The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 03 May 2015, 5:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

1. All the posters who hate Mayweather had the fight close or thought Manny won.....

2. If you couldn't give Manny the victory and you're a fan then it was a stinker......

3. Mayweather has just outboxed the 3rd best fighter on the planet........

4. The Filipino needs to get back onto the shakes.......

5. Shoulder injury shows him to be the classless guy I always thought he was deep down....

6. Mayweather isn't going to get credit off certain individuals no matter what he does........

7. If 606v2 radio had Manny 116-112......I'll never moan about Watt and Halling again...

8. It didn't live up to the hype.............Very few fights ever do..

9. Roach isn't the genius he thinks he is !!

10. If Floyd isn't Top 10 in most lists he must be very close !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39253
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down


Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 11:31 pm

Floyd didn't care how bad he looked in that fight cuz he knew the fix was in.

Good old uncle Dave Moretti, so reliable.

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

Is there any fight you don't think was a fix?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:32 pm

The only fix was Manny trying to claim injury afterwards and then a few months later claming he'd won.

and with hindsight, i'd make it 11 conclusions with

11. Manny fans will never accept him being beat

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 4:03 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The only fix was Manny trying to claim injury afterwards and then a few months later claming he'd won.

and with hindsight, i'd make it 11 conclusions with

11. Manny fans will never accept him being beat

He lost to Marquez fair and square in their 3rd fight. Don't know how Manny got the decision.
His face as the decision was read out said it all. I watched it with a few Manny fans, all thought he lost.

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 4:06 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Is there any fight you don't think was a fix?

What's the matter? Can't you ever call a fight straight down the line, even when your
idol is involved?

Bet you thought Bernard 'Special' Hopkins beat Calzaghe and J Taylor twice.

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 4:09 pm

The fix was definitely in on that fight then. Shows Manny's got form for it ;-)

Class fight with Mayweather though (I know people didn't but I really enjoyed it) and thought Manny just didn't have a clue on how to deal with the defensive nuonces that Floyd had. Should have been a bit more graceful in defeat and he may have got the rematch he wanted, why he thought Floyd would grant him the rematch after acting like a brat is beyond me (lets be honest, Floyds as much a brat most of the time :-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Is there any fight you don't think was a fix?

Bet you think Broner really did beat Granados too right?

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by BoxingFan88 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 5:44 pm

Your point 1 is wrong truss

I'm a Floyd fan not a fan boy

I thought the fight was damn close

Only fan boys think otherwise

I wish people would stop pretending what happened

Defence nuances?

Oh man wtf are you talking about

Manny didn't have as much trouble hitting him as you are saying

Manny made Floyd miss a lot

Most of the time he tried the left hook he missed

Floyds most effective punch was a jab

Make up your own reality though

It was a great fight between two of the best fighters of our generation

It's been micro analysed more than any other fight

You can give your opinion of what you think happened till you are blue in the face of you want to

But the analysis doesn't lie

And it's far more accurate than your eyes in real time

These same fan boys think ward beat kovalev

It's just absolute nonsense

You don't win fights being defensive

You win by landing punches

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 7:26 pm

There's me thinking Boxing is the sport of punching, not evading.

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 8:04 pm

5. Shoulder injury shows him to be the classless guy I always thought he was deep down....

Classless guy?

So how do you explain :

Beating up women, several times
Won't even take his own children to school
Vegas hookers....REAL class!!
"I'm a coward, but I'm a rich coward"
Trying to get Iron Mike sent to prison because Mike f*cked his girl back in 02/03

I'm sure there's a whole lot more.

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 8:09 pm

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2015/04/30/floyd-mayweather-mike-tyson-feud-goes-back-to-police-raid/

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 10:14 pm

Those ten points by Truss do make me laugh.

What up Truss? You scared that the good old USI is losing it's stranglehold on Boxing?

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 7:53 am

Boxingfan88, the rounds were close, but Floyd won at least 8 rounds. That slow time sh1t is balls. Manny Fanboys trying to justify what really happened.

Manny did make Floyd miss a lot, just not as much as he missed himself. Wasn't a master class, but Floyd was a clear enough winner.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 8:04 am

Watch his feet, and watch his slips BF, the fight that made me appreciate defensive maneauvres more than any others. (Probably helps that i'd just been learning about it on the course too)

I had Floyd winning it by more than a few as Manny just looked clueless.

And boxing is not just about getting hit, it's a number of things (although as my lil lads more defensive minded i would say that ;-)

Both have shown they're classless Dylan although what Floyd's 'feud' with Tyson has to do with him and Manny is beyond me.


Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

Dylan1979 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Is there any fight you don't think was a fix?

What's the matter? Can't you ever call a fight straight down the line, even when your
idol is involved?

Bet you thought Bernard 'Special' Hopkins beat Calzaghe and J Taylor twice.

So you think the whole thing was a set up?

It seems a growing trend that Black American boxers only win when it's fixed, call me cynical but there's strong racial undertones to all your views.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by EX7EY on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 11:20 am

How can anybody actually believe Manny beat Floyd? Is this still even a discussion. I still remember watching it thinking two things for most of the fight.... 1 was I wish I hadn't set my alarm for this and just watched the repeat in the morning, and number 2 was Floyd is making Manny look average.

I'm not interested in super slow mo analysis, it means nothing because boxing is juged with the naked eye. So end of story right there. And just because there is video of Roger Mayweather telling Floyd they're favouring Manny mid way through the fight means absolutely nothing. It's called motivation.

Some people need to get over it. Over hyped, over due, boring fight. Simple as that.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 12:51 pm

EX7EY wrote:How can anybody actually believe Manny beat Floyd? Is this still even a discussion. I still remember watching it thinking two things for most of the fight.... 1 was I wish I hadn't set my alarm for this and just watched the repeat in the morning, and number 2 was Floyd is making Manny look average.

I'm not interested in super slow mo analysis, it means nothing because boxing is juged with the naked eye. So end of story right there. And just because there is video of Roger Mayweather telling Floyd they're favouring Manny mid way through the fight means absolutely nothing. It's called motivation.

Some people need to get over it. Over hyped, over due, boring fight. Simple as that.

This is what I have a problem with

Its absolute nonsense

I can't stand the fact that people can't give Manny credit for his fantastic performance on that night

His defensive game was spot on, his countering was excellent

Anyone who thinks it was a one sided schooling just makes me laugh, because its not what I saw, its not what most of the world saw

Its what some of the UK and American fans saw because its what the commentators wanted you to see, the rest of the world is laughing hard at you

The analysis just doesn't lie

'Manny looked clueless', one of the funniest fallacies I've heard about that fight

You even contradicted your own statement, boxing is judged with the naked eye, fine, so the result is what the result is

Every single person who says that exact thing, has the same opinion, "Its a one sided schooling"

That just shows me you don't want to see it, not that it didn't happen, you cannot see in real time what lands and what doesn't I will guarantee you that for a fact

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:04 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Is there any fight you don't think was a fix?

What's the matter? Can't you ever call a fight straight down the line, even when your
idol is involved?

Bet you thought Bernard 'Special' Hopkins beat Calzaghe and J Taylor twice.

So you think the whole thing was a set up?

It seems a growing trend that Black American boxers only win when it's fixed, call me cynical but there's strong racial undertones to all your views.

Are you thick or something?

I clearly stated that Manny got a gift against marquez in fight number 3.

Always gotta play the race card huh!!

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:07 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
EX7EY wrote:How can anybody actually believe Manny beat Floyd? Is this still even a discussion. I still remember watching it thinking two things for most of the fight.... 1 was I wish I hadn't set my alarm for this and just watched the repeat in the morning, and number 2 was Floyd is making Manny look average.

I'm not interested in super slow mo analysis, it means nothing because boxing is juged with the naked eye. So end of story right there. And just because there is video of Roger Mayweather telling Floyd they're favouring Manny mid way through the fight means absolutely nothing. It's called motivation.

Some people need to get over it. Over hyped, over due, boring fight. Simple as that.

This is what I have a problem with

Its absolute nonsense

I can't stand the fact that people can't give Manny credit for his fantastic performance on that night

His defensive game was spot on, his countering was excellent

Anyone who thinks it was a one sided schooling just makes me laugh, because its not what I saw, its not what most of the world saw

Its what some of the UK and American fans saw because its what the commentators wanted you to see, the rest of the world is laughing hard at you

The analysis just doesn't lie

'Manny looked clueless', one of the funniest fallacies I've heard about that fight

You even contradicted your own statement, boxing is judged with the naked eye, fine, so the result is what the result is

Every single person who says that exact thing, has the same opinion, "Its a one sided schooling"

That just shows me you don't want to see it, not that it didn't happen, you cannot see in real time what lands and what doesn't I will guarantee you that for a fact

Them slow mo videos are rubbish. They were counting glancing blows from Manny. Floyd won the fight with the jab and the straight right. He swung off the ropes beautifully when required. Only clear rounds for Manny were 4 and 6. He edged a couple, but Floyd won that fight, no shadow of doubt. Ward and Kovalev was much closer.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:15 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
EX7EY wrote:How can anybody actually believe Manny beat Floyd? Is this still even a discussion. I still remember watching it thinking two things for most of the fight.... 1 was I wish I hadn't set my alarm for this and just watched the repeat in the morning, and number 2 was Floyd is making Manny look average.

I'm not interested in super slow mo analysis, it means nothing because boxing is juged with the naked eye. So end of story right there. And just because there is video of Roger Mayweather telling Floyd they're favouring Manny mid way through the fight means absolutely nothing. It's called motivation.

Some people need to get over it. Over hyped, over due, boring fight. Simple as that.

This is what I have a problem with

Its absolute nonsense

I can't stand the fact that people can't give Manny credit for his fantastic performance on that night

His defensive game was spot on, his countering was excellent

Anyone who thinks it was a one sided schooling just makes me laugh, because its not what I saw, its not what most of the world saw

Its what some of the UK and American fans saw because its what the commentators wanted you to see, the rest of the world is laughing hard at you

The analysis just doesn't lie

'Manny looked clueless', one of the funniest fallacies I've heard about that fight

You even contradicted your own statement, boxing is judged with the naked eye, fine, so the result is what the result is

Every single person who says that exact thing, has the same opinion, "Its a one sided schooling"

That just shows me you don't want to see it, not that it didn't happen, you cannot see in real time what lands and what doesn't I will guarantee you that for a fact

The same old attitude will never change. Who cares what the rest of the world think, it's what the US and UK media say that counts and nothing else. Almost as if boxing doesn't even exist outside of the West.

They use slow motion replays in a high majority of sports for a reason, to see what 'actually' happened as opposed to just relying on home town commentary bias from the likes of Paulie and Kellerman.

Iron Mike and Evander both at ringside said Manny won, but what the f**k do they know, GTFOH!!


Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:17 pm

I thought Mike said Floyd won a boring fight? I know Evander picked Manny though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usPWa8bVOQg

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

The fact the Manny fans can't accept their man got beat is what makes me laugh BF and really anyone could say if you didn't notice the defensive technique by Floyd (far and above Manny's) then the only think you know about boxing is punching (or watching super slow mo's).

Oh and Dyl, doesn't matter if every sport bar boxing uses slow mo, the fact is that it's not used in boxing and as alluded to above you can still fudge it so your favourite wins.

There was a reason a lot of people were annoyed with Manny and it wasn't to do witht he fact it was 'close'

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:58 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The fact the Manny fans can't accept their man got beat is what makes me laugh BF and really anyone could say if you didn't notice the defensive technique by Floyd (far and above Manny's) then the only think you know about boxing is punching (or watching super slow mo's).

Oh and Dyl, doesn't matter if every sport bar boxing uses slow mo, the fact is that it's not used in boxing and as alluded to above you can still fudge it so your favourite wins.

There was a reason a lot of people were annoyed with Manny and it wasn't to do witht he fact it was 'close'

Good post and I can say that Derby is not a flomo, or whatever ridiculous word that is used these days.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:05 pm

Do tell us

Please do tell us

Better yet show us

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Do tell us

Please do tell us

Better yet show us

We have seen the fight. I have watched it a few times.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm

Tell you about what, how great his feet were, how he slipped Manny quite a lot or how he was waiting for the jab before moving and flicking his own out. I mean go and watch it BF, Manny was that flumoxed he couldn't even maintain any pressure.

a massive disappointment to all involved really, although I did find it funny when it surfaced a few people were looking at taking Manny to court over the betting.

If you don't appreciate the defensive side of boxing (or can't see it) then go down the gym for a couple of lessons off the proper coaches down there, it still staggers me the little things involved.

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

It's much better to watch edited slow motion clips of a fight than the whole fight itself, the footage you rely on so much is the same action but shown repeatedly from different angles. Totally clueless.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

If Mike Tyson says that Pacquiao won that's it then Dylan, try discussing for a change instead of constant bu11shit conspiracies.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:24 pm

I can't wait till they actually make it a part of the sport Haz, now we'll go to the judges and wait 3 hours whilst they examine the whole fight again in slow motion from 6 different angles. ;-). We're also going to ALL the ex boxers ringside as if there decisions are different then the judges decision won't be upheld :-)

A brilliant new future

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:39 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If Mike Tyson says that Pacquiao won that's it then Dylan, try discussing for a change instead of constant bu11shit conspiracies.

Funny thing is, he didn't say it! Very Happy

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

Freddie Roach says Floyd won. That says it all really. In a supposed close fight, I doubt a rival trainer will say the other guy deserved the nod.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by EX7EY on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:07 pm

I never said many got schooled. I said Floyd was making him look average, and that's just how I saw it.

I'm not saying manny didn't have his moments, but for me Floyd won easily enough in a pretty anti climactic, non eventful fight.

I'm not even a Floyd fan, I wanted manny to win to be honest.

It's just ridiculous when people are banging on about slo mo evidence to support their rubbish.

Floyd won the fight. Nothing to do with commentary, or the west, or any other nonsense. I don't even think it was close personally.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by BoxingFan88 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

Once again

You all miss the point

In fact you aren't even in the same ball park as the point

In slow motion you can see how good manny is

I'm not crying robbery I already said I thought Floyd won a very close and competitive fight

You just say he won it easy

Which is nonsense

You totally discredit manys skill time and time again

Floyd isnt even putting his body weight behind punches later in the fight because he knows he will be countered for it

He has to keep flicking the jab to maintain distance from manny and use his legs to get away

If you watched the canelo fight Floyd just stayed on the ropes and alvarez couldn't hit him at all He made a mug of him

That just didn't happen in this fight

It was high level chess at its finest

I find it laughable how under rated manny is

Look at what he deals with

He has a shorter reach than rigondeaux and still beats the tar out of all these much bigger guys

It's his skill that let's him do it

If you can't see it then too bad but you are really missing out

You should open your eyes to new people like Precise Presenter who knows more about boxing than all of us on this forum put together

Can break down a fight and explain to you what is happening

Told you how good ggg was before you even knew who he was

Taking about Manny looking average??? Does that win a boxing match

And I suppose Floyd looked good

Or wasn't the non Action neutralisation fight you predicted from the start and expected manny to steam roll him and because he showed he can box you automatically think he lost

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

Freddie Roach thought he lost. Get over it man.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by EX7EY on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

Wow. Emotions are high here haha.

I didn't say manny is an average boxer in general. In that particular fight I think Floyd made him look average.

It's just my opinion on a fight, claim down.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by AdamT on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

EX7EY wrote:Wow. Emotions are high here haha.

I didn't say manny is an average boxer in general. In that particular fight I think Floyd made him look average.

It's just my opinion on a fight, claim down.

The youtube community (Manny fans) are adamant he won. It's opinions though.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:41 pm

Nobody is missing out BF88, you seem to want to show how much you know about the technical side hence why you bang on about the slo-mo so much. It's perfectly acceptable to admit you're talking crap though, believe it or not most boxing fans do know about boxing.

If you can't see the skills in real time they're not worth seeing, I can see Mayweather's defensive brilliance in real time. Manny isn't on the same level.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 5:39 pm

If you can't see the technical skills on show at the time and have to slow it down, then they ain't as good as you think.

Most people do give Manny credit as most will give Floyd credit, it's the idiots on either side of the fence's that feel they have to tear either one down to make the other look good.

Oh and a lot of people thought Floyd made Manny look average which he did, just shows how good Floyd is and how far behind everyone else is.

Floyd 1, Manny a step down to 2. and then the rest who were quite a few levels below.

I'd like to see Manny retire now as I can only see his legacy being tarnished from here on out.

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The fact the Manny fans can't accept their man got beat is what makes me laugh BF and really anyone could say if you didn't notice the defensive technique by Floyd (far and above Manny's) then the only think you know about boxing is punching (or watching super slow mo's).

Oh and Dyl, doesn't matter if every sport bar boxing uses slow mo, the fact is that it's not used in boxing and as alluded to above you can still fudge it so your favourite wins.

There was a reason a lot of people were annoyed with Manny and it wasn't to do witht he fact it was 'close'

I'm not even a Manny fan but I know a fraud when I see one and the self proclaimed TBE is exactly that.

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Dylan1979 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 6:18 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:If Mike Tyson says that Pacquiao won that's it then Dylan, try discussing for a change instead of constant bu11shit conspiracies.

Like your racist accusations?

Dylan1979

Posts : 224
Join date : 2016-11-23

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 17 Mar 2017, 8:25 am

If Floyd's a fraud then so is Manny, both have done similar things (with Manny feasting on the scraps of Moseley after his fans stated he was completely and utterly washed up for Floyd). Never mind the farce of giving Margherita a pay day after the hand wraps scandal.

Yaddah Yaddah Yaddah, if you can't actually appreciate both then your really missing out. You don't have to like them (Floyd's a woman beating idiot, Manny's a cheating homophobic idiot) but see waht they bring to the table.

And once again for those that don't understand the defensive side of the game (I didn't at one point) go and look it up, learn to appreciate it cause your really missing out if you think boxing is just about throwing punches.

Derbymanc

Posts : 3860
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by milkyboy on Fri 17 Mar 2017, 9:49 am

It's the topic that never dies.

Years of will they won't they. Now it's who won and was it one for the purists or just a crock of sh*t.

I'm in the 'Floyd won a disappointing fight fairly clearly' category. And no I haven't watched it in slow motion. It was dull enough in real time. I can appreciate defensive skills but I prefer to see counter punching than counter feinting.

milkyboy

Posts : 7754
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !! - Page 5 Empty Re: Ten Conclusions from Mayweather - Manny !!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum