The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 TV Schedule

+19
clivemcl
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
Jimpy
BamBam
LordDowlais
No 7&1/2
PenfroPete
Jenifer McLadyboy
Irish Londoner
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
VinceWLB
wayne
SecretFly
Pot Hale
justified sinner
The Saint
Chunky Norwich
23 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 05, 2015 7:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can someone point me in the direction of the tv viewing schedule for the last day of the regular Pro12 fixtures.

Thanks


Last edited by Chunky Norwich on Wed May 13, 2015 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down


Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:God you moan alot Chunks.

It's called "raising awareness".

Nothing would ever improve if people didn't give a stuff about change for betterment.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 10:19 am

Be thankful that there's plenty of opportunies on plenty of platforms to view games. Pints always half empty for you.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:21 am

No 7&1/2 wrote: Pints always half empty for you.

As far as the pro12 goes perhaps yes. And the pint is draining away quickly.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 am

Yeah but the downside for you is you have to be miserable all the time. Sad

It's like if you fancied mrs Jones across the road. Pining for her could ruin your relationship with your wife. mrs Jones has no interest. Better off making a go of it with your wife.
Mrs Jones may have more loot and a nice car, but you could find out she is rubbish in the sack..... If you ever got her in there.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:24 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Yeah but the downside for you is you have to be miserable all the time. Sad

It's like if you fancied mrs Jones across the road. Pining for her could ruin your relationship with your wife. mrs Jones has no interest. Better off making a go of it with your wife.
Mrs Jones may have more loot and a nice car, but you could find out she is rubbish in the sack..... If you ever got her in there.

Hmmm, it's a good analogy. But you need to add that my wife is a crack addict on death row.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 10:25 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: Pints always half empty for you.

As far as the pro12 goes perhaps yes. And the pint is draining away quickly.

Isn't it the Welsh clubs who want their games on free to air tv?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:26 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: Pints always half empty for you.

As far as the pro12 goes perhaps yes. And the pint is draining away quickly.

Isn't it the Welsh clubs who want their games on free to air tv?

Is it? Where have you seen this?

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Yeah but the downside for you is you have to be miserable all the time. Sad

It's like if you fancied mrs Jones across the road. Pining for her could ruin your relationship with your wife. mrs Jones has no interest. Better off making a go of it with your wife.
Mrs Jones may have more loot and a nice car, but you could find out she is rubbish in the sack..... If you ever got her in there.

Hmmm, it's a good analogy. But you need to add that my wife is a crack addict on death row.

No. It's only you that see her that way. Mr Williams from number 47 thinks she's a ride!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:30 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Yeah but the downside for you is you have to be miserable all the time. Sad

It's like if you fancied mrs Jones across the road. Pining for her could ruin your relationship with your wife. mrs Jones has no interest. Better off making a go of it with your wife.
Mrs Jones may have more loot and a nice car, but you could find out she is rubbish in the sack..... If you ever got her in there.

Hmmm, it's a good analogy. But you need to add that my wife is a crack addict on death row.

No. It's only you that see her that way. Mr Williams from number 47 thinks she's a ride!

And time will tell who's right.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 10:30 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: Pints always half empty for you.

As far as the pro12 goes perhaps yes. And the pint is draining away quickly.

Isn't it the Welsh clubs who want their games on free to air tv?

Is it? Where have you seen this?

I'm asking a question; you're saying it isn't the Welsh clubs wanting their games on free to view?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:31 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:

I'm asking a question; you're saying it isn't the Welsh clubs wanting their games on free to view?

Where have I said that? I have no idea what channels the teams want their games on.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 10:37 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

I'm asking a question; you're saying it isn't the Welsh clubs wanting their games on free to view?

Where have I said that? I have no idea what channels the teams want their games on.

I'm still asking a question. Isn't it the Welsh clubs who sold their games to free to air?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:43 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

I'm asking a question; you're saying it isn't the Welsh clubs wanting their games on free to view?

Where have I said that? I have no idea what channels the teams want their games on.

I'm still asking a question. Isn't it the Welsh clubs who sold their games to free to air?

"sold" their games? Oh right. No it was the outgoing CEO of the WRU who publicly said he was happy to destroy them.

The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by SecretFly Tue May 12, 2015 10:45 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: Pints always half empty for you.

As far as the pro12 goes perhaps yes. And the pint is draining away quickly.

Isn't it the Welsh clubs who want their games on free to air tv?

Is it? Where have you seen this?

I'm asking a question; you're saying it isn't the Welsh clubs wanting their games on free to view?

You're confusing Chunky's arguments a little 7&1/2.

Yes, he's against Pro12.  Yes he sees his ideal future in some sort of cross border Anglo/Welsh contest (only wants the rest of us [B&I] because he realises that's now the only remotely viable idea that might have enough interest with the English to get a go ahead)

BUT.............. he's also against his own Regions in ways.  He supports them on the field - yes, but is dead against their decision to roll back into bed with Pro12 when they were so nearly in for a possible Anglo/Welsh League had they held their resolve.  So he's critical of everything really if it plays ball with Pro12.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by LordDowlais Tue May 12, 2015 10:47 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

It is even more absurd that the Welsh generate the most money through TV and media but they than have to share that money with every other union involved with the Pro12.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by SecretFly Tue May 12, 2015 10:48 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

It is even more absurd that the Welsh generate the most money through TV and media but they than have to share that money with every other union involved with the Pro12.

Yes, you've claimed this before Lord. You do of course have all the detailed proofs??

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:50 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

It is even more absurd that the Welsh generate the most money through TV and media but they than have to share that money with every other union involved with the Pro12.

What were the figures quoted last year? something like:

Wales: £2.5m
Ireland: £900,000
Scotland: £400,000

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 am

SecretFly wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: Pints always half empty for you.

As far as the pro12 goes perhaps yes. And the pint is draining away quickly.

Isn't it the Welsh clubs who want their games on free to air tv?

Is it? Where have you seen this?

I'm asking a question; you're saying it isn't the Welsh clubs wanting their games on free to view?

You're confusing Chunky's arguments a little 7&1/2.

Yes, he's against Pro12.  Yes he sees his ideal future in some sort of cross border Anglo/Welsh contest (only wants the rest of us [B&I] because he realises that's now the only remotely viable idea that might have enough interest with the English to get a go ahead)

BUT.............. he's also against his own Regions in ways.  He supports them on the field - yes, but is dead against their decision to roll back into bed with Pro12 when they were so nearly in for a possible Anglo/Welsh League had they held their resolve.  So he's critical of everything really if it plays ball with Pro12.

I'm just trying to get his overall point, he complains about so much. I don't think an Anglo Welsh league is a remote possibility is it? The Welsh bring next to no money or interest with them.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by LordDowlais Tue May 12, 2015 10:52 am

SecretFly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

It is even more absurd that the Welsh generate the most money through TV and media but they than have to share that money with every other union involved with the Pro12.

Yes, you've claimed this before Lord.  You do of course have all the detailed proofs??

Sin e found them, he told me if the Welsh union kept their media deals to themselves then each region would be better off to the tune of 375 thousand big ones per season. So that is an extra 1.5 million on top of what they already get.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Sin e found them, he told me if the Welsh union kept their media deals to themselves then each region would be better off to the tune of 375 thousand big ones per season. So that is an extra 1.5 million on top of what they already get.

It's even worse than I thought:

The French deal compares to the £152m over four years secured by Premiership Rugby with BT Sport for English rugby's top flight – a chunk of which is for a cross-border tournament – and the near-£10m a year the RaboDirect Pro 12 unions have secured for the rights to their league, £5.5m from Sky, who have first pick every round, £3.2m from BBC Wales, £900,000 from Ireland, which seems pitiful given the strength of three of their provinces, and some £140,000 from Scotland.

Guardian

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 10:58 am

That's simply staggering. Scottish rugby generates £140,000 in tv money, yet receives £811,000 back


Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am

So presumably 1.26 mil from Italy if your previous quote on money generated from broadcasting is to be believed. Are you now saying the WRU are doing a good job in selling the rights?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

No 7&1/2 wrote: Are you now saying the WRU are doing a good job in selling the rights?

No, what makes you think that? I'm saying that BBC Wales and s4c are obviously willing to part with this money to show their regions every week.

Yet Irish tv and scottish tv are happy to provide far less and sponge off Wales.

It is typical though, that this massive disparity in funding will not be seen as anything other than another great moment for the pro12.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 am

£3.2m from BBC Wales
£900,000 from Ireland
£140,000 from Scotland.

Watch the tumbleweed. Nothing to see here. Move on. Pro12 is great.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 am

You were criticising the number of broadcasters earlier is that ok now to get the top bucks?

Sky are paying to show Munster, Leinster and probably Glasgow as they are a good attacking team, they're bringing the money there.

What are you really saying here Chunks? Are you happy with the money that the WRU got even though it splits up the TV coverage? Are you unhappy about the number of broadcasters or happy with it even though it causes you to plan birthdays in dive bars in London?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:£3.2m from BBC Wales
£900,000 from Ireland
£140,000 from Scotland.

Watch the tumbleweed. Nothing to see here. Move on.  Pro12 is great.

And Sky aren't paying 5.5 for the Dragons.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by LordDowlais Tue May 12, 2015 11:14 am

Well, for my liking then, the Irish and the Scotts need to start pulling their weight and start negotiating better tele deals to get more money into our league.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:15 am

More than 5.5 million?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue May 12, 2015 11:19 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:£3.2m from BBC Wales
£900,000 from Ireland
£140,000 from Scotland.

Watch the tumbleweed. Nothing to see here. Move on.  Pro12 is great.

And Sky aren't paying 5.5 for the Dragons.

No they are not paying it for Connacht either. Your point???
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9931
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 38
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by BamBam Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 am

Do Sky show games in Ireland?

BamBam

Posts : 17124
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue May 12, 2015 11:21 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Sky are paying to show Munster, Leinster and probably Glasgow as they are a good attacking team, they're bringing the money there.

Have you got a list of what fixtures Sky have shown this season?

Are you just making things up, as you see them, to support your own opinion?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9931
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 38
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:22 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:£3.2m from BBC Wales
£900,000 from Ireland
£140,000 from Scotland.

Watch the tumbleweed. Nothing to see here. Move on.  Pro12 is great.

And Sky aren't paying 5.5 for the Dragons.

No they are not paying it for Connacht either.  Your point???

That Sky are paying to show the big teams, Munster, Leinster and Glasgow this year.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Jimpy Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Well if its of any consolation the pathetic Aviva Premiership in same boat as BT not know what games they are showing yet so least we not the only pathetic league around.

Wrong, that was published as early as Sunday after the Saracens game.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue May 12, 2015 11:24 am

Jimpy wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Well if its of any consolation the pathetic Aviva Premiership in same boat as BT not know what games they are showing yet so least we not the only pathetic league around.

Wrong, that was published as early as Sunday after the Saracens game.

Not on any tv listing yesterday they weren't.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9962
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue May 12, 2015 11:27 am

No7 1/2, if you look Sky have shown

September
Glasgow V Leinster
Scarlets V Ulster
Leinster V Scarlets
Dragons V Glasgow (Oh hang on Sky were not paying to show Dragons games??)

October/November/December (can't find info)

January
Cardiff Blues V Leinster

February
Zebre V Glasgow
Glasgow V Ospreys
Scarlets V Munster
Munster V Glasgow

March
Scarlets V Leinster
Ospreys V Munster
Munster V Connacht (ok, I was wrong there too)
Scarlets V Edinburgh

April
Connacht V Ulster
Ulster V Leinster

May
Glasgow V Ulter

That would look more like they have shown most teams, so again where is your evidence for your one-eyed witch hunting??
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9931
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 38
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:29 am

Don't be so pedantic Scarlet, you know I meant the money is there to secure the big teams. If the league didn't have the Munsters and Leinsters there wouldn't be that money going in. In response to the accusation that the Irish and Scottish don't bring broadcasting money. Sky aren't paying that 5.5 for the Dragons, they would be paying much less.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 11:30 am

LordDowlais wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

It is even more absurd that the Welsh generate the most money through TV and media but they than have to share that money with every other union involved with the Pro12.

Yes, you've claimed this before Lord.  You do of course have all the detailed proofs??

Sin e found them, he told me if the Welsh union kept their media deals to themselves then each region would be better off to the tune of 375 thousand big ones per season. So that is an extra 1.5 million on top of what they already get.

That wasn't Sin e that found them, it was me that give you the figure based on the assumption that the Regions deal is worth £3m. That is a figure I have seen quoted by Region fans.

Whatever the size of deal for the Welsh Regions, it is Pro 12 that has negotiated that deal, and, I think, specifically Roger Lewis.
So if the Regions were to go it alone they would have to negotiate their own deals, and be cut from the share of the rest. As things stand, that share would possibly be £3m Welsh Regions and £8m the rest. Welsh Regions would get £750k each, and possibly a share (lesser share) of SKY revenue, while the rest get at least as much, and likely more.

That's assuming the Regions can negotiate as good a deal as Pro12 have done.....

A little on the Pro12 broadcasting deals:

"Commenting on retaining live free-to-air Pro12 coverage in Wales, John Feehan, chief executive of Pro12 Rugby, said: “We are delighted to strengthen our relationship with BBC Wales and S4C.
“And with Guinness, our new sponsor, on board, we look forward to growing our competition with all our broadcasters and clubs attracting larger audiences and more fans.”
BBC Wales director Rhodri Talfan Davies said: “The new qualification rules for Europe will provide real added spice from next season, making the Pro12 competition ‘must-see TV’ for Welsh rugby fans."


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 12, 2015 11:30 am

Similar to Sky aren't paying millions to show Burnley, they want Man U, Liverpool etc.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 11:34 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:The welsh regions have hardly any say in how they can improve income streams as regards the pro12. Which, when you remember they are private businesses is absolutely absurd.

It is even more absurd that the Welsh generate the most money through TV and media but they than have to share that money with every other union involved with the Pro12.

What were the figures quoted last year? something like:

Wales: £2.5m
Ireland: £900,000
Scotland: £400,000

Your figures don't add up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by SecretFly Tue May 12, 2015 12:11 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:No7 1/2, if you look Sky have shown

September
Glasgow V Leinster
Scarlets V Ulster
Leinster V Scarlets
Dragons V Glasgow (Oh hang on Sky were not paying to show Dragons games??)

October/November/December (can't find info)

January
Cardiff Blues V Leinster

February
Zebre V Glasgow
Glasgow V Ospreys
Scarlets V Munster
Munster V Glasgow

March
Scarlets V Leinster
Ospreys V Munster
Munster V Connacht (ok, I was wrong there too)
Scarlets V Edinburgh

April
Connacht V Ulster
Ulster V Leinster

May
Glasgow V Ulter

That would look more like they have shown most teams, so again where is your evidence for your one-eyed witch hunting??

From your admittedly unfinished list;

that's 10 games that included Welsh teams,
6 that included Scottish teams,
1 that included an Italian team
and 15 games that included Irish teams (including three Irish derbies - the only National Derbies included in your list).  

Also 7 of the games that included Welsh sides involved an Irish opponent.  Only three of Sky's games involving Welsh sides included an non-Irish opponent.  October, November, December is not completed obviously as you say, but yes, I was wondering about all that and it's interesting that you post the list.  It certainly suggests Sky came into the deal with a big eye on Irish sides.

BBC Wales wanted their slice to focus primarily and understandably on Welsh Regional games.  So I'd say the bulk of the Sky's £5.5 million demanded their slice of the Irish pie. Wink  They paid more for their Irish bit than BBC Wales paid for their Welsh bit.  No?

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Think it's:

Scotland 7

Italy      1

Ireland   15

Wales     9

Wales 9 The rest 23

So if the SKY revenue was to be split equally between teams broadcast, and if the Regions were to be treated separately, each of the Regions teams would lose about 2% of the split of their competitors. Regions 7.03% each. The rest 8.98% each


Last edited by Munchkin on Tue May 12, 2015 12:53 pm; edited 5 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Jimpy Tue May 12, 2015 12:39 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Well if its of any consolation the pathetic Aviva Premiership in same boat as BT not know what games they are showing yet so least we not the only pathetic league around.

Wrong, that was published as early as Sunday after the Saracens game.

Not on any tv listing yesterday they weren't.

BT Sport's own website had the games they were going to show published minutes after the final whistle blew at Allianz Park. For example, Tigers v Saints is one, Sale v Exeter is the other.

And to be fair, you wouldn't need to be that clever to work out that they'd be the matches shown, considering Saracens travel to London Welsh for 5 points thankyou very much.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 12:59 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You were criticising the number of broadcasters earlier is that ok now to get the top bucks?

eh? what are you talking about?

Sky are paying to show Munster, Leinster and probably Glasgow as they are a good attacking team, they're bringing the money there.

What are you really saying here Chunks? Are you happy with the money that the WRU got even though it splits up the TV coverage? Are you unhappy about the number of broadcasters or happy with it even though it causes you to plan birthdays in dive bars in London?

What we've got is rubbish. Wales subsidises Ireland and Scottish rugby.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Again, not one Irish poster even has the Love sacks to admit that their is something unequal about the tv moneys.

Shameless.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue May 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Again, not one Irish poster even has the Love sacks to admit that their is something unequal about the tv moneys.

Shameless.
No. What's shameless is being sad enough to use every opportunity to run down the league that your team plays in.

Not refraining from commenting on tv deals which are not in the public domain and may or may not be the way RRW said they were 2 years ago.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:No7 1/2, if you look Sky have shown.......

From your admittedly unfinished list;

that's 10 games that included Welsh teams,
6 that included Scottish teams,
1 that included an Italian team
and 15 games that included Irish teams (including three Irish derbies - the only National Derbies included in your list).  

Also 7 of the games that included Welsh sides involved an Irish opponent.  Only three of Sky's games involving Welsh sides included an non-Irish opponent.  October, November, December is not completed obviously as you say, but yes, I was wondering about all that and it's interesting that you post the list.  It certainly suggests Sky came into the deal with a big eye on Irish sides.

BBC Wales wanted their slice to focus primarily and understandably on Welsh Regional games.  So I'd say the bulk of the Sky's £5.5 million demanded their slice of the Irish pie. Wink  They paid more for their Irish bit than BBC Wales paid for their Welsh bit.  No?

I couldn't find it on the site I was looking at, however I 99.9% sure that they did have both the Scarlets V Ospreys derby games in December.  Which does then bring it up to 12 games featuring Welsh Regions, 15 with Irish provinces, 6 with Scottish Pro sides, and 1 with Italian Clubs.  Also you could flip your argument and say of the 15 featuring the Irish Provinces, 7 of those featured the Welsh Regions.  

It could be argued that 9 of the Sky televised games featured the Scarlets or Ospreys, so actually Sky had a keen eye on the West Wales TV viewership when they brought their money to the table.  And that would also add up with BBC Wales throwing more money into the pot than any other 'free to air' broadcaster.  Going by that it would certainly appear that the Scarlets & Ospreys are far more marketable to TV audiences, and the broadcasters seem to know that too.


Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue May 12, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paragraphs)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9931
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 38
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by SecretFly Tue May 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Again, not one Irish poster even has the Love sacks to admit that their is something unequal about the tv moneys.

Shameless.

What the hell are you talking about?  If people knew what you were talking about they might proffer an opinion more to your liking.

If the Regions were treated separately and if Sky revenue was split evenly between teams broadcast????  

To hell with IFs.  What's happening in reality?  

BBC Wales show mostly Welsh Regional games?  Yes? No?
I'll take it that it's a Yes

Now that doesn't mean those games are all Welsh Derbies - teams from Scotland, Italy and Ireland play in some of them - but that's not the fans that concern BBC Wales - they're pandering to their Welsh viewers in showing Regional interest games - for £3.Something million for the privilege - which is then shared out equally to all Pro12 partners?  Yes? No?
I'll assume Yes.

Sky, they show mostly Irish interest games.  Again, yes, that involves Welsh or Scottish or Italian sides, but they're pandering to the Irish viewers in showing Irish interest games - for £5.Something million - which is then shared out equally to all Pro12 partners?  Yes?
Again, I'll assume Yes.

Why should the Welsh Regions get to hold onto BBC Wales money all to themselves simply because the broadcaster has 'Wales' in its title?  The money doesn't belong to Wales just as Sky money doesn't belong to Ireland.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Again, not one Irish poster even has the Love sacks to admit that their is something unequal about the tv moneys.

Shameless.
No. What's shameless is being sad enough to use every opportunity to run down the league that your team plays in.

Not refraining from commenting on tv deals which are not in the public domain and may or may not be the way RRW said they were 2 years ago.

That's not 2 years ago. It is the current deal with sky tv in the mix.

Shameless.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue May 12, 2015 1:38 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Again, not one Irish poster even has the Love sacks to admit that their is something unequal about the tv moneys.

Shameless.

What the hell are you talking about?  If people knew what you were talking about they might proffer an opinion more to your liking.

If the Regions were treated separately and if Sky revenue was split evenly between teams broadcast????  

To hell with IFs.  What's happening in reality?  

BBC Wales show mostly Welsh Regional games?  Yes? No?
I'll take it that it's a Yes

Now that doesn't mean those games are all Welsh Derbies - teams from Scotland, Italy and Ireland play in some of them - but that's not the fans that concern BBC Wales - they're pandering to their Welsh viewers in showing Regional interest games - for £3.Something million for the privilege - which is then shared out equally to all Pro12 partners?  Yes? No?
I'll assume Yes.

Sky, they show mostly Irish interest games.  Again, yes, that involves Welsh or Scottish or Italian sides, but they're pandering to the Irish viewers in showing Irish interest games - for £5.Something million - which is then shared out equally to all Pro12 partners?  Yes?
Again, I'll assume Yes.

Why should the Welsh Regions get to hold onto BBC Wales money all to themselves simply because the broadcaster has 'Wales' in its title?  The money doesn't belong to Wales just as Sky money doesn't belong to Ireland.

Yes. This bit is key ^

It has nothing to do with "regions getting to hold on to the money" and everything to do with Ireland and Scotland putting fark all into the pro12.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by SecretFly Tue May 12, 2015 1:41 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:No7 1/2, if you look Sky have shown.......

From your admittedly unfinished list;

that's 10 games that included Welsh teams,
6 that included Scottish teams,
1 that included an Italian team
and 15 games that included Irish teams (including three Irish derbies - the only National Derbies included in your list).  

Also 7 of the games that included Welsh sides involved an Irish opponent.  Only three of Sky's games involving Welsh sides included an non-Irish opponent.  October, November, December is not completed obviously as you say, but yes, I was wondering about all that and it's interesting that you post the list.  It certainly suggests Sky came into the deal with a big eye on Irish sides.

BBC Wales wanted their slice to focus primarily and understandably on Welsh Regional games.  So I'd say the bulk of the Sky's £5.5 million demanded their slice of the Irish pie. Wink  They paid more for their Irish bit than BBC Wales paid for their Welsh bit.  No?

I couldn't find it on the site I was looking at, however I 99.9% sure that they did have both the Scarlets V Ospreys derby games in December.  Which does then bring it up to 12 games featuring Welsh Regions, 15 with Irish provinces, 6 with Scottish Pro sides, and 1 with Italian Clubs.  Also you could flip your argument and say of the 15 featuring the Irish Provinces, 7 of those featured the Welsh Regions.  


That doesn't include any extra Irish games that they'd have shown in the period you didn't cover (three months?)  You include two Welsh but left it 15 for Ireland.

Plus...you could argue that BBC Wales know that I and a lot of my countryman can quite easily watch BBC Wales (and I often DO catch games on BBC Wales, S4C, Alba etc.  All those channels know they are viewable to Irish audiences so why should it be naturally assumed that Sky games can be watched by all Nations (except perhaps Italians) - therefore their money is for all of us - yet somehow only Welsh people can watch the BBC Wales games - therefore their money should really only go to Welsh regions if things were done right?

It doesn't commute....? ... (or compute Wink )


Last edited by SecretFly on Tue May 12, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro12 TV Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 TV Schedule

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum