The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May

+47
bsando
alive555
Anglobraveheart
glamorganalun
Cardiff Dave
LeinsterFan4life
JmD
LordDowlais
nathan
the-goon
Artful_Dodger
Chunky Norwich
asoreleftshoulder
profitius
wayne
tigertattie
highland_scot
Rory_Gallagher
Totalflanker
toml
The Boss
Don Alfonso
marty2086
demosthenes
Pete330v2
IanBru
Sin é
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
clivemcl
RDW
neilthom7
rodders
funnyExiledScot
Weegie Wizard
jimbopip
The Great Aukster
VinceWLB
BigGee
21st Century Schizoid Man
CraigS1874
SecretFly
cakeordeath
Notch
Standulstermen
George Carlin
51 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Empty Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May

Post by George Carlin Sun 17 May 2015, 7:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Glasgo13                  Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Ulster11
Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby
Friday 22 May 2015
KO: 19:45
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports / BBC ALBA / BBC NI / TG4

Referee: George Clancy (IRFU, 73rd competition game)
Assistant Referees: John Lacey, Dudley Phillips (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Gwyn Bowden (WRU)
TMO: Seamus Flannery (IRFU)

A. Head to Head - Aggregate

26 Played 26
12 Wins 13
13 Losses 12
1 Draws 1
44 Tries 47
31 Conversions 32
64 Penalties 66
6 Drop Goals 0
492 Points 497
25 Avg. Age 27

B. Head to Head - Recently

Sat 16 May 2015 - Glasgow 32 - 10 Ulster Rugby

Sat 11 Oct 2014 - Ulster Rugby 29 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 18 Apr 2014 - Glasgow Warriors 27 - 9 Ulster Rugby

Fri 13 Sep 2013 - Ulster Rugby 12 - 13 Glasgow Warriors

C. Run-In

Glasgow Warriors

16/05/15 Glasgow 32 - 10 Ulster

08/05/15 Ospreys 21 - 10 Glasgow

25/04/15 Connacht 13 - 31 Glasgow

Ulster Rugby

16/05/15 Glasgow 32 - 10 Ulster

09/05/15 Ulster 23 - 23 Munster

24/04/15 Ulster 26 - 10 Leinster

D. Teams

Glasgow Warriors
Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Kirsty10
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Richie Vernon
12. Peter Horne
11. Niko Matawalu
10. Finn Russell
09. Henry Pyrgos

01. Ryan Grant  
02. Fraser Brown
03. Rossouw de Klerk
04. Jonny Gray
05. Al Kellock (Captain)
06. Josh Strauss
07. Chris Fusaro
08. Adam Ashe

16. Pat MacArthur
17. Gordon Reid
18. Mike Cusack
19. Leone Nakarawa
20. Ryan Wilson
21. Duncan Weir
22. Sean Lamont
23. DTH van der Merwe

Ulster Rugby
Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Christ11
15 L Ludik
14 T Bowe
13 J Payne
12 D Cave
11 C Gilroy
10 P Jackson
09 R Pienaar

01 C Black
02 R Best (C)
03 R Lutton
04 L Stevenson
05 D Tuohy
06 I Henderson
07 C Henry
08 R Wilson

16 R Herring
17 A Warwick
18 B Ross
19 R Diack
20 S Reidy
21P Marshall
22 S McCloskey
23 M Allen

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 21 May 2015, 3:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May

Post by RDW Tue 19 May 2015, 6:36 pm

Notch wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:But then again Munster at home with an Irish ref team is maybe worse than both away teams having refs from their nation!

Yeah they don't want non-neutral refs at home.

Which is fair enough.

Maybe these two refs are the only ones available that they trust, so this is the only option!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 1 - Glasgow Warriors v Ulster Rugby, 22 May

Post by George Carlin Tue 19 May 2015, 6:38 pm

Notch wrote:People will moan if it goes wrong for Glasgow, sure, but should we really let the moaners control what happens? Pander to the lowest common denominator?
Where the moaners are asking for impartial referees? Well. Er. Actually, yes. Headscratch

I wouldn't worry though. Scots have a habit of not letting moaners get their way. There was this referendum vote, you see... Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 19 May 2015, 6:40 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Notch wrote:People will moan if it goes wrong for Glasgow, sure, but should we really let the moaners control what happens? Pander to the lowest common denominator?

Where the moaners are asking for impartial referees? Well. Er. Actually, yes. Headscratch

I wouldn't worry though. Scots have a habit of not letting moaners get their way. There was this referendum vote, you see... Run

Yeah, but I think these refs have proven their impartiality- thats the point.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 19 May 2015, 6:46 pm

Notch wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

I think all Clownshoes has proven is that it is somehow possible to make it to the top of one's profession without actually being very good at your job.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 19 May 2015, 6:59 pm

Impartial incompetence is still impartial!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 19 May 2015, 7:03 pm

Notch wrote:Impartial incompetence is still impartial!
True. The only way Clancy could be more impartial and more incompetent would be if he (a) was Swiss and (b) had a wooden leg and frequent attacks of narcolepsy during the game.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 19 May 2015, 7:05 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Notch wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

I think all Clownshoes has proven is that it is somehow possible to make it to the top of one's profession without actually being very good at your job.
Ah yes, George Clancy is without doubt the General George McClellan of rugby refereeing. He has the critical ingredients of staggering arrogance and sheer ineptitude, combined in just the right ratio to create an utter f***wit.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 May 2015, 7:30 pm

I hope ol' Clance plays havoc at the World Cup. Give 'em hell George. Slow the game down to crawl speed. Have the new Rugby League/Union fans of the England/French game kind deserting their plush new 4D TVs in their droves.

Twas Clancy that killed the Beast.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 19 May 2015, 8:24 pm

Munchkin wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Well lads, I've looked at it and there is a Glasgow player on the ground in the ruck and he is holding Herring's leg as the ball goes away. The ref should have penalised the Glasgow player.
This is my subjective interpretation of what happens next.
Herring makes one or two attempts to extricate his leg while watching play develop. Play goes wide to the right wing. It is obvious Herring will not make it to the next breakdown. As he moves away from the ruck he lifts his leg and drives his heel backwards in the direction of the player who was holding him.
Where this sits on the spectrum from
understandable frustration---stupidly petulant--nastily spiteful
is fairly subjective.
However, Herring will be hard pushed to convince anyone that he didn't know what he was doing.
This probably means that Best will be starting on Saturday, fit or not. Who is your third choice hooker? I think we'll be seeing him around the 50 minute mark.

Is your subjective interpretation based something you actually witnessed, or are you guessing that Herring actually stamped on him? It's just that I haven't yet seen any footage which shows Herring stamping on a player.

Munchkin, if you watch the game and start a 1.07 and let it run on (it took me two or three viewings to spot it) you'll see that Herring gets agitated at being held into the ruck when he wants to follow the play, then when he steps out of the ruck he lifts his knee and drives his heel back in the direction of the Glasgow player on the ground. That's the Glasgow player who should have been penalised for holding him in.
It's not too easy to see because (a) your eye naturally wants to follow the play and (b) they're at the top of the screen and it's not too clear. When you say, I haven't yet seen any footage which shows Herring stamping on a player I would tend to agree with you that you don't see any actual contact or reaction. However, in context I think "a reasonable person" could "reasonably assume" that it was an intentional attempt at stamping on an opponent. Bear in mind that the review panel will have the technical wizardry to zoom in to the nth degree so will see the whole sequence much more clearly than us.

The problem with debating incidents like this is that we all (even paragons of fair mindedness like Schiz ) bring our inherent biases with us. For what it's worth I think Herring waits until the referee has caught up with play and is safely focussing on the far side of the pitch before he stamps on the miscreant who was holding him back. So in my mind it was deliberate, but which of the three ; understandable frustration---stupidly petulant--nastily spiteful I couldn't begin to guess. But I'm a Glasgow fan so I know I'm bringing my own bias to the argument.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 19 May 2015, 8:37 pm

Munchkin wrote:Worked out well for you, Clive Very Happy

On the other Ulster forum one poster thinks the stamping may have been that recorded at around 1:07:50, if you let it run a few seconds. It's possible Herring stamped at this point, but I can't see anything to suggest a stamp on the player who was holding his leg.

Yeah, I hate this nonsense- holding players legs off the ball etc. But I can't see a red being given in a match for what you can infer happened.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Tue 19 May 2015, 8:46 pm

jimbopip wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Well lads, I've looked at it and there is a Glasgow player on the ground in the ruck and he is holding Herring's leg as the ball goes away. The ref should have penalised the Glasgow player.
This is my subjective interpretation of what happens next.
Herring makes one or two attempts to extricate his leg while watching play develop. Play goes wide to the right wing. It is obvious Herring will not make it to the next breakdown. As he moves away from the ruck he lifts his leg and drives his heel backwards in the direction of the player who was holding him.
Where this sits on the spectrum from
understandable frustration---stupidly petulant--nastily spiteful
is fairly subjective.
However, Herring will be hard pushed to convince anyone that he didn't know what he was doing.
This probably means that Best will be starting on Saturday, fit or not. Who is your third choice hooker? I think we'll be seeing him around the 50 minute mark.

Is your subjective interpretation based something you actually witnessed, or are you guessing that Herring actually stamped on him? It's just that I haven't yet seen any footage which shows Herring stamping on a player.

Munchkin, if you watch the game and start a 1.07 and let it run on (it took me two or three viewings to spot it) you'll see that Herring gets agitated at being held into the ruck when he wants to follow the play, then when he steps out of the ruck he lifts his knee and drives his heel back in the direction of the Glasgow player on the ground. That's the Glasgow player who should have been penalised for holding him in.
It's not too easy to see because (a) your eye naturally wants to follow the play and (b) they're at the top of the screen and it's not too clear. When you say, I haven't yet seen any footage which shows Herring stamping on a player I would tend to agree with you that you don't see any actual contact or reaction. However, in context I think "a reasonable person" could "reasonably assume" that it was an intentional attempt at stamping on an opponent. Bear in mind that the review panel will have the technical wizardry to zoom in to the nth degree so will see the whole sequence much more clearly than us.

The problem with debating incidents like this is that we all (even paragons of fair mindedness like Schiz ) bring our inherent biases with us. For what it's worth I think Herring waits until the referee has caught up with play and is safely focussing on the far side of the pitch before he stamps on the miscreant who was holding him back. So in my mind it was deliberate, but which of the three ; understandable frustration---stupidly petulant--nastily spiteful I couldn't begin to guess. But I'm a Glasgow fan so I know I'm bringing my own bias to the argument.
That's a fair post. I would be inclined to argue that it looks like herring rather than stamping is actually in the process of a trip as his leg is still being held as he moves off. I suspect (if that's the sum total of the footage) that there will be no action

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 8:47 pm

Don't agree, pip. I think your interpretation could possibly be correct but highly imaginative. Why would it be reasonable to assume that he had stamped the player or that he intended to stamp the player? From the very little we have to go on, assuming that instance is the alleged stamping, it is not at all reasonable to assume guilt of stamping, let alone guilt of intention.

There's nothing there. I'm not sure exactly what it is Minto has seen, but for his sake it had better be something much stronger than that.

Ulster Rugby apparently are furious over this citing, and if that clip is all the citing commissioner has to go on I can understand why.

Apparently the citing commissioner was also asked to look at the Diack incident, and claimed there was nothing in it. That incident certainly looked much worse to me...

We shall see how it goes for Herring at the hearing tomorrow. Unless the citing panel have more to go on I think he will probably be free to play Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 8:50 pm

Notch wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Worked out well for you, Clive Very Happy

On the other Ulster forum one poster thinks the stamping may have been that recorded at around 1:07:50, if you let it run a few seconds. It's possible Herring stamped at this point, but I can't see anything to suggest a stamp on the player who was holding his leg.

Yeah, I hate this nonsense- holding players legs off the ball etc. But I can't see a red being given in a match for what you can infer happened.

I'm not inferring. I don't know if Herring stamped. I don't think he did. Not from the evidence of that clip, or if he did it must have been very slight.

Herring wouldn't stamp on anyone deliberately angel

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 20 May 2015, 7:19 am

I think it's a Red, Herring. Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 20 May 2015, 10:17 am

Damn it George you got us, we're making this up to lull you Weegies into a false sense of superiority. That and letting you win on saturday. We have you well lulled, now to attack while you are weak Smile

I'll be surprised if anything comes of this citing but then again that would be thinking logically. We all know what the citing panels think of Ulster and we also know all about their lack of sanity.

Losing Franco (if he doesn't recover) and Herbst will be telling I believe. Lady luck is piling the pressure on us. Now all we need is Wayne Barnes or Jerome Farces to officiate and we're really in the do-do.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 May 2015, 10:35 am

Anti-Ulster Citing panels are a disgrace to the Pro12! How can we hope to attract better sponsorship and more Welsh bums on Regional stadium seats when we have such utter crap Anti-Ulster citing panellists?
I think some of them must be getting brown envelopes from the Italian, Scottish and Welsh unions. It must pay them to weight the citing process so heavily in favour of Anti-Ulster outcomes.

Pathetic.

A B&I League is what we need to tidy up this corruption.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 20 May 2015, 10:47 am

I've been to an Anti-Ulster Citing Committee.

They're awesome. We have had jackets made and the session comprises everyone sitting around eating Doritos and moaning about bad experiences we've all had in Belfast. The last meeting went on for 6 and a half hours and culminated in a drunken email to Doak saying "So's your face" in 8 different languages.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 May 2015, 11:07 am

Those weren't Doritos ; Fes had been to his epidermis technician for his bi-annual peel and scrub. In a fit of munificence he sent the scales through to "those poor unfortunate worker bees in the post-industrial slums of Toonietoun."
I'm not sure we weren't meant put them in the urn alongside the ashes of the Captain's armband when he finally retires.

p.s. An all Irish officiating panel headed by Clownshoes was inspired. They will be so desperate to show their impartiality Ulster will finish with 12 men. (Mind you they will be lucky to start with 12 fit men).

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 20 May 2015, 11:18 am

"(Mind you they will be lucky to start with 12 fit men).."

I'll have you know that my other half thinks Ulster have quite a few fit men. Her favourite is Tommy Bowe. She thinks he's very fit indeed.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 20 May 2015, 11:21 am

Bring it on Suftums ! Yahoo

WHATEVER IT TAKES

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 20 May 2015, 11:21 am

On another note I see you Weegies have signed Taqele Naiyaravoro from the Waratahs who plays on the wing or centre. He seems to be a decent signing until you read the following:

"The 6ft 5in winger, who weighs 19 stone"

Now he has become a terrifying signing, can you imagine Paul Marshall attempting to tackle that?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 May 2015, 11:35 am

Pete330v2 wrote:"(Mind you they will be lucky to start with 12 fit men).."

I'll have you know that my other half thinks Ulster have quite a few fit men. Her favourite is Tommy Bowe. She thinks he's very fit indeed.

Not the old Tommy Bowe Sexpot Bandwagon starting up again pre-WC???

Oh dear, it'll be like repeating episodes of Last of the Summer Wine.... them old folk 'ill never die!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Wed 20 May 2015, 11:37 am

Pete330v2 wrote:On another note I see you Weegies have signed Taqele Naiyaravoro from the Waratahs who plays on the wing or centre. He seems to be a decent signing until you read the following:

Now he has become a terrifying signing, can you imagine Paul Marshall attempting to tackle that?

Yep, 'Big Taqe' will be taking lessons from Finn Russell on how to turn Marshall into roadkill for the first Ulster game next year.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 May 2015, 11:40 am

Ankle chop and karate kick to the back of the neck...

Oh, sorry, ...that's how you'd do it if you were in a Martial Arts Movie Whistle

Of course perfectly illegal in rugby.............................. and I'd never approve...................... Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 May 2015, 11:55 am

Pete330v2 wrote:On another note I see you Weegies have signed Taqele Naiyaravoro from the Waratahs who plays on the wing or centre. He seems to be a decent signing until you read the following:

Marshall is a pretty strong defender in fairness - it's when he gets one on one with Ian Humphreys you might worry a bit...... Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 20 May 2015, 11:57 am

rodders wrote:

Marshall is a pretty strong defender in fairness - it's when he gets one on one with Ian Humphreys you might worry a bit...... Shocked

Marshall is seriously underrated as a tackler given his size. But yea, Ian was doing his usual flailing arm stuff at the weekend. Infuriating for a pro rugby player to be THAT weak.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 May 2015, 12:03 pm

I bet he's awesome at beach tag though! Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 20 May 2015, 12:23 pm

clivemcl wrote:
rodders wrote:

Marshall is seriously underrated as a tackler given his size. But yea, Ian was doing his usual flailing arm stuff at the weekend. Infuriating for a pro rugby player to be THAT weak.

clive at a few points his whole body was flailing around, I think at one point he jumped away from a Glasgow player when tackling them

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 20 May 2015, 12:43 pm

I know, I shouldn't have picked on WeeP as he is a better tacker than iHump by a country mile. I had noted in the past that iHump had improved his tackling from the flailing, step out of the way defence to jumping on players backs and going for a spin. He has now developed what can only be described as the 'jazz hands' style of tackling which is worse than the previous two.

P.S. I truely wish this post of mine was a joke but it's really not Sad

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 20 May 2015, 12:52 pm

Was about to post a follow up on the Ulster chat and decided it was better placed over on the Ulster thread - let's leave this about the semi-final!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 May 2015, 12:54 pm

Reading you fellas bemoaning the non-tackling 10 makes me nostalgic for the good old days of Dan Parks ; regardless of the result you could guarantee a heated debate about his merits or otherwise on here .

Otherwise, I'm beginning to worry that, centres apart, Glasgow seem to have plenty of fit players to choose from. This may mean that Toonie gets the Tombola out in order to bamboozle the opposition. Squaddies in the British army say the most frightening thing they ever see is an officer with a map, but to a Glasgow fan it's Toonie with a full squad to choose from. Erm

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 20 May 2015, 12:54 pm

Fun Fact No.58 - Finn Russell weighs as much as Big Taqe's right boot. With no laces in it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 20 May 2015, 1:32 pm

Not even remotely fun fact: one Taqele Naiyaravoro weighs the same as two IanBrus.

It's worth pointing out that after giving up rugby I devoted myself to long distance running, but it's no less depressing!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 May 2015, 2:40 pm

So if we're missing Franco as well as Herbie our pack will look like;

1. Black 2. Best (c). 3. Ross
4. Tuohy 5. Henderson
6. Diack 8. Wilson 7. Henry

I would probably start Stevenson to keep Henderson in the back row where he can rampage best, but Stevenson is a penalty magnet- still it would be better to start with him than to have him come on in the last 50 when the game might break up.

Can't help but feel with the two injured Saffers we'd definitely have the upper hand up front but now we may be under pressure at times. Fortunately our back line looks formidable;

9. Pienaar
10. Jackson
11. Gilroy
12. Cave/McCloskey
13. Payne
14. Bowe
15. Ludik
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 May 2015, 3:42 pm

Since it has been all quiet on the medical front and Toonie is not the type of chap to name an unchanged squad I think we could see;
1. Shrek (Angela to replace)
2. Brown (although Dougie Hall is in battling form)
3. Bane (The Mighty Coo after 55)

4. Wee Jonny
5. The Captain (Naka after 50)
6. Ashe
7. Bluto
8. Batman (This is perilously close to Rab C's wet dream of three eights but Ulster are a very physical side and we want big runners knocking them back)

9. Henners You know it makes sense
10. Dancer
11 DTH (he deserves one last big game at Scotstoun)
12 Hornee Furra Linee
13 Richie V
14 Seymour
15 Hogg

16. Angela
17. Hall
18. Coo
19. Naka
20. Harley or Swinson
21 Mata
22 Meatball
23 Murchie

Very harsh on Fozzie but I have a sneaky feeling that big runners putting Ulster on the back foot will be our starting point, besides which Clownshoes will shut his eyes and point randomly before whistling at the breakdown so a specialist seven may well be superfluous.

Regardless of the sides chosen I don't think there'll be much in it on Friday.
If Stevenson is a penalty magnet and gets on the wrong side of the man with the red nose and big shoes then that could be decisive. Similarly, if we witness another domestic between Kellock and Clownshoes then Ulster are in the final.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 20 May 2015, 3:59 pm

I agree with the Jimbo - Glasgow should bulk up that pack a bit and go with a ball carrying back row. I'd pick Naka at lock because he's a better player than Kellock in every respect (and Swinson on the bench for the same reason), but in anticipation of Schizoid's bottom lip quivering at the prospect, I'd allow Kellock to deliver the pre-match team talk.

I think Toonie will have little choice but to select the backline proposed above, which is perhaps where Ulster have an advantage.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 20 May 2015, 4:05 pm

Are you really suggesting a looshead prop at tighthead? You're also suggesting a converted tighthead to go back to being a looshead off the bench.

Not the time to be using props out of position...

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Wed 20 May 2015, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 20 May 2015, 4:07 pm

Cusack should start at 3 and Reid at 1. If Ulster are vulnerable it's going to be in the set piece and maul.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 May 2015, 4:33 pm

RDW, for years now when captaining sides I have always just thrown the three and one jerseys at the fatboys and let them decide: don't bamboozle me with science.
ok, if they are fit; De Klerk, Bane, Coo, Shrek and Angela you could perm any four from that and I think we'll do alright.
I have every respect for Rory Best but I don't think he's fully fit yet and we can get at their front row.
Fes Naka is probably certainly a much more talented rugby player and dynamic athlete than the captain but he has been somewhat wayward recently and Kellock was titanic, Homeric, heroic on Saturday. Especially if they have a second choice pairing at lock start with the Captain.
WHATEVER IT TAKES (Even props playing out of position.)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 20 May 2015, 4:39 pm

Ignoring the sarcy comments by Fuhrer fES, Jimbo's team contains DTH VDM - no real evidence he is fit to play. In which case Sean L plays again. I do agree re backrow but Fozzie could be useful last 30 - very fast for a 7 and in true positional sense, a feckin nuisance.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 May 2015, 4:45 pm

Schiz, in last week's Warriors TV DTH was spotted in the weights room without any strapping or stookie on his injured hand. I'm of the opinion he was withheld on Saturday as we were in the play offs whatever the result. If, and it is a big if, he's fit he will play. With Ulster's rush defence we will probably look to get wide whenever possible and he is ever so slightly more lethal than the legend that is Schlong.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 20 May 2015, 4:56 pm

fair point re DTH and hope its true re this Friday and he is available. I will ask him tonight Very Happy

This from the Ws forum :-

The top five over the last four regular seasons of the Guinness PRO12:
..............P. W. D Lost
1 Warriors 88 63 5 20 (Try count +108)
2 Leinster 88 63 5 20 (Try count +79)
3 Ospreys 88 59 4 25
4 Ulster 88 58 3 27
5 Munster 88 56 4 28

Think you could safely say this is the Big Five and we sit top of it Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 20 May 2015, 5:23 pm

Careful there Dougal, you're venturing into what is commonly called "moral victory" territory. We'll have none of that kind of thing round here, thank you.
A one point victory on Friday will be good enough.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 May 2015, 6:46 pm

Rob Herring cleared to play

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/News/LatestNews/TabId/149/ArtMID/793/ArticleID/3613/Herring-cleared-to-play-against-Glasgow-.aspx

The Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Roger Morris, along with Nicholas D Jones and Ray Wilton (all from Wales), having viewed the footage of the incident, reviewed the other evidence and listened to representations by and on behalf of Mr Herring, did not uphold the citing complaint. The Disciplinary Committee concluded that the player had been held in a ruck by two opponents after the ball had left the ruck, that his actions were the result of him trying to release himself from their grip and that he had not committed an act of foul play.

The Disciplinary Committee accordingly imposed no sanction on the player, who is free to resume playing immediately.

Frustrating that Ulster forced to waste time with this when preparing for such a major game.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2015, 6:55 pm

Exactly, Notch!

It's very poor that we have had two citings against two players who should never have been cited, and in the process have had game preparation disrupted.

Ulster are apparently taking the issue of citings further, hope it's true, and I hope the likes of Minto get a huge boot in the @rse.

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 20 May 2015, 6:59 pm

If anyone is, like me, struggling to fill the hours between now and kick-off may I direct you to a cutting edge article about young Adam Ashe? Turns out Glasgow are aiming to win the title this year which was a real eye-opener for me, also he's revealed that within the Glasgow squad some people are the same age as him and some were not. I now feel that we have someone within the Scotland set-up able to match Laidlaw's ability to bore the life out of a journalist and therefore we are running out of reasons to keep him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 May 2015, 7:00 pm

What's confusing is there never seemed to be any reason to cite based on the footage in the public domain. Had assumed/dreaded there was another camera angle that revealed something untoward that wasn't broadcast/made public, but evidently that is not the case. So can't comprehend the decision to cite him in the first place.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 20 May 2015, 7:05 pm

Sanity prevails! 

OK, maybe 'prevails' is innacurate...

Sanity still exists on the odd occasion!    Yahoo

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 20 May 2015, 7:07 pm

Notch wrote:What's confusing is there never seemed to be any reason to cite based on the footage in the public domain. Had assumed/dreaded there was another camera angle that revealed something untoward that wasn't broadcast/made public, but evidently that is not the case. So can't comprehend the decision to cite him in the first place.

Did Glasgow report the incident?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2015, 7:09 pm

Notch wrote:What's confusing is there never seemed to be any reason to cite based on the footage in the public domain. Had assumed/dreaded there was another camera angle that revealed something untoward that wasn't broadcast/made public, but evidently that is not the case. So can't comprehend the decision to cite him in the first place.

There was nothing in it. I was half convinced I was looking at the wrong section of the video until reading the Telegraph article this afternoon. It's a farce and it's something that needs corrected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next