The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional A teams

+29
Welsh Magician
Fanster
Irish Londoner
Bluedragon
Shifty
Stone Motif
Luckless Pedestrian
XR
GavinDragon
dragon4life
Jimmy Moz
SecretFly
LordDowlais
glamorganalun
Welshmushroom
Jenifer McLadyboy
Pyleboy65
doctor_grey
Steffan
The Saint
offload
Coleman
wayne
Chunky Norwich
ScarletSpiderman
munkian
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
doctornickolas
33 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Regional A teams - Page 10 Empty Regional A teams

Post by doctornickolas Tue 12 May - 23:04

First topic message reminder :

http://www.ponty.net/ponty-rugby-ltd-statement0?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

It looks like the superclubs have now hijacked the B&I Cup for themselves now that the LV is over.

Richard Holland is about as slimy as you get. Look at the email he sent. What a tool.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Regional A teams - Page 10 Empty Re: Regional A teams

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 Jun - 12:51

I would like to see the following teams:-

North Wales
Mid Wales/Valleys
East Wales
West Wales

That would be perfect. But I do not think the super clubs would like it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun - 12:56

LordDowlais wrote:I would like to see the following teams:-

North Wales
Mid Wales/Valleys
East Wales
West Wales

Apparently this was similar to a plan Josh Lewsey came up with but Gareth Davies has to look after his mates so stuck with the status quo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon 22 Jun - 13:02

the funny thing is take away peter thomas and martyn hazell and it could probably work

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun - 13:07

GavinDragon wrote:the funny thing is take away peter thomas and martyn hazell and it could probably work
True. Sadly I think a regional reform will never happen now and this like it or lump it system is here to stay

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Mon 22 Jun - 13:24

Steffan wrote:

North Wales
Mid Wales/Valleys
East Wales
West Wales

Apparently this was similar to a plan Josh Lewsey came up with but Gareth Davies has to look after his mates so stuck with the status quo
Nope.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 22 Jun - 13:39

Steffan wrote:I would love East Wales and West Wales regions playing out of Swansea and Cardiff but taking some games on the road. Back that up with regional 'A' teams and a strong Premiership of about 10 teams and I think domestic Welsh rugby would be awesome

This is just my opinion ofcourse and no doubt people will find flaws in this plan (or petty insults and grammar corrections in the case of one little troll) but this is what I think would be best for everyone

I agree, with the exception of Swansea being West, purely down to it being Geographically (and culturally) not West.

Four regions that are actually real regions of the country, and not just big town/city teams, with a proper boundaries that are well understood by the people who live within them. Then supported by a solid Regional A structure, and a fully amateur welsh premiership. Where players inside the premiership are playing for the love of the game, and pride in their local team.

P.s. you forgot the space in of course furious
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 22 Jun - 13:41

Can we get a new regional team called Ponty A, it's going to represent Pontypridd and Merthyr, and play all its games at Sardis road where the team is dressed in white and black.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun - 13:45

The Saint wrote:Can we get a new regional team called Ponty A, it's going to represent Pontypridd and Merthyr, and play all its games at Sardis road where the team is dressed in white and black.
The Saint incapable or discussing regional rugby without making stupid comments meant to wind up other members

There'a a surprise...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 Jun - 13:46

Steffan wrote:
The Saint wrote:Can we get a new regional team called Ponty A, it's going to represent Pontypridd and Merthyr, and play all its games at Sardis road where the team is dressed in white and black.
The Saint incapable or discussing regional rugby without making stupid comments meant to wind up other members

There'a a surprise...

That's the Saint for you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 22 Jun - 13:49

Looks like I got the two bites I was after Wink. Stay off our rugby thread peasent, us real rugby fans don't want you ruining the Dragons thread like you do every thread you comment on.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 22 Jun - 18:01

Steffan wrote:

There'a a surprise...

Pro Rugby Wales (PRW) now Steff.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun - 18:02

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

There'a a surprise...

Ah ok. Does that mean we can stop using the stupid and false word Reeeeeeeeejuns now then to describe the 4 not so super clubs?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 22 Jun - 18:06

LordDowlais wrote:
Steffan wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Ponty want Ponty at the top tree of Welsh rugby nothing else is acceptable to them.
Not me. Why I would love from a personal point of view to see Ponty at the top I accept in the current rugby economic climate it would not work unless Ponty had some millionaire investor willing to part with their money. While I will always be a Ponty fan...give me a real region and I will support it. Just don't expect me to chant 'Kaaaaaidiff' down at the Arms Park

Cardiff Blues do not even exist, they still operate under the name Cardiff RFC. Cardiff Blues are just a name they play under.

"Cardiff Blues" now and the Prem team are "Cardiff Rugby". Something like that. All changed a few months ago apparently. No idea why.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 22 Jun - 18:10

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

There'a a surprise...

Ah ok. Does that mean we can stop using the stupid and false word Reeeeeeeeejuns now then to describe the 4 not so super clubs?

Stop whenever you like mun, although I still use "Cardiff reejun" to state my location on this forum.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 22 Jun - 19:00

North Wales
Mid Wales/Valleys
East Wales
West Wales

Didn't we endure something like what you suggest, back in 2002?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun - 19:08

What system would like to be in place then Dave?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 22 Jun - 19:34

Steffan wrote:What system would like to be in place then Dave?

Not much wrong with the system that we have already and the intro of development teams is another step forward. It's how everything is sold is a big prob plus we need to split the pro and amateur games for certain.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun - 19:39

I wonder what the "our region" select 15 will be called

The Piemen or something at this rate

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 22 Jun - 19:50

Steffan wrote:I wonder what the "our region" select 15 will be called

The Piemen or something at this rate

A "We're not Cardiff, honest, premiership select XV" type fudge up I reckon playing in pastell colours of some description.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 23 Jun - 8:33

Saint, Steffan, gwlad LordDowlais et al - your constant bickering is causing us to have to lock threads and ruin the place for everbody.

I really don't give a crap who started it, who is the one 'constantly wumming' or all the accusations that you keep all throwing at each other, if you can't talk in a civilised manner then either foe each other or just ignore each other.

There's been too many warnings on this and we've just had enough - any more of the posts described above will lead to a ban, no questions asked.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:25

North Wales
Mid Wales/Valleys
East Wales
West Wales

Of course they wouldn't like it - it would effectively mean them going out of business after 130 years.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 9:31

Chunky Norwich wrote:

North Wales
Mid Wales/Valleys
East Wales
West Wales

Of course they wouldn't like it - it would effectively mean them going out of business after 130 years.

Wouldn't the money men behind them move on to the 'new' region, and the club still exist in the premiership? So it would just be a case of them rebranding.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:34

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Wouldn't the money men behind them move on to the 'new' region, and the club still exist in the premiership?  So it would just be a case of them rebranding.

Depends. If the new region is called the Scarlets and plays at Parc y Scarlets in Scarlet then yes.

If not, then no.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 9:40

Chunky Norwich wrote:Of course they wouldn't like it - it would effectively mean them going out of business after 130 years.

How are they going to be going out of business ? The clubs still exist in the Prem don't they ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 9:41

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Wouldn't the money men behind them move on to the 'new' region, and the club still exist in the premiership?  So it would just be a case of them rebranding.

Depends. If the new region is called the Scarlets and plays at Parc y Scarlets in Scarlet then yes.

If not, then no.

If the new region were called Dyfyd Dymano and played in PYS, Church Bank and Camarthen Park, and they played in lime green, then it would still be the same team rebranded.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:41

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Of course they wouldn't like it - it would effectively mean them going out of business after 130 years.

How are they going to be going out of business ? The clubs still exist in the Prem don't they ?

Do you think the 15,000 stadium would be able to be kept running with 400 people turning up every fortnight?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:41

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

If not, then no.

If the new region were called Dyfyd Dymano and played in PYS, Church Bank and Camarthen Park, and they played in lime green, then it would still be the same team rebranded.

Yep. And you'd have half the fans, and half the benefactors. If you're lucky.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 9:44

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

If not, then no.

Yep. And you'd have half the fans, and half the benefactors. If you're lucky.

Really? So your putting all the Scarlets fans in the same bracket as Ponty fans? We will only turn up if we can get things exactly as we want, if not we will sulk?

I would prey that your off the mark on that.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 9:48

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Do you think the 15,000 stadium would be able to be kept running with 400 people turning up every fortnight?

But the region would be playing in that stadium as well, look, Scarlets are not supposed to be Llanelli.

Llanelli RFC still exist, they have done for 130 years, Scarlets have only been in existence for just over a decade, they are supposed to be two separate entities, this is what the argument is here, are they the same or not ? If they are the same, then people like the nutcases at Pontypridd have every right to behave like they are.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:50

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Really?  So your putting all the Scarlets fans in the same bracket as Ponty fans?  We will only turn up if we can get things exactly as we want, if not we will sulk?

It's a guess. I don't know anybody that I go to the Scarlets games wih, that feels any other way.

I have a rugby team. I support it. If that rugby team goes away, I'll probably go and watch Glamorgan cricket instead. This is why I initially had massive sympathy with Pontyprdd fans. Beign "told2 to support a team after supporting another one all your life is a tall order.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 9:51

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Really? So your putting all the Scarlets fans in the same bracket as Ponty fans? We will only turn up if we can get things exactly as we want, if not we will sulk?

If Llanelli were forced to join with Neath and Swansea and were forced to go to Swansea to watch "their" region, I wager everything I own, that the Llanelli fans would be behaving exactly like the Pontypidd fans are now, after all, we all saw how you behaved when we were starting up the regional game.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:52

LordDowlais wrote:

But the region would be playing in that stadium as well, look, Scarlets are not supposed to be Llanelli.

Then the Ospreys go out of business?

Llanelli RFC still exist, they have done for 130 years, Scarlets have only been in existence for just over a decade, they are supposed to be two separate entities, this is what the argument is here, are they the same or not ? If they are the same, then people like the nutcases at Pontypridd have every right to behave like they are.

They're clealry not the same, they play at different levels.

20 years ago I supported a 1st class team, playing in red, in Llanelli called the Scarlets.
Today, I support a 1st class team, playing in red, in Llanelli called the Scarlets.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:53

LordDowlais wrote: we all saw how you behaved when we were starting up the regional game.

How did I behave?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 9:54

Chunky Norwich wrote:Then the Ospreys go out of business?

Why ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:56

LordDowlais wrote:

Why ?

You said there was one West Wales region. You said it was playign from PyS. Where do the Ospreys fit in?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 9:57

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: we all saw how you behaved when we were starting up the regional game.

How did I behave?

Sorry I do not mean you personally, I was generalising as I meant Llanelli fans. I remember the protests and the the threats of taking an already bankrupt WRU to court. There was bloody murder down at Stradey because they thought they would have to merge with their fiercest rivals to create a region, but they won in the end and stood alone. One could only imagine how they would be behaving now if they were told they had to go to Swansea to watch their team play.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 9:59

LordDowlais wrote:

Sorry I do not mean you personally, I was generalising as I meant Llanelli fans. I remember the protests and the the threats of taking an already bankrupt WRU to court. There was bloody murder down at Stradey because they thought they would have to merge with their fiercest rivals to create a region, but they won in the end and stood alone. One could only imagine how they would be behaving now if they were told they had to go to Swansea to watch their team play.

So you expect every business to lay down and die if they are told to "fold" voluntarily?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 10:01

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Why ?

You said there was one West Wales region. You said it was playign from PyS. Where do the Ospreys fit in?

Now what I meant was, you STILL have Llanelli RFC, they are not needed to run the stadium on their own, as you have Scarlets as well. The two sides are supposed to be two separate entities, you would not lose 130 years of history because Llanelli RFC still exist. Unless like me, you see no difference between the two, and Scarlets should just come clean and admit they are not a region, but a super club.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 10:11

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

So you expect every business to lay down and die if they are told to "fold" voluntarily?

No I do not, why are you saying that ? This is what I am trying to say, people are calling the Pontypridd fans vile, and a virus of Welsh rugby, yet they are expected to do exactly what you are saying, and then go and support Cardiff RFC in Cardiff, whilst warring the blue of Cardiff RFC.

Only in Wales.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 10:12

LordDowlais wrote:

Now what I meant was, you STILL have Llanelli RFC, they are not needed to run the stadium on their own, as you have Scarlets as well. The two sides are supposed to be two separate entities, you would not lose 130 years of history because Llanelli RFC still exist. Unless like me, you see no difference between the two, and Scarlets should just come clean and admit they are not a region, but a super club.

The Scarlets are a pro side. Call them a superclub / region. Makes no odds.

So in this west wales region you dream of, one of the Ospreys / Scarlets will be forced out of business yes?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 10:13

LordDowlais wrote:

No I do not, why are you saying that ? This is what I am trying to say, people are calling the Pontypridd fans vile, and a virus of Welsh rugby, yet they are expected to do exactly what you are saying, and then go and support Cardiff RFC in Cardiff, whilst warring the blue of Cardiff RFC.

Only in Wales.

We'vbe done this time and time again. It's the anti-regional Pontypridd bile that is distatseful. I expect them to be hostile towards the Blues, but they chastise every single regional facet. Yet the irony is, they want to be one. Pathetic club.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 10:21

Chunky Norwich wrote:So in this west wales region you dream of, one of the Ospreys / Scarlets will be forced out of business yes?

I dream of West Wales, East Wales, Mid Wales, North Wales. No clubs will go out of business, because they would still exist, but the regions would play in the Pro 12 and in Europe. If you want to support Llanelli RFC you would have to watch them in the Welsh prem, and they would be supplying players for their region.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 10:27

LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Really? So your putting all the Scarlets fans in the same bracket as Ponty fans? We will only turn up if we can get things exactly as we want, if not we will sulk?

If Llanelli were forced to join with Neath and Swansea and were forced to go to Swansea to watch "their" region, I wager everything I own, that the Llanelli fans would be behaving exactly like the Pontypidd fans are now, after all, we all saw how you behaved when we were starting up the regional game.

It all depends really. If the Scarlets and Ospreys were to be merged, and they were to play at the Library, I probably would not go up to watch them on a regular basis. Mainly based on the grounds that I am not willing to leave my car in Swansea for any reason at all.

As for this whole eleven/twelve years ago, the Llanelli RFC fans did this, or did that, or the other. Really? Have you got nothing better to do than to keep banging on about the past?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 10:28

Chunky Norwich wrote:

How did I behave?

Pretty much my thoughts on that comment to.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 23 Jun - 10:29

LordDowlais wrote:

I dream of West Wales, East Wales, Mid Wales, North Wales. No clubs will go out of business, because they would still exist, but the regions would play in the Pro 12 and in Europe. If you want to support Llanelli RFC you would have to watch them in the Welsh prem, and they would be supplying players for their region.

Sorry. Can't get my head around this.

You want: West Wales, East Wales, Mid Wales, North Wales

What competition would the Ospreys play in?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 10:30

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

How did I behave?

Nothing at all to do with the fact that Swansea is not geographically west wales, no matter what people who live in the east think. god knows how many times this has been told to you and others on here, or how many times it will be told to you again before you can get your heads around it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue 23 Jun - 10:31

Of for god sake man stop acting the fool you know what he is proposing

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 23 Jun - 10:32

East Wales - Blues & Dragons
Mid Wales (Aka South) - Ospreys
West Wales - Scarlets
North Wales - RGC

Get a bleeding map out and look!
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 10:35

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Nothing at all to do with the fact that Swansea is not geographically west wales

Where is it then ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 23 Jun - 10:43

ScarletSpiderman wrote:East Wales - Blues & Dragons
Mid Wales (Aka South) - Ospreys
West Wales - Scarlets
North Wales - RGC

Get a bleeding map out and look!

No, this is how I see it:-

Mid Wales:- All the valleys, Mid Glamorgan, North Gwent, Neath, Bridgend, Brecon, Newtown all of Powys.
West Wales:- Llanelli and Swansea, West Glamorgan all of Dyfed.
East Wales:- Cardiff and Newport, all of Monmothshire and all of the Vale of Glamorgan.
North Wales:- Everything left up north. Anglesey, Clwyd, Gwynedd.

That would be my dream. But alas, I cannot see this ever happening.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next