The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+13
superflyweight
Adam D
Galted
Hibbz
Dolphin Ziggler
Union Cane
Pal Joey
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
17 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 27 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Send us the link and I'll pick some up on payday. Need to do a lost of lone shifts and a few books would break the monotony nicely.

It's not a physical bookshop - you won't be able to bomb it.

I know my friends but we also do a nice line in hacking small websites to show off our sophistication

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 9:17 am

Did you see his comment that Floyd needed to fight Kovalev for reasons way beyond my comprehension.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Tue 05 May 2015, 9:19 am

D4 was being relatively magnanimous at the point at which I nipped over - although after 9 rounds he had scored it 5-4 in Floyd's favour.

Shocked

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 May 2015, 9:20 am

Fight turned out exactly as predicted surely, whoever thought that it was going to be Gatti Ward was always on a loser...

As for Kovalev, does that mean if kovalev beats Mayweather then Sergei has to foght Wlad? Idito that lad I tell ya..

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 9:25 am

Morning meat...massively underwhelmed by the "Fight of the Century". Even entered a parallel universe where Mayweather had personally slaughtered my wife and kids in front of me and STILL couldn't see a way to give Manny more than four rounds. Thought Mayweather Snr had more chance of slapping Floyd around as he sat in the corner ignoring him...obnoxious little c*nt!! However, probably won't even rank as "Fight of the Month" once Amir Khan does the business on 29th May.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 9:28 am

I didn't watch it, I was hurtling up the M6 to Stafford at 06:00 in the morning. Fight was probably still going at that point? I could have listened to the radio but I was inspired by Jeff and refuse to let someone else dictate what I have on in my car. I listened to a few CD's (not Keane/Coldplay or any other of the sh*t that you bastards claim I listen to).

My boys team lost in the rugger tournament semi-final to a last minute try. Heartbreak all round. Took him for a KFC on the way home at Corley services to make him feel better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 05 May 2015, 9:30 am

It was my birthday on saturday. Someone drove in to my parked car.

But that wasnt the worst of it. Not one of you wished me happy birthday. I would expect this from Tino but I am seriously disappointed with Jules. I am definitely going to his party I am not invited to now.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 9:33 am

Happy belated birthday Adam. I'm sorry for not saying anything earlier but I had a bit of "cleaning" to do and was unavailable yet also have a cast iron alibi just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 9:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I didn't watch it, I was hurtling up the M6 to Stafford at 06:00 in the morning.  Fight was probably still going at that point?  I could have listened to the radio but I was inspired by Jeff and refuse to let someone else dictate what I have on in my car.  I listened to a few CD's (not Keane/Coldplay or any other of the sh*t that you bastards claim I listen to).

My boys team lost in the rugger tournament semi-final to a last minute try.  Heartbreak all round.  Took him for a KFC on the way home at Corley services to make him feel better.

You did not miss much Tina, went pretty much as you'd expect. The most annoying thing was listening to idiots moaning about it being dull on the Facebook the day after. Have any of you ever seen Mayweather fight before. Whining about the lack of brawling or toe to toe slugging is like moving to Iceland and moaning it is a bit nippy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 05 May 2015, 9:39 am

I listened to the last 4 rounds. Buncie and Mike Costello milking the 'he's broken his heart' line over an over again.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 05 May 2015, 9:44 am

I went to bed at about 11 and got up at 4 to watch it only to find Manny still hadn't put his bastarding gloves on. Pr!ck cost me about 30 minutes extra in my bed and ensured that I had to listen to Carl Froch longer than was strictly necessary. I was Team Floyd all the way after that.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 05 May 2015, 10:08 am

I see Pacquiao donated about $60 million of his purse to charity. This having given away his $26 million purse from Bradley I to typhoon whatsisname victims. No wonder he's finances look like they look
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 05 May 2015, 10:16 am

Isn't Tina's Cup starting today?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 10:20 am

Union Cane wrote:Isn't Tina's Cup starting today?

It's not starting today, but I will put out a thread looking for participants later.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 May 2015, 10:39 am

If I am not around later, i'm in...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 10:40 am

kingraf wrote:I see Pacquiao donated about $60 million of his purse to charity. This having given away his $26 million purse from Bradley I to typhoon whatsisname victims. No wonder he's finances look like they look
Cynics might suggest he donated it out of a sense of shame at doing slightly less than f*ck all during the fight. I'd not be one of those cynics but if I overheard them say this I wouldn't be leaping to Manny's defence.

Still, all that aside, nice of him to do something good with his money instead of buying solid gold butt plugs for his army of fluffers or whatever it is Mayweather spends his ill*-gotten gains on.

*Watching the fight made me ill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 10:41 am

rick_dagless wrote:If I am not around later, i'm in...
I've still no idea how this sh*t works but I'll have a stab (hahahahahaaaaaa)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 May 2015, 10:50 am

That's the spirit DAVE (not the stabbing bit though)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 05 May 2015, 10:52 am

DAVE667 wrote:

You are given a subject (such as "songs featured in a Tarrantino film)). you then submit via PM your nomination. Its then put to a anonymous poll and points are awarded to top in the polls.

This is how it should run but annoyingly, people pick what they think will win and not what they actually like the best. Joy Division is usually a 10 pointer.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 10:53 am

I am going to pick completely obscure stuff, just to irritate Tina. I said I wouldn't but unfortunately I suspect I can't resist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 05 May 2015, 10:54 am

I always pick what I like the best, which is usually Force & Styles.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 May 2015, 11:05 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I listened to a few CD's (not Keane/Coldplay or any other of the sh*t that you bastards claim I listen to).

But still not anything you'd care to admit to.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:17 am

Joy Division will be banned from all categories.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 May 2015, 11:20 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Joy Division will be banned from all categories.

What kind of Atmosphere will that create?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I love a party with a happy atmosphere.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 11:23 am

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You are given a subject (such as "songs featured in a Tarrantino film)). you then submit via PM your nomination. Its then put to a anonymous poll and points are awarded to top in the polls.

This is how it should run but annoyingly, people pick what they think will win and not what they actually like the best. Joy Division is usually a 10 pointer.
So is it like Pointless (least popular) or Family Fortunes (most popular) or are we just secretly telling Tina stuff we know/like?

All seems rather chaotic and badly organized. Nothing but trouble will come of this

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:24 am

DAVE667 wrote:

All seems rather chaotic and badly organized. Nothing but trouble will come of this

Give me a f*cking chance, it hasn't even started yet.

The Culture Cup was beautifully organized. F*cking long, but wonderfully put together.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 05 May 2015, 11:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

The Culture Cup was beautifully organized.  F*cking long, but wonderfully put together.

So is my hampton.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 May 2015, 11:26 am

DAVE667 wrote:

The Culture Cup was beautifully organized.  F*cking long, but wonderfully put together.

You have Twenty-Four Hours.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 11:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Anything that cuts down in the disorder of the last time is welcome

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:32 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I not going to rise to it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 05 May 2015, 11:32 am

DAVE667 wrote:

She's Lost Control already.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:33 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I just got the 'Disorder' gag.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 05 May 2015, 11:33 am

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:34 am

Song puns are almost as dull as cricket puns.

Carry on like this and the 2015 Music Cup won't be starting this week.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 11:35 am

Adam D wrote:

That's actually quite amusing.

Although I was going to do a 'Songs from Moulin Rouge' round but you can stick that up your arse now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 May 2015, 11:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Song puns are almost as dull as cricket puns.

Carry on like this and the 2015 Music Cup won't be starting this week.

We could be waiting for Decades. Let us know when the start date is Closer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 11:44 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I just got the 'Disorder' gag.

Should have put it in capitals, but I was on my phone whilst I was on the loo, so could not quite be bothered.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 05 May 2015, 11:46 am

I'm not sure I will participate. I'm still smarting from the utterly underwhelming response to my suggestion that Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg had the greatest impact on culture.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 11:48 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm not sure I will participate.  I'm still smarting from the utterly underwhelming response to my suggestion that Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg had the greatest impact on culture.  

Running scared from the ass wooping I gave you last time round you mean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 05 May 2015, 11:52 am

I'm sure I lost based on that answer and I largely blame Tina because he was so enthusiastic about it over the PM.

Hey 'fly, you're great and that's a brilliant answer and everyone will vote for it. You're great.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 11:53 am

You beat me to City of God on the best film over the last few years, I was gutted about that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 12:12 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm not sure I will participate.  I'm still smarting from the utterly underwhelming response to my suggestion that Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg had the greatest impact on culture.  

Running scared from the ass wooping I gave you last time round you mean.
Or than Thomas Edison might have him beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 12:39 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm sure I lost based on that answer and I largely blame Tina because he was so enthusiastic about it over the PM.  

Hey 'fly, you're great and that's a brilliant answer and everyone will vote for it.  You're great.  

Although the PM is quite clearly a lie, I did actually vote for it in the actual round. Only interesting thing you've ever posted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 05 May 2015, 12:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  Only interesting thing you've ever posted.

I think someone is forgetting the teenage fanclub anecdote.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 12:47 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  Only interesting thing you've ever posted.

I think someone is forgetting the teenage fanclub anecdote.

How can we forget it, he posts it once a week.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 May 2015, 1:01 pm

Logie Baird should have won that....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 1:10 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Logie Baird should have won that....
Quite possible but certainly not in a positive way

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 05 May 2015, 1:15 pm

Agreed, didn't have to be a good cultural impact, just a big one...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 05 May 2015, 1:15 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Logie Baird should have won that....

Without Gutenburg the world would be full of people with TV's but no idea of how to work them because there was no printed instruction booklets provided.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 05 May 2015, 1:16 pm

For the sake of f*ck, shall I just re-run the final round and see if the results change?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next