't stopped Steyn from averaging 22, or Philander from averaging 22. All about quality. Transcends conditions.


Don't ever be rude about Paul McGrath in my presence Raf. Dave will be on a plane to SA before the end of the day if such behaviour persists.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:26 pm

kingraf wrote: Averages, contrary to popular belief, have only gone up by about a run, might have been two. No more. Just more great batsmen playing the game.


So uncovered pitches and bats make no difference.

Steyn wouldn't get in the 80's Windies team

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:26 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
RafCox wrote:douchebag

That's the final straw.  Anyone over the age of 12 that uses that deserves to be visited by SerialDAVE after Galted has curled one out in his slippers.

Your application for full membership is rejected.  Forever.

Hear Hear

And Hear Hear here as well

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:27 pm


Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

Excellent thread split Shah....

Jules will be furious he has missed one.

Not at all. I had my turn last time around. I like to Shah it around.

Are you rowley going to start this again

We Shah 'nuff are.
Galted it's amusing and somewhat challenging but we'll end up being one rick ponies if we keep coming back to this.

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:33 pm

Gotta wonder what's going on in the fat lad's head at the minute....anyway answer has to be yes, I wouldn't kill a porn star and bury them on the moors next to the others

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:36 pm

DAVE wrote:I wouldn't kill a porn star and bury them on the moors next to the others

Yes you would...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12053
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:36 pm

Rowley wrote:The thing I really loved about Hoggard was there was no element of tortured genius or enigma about him, he just turned up and got on with it. Remember watching him being interviewed when he had took a few against the Aussies. The interviewer asked him how he had took the wickets, think his response was I just run up, chuck it down and hope for the best.

That's a great way of looking at it but I'm sure he had a good plan and stuck to it. Great bowling is all about confidence and perseverance and also having all the right skills and those subtle variations of course.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51026
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Antipodes

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:I wouldn't kill a porn star and bury them on the moors next to the others

Yes you would...
ok, I might do

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:42 pm

Don't get me wrong LD, good test bowling is no accident and Hoggard would have worked hard on his game over a good number of years, but I liked the lack of prima donna about him, even more so as he was in the side with Harmison who was either absolutely devastating or complete dross. You knew what you were getting with Hoggard, a lot of overs over the day, decent economy and his share of wickets.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
kingraf wrote: Averages, contrary to popular belief, have only gone up by about a run, might have been two. No more. Just more great batsmen playing the game.


So uncovered pitches and bats make no difference.

Steyn wouldn't get in the 80's Windies team

It was great seeing him broken into pieces during the World Cup. As usual, all the big talk meant absolutely nothing.
raf, your 50+s are so fragile. Our guys sure as hell have their measure on most occasions. How's Smith's rehab going?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51026
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Antipodes

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:49 pm

Is there any possibility that this bollox could be confined to the cricketing boards which I believe was specifically created for such conversations? The Culture Cup section is for taking the p!ss out of Sean's efforts to appear heterosexual, Galted's clothing and appealing to Shah for clemency if/when IS take over.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:54 pm

I don't know who started it, Dave but history will show us who finished it.

There's a bit too much dross on the cricket boards at the minute. Only GerrySA seems to be talking any sense. He sure has ruffled a few scales on the minnows.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51026
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Antipodes

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:54 pm

DAVE wrote:Is there any possibility that this bollox could be confined to the cricketing boards which I believe was specifically created for such conversations? The Culture Cup section is for taking the p!ss out of Sean's efforts to appear heterosexual, Galted's clothing and appealing to Shah for clemency if/when IS take over.

Agreed...

FFS Tino, get a grip of this place will you.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12053
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Feeling souper

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Rowley wrote:The thing I really loved about Hoggard was there was no element of tortured genius or enigma about him, he just turned up and got on with it. Remember watching him being interviewed when he had took a few against the Aussies. The interviewer asked him how he had took the wickets, think his response was I just run up, chuck it down and hope for the best.

That's a great way of looking at it but I'm sure he had a good plan and stuck to it. Great bowling is all about confidence and perseverance and also having all the right skills and those subtle variations of course.

Possibly being a bit too humble. Hayden tore him apart in 2002/3 and I think they all went away and made a plan for each batsmen.

Fascinating listening to Vaughan on that series.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:57 pm

Damien Martyn is my favourite cricketer of all time. Another very handsome man.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Damien Martyn is my favourite cricketer of all time. Another very handsome man.
Trying too hard now, Sean

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:04 pm

Massive bender.
Union Cane
Union Cane
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 44
Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm

He really does struggle with hitting that middle ground doesn't he? (Sean re. his heterosexuality, not whichever bowler we are currently discussing)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm

Steyn without doubt gets into the Windies of the 80s. Ridiculous to the nth degree to claim otherwise. Do you eat with the same hands you text such bullsh.it with? Look at his numbers, across all conditions against all teams. Look at his skill set. He matches most of them for pace, stamina, longevity exceeds them on swing, reverse swing and sheer game changingness.

Also do yourself a favour and look at the win % of the Windies team of the 80s. They didn't run through teams as often as the media would like to portray. Got blunted themselves enough times. And inexplicably lost a world cup to India. Fairy tales are great, but they had no business losing that final... Steve Waugh's Aussie side are a better team. Also more soul crushing.

As for the Aussies, to be honest... you only beat us 2-1 in the last series with 30 balls left... And that's because we spent 14 sessions of the deciding Test without our best bowler. By the time the 2016 tour rolls in, we'd have only lost one Test in Aus (a meaningless deadrubber) in a decade. Seems a decent enough return. Would have been nice to beat you at home, but a series draw, loss, loss, loss, win, win in Australia is decent going post isolation. Especially compared to... say... England
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16161
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm

Ha! Steyn is rat sh!t pace compared to those bowlers. You are too young to have an opinion on this.

Saffas got to world number 1 by being able to rest their players sufficiently in 3 games series at home to WI etc whilst England and Aus were slogging it out over 5 match series and touring the ar5e-end of nowhere.

Plus they are just not really very likeable. And they have high pitched voices.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:13 pm

Saffas dream of being in an important series. Overshadowed by England and Aus in cricket, Aus NZ in Rugby. Definite chip on the shoulder candidates.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13330
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:16 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

FFS Tino, get a grip of this place will you.

I've lost control, RiCK.

Completely lost control.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 18512
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm

You are very easy to please, raf.
The truth is 21-10 in Tests post isolation is not so decent a record against us... but slightly better than the overall 50-21.

Also, the Windies were pretty much top of the tree throughout the 80s. The loss to India in that WC was an anomaly.
Forget the media... I was there for a few of the thrashings.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51026
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Antipodes

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:22 pm

Time to get my tools.........

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:23 pm

Lynton Crosby should be hanged. Disgraceful behaviour and demeanour from you TLD, Kingraf, Sean.

I'm very proud of you

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15649
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 35
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm

11111 posts.
I like it Dave.

Don't tell me you are going to do some self-harming with those tools? Haven't you got enough tattoos already?

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51026
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Antipodes

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

I might be to young, but I'm not sure how a five year old Michaels watching a horrid England team get run over... again by the same tactic makes you a more reliable witness? The English once thought Anderson was on the same plane as Steyn... that rendered your opinion on cricket irrelevant until further notice. Given the fact that you all thought sacking your captain a month before the world cup was a great idea, further notice has yet to arrive

We also got to #1 because we beat you in England (twice!). Aus in Aus (twice!), Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka, Drew twice in India, beat Pakistan in Pakistan. Beat New Zealand in New Zealand... I could go on... Or I could remind you that you got whitewashed in UAE, and Aus. While Aus got white washed in India and UAE.

Also, SA-NZ is the marquee match for both countries in rugby. McCaw said so, Graham Henry said so. It's irrefutable. The two best teams in the world. Best players in the world. It's the Clasico of world rugby, but with real men. Comparatively, any home nations derby is really like a u16 local dust up between the C-teams.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16161
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 26
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

ShahenshahG wrote: Lynton Crosby should be hanged. Disgraceful behaviour and demeanour from you TLD, Kingraf, Sean.

I'm very proud of you

Always be suspicious of those people who 'work behind the scenes'. I'd never really heard much about the guy... that's how stealthy he is.
The Greens woman is another surprise. How the hell did she get that gig? She's phucking average. Surely you have much better home grown ones.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51026
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Antipodes

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum