The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 1 (Films)

+26
1GrumpyGolfer
SecretFly
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
Adam D
Paul Mac 6CW
kingraf
Galtova
Samo
seanmichaels
Mad for Chelsea
JuliusHMarx
Nakatomi Plaza
Pal Joey
Dolphin Ziggler
Galted
Hammersmith harrier
The Womble
dancingweeman
Hero
Azzy
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Rowley
Stella
Mind the windows Tino.
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

WHAT IS THE BEST FILM WITH NO MORE THAN 2 WORDS IN THE TITLE?

Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 58

Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 1 (Films)

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 08 May 2015, 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right, here we go with the start of the Culture Cup 2.0

All nominations are cast and the voting process is ready.  If you’re not all voted out after the excitement of yesterday, then please put your X in a box here.

Think carefully as you only get one vote and vote cancelling is not allowed.

The question for this round was - WHAT IS THE BEST FILM WITH NO MORE THAN 2 WORDS IN THE TITLE?

Remember, this is open TO ANYONE ON 606v2 WHO WANTS TO VOTE.

I’ve cunningly used www.random.org to mix up the titles so they are not in order of the list of posters.

Many thanks,
Tino.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0  Rd 1 (Films) - Page 3 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Rd 1 (Films)

Post by Stella Mon 11 May 2015, 2:28 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We have a latecomer.

Stella is joining the party.  He is a round late and has to go to the bottom of the 'random pick' list for this round but I like him, so I've let him in.

You really do run this thing with a rod of iron Tina

I did have to say please!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 2:31 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Hero wrote:My choices are in, split between my top two on which to have plumped for, what I had 2nd is my personal fave but what I have 1st is probably more of a vote winner.

Your first choice is an excellent song as well.

I'm quite fearful as to what Adam has picked. Knowing what my first choice was and for it still to be him that is accused of being gay is scary.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 2:37 pm

Rowley wrote:
Hero wrote:My choices are in, split between my top two on which to have plumped for, what I had 2nd is my personal fave but what I have 1st is probably more of a vote winner.

I'm quite fearful as to what Adam has picked. Knowing what my first choice was and for it still to be him that is accused of being gay is scary.

Difference is, your first pick is a truly outstanding song. It really is.

Adam has picked a song that Graham Norton would consider too camp.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 2:42 pm

I was pleased with it, am near the top of the list so may actually get it hopefully.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 11 May 2015, 2:42 pm

Has Jeff picked Turn Back Time by Cher?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 2:43 pm

Rowley wrote:I was pleased with it, am near the top of the list so may actually get it hopefully.

Looking good so far.

I won't vote for it, of course, simply because you picked it but it is a good song, I'll concede that much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 11 May 2015, 2:44 pm

Rowley wrote:

Difference is, your first pick is a truly outstanding song.  It really is.

Was it really that bad?

I hope you enforce the "solo" artist rule to the max by the way

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 2:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:Has Jeff picked Turn Back Time by Cher?

Yes, he also sent me a picture of himself wearing a thong leotard and straddling a massive gun.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 2:45 pm

Adam D wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Was it really that bad?

Don't tell me how to run my tournament, Adam. I think I've already proven that I run this place according to a strict set of criteria.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 11 May 2015, 2:47 pm

Adam D wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Was it really that bad?

Don't tell me how to run my tournament, Adam.  I think I've already proven that I run this place according to a strict set of criteria.

So you are basically using the instruction booklet from the 1970s boardgame Colditz?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 May 2015, 2:48 pm

I've had to sell out on this one.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 2:50 pm

Rowley wrote:I was pleased with it, am near the top of the list so may actually get it hopefully.

I shouldn't laugh, but someone higher up the list has nudged your first pick out of contention.

Massive l*lz.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 2:51 pm

superflyweight wrote:Has Jeff picked Turn Back Time by Cher?

Did not want to upset SERIALDAVE by picking a METAL song. That is the same reason I gave BONNIE TYLER a wide berth.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 2:52 pm

I shouldn't laugh, but someone higher up the list has nudged your first pick out of contention.

Massive l*lz.

For the love of god. Who was it Tina, is it someone I have the ability to ban?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 2:53 pm

Rowley wrote:

Massive l*lz.

For the love of god. Who was it Tina, is it someone I have the ability to ban?

Almost certainly, if only you knew who it was.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 11 May 2015, 3:08 pm

Was it Milkshake by Kelis? I can see you jiving to that whilst having a relaxing Radox bubble bath......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 3:12 pm

No it was a genuinely great song Sean, but it has been snatched from under my nose. Am genuinely too upset to say much more at this point.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 May 2015, 3:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:WHAT IS THE BEST SONG BY A FEMALE SOLO ARTIST?

Pretty much any song that I don't pick, I should imagine, you turds.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 11 May 2015, 3:17 pm

widows, can i change my selection if it hasn't been given? I'll pm

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 3:22 pm

seanmichaels wrote:widows, can i change my selection if it hasn't been given? I'll pm

Yep, got your new PM. I think it's the best Taylor Swift song out there, Sean.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 11 May 2015, 3:28 pm

she does nothing for me that swift.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 May 2015, 3:40 pm

Barton Fink won an unprecedented 3 awards (including the much-coveted palme d'or) at the 1991 Cannes film festival, the least pointless of the film festivals.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 3:43 pm

Galted wrote:Barton Fink won an unprecedented 3 awards (including the much-coveted palme d'or) at the 1991 Cannes film festival, the least pointless of the film festivals.

But got f*ck all votes on here. Get over it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 3:46 pm

Galted wrote:Barton Fink won an unprecedented 3 awards (including the much-coveted palme d'or) at the 1991 Cannes film festival, the least pointless of the film festivals.

My mate Andy from school won a competition for drawing his family. It ended up being shown on Hartbeat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 May 2015, 3:48 pm

Rowley wrote:

Three awards!!!! Three awards you say? INCLUDING THE PRESTIGIOUS PALME D'OR!!!!!! Why, Galted, that"s scarcely credible!

Believe it, Jeff, it happened.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 May 2015, 3:49 pm

My mate Andy from school won a competition for drawing his family.  It ended up being shown on Hartbeat.

Nominate it for the Art round. Recent history here indicates it would beat the Mona Lisa.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 3:49 pm

My mate Andy from school won a competition for drawing his family.  It ended up being shown on Hartbeat.

I once won a prince charming competition at Pontins. When I say won it I mean absolutely obliterated the field, if it was a fight they would have stopped it after the bowing round such was my clear dominance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 May 2015, 3:52 pm

Rowley wrote:

I once won a prince charming competition at Pontins. When I say won it I mean absolutely obliterated the field, if it was a fight they would have stopped it after the bowing round such was my clear dominance.

How the mighty have fallen.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 3:53 pm

I peaked too early Jules.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 3:54 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Three awards!!!!  Three awards you say?  INCLUDING THE PRESTIGIOUS PALME D'OR!!!!!! Why, Galted, that"s scarcely credible!

Believe it, Jeff, it happened.
 Is this the same Palme D'or that awarded Farenheit 9/11 the best film award?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 3:54 pm

Rowley wrote:

This was 'Captain Poofinger' Andy. The very same.

Good artist, was Andy. I remember he made a Millennium Falcon out of toilet rolls, tin foil and old tins. It was f*cking ace.

It lasted till lunchtime till someone stole it and scattered it's constituent parts all over the playground.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 May 2015, 3:57 pm

Rowley wrote:

I played prince charming in a school musical despite the fact that singing, dancing and acting are three of my most hated activities.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 3:59 pm

I won three pound of vouchers to be spent in the on site shop. I purchased a cricket bat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 3:59 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I played prince charming in a school musical despite the fact that singing, dancing and acting are three of my most hated activities.

Did you give the part your own unique twist by performing in a pair of Hi-Tecs?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 May 2015, 4:02 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Did you give the part your own unique twist by performing in a pair of Hi-Tecs?

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 4:04 pm

Great work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 11 May 2015, 4:24 pm

That is absolutely marvelous Jules.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 May 2015, 5:32 pm

According to Vincent Canby of the New York Times, Barton Fink "has the manner of a work that was written in a high old halcyon rush, of a screenplay that announced itself and took form without a lot of nervous pushing and probing to give it existence. It is seamless, packed with the sort of pertinent and priceless detail that can't be worried out of the mind piecemeal".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 5:39 pm

According to Terrence Rafferty in the New Yorker:

It feels thin. It's an empty tour de force, and what's dismaying about the picture is that the filmmakers... seem inordinately pleased with its hermetic meaninglessness.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 May 2015, 6:12 pm

Rowley wrote:... seem inordinately pleased with its hermetic meaninglessness. [/i]

He's clearly a frustrated wannabe film-maker who has a thesaurus as his only friend.

Last edited by Galted on Mon 11 May 2015, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 May 2015, 7:04 pm

This is my problem. Hero ruddy plays to win, I genuinely just send in my favourites

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 May 2015, 7:09 pm

Same here dolphin, except when I balls up and make my first choice my second.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 11 May 2015, 8:11 pm

Err, turns out I voted for myself, as it clearly stated I'd be told if I didn't get my first choice Laugh

Women sound awful when singing so I'll need to ask for my wife's opinion on the next round.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 11 May 2015, 8:53 pm

Not one scene in The Histrionic Godfather beats the majesty of Robert Shaw talking about the time he was coming back from the island of Tinian to Leyte on the Indianapolis, having just delivered the bomb..... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 11 May 2015, 9:07 pm

SecretFly wrote:Not one scene in The Histrionic Godfather beats the majesty of Robert Shaw talking about the time he was coming back from the island of Tinian to Leyte on the Indianapolis, having just delivered the bomb..... Wink

So you voted for my pick! Well done you!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 May 2015, 9:13 pm

DerBarenJude from Los Angeles had this to say about Barton Fink...

"The Coens have created a truly amazing artistic masterpiece with this film. Easily qualifying as one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, this film does not allow you to feel comfortable for a second. You spend the entire film waiting for the other shoe to drop, and when it does, you find yourself waiting for another one...and it never does! Amazing plot, amazing acting by Turturro and Goodman, and simply unbelievable direction. A movie that symbolizes every thing that is great and that people love about the Coen Brothers. Do not consider yourself a Coen Brothers fan unless you have seen this movie more than once."

He or she gave it 10/10.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 9:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:Not one scene in The Histrionic Godfather beats the majesty of Robert Shaw talking about the time he was coming back from the island of Tinian to Leyte on the Indianapolis, having just delivered the bomb..... Wink

That is one of the greatest scenes in movie history.  That whole segment when they are below deck exchanging stories and scars.  It's just brilliant.  Possibly the best scene of one of the greatest films ever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 11 May 2015, 9:18 pm

Galted wrote:DerBarenJude from Los Angeles had this to say about Barton Fink...

"The Coens have created a truly amazing artistic masterpiece with this film. Easily qualifying as one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, this film does not allow you to feel comfortable for a second. You spend the entire film waiting for the other shoe to drop, and when it does, you find yourself waiting for another one...and it never does! Amazing plot, amazing acting by Turturro and Goodman, and simply unbelievable direction. A movie that symbolizes every thing that is great and that people love about the Coen Brothers. Do not consider yourself a Coen Brothers fan unless you have seen this movie more than once."

He or she gave it 10/10.

Tino from 606v2 had this to say about Barton Fink...

It's a sh*te film and it got no votes on the Culture Cup 2.0.  Deal with it and move on you cockwomble.

He or she gave it 0/10.  Like the rest of the forum.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 11 May 2015, 9:22 pm

A film so good/bad that id never heard of it before it was mentioned on here, ill go for bad as im proper cultural.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 11 May 2015, 9:33 pm

I remember Barton Fink coming out. The fact that it is in black and white put me off for some reason, which is weird as I loved Schindlers List.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next