The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional A teams

+29
Welsh Magician
Fanster
Irish Londoner
Bluedragon
Shifty
Stone Motif
Luckless Pedestrian
XR
GavinDragon
dragon4life
Jimmy Moz
SecretFly
LordDowlais
glamorganalun
Welshmushroom
Jenifer McLadyboy
Pyleboy65
doctor_grey
Steffan
The Saint
offload
Coleman
wayne
Chunky Norwich
ScarletSpiderman
munkian
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
doctornickolas
33 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Regional A teams - Page 15 Empty Regional A teams

Post by doctornickolas Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.ponty.net/ponty-rugby-ltd-statement0?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

It looks like the superclubs have now hijacked the B&I Cup for themselves now that the LV is over.

Richard Holland is about as slimy as you get. Look at the email he sent. What a tool.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Regional A teams - Page 15 Empty Re: Regional A teams

Post by Fanster Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Fanster wrote:Maybe if you left LLanelli once in a while and saw the outside world you would understand what I mean?

clap  clap  clap

Point proven my friend, game set and match.

clap  clap  clap

Laugh Everything west of Swansea is Llanelli to me, Llanelli, nothing Haverford lol

And it wasn't meant to sound so aggressive in my head

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:26 pm

either way I wonder this debate will ever die down?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:29 pm

Fanster wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Fanster wrote:Maybe if you left LLanelli once in a while and saw the outside world you would understand what I mean?

clap  clap  clap

clap  clap  clap

Laugh  Everything west of Swansea is Llanelli to me, Llanelli, nothing Haverford lol

And that is what I was saying. Your ignorant of what is actually there (whether it is intentional or not). You can not judge things, and pass comment about them when you know very little. It is even worse when you are trying to inform people who are in a position of far greater knowledge that they are wrong. If you have a look on here the majority of Dragons fans are not from Newport, and 1/2 of the Scarlets fans are not from Llanelli (ok there are only two of us left now), so that should give you an indication of the fact these are regions and are supported by the regional fans.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm not even sure what i'm debating on this thread, that I know as little about Scarletspiderman than he does about me!

Oh and that I can see both sides of the argument that regional rugby is a 'sham'.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:31 pm

GavinDragon wrote:either way I wonder this debate will ever die down?
The actual concept of the "regional" debate will probably never die down as there are so many rugby fans in Wales unhappy with the current system but as for this forum I think once next season and the RWC kicks off we will all have more to talk about

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Wasn't the debate settled last week?

16 team prem (8 team pools, by mid season)
Prem Cup
Prem Select XV in the B&I (aka Regional A teams).

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Despite no B&I Cup games to watch anymore I am quite looking forward to next season of domestic rugby. I will be watching Ponty as normal but also looking forward to the Aviva Premiership again and with Bath possibly having a Welsh 8, 9 & 10 I guess they can get my armchair support as will Gloucester

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:38 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Fanster wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

clap  clap  clap

clap  clap  clap

Laugh  Everything west of Swansea is Llanelli to me, Llanelli, nothing Haverford lol

And that is what I was saying.  Your ignorant of what is actually there (whether it is intentional or not).  You can not judge things, and pass comment about them when you know very little.  It is even worse when you are trying to inform people who are in a position of far greater knowledge that they are wrong.  If you have a look on here the majority of Dragons fans are not from Newport, and 1/2 of the Scarlets fans are not from Llanelli (ok there are only two of us left now), so that should give you an indication of the fact these are regions and are supported by the regional fans.

I'm ignorant of what is west of Llanelli because I say there is nothing? Leave it out, if you have no sense of humour I can deal with that, if your a hardline regional apologist I can deal with that, even if your ignorant enough to call a guy you know 2 facts about, and have never met or even spoken to I could also eal with that, I mean everyones a keyboard warrior, however the idea that i've tried to 'inform' anyone is just laughable. The fact you have that as your default mindset tells me all I need to know, there is no winning the internet, there is no telling people what to think, there are opinions, facts and what we all blindly believe is the truth, usually because someone of who you perceive as note tells you to think it.

For the Scarlets fans i've met on here, I've met 20 times more in real life, and the majority not from Llanelli are usually indifferent to Llanelli, meaning they don't get to go, through numerous reasons, and have never really had a top club but will settle for watching pro rugby when they can. And most of these are at away games, I've only been to Parc 4 times and well most I've met were die hards from nearby (Even went to one dudes house with the family for beers after the game once, good times).

Lets just agree to disagree, Scarlets are in no way affiliated with Llanelli, don't celebrate Llanelli's past, don't play as Llanelli's nickname and are a true region, of which by the way I never disputed, you asked what Ospreys did to be different and got offended when I told you.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:41 pm

Fanster, can you let me know where you've parked your car please (See earlier in the thread and it will make sense).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fanster, can you let me know where you've parked your car please (See earlier in the thread and it will make sense).
His car is a white Fiesta. You shouldn't have too much problem finding it as out of the 18 cars PARCed (see what I did there) in PYS on a match day its the only Fiesta there thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Steffan wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fanster, can you let me know where you've parked your car please (See earlier in the thread and it will make sense).
His car is a white Fiesta. You shouldn't have too much problem finding it as out of the 18 cars PARCed (see what I did there) in PYS on a match day its the only Fiesta there thumbsup

drumroll
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:52 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Wasn't the debate settled last week?

16 team prem (8 team pools, by mid season)
Prem Cup
Prem Select XV in the B&I (aka Regional A teams).

I was referring to the general debate over structure of domestic rugby.

I think Steffan is right when we have some actual rugby to comment on it will die down.

I am looking forward to taking the family over to RP for Dragons matches - will try and go see some of the regional select games at the other Gwent grounds as well

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Parking at Sardis Road is free by the way for 2 reasons:

1) RCT council still haven't fixed the ticket machine

2) The attendant is actually at the game rather than checking for tickets

Everyone's a winner baby

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Steffan wrote:

drumroll

Laugh

Sadly I have given the Fiesta to my nephew, who quickly removed the alloy wheels, sports bumper, under car blue tints and blacked out window sheeting...

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Parking near Rodney Parade is free, if you're prepared to gamble on all your windows remaining intact etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Parking near Rodney Parade is free, if you're prepared to gamble on all your windows remaining intact etc.

Where can you park for free by Rodney parade? I've always parked in the Kingsway and walked down...

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Fanster wrote:I'm not sure why the Dragons, Blues or Scarlets would have to revert to what they already are, 'regions' based upon club history. I know all regions do things in their region to help rugby, but the polish on the car is clearly Llanelli, Cardiff and Newport (+ friends), surely people from outside these towns and cities understands that?

I think you really need to get out and about amongst these faux regions that you are claiming.  Mix with the people, see what is getting done and what isn't, and then maybe, just maybe you will have a clue about what you are posting.  Because right now your looking like someone who has rad a few little snippets of information here and there, and are trying to tell people in the know that they know nothing!

What Fanster has typed is about right though isn't it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Fanster wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

clap  clap  clap

clap  clap  clap

And that is what I was saying.  Your ignorant of what is actually there (whether it is intentional or not).  You can not judge things, and pass comment about them when you know very little.  It is even worse when you are trying to inform people who are in a position of far greater knowledge that they are wrong.  If you have a look on here the majority of Dragons fans are not from Newport, and 1/2 of the Scarlets fans are not from Llanelli (ok there are only two of us left now), so that should give you an indication of the fact these are regions and are supported by the regional fans.

Always been the case though SS that the pro teams we have now (and pre-regionalism), attracted support from outside the box. You said so in a post very recently. Didn't need silly made up boundaries back then either.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Always been the case though SS that the pro teams we have now (and pre-regionalism), attracted support from outside the box. You said so in a post very recently. Didn't need silly made up boundaries back then either
Exactly Dave. Llanelli RFC have always attracted people from further afield such as Pembrokeshire. Calling themselves by the long standing nickname and moving 5 minutes down the road doesn't exactly make them 'a region embracing its catchment area' all of a sudden

Seems like only yesterday they were claiming to be the "region" for North Wales...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Always been the case though SS that the pro teams we have now (and pre-regionalism), attracted support from outside the box. You said so in a post very recently. Didn't need silly made up boundaries back then either
Exactly Dave. Llanelli RFC have always attracted people from further afield such as Pembrokeshire. Calling themselves by the long standing nickname and moving 5 minutes down the road doesn't exactly make them 'a region embracing its catchment area' all of a sudden

Seems like only yesterday they were claiming to be the "region" for North Wales...

Scousers almost.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Scousers almost.
Yeah I heard that next season all Scarlets games against English sides are going to be played at Anfield

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Scousers almost.
Yeah I heard that next season all Scarlets games against English sides are going to be played at Anfield

Sospans on top of the goal posts too?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Steffan wrote:

So if they are drawing support from a geographic region. How does it make them a superclub, surely you mean that Llanelli RFC were actually not a club but a region in club clothing?

As for the North, we did play in Wrexham, until we were asked not to, so they could push for RGC to exist.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:15 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Steffan wrote:

So if they are drawing support from a geographic region.  How does it make them a superclub, surely you mean that Llanelli RFC were actually not a club but a region in club clothing?

As for the North, we did play in Wrexham, until we were asked not to, so they could push for RGC to exist.

The Scarlets are Llanelli RFC though mun.
They stoodalone and still do and good for them too. No point getting uncool and heavy about it. Like the sospans btw.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 pm

Dai, they are an odd case as they were regional in the pre-regional era, so arguably still a club (but a club which was a region).  But for the sake of the argument, they have done as much since their first regional game to be classed as a region as the Ospreys.  Changed their name, played in different areas of the region, and moved to a new regional home stadium.  So saying the Ospreys are better than the rest as some clowns claim is a bit rich. (Well bar results)

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dai, they are an odd case regional pre-regional, so arguably still a club (but a club which was a region).  But for the sake of the argument, they have done as much since their first regional game to be classed as a region as the Ospreys.  Changed their name, played in different areas of the region, and moved to a new regional home stadium.  So saying the Ospreys are better than the rest as some clowns claim is a bit rich. (Well bar results)

Nowt to argue about though. Scarlets are Llanelli.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Basically if "regional" rugby collapsed tomorrow and we went back to a club system in some shape or form then any result the Scarlets have had since 2003 would be classed as a Llanelli result

No one is saying that they don't do stuff for a wider area...but Scarlets are Llanelli...simple as

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Steff, the argument I was countering is if we went down the licence route, Scarlets, Dragons, Blues would be up for 'relegation' but the Ospreys wouldnt. That just doesn't add up.

Also there was a poster saying that they don't, and its purely the town itself. I shouldn't have bit to that mind.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:43 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Steff, the argument I was countering is if we went down the licence route, Scarlets, Dragons, Blues would be up for 'relegation' but the Ospreys wouldnt
Personally I think the Ospreys could be the first region to go if it did happen unless Swansea RFC took some control over them and called themselves Swansea Ospreys or something

The Dragons, Blues and Scarlets could all continue playing as Newport, Cardiff and Llanelli as profesional clubs if the regional setup collapsed but with the Os it might not be so simple

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:58 pm

I'm not so sure. After the Cuddy Hawkes war, Neath was almost cut out of the region. Although then again they have made strides to include Bridgend which would make it harder.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:15 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Steff, the argument I was countering is if we went down the licence route, Scarlets, Dragons, Blues would be up for 'relegation' but the Ospreys wouldnt.  That just doesn't add up.

Also there was a poster saying that they don't, and its purely the town itself.  I shouldn't have bit to that mind.

any pro side would be up for 'relegation' if they weren't meeting their requirements and there was another viable option.

The Ospreys are too far down the path, with a stable brand and support base to revert to old club names.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Steff, the argument I was countering is if we went down the licence route, Scarlets, Dragons, Blues would be up for 'relegation' but the Ospreys wouldnt.  That just doesn't add up.

Also there was a poster saying that they don't, and its purely the town itself.  I shouldn't have bit to that mind.

Not entirely true though is it, I asked the question of someone else, and you asked me what the reasons were for not including the Ospreys, which I said I didn't know but off the top of my head I gave you 3 extremely valid reasons, it went on from there.

Lets at least be honest about why we're arguing, you can't win the internet, nd manipulation of the truth doesn't help anyone.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

I agree that there is only one side that looks anything like a region, but they are still playing in Swansea. For my liking Scarlets are STILL Llanelli, Newport Gwent Dragons are STILL Newport, and Cardiff Blues have at least never had the audacity to pretend they are anything different from Cardiff RFC.

I challenge any fan to tell me different, and then tell me that the teams that beat the All Blacks back in the day are not part of the "regions" history. Scarlets still play in Llanelli in the same colours and sing the same songs and the what not, Dragons still play in Newport they still where the same coulours and the what not, in fact the only one's you can respect are Cardiff, they have never pretended to be anything different than Cardiff RFC, they paid to be stand alone, and that is how they want it.

But, we are stuck with what we have now, so we might as well get on with it, unless we want to throw 13yrs down the pan, and start again, no thanks, I will support what we have. Might I also add though, I think a lot of regional fans will be lost to the premiership next year with the way they are changing it, I will deffo be watching more Merthyr games, and I think a few others from Pontypool and RGC will be watching more premiership as well, it looks as though it will be a very interesting league.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
But, we are stuck with what we have now, so we might as well get on with it.

Yup.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

LordDowlais wrote:I agree that there is only one side that looks anything like a region, but they are still playing in Swansea. For my liking Scarlets are STILL Llanelli, Newport Gwent Dragons are STILL Newport, and Cardiff Blues have at least never had the audacity to pretend they are anything different from Cardiff RFC.

I challenge any fan to tell me different, and then tell me that the teams that beat the All Blacks back in the day are not part of the "regions" history. Scarlets still play in Llanelli in the same colours and sing the same songs and the what not, Dragons still play in Newport they still where the same coulours and the what not, in fact the only one's you can respect are Cardiff, they have never pretended to be anything different than Cardiff RFC, they paid to be stand alone, and that is how they want it.

But, we are stuck with what we have now, so we might as well get on with it, unless we want to throw 13yrs down the pan, and start again, no thanks, I will support what we have. Might I also add though, I think a lot of regional fans will be lost to the premiership next year with the way they are changing it, I will deffo be watching more Merthyr games, and I think a few others from Pontypool and RGC will be watching more premiership as well, it looks as though it will be a very interesting league.

But the question remains, what would you rather sacrifice, the last 13 years, or the next 50?

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

Why do you persist with this same colours nonsense when it comes to Dragons? Have you looked at their website and seen anything Dragons related pre 2003? Check the past players if you don't believe me.

How will regional fans be lost to the Premiership? That makes little sense.

Last edited by Risca Rev on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:08 am

Risca Rev wrote:Why do you persist with this same colours nonsense when it comes to Dragons? Have you looked at their website and seen anything Dragons related per 2003? Check the past players if you don't believe me.

How will regional fans be lost to the Premiership? That makes little sense.

Risca, the dominant colours on the home jerseys for Dragons is black and amber, and the dominant colours on the Newport Jerseys were black and amber, they might have different designs, like Cardiff, but they are still the same colours, that is why I keep on with it.

As for the premiership, I do not mean that regional fans will be lost, as in fans who are already supporting a region, I mean any extra potential fans will be lost, because they will now be jumping on the bandwagon of promotion, and for me, the league structure for next season looks quite juicy, I will be paying a lot more interest to it next season.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:26 am

The dominant colours are not black and amber. There's more red on it than amber. So you can stop persisting now.

https://shop.rodneyparade.com/Shop-Products.ink?categoryID=321

Just because you will be paying more attention, doesn't mean some person from pontypool is going to watch more Pooler games over Dragons. They might be going up a league, but they're still semi pro. They also play on different days generally

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:54 am

Risca Rev wrote:They also play on different days generally

That is one thing that really gets me though. People saying that there should be no excuse, the regions and clubs kick off at different times, I support both my club and region ect.

The thing is, the average person does not have the time/money/recourses to support two teams, it is one or the other for most.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:57 am

Risca Rev wrote:The dominant colours are not black and amber. There's more red on it than amber. So you can stop persisting now.

That new top is a very nice top, and yes you are correct, there is more red than amber on it, more so than in the past. What club in the region does the red represent ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:07 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:The dominant colours are not black and amber. There's more red on it than amber. So you can stop persisting now.

That new top is a very nice top, and yes you are correct, there is more red than amber on it, more so than in the past. What club in the region does the red represent ?

Does it have to represent a club in the region? Can it not just be red is same colour as the Dragons logo, and goes well with black?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:12 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Does it have to represent a club in the region? Can it not just be red is same colour as the Dragons logo, and goes well with black?

I suppose so, but its not very regional is it ? But I suppose you say this because Scarlets still play in Llanelli tops.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 am

LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Does it have to represent a club in the region? Can it not just be red is same colour as the Dragons logo, and goes well with black?

I suppose so, but its not very regional is it ? But I suppose you say this because Scarlets still play in Llanelli tops.

Yes I guess I do. After all I am one of those arrogant stand alone side fans.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:17 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Yes I guess I do. After all I am one of those arrogant stand alone side fans.

I don't think you are arrogant. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:20 am

LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Yes I guess I do. After all I am one of those arrogant stand alone side fans.

I don't think you are arrogant. thumbsup

Damn text based communication.  That was meant to read

Yes I guess I do. After all I am one of those 'arrogant-stand-alone-side' fans.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:36 am

SS, I think you are missing the point, well my point anyway, I do not think the fans, or the regional set-ups themselves are arrogant, I just think, that if they want to be called regions, then there is a lot more they can do, and I do not mean the big things like interacting with the community and the what not, I mean the subtle things like incorporating team colours from around the region into the kits, like Ospreys have done with the white of Swansea, black of Neath, green of Aberavon ect. Even if they use the colours on the socks or shorts.

They can also not use the history of the clubs that they are not supposed to be, I remember watching something on the tele last year, and they were on about how Scarlets beat the All Blacks in the seventies, ok it could be part of the regions history, as it could be part of Welsh rugby's history, but it is not Scarlets history as the All Blacks have never played Scarlets.

You must understand these subtle issues, however petty they might be, but they do make a difference to how people see you and see what you represent. Scarlets play in red, like Llanelli did/do, they play their rugby in Llanelli, like Llanelli did/do, they still use the history of Llanelli RFC as their own so what is the difference ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:50 am

Lord, the thing with subtly is that when it is done right you don't even notice it is done at all. Have you seen all the regional clubs are written on the signs on the East and West Stands at PYS for instance, as well as at the front of the stadium by the statue of Grav? Every single club in the region is honoured in that way. The same as the kids at half time playing tag rugby etc.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:00 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Lord, the thing with subtly is that when it is done right you don't even notice it is done at all.  Have you seen all the regional clubs are written on the signs on the East and West Stands at PYS for instance, as well as at the front of the stadium by the statue of Grav?  Every single club in the region is honoured in that way.  The same as the kids at half time playing tag rugby etc.

Yes I have seen all this because I have actually been over to PYS. But not everybody has, and when they watch Scarlets or Dragons or Blues on the tele, they will ask themselves, what is the difference ? It is not just Scarlets though, last season Newport Gwent Dragons were going on about "THEIR" famous day in 1963 when they beat the All Blacks. Now, to my knowledge, Dragons have never played the All Blacks, Newport have, but not Dragons.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Are you saying there isn't one club in the region that wears red? I'm shocked. Ebbw have some red anyway, if you wanted to nitpick though. Also, if you're saying that red doesn't represent any team, then you should also stop calling black and amber Newport colours, as I obviously know another team that plays in those colours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Bit daft if a team called the Scarlets don't have a scarlet home kit.

They're "pro teams". This regional rugby moniker is almost dead in the water now anyway.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next