The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional A teams

+29
Welsh Magician
Fanster
Irish Londoner
Bluedragon
Shifty
Stone Motif
Luckless Pedestrian
XR
GavinDragon
dragon4life
Jimmy Moz
SecretFly
LordDowlais
glamorganalun
Welshmushroom
Jenifer McLadyboy
Pyleboy65
doctor_grey
Steffan
The Saint
offload
Coleman
wayne
Chunky Norwich
ScarletSpiderman
munkian
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
doctornickolas
33 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Regional A teams - Page 5 Empty Regional A teams

Post by doctornickolas Tue 12 May 2015, 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.ponty.net/ponty-rugby-ltd-statement0?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

It looks like the superclubs have now hijacked the B&I Cup for themselves now that the LV is over.

Richard Holland is about as slimy as you get. Look at the email he sent. What a tool.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Regional A teams - Page 5 Empty Re: Regional A teams

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 May 2015, 10:26 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:True but he played most of last season for Ponty. The boy is very talented though and it's nice to see our youth products progressing well even if it is for our bitter rivals Kaaaairdiff Smile

Be nice then coz it'll be a Cardiff Blues decision to release him to play for Ponty. After recent events your allocation might very well be much diminished next season.
Doubt it as it's part of the Premiership contract that we have to play Cardiff "region" players to receive funding. Cardiff could try place a few for the Cardiff 'B' team (drags or whatever it is you call them) as punishment though but Jarrod being a Maesycoed boy will no doubt want to play for his hometown team

Eh? But Ponty will get what they're given and it will be a Cardiff Blues decision in any case.
And i'm 100% sure Jarrod will play where his employer says so.
It's Rags btw, but you know that. No worries. The oldest swingers in Ponty town should turnover the Cardiff kids in the WP.
Jarrod will be playing at Ponty if he is not on the Cardiff first team. And yes I think Ponty will beat 'The Rags' 3 times next season (4 if we meet in the cup)

I'm done.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 24 May 2015, 10:29 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:I'm done
Me too. Gonna munch on a Peters Pie and have a hot bovril for supper

Nos da my Kaaaaaaaairdiff fellow regionaire Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 May 2015, 10:44 pm

Steffan wrote:

Yuk. Clark's pies far superior although not as good as they used to be if you ask me. Family feud apparently.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 24 May 2015, 11:00 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Yuk. Clark's pies far superior although not as good as they used to be if you ask me. Family feud apparently.
I used to love an overpriced Clarke's Pie at Ninian Park. Never enough meat in them down there though. Clarke's Pies are the business and I'm sorry to hear they have gone downhill

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 25 May 2015, 12:15 am

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

I used to love an overpriced Clarke's Pie at Ninian Park. Never enough meat in them down there though. Clarke's Pies are the business and I'm sorry to hear they have gone downhill

Guess everything seems overpriced when you're used to getting stuff for free
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 25 May 2015, 10:26 am

Stone Motif wrote:Guess everything seems overpriced when you're used to getting stuff for free
I'm not entirely sure what that comment is meant to mean to be honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 25 May 2015, 11:30 am

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:True but he played most of last season for Ponty. The boy is very talented though and it's nice to see our youth products progressing well even if it is for our bitter rivals Kaaaairdiff Smile

Be nice then coz it'll be a Cardiff Blues decision to release him to play for Ponty. After recent events your allocation might very well be much diminished next season.
Doubt it as it's part of the Premiership contract that we have to play Cardiff "region" players to receive funding. Cardiff could try place a few for the Cardiff 'B' team (drags or whatever it is you call them) as punishment though but Jarrod being a Maesycoed boy will no doubt want to play for his hometown team

If you think Jarrod is going to turn down B&I Cup rugby and say "No sorry, I wanna be fresh for Ponty in a few weeks time" then you're seriously deluded.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 25 May 2015, 1:05 pm

The Saint wrote:If you think Jarrod is going to turn down B&I Cup rugby and say "No sorry, I wanna be fresh for Ponty in a few weeks time" then you're seriously deluded
I never even said that so I don't know why you have even suggested that I think that

You're the one who is deluded (or twisting my words)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 25 May 2015, 1:11 pm

Oh, so you're referring to Cardiff RFC then? I think the Ponty players will probably stay registered to play with Pontypridd in the premiership; unless you lot do something worse to damage relations...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 25 May 2015, 1:19 pm

The Saint wrote:Oh, so you're referring to Cardiff RFC then? I think the Ponty players will probably stay registered to play with Pontypridd in the premiership; unless you lot do something worse to damage relations...
I was indeed referring to The Drags or whatever they call them. Jarrod will be a Ponty player next year unless he makes the Cardiff Blues main team. There is nothing wrong with Pony and Cardiff relations. They hate us and we hate them but the "region" works the same none the less and will continue to do so

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 4:22 am

Steffan wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:but my word they're constant. Ole.
Much like you writing 3 unresponded messages one of them even responding to and quoting something YOU had said

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

That being said I just looked at the time you posted (3 times) and I think old Risca had been out with his school mates before helping himself to daddies cider when he wrote this rather aggressive attack  warning

I awaite another 3 messages repeating the same thing from you Risca. Providing you have sobered up now and mummy has told you about the dangers of too much alcohol thumbsup

(1)comma? (2)younger than dinosaur you? (3) has (not had) (4)Daddy's (singular), (5)await, (6)comma providing not a new sentence.

Drunk, but still less illiterate babe. Less time supporting leeches, taking shots at drunk people and more educating yourself. Ole

Last edited by Risca Rev on Tue 26 May 2015, 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 4:24 am

Steffan wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Rayerker has it spot on. Don't need to read anymore.

Nothing more needs to be said. Ponty tinpot clampett leeches pridd RFC. Ole.
You were so RedWine you actually responded to a message forgetting that it was you who posted it

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

That's made my weekend fair do. You take care Risca. I was your age once to be fair Very Happy

Or did I remind you of my point as in Rayzerker spoke the truth twice. Can't argue against that though, can you? Leech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 4:28 am

Steffan wrote:http://www.ponty.net/sweeney-comes-home

A favourite son of Pontypridd, former Wales outside half Ceri Sweeney, is returning to the club as a member of next season's playing squad

Massive lack of ambition. Semi pro now. Maybe he got sucked in by Ponty take 2.5k to Cornwall or average 1,000,000 at Sardis? Who knows? All I'll ask is he definitely yours, or is he one you will pinch off the Blues, worship and still sing I'll never be a Blue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 4:34 am

The Saint wrote:Oh, so you're referring to Cardiff RFC then? I think the Ponty players will probably stay registered to play with Pontypridd in the premiership; unless you lot do something worse to damage relations...

I know they won't, but personally I would rather Blues fringe players go to somewhere like Merthyr, as at least they are showing ambition and trying to improve their ground rather than relying on Sardis Road being worthy of a Region and living off some sort of pretend entitlement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyleboy65 Tue 26 May 2015, 11:42 am

You've got to laugh - when they take a player from other sides, it's local boy made good but when the Blues take their players there is uproar and the whole world will end. Another player they will claim that they developed but who actually came through Beddau!!

http://www.ponty.net/sean-o-rourke-local-boy-set-to-come-good

Pyleboy65

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 26 May 2015, 11:51 am

Pyleboy65 wrote:You've got to laugh - when they take a player from other sides, it's local boy made good but when the Blues take their players there is uproar and the whole world will end. Another player they will claim that they developed but who actually came through Beddau!!

Pyleboy, I totally agree, the amount of players that "make it" at Cardiff Blues, but actually come from the valleys is astounding, and what people fail to realise is, that before regionalism, most of these valley players "made it" when they broke into the Pontypridd team, and that is what is so infuriating, when the Cardiff area start producing as many players for their region as the valleys do,then they can start shouting, but at the moment the are only producing a small % compared to what the valley teams are producing, yet the Cardiff Blues claim that all their players are nurtured through the Blues set-up.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 26 May 2015, 1:42 pm

More abusive messages off Risca at 4am in the morning Laugh

Glad me and "the leeches" take up so much of his drunken time RedWine

Won't be on here much this week as trying to sort out my Masters degree funding and application (more time to educate myself and all that)

I'm going to ask Cardiff Blues for a grant. Hopefully they are gonna pay for a Ponty boy like me just as always hey Wink

If I don't get much chance to post then you have a good week Risca thumbsup

P.S. Lay off the booze and have a cuppa for a change

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 May 2015, 1:51 pm

munkian wrote:This is definitely going ahead, I don' think any other clubs will moan - and if they do it won't be so public.

Taking a feather from the PRL blueprint for success?

Crafty.. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 2:08 pm

Steffan wrote:More abusive messages off Risca at 4am in the morning Laugh

Won't be on here much this week as trying to sort out my Masters degree funding and application (more time to educate myself and all that)

I'm going to ask Cardiff Blues for a grant. Hopefully they are gonna pay for a Ponty boy like me just as always hey  Wink

Regards

A Masters? Wow. You'll have to brush up on your written work butt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 2:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Pyleboy65 wrote:You've got to laugh - when they take a player from other sides, it's local boy made good but when the Blues take their players there is uproar and the whole world will end. Another player they will claim that they developed but who actually came through Beddau!!

Pyleboy, I totally agree, the amount of players that "make it" at Cardiff Blues, but actually come from the valleys is astounding, and what people fail to realise is, that before regionalism, most of these valley players "made it" when they broke into the Pontypridd team, and that is what is so infuriating, when the Cardiff area start producing as many players for their region as the valleys do,then they can start shouting, but at the moment the are only producing a small % compared to what the valley teams are producing, yet the Cardiff Blues claim that all their players are nurtured through the Blues set-up.

Woosh

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 26 May 2015, 3:48 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Woosh

Ha ha ha ha...... I knew it, I posted this purposely to see if you would come on here and make a comment, I knew exactly what Pyleboy was getting at and I replied with a pedantic manner just to see how long it would take for you to say something. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 3:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

You sure of this LD or are you just making it up?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 3:52 pm

I'm going to ask Cardiff Blues for a grant. Hopefully they are gonna pay for a Ponty boy like me just as always hey  Wink

Regards

Agreed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 26 May 2015, 3:52 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:You sure of this LD or are you just making it up?

I was just reading that forum that was posted on this debate and that is the general consensus that I got from it, although, I was saying that just to see how long it would take Risca Rev to have a pop.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 26 May 2015, 4:03 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Woosh

Ha ha ha ha...... I knew it, I posted this purposely to see if you would come on here and make a comment, I knew exactly what Pyleboy was getting at and I replied with a pedantic manner just to see how long it would take for you to say something. Yahoo

Why?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 26 May 2015, 4:06 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Why?

i just wanted to prove something to myself, just to make sure I wasn't cracking up. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 4:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

i just wanted to prove something to myself, just to make sure I wasn't cracking up. Laugh

Wriggle, wriggle.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 5:04 pm

Like a Moonlight Shadow is Risca.
No need for "in the morning" btw.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 5:20 pm

Risca Rev wrote:

Regards

A Masters? Wow. You'll have to brush up on your written work butt.

In what though? Could be Mickey Mouse or a proper ology maybe. If it's Maths or Physics with Engineering, total respect.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 5:31 pm

Steffan wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Guess everything seems overpriced when you're used to getting stuff for free
I'm not entirely sure what that comment is meant to mean to be honest

You're fibbing I reckon. Have a stab, go on.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 26 May 2015, 5:34 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Guess everything seems overpriced when you're used to getting stuff for free

Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 6:07 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Well, sadly you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2015, 6:12 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Woosh

Why?

Because that's Dowlais for you. He's a top bloke.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 26 May 2015, 7:00 pm

That's just a bit childish to be honest. And I'd hardly call "woosh" a reply.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 26 May 2015, 7:42 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:In what though? Could be Mickey Mouse or a proper ology maybe. If it's Maths or Physics with Engineering, total respect
Masters in Heritage

So I guess to you that will be a bit wishy washy, for an intellectually challenged Ponty fan like myself it will feel like Maths or Physics with Engineering

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 May 2015, 9:05 pm

Is Mickeyology legal though?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 26 May 2015, 10:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:Is Mickeyology legal though?  
Not sure but I am hoping one day they bring in the Star Wars Tri-logy as a degree for me to do

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 May 2015, 7:20 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:In what though? Could be Mickey Mouse or a proper ology maybe. If it's Maths or Physics with Engineering, total respect
Masters in Heritage

So I guess to you that will be a bit wishy washy, for an intellectually challenged Ponty fan like myself it will feel like Maths or Physics with Engineering

If you think it'll open a door for you then go for it.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 27 May 2015, 7:23 pm

Steffan wrote:
Not sure but I am hoping one day they bring in the Star Wars Tri-logy as a degree for me to do

Try Swansea uni.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 28 May 2015, 8:42 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Try Swansea uni.

Bet he opts for Cardiff Met.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 01 Jun 2015, 4:14 pm

Welsh representation in next season's British and Irish Cup will be on the agenda at a meeting of the Principality Premiership clubs on Tuesday evening – with a warning from the league's sponsors ringing in their ears.

A row erupted last month when Pontypridd were angered by a proposal to change from one club from each region in the cross-border competition to the professional sides entering A teams.

Ponty chief executive Steve Reardon labelled the move a "conspiracy" and told the BBC: "We have an undeniable argument to continue to represent Wales in the British and Irish Cup and we are sadly disappointed that the regions have conspired to usurp the tournament from the Premiership clubs.

"It's very poor form, it's inconsiderate and disrespectful that they have sprung this on the Premiership clubs."

Welsh Rugby Union chairman Gareth Davies responded by stating that the changes were intended to bridge the gap between Premiership and full-time rugby for burgeoning academy talent.

The spat hasn't gone down well with the Principality Building Society, who have sponsored the Premiership since 2005 and have committed to backing the league in 2015/16.

In his speech at the annual league awards, chief executive Graeme Yorston expressed his dissatisfaction at the way the company's name was being associated with the row and urged all parties to conduct their business swiftly and behind closed doors rather than playing the matter out in public.

There was a meeting between Premiership officials and the Welsh Rugby Union last week, with Wales head coach Warren Gatland in attendance, and they will report to the clubs this evening.

There is a desire for the matter to be solved swiftly as the issue will have a knock-on effect on the rest of the league.

The current format – with regional qualifiers taking place in August – leaves eight clubs with huge holes in their fixture list.

In the long term, and if there is a shift to A sides in the British and Irish Cup, that could be solved by increasing the size of the Premiership.

It is possible that for the coming season four 'Regional Premiership Select' teams will be fielded comprising of full-timers, academy talent and promising club players.

While Ponty have been angered by the move for the professional quartet to take over control of the BIC there has been little uproar elsewhere, a situation shaped in Gwent by a slightly farcical 2014/15.

Cross Keys won the qualifying tournament against Newport, Bedwas and Ebbw Vale but all sides had already agreed to a heavy Dragons influence.

That led to regional coaches taking key roles in the management team and an influx of full-time players at the expense of regulars for clashes with Bedford, Doncaster and Cornish Pirates.

Newport rearranged Premiership fixtures and were subsequently left without their Dragons academy contingent, including influential captain Ollie Griffiths.

Nonetheless, the tournament has provided some memorable highs – Keys are the only Welsh side to have made the final, beaten by Munster A in Cork in 2012, while in the formative years of the competition the Black and Ambers enjoyed superb wins against Leinster A in Dublin, Exeter and the Pirates.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/13216647.Principality_boss_pushes_for_swift_and_quiet_end_to_British_and_Irish_Cup_spat/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 01 Jun 2015, 7:09 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Welsh representation in next season's British and Irish Cup will be on the agenda at a meeting of the Principality Premiership clubs on Tuesday evening – with a warning from the league's sponsors ringing in their ears.

A row erupted last month when Pontypridd were angered by a proposal to change from one club from each region in the cross-border competition to the professional sides entering A teams.

Ponty chief executive Steve Reardon labelled the move a "conspiracy" and told the BBC: "We have an undeniable argument to continue to represent Wales in the British and Irish Cup and we are sadly disappointed that the regions have conspired to usurp the tournament from the Premiership clubs.

"It's very poor form, it's inconsiderate and disrespectful that they have sprung this on the Premiership clubs."

Welsh Rugby Union chairman Gareth Davies responded by stating that the changes were intended to bridge the gap between Premiership and full-time rugby for burgeoning academy talent.

The spat hasn't gone down well with the Principality Building Society, who have sponsored the Premiership since 2005 and have committed to backing the league in 2015/16.

In his speech at the annual league awards, chief executive Graeme Yorston expressed his dissatisfaction at the way the company's name was being associated with the row and urged all parties to conduct their business swiftly and behind closed doors rather than playing the matter out in public.

There was a meeting between Premiership officials and the Welsh Rugby Union last week, with Wales head coach Warren Gatland in attendance, and they will report to the clubs this evening.

There is a desire for the matter to be solved swiftly as the issue will have a knock-on effect on the rest of the league.

The current format – with regional qualifiers taking place in August – leaves eight clubs with huge holes in their fixture list.

In the long term, and if there is a shift to A sides in the British and Irish Cup, that could be solved by increasing the size of the Premiership.

It is possible that for the coming season four 'Regional Premiership Select' teams will be fielded comprising of full-timers, academy talent and promising club players.

While Ponty have been angered by the move for the professional quartet to take over control of the BIC there has been little uproar elsewhere, a situation shaped in Gwent by a slightly farcical 2014/15.

Cross Keys won the qualifying tournament against Newport, Bedwas and Ebbw Vale but all sides had already agreed to a heavy Dragons influence.

That led to regional coaches taking key roles in the management team and an influx of full-time players at the expense of regulars for clashes with Bedford, Doncaster and Cornish Pirates.

Newport rearranged Premiership fixtures and were subsequently left without their Dragons academy contingent, including influential captain Ollie Griffiths.

Nonetheless, the tournament has provided some memorable highs – Keys are the only Welsh side to have made the final, beaten by Munster A in Cork in 2012, while in the formative years of the competition the Black and Ambers enjoyed superb wins against Leinster A in Dublin, Exeter and the Pirates.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/13216647.Principality_boss_pushes_for_swift_and_quiet_end_to_British_and_Irish_Cup_spat/

A row of our own making, it would seem to me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 01 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm

The 2015 World Rugby U20 Championship begins tomorrow btw (Tuesday 2 June).
Wales v France ko 15-30 live on S4C from Calvisano....
http://www.s4c.cymru/e_listings.shtml?dt=2015-06-02

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:29 pm

While I understand Pontypridd's stance to a certain extent, from a Welsh rugby perspective I think regional A teams would be better. If Cross Keys, for example, were Gwent's best team and represented Gwent in the B&I cup then that would be great, but would not give higher level or 'stepping stone' exposure to some very talented lads at Newport, Ebbw Vale or Bedwas. The likes of Ollie Griffiths and Ashton Hewitt from Newport could force their way into a regional A team, but may be excluded if only Cross Keys wre involved. Or, it would mean that Cross Keys are 'leaned on' to include talent from those other teams which makes a mockery of Cross Keys representing Gwent and offends Cross Keys players bumped aside as it's not the Cross Keys that earned the right in the first place (as the article mentions, this happened last year).

With regional A teams we're able to pick a dream team of regional players from the Welsh Prem without the need to parachute players into teams and without the need to focus on just one side to the detriment of the others in the region. Furthermore, we can select a regional dream team of coaches to lead this team in the B&I cup, thus also exposing coaching talent to a higher level and cross-border competiton.

I get the feeling that Pontypridd see winning the league as earning the right to represent Pontypridd in the B&I cup. But they forget their place in the Welsh rugby system: they've earned the right to represent their region. And the fact that, in my opinion, they don't belive in this or are not prepared to accept it has in part led to this change of approach from the WRU.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:34 pm

I like that idea Griff and think that's how the A sides should work i.e. a dream team so to speak selected form teams within that Region.

One other idea I thought of and not sure if its been raised but could there be the chance of us putting 5 teams in the B&I cup? The 4 Regions plus the winner of the Premiership, that way teams in the Premiership would have some extra to play for.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm

Ah, been saying this for well over a year, and now people are coming around to the idea. Why more people don't just take the advice of The Saint on board is baffling...

bedfordwelsh wrote:One other idea I thought of and not sure if its been raised but could there be the chance of us putting 5 teams in the B&I cup? The 4 Regions plus the winner of the Premiership, that way teams in the Premiership would have some extra to play for.

Nah, just wouldn't work. And kind of contrasts and contradicts the whole point of putting Regional A teams in the B&I cup.

Impressed Newport RFC beat Leinster A and the Pirates given how poor they've been though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm

The Newport wins were back in 2010-11 I think, Saint. We were slightly better then. Slightly Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:58 pm

Yeah that had me confused (not hard I know) because I didnt think Newport represented Gwent in the B&I its been Keys the last few seasons and they got to the final few seasons back.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm

The A Teams might not be called A Teams no. They might be called regional select XVs

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 12:51 pm

Hope our friends from Sardis enjoy supporting the Blues premiership XV next season. You've got your wish. No regional A's

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next