The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

+26
GLove39
wales606
glamorganalun
maestegmafia
Artful_Dodger
BigGee
Golden
Notch
quinsforever
RDW
Rory_Gallagher
ME-109
wayne
LeinsterFan4life
Breadvan
brennomac
profitius
rodders
Sin é
dragon4life
LordDowlais
Pot Hale
VinceWLB
SecretFly
rumpelstiltskindoh
George Carlin
30 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by George Carlin Sun May 17, 2015 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Munste12             Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Osprey11                  
Munster Rugby v Ospreys
Saturday 23 May 2015
KO: 14:30
Thomond Park, Limerick

Live on Sky Sports / TG4 / S4C

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 126th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Leighton Hodges, Ian Davies (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: TBC (SRU)
TMO: Gareth Simmonds (WRU)

A. Head to Head - Aggregate

26 Played 26
11 Wins 14
14 Losses 11
1 Draws 1
41 Tries 42
30 Conversions 29
58 Penalties 70
1 Drop Goals 3
442 Points 487
27 Avg. Age 24

B. Head to Head - Recently

Sat 7 March 2015 - Ospreys 26 - 12 Munster Rugby

Sat 27 Sept 2014 - Munster Rugby 14 - 19 Ospreys

Sun 23 Feb 2014 - Ospreys 11 - 25 Munster Rugby

Sat 2 Nov 2013 - Munster Rugby 12 - 6 Ospreys

C. Run-In

Munster Rugby

16/05/15 - Munster 50 - 27 Dragons

09/05/15 - Ulster 23 - 23 Munster

25/04/15 - Munster 30 - 19 Treviso

Ospreys

16/5/15 - Connacht 20 - 24 Ospreys

08/05/15 - Ospreys 21 - 10 Glasgow

25/04/15 - Blues 23 - 31 Ospreys

D. Teams

Munster Rugby
Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Paul-o10
[tbc]

Ospreys
Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Alunwy10
[tbc]


Last edited by George Carlin on Tue May 19, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15495
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat May 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Ospreys can be very proud of their season. A couple more good signings and they will be challenging in Europe.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5845
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by maestegmafia Sat May 23, 2015 9:20 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Ospreys can be very proud of their season. A couple more good signings and they will be challenging in Europe.

Cheers mate

Europe is going to get tougher again next year as I am sure the French and English will pillage all the top players from the RWC. As I think a lot of us knew previously, that the changes they made to the European competition have made it impossible for any non French or English clubs to compete.

maestegmafia

Posts : 23145
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Hard lines Ospreys. Because of Keatley's yips it never seemed like the Ospreys couldn't get back into it. A fairly cruel way to lose too, where it seemed like they had done enough. I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying full attention, so wasn't aware there was a knock on until they went back.

Credit to Matavesi's Mrs and Cuddy for the former letting her fella play and the latter sorting him a private jet to try and make the birth of his child.

Very good season though for Ospreys. I expect they'll be stronger next season too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat May 23, 2015 9:40 pm

If you unearth another Hassler and Ardron signing you will be flying. I think both Clermont and Toulon will actually be weaker next season unless they announce some more new signings over the summer.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5845
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by wayne Sat May 23, 2015 10:03 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:If you unearth another Hassler and Ardron signing you will be flying. I think both Clermont and Toulon will actually be weaker next season unless they announce some more new signings over the summer.
Thanks for all your compliments this evening Leinster, according to our stats expert, because of last nights result, todays didn't matter, we are in the 2nd group of seedings for next years RCC, so that is an excellent season overall for us.
It has been shown on our website that our average age for Guinness League and RCC matches is 24 this season, that is exceptionally young and can only augur well for the future, we've bought a bit of experience for WC year already, and hopefully a couple more will be announced soon.
Personally, I'm extremely proud of our season, especially with some of the crap written on these pages about how poor some of our players and coaches are, it was good to see in the last week or so, Martyn Williams, Gwyn Jones and even Andy Bowel (EF) admitting how they had got it so WRONG, the honorable thing would be for some of the posters on here would do the same thing, one has already refused, I shall not be holding my breath for the others to respond either.

wayne

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat May 23, 2015 11:02 pm

wayne wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:If you unearth another Hassler and Ardron signing you will be flying. I think both Clermont and Toulon will actually be weaker next season unless they announce some more new signings over the summer.
Thanks for all your compliments this evening Leinster, according to our stats expert, because of last nights result, todays didn't matter, we are in the 2nd group of seedings for next years RCC, so that is an excellent season overall for us.
It has been shown on our website that our average age for Guinness League  and RCC matches is 24 this season, that is exceptionally young and can only augur well for the future, we've bought a bit of experience for WC year already, and hopefully a couple more will be announced soon.
Personally, I'm extremely proud of our season, especially with some of the crap written on these pages about how poor some of our players and coaches are, it was good to see in the last week or so, Martyn Williams, Gwyn Jones and even Andy Bowel (EF) admitting how they had got it so WRONG, the honorable thing would be for some of the posters on here would do the same thing, one has already refused, I shall not be holding my breath for the others to respond either.    
I had totally forgot that the Ospreys have already signed James, Delve and Leonard for next season, that is a really good bit of business already. The Ospreys must have some fantastic scouts because the Canadians and Arhip were phenomenal finds given where you got them from and even Matavasi has proven to be a very good signing. Leinster really have it all to do next season to force our way back into the Top 4, but tbh I much rather it like this!

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5845
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 33
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by The Saint Sat May 23, 2015 11:56 pm

I wonder when Ospreys fans are going to stop typing sh*t like the above, and on the facebook page stuff like "considering loadsa people wrote us off we've worked wonders..." It's no wonder you're often referred to as the most deluded fans in Wales. I can't sympathise with the team when they have fans like this.
Doh

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by ME-109 Sun May 24, 2015 1:06 am

Can't really comment on the O's too much but as usual stuck in there as they always do. From a Munster point of view we just aren't going to win anything with keatley..
He is a 60:40 player. 60% very good. 40% very poor or anonymous. How we are losing JJ I just do not understand

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by ME-109 Sun May 24, 2015 1:18 am

Just have to mention POC today he was excellent. Lead from the front as per usual and made some good metres in some of his carries. Probably his second last game for Munster.

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by George Carlin Sun May 24, 2015 8:13 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15495
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 24, 2015 8:29 am

The Saint wrote:I wonder when Ospreys fans are going to stop typing sh*t like the above, and on the facebook page stuff like "considering loadsa people wrote us off we've worked wonders..." It's no wonder you're often referred to as the most deluded fans in Wales. I can't sympathise with the team when they have fans like this.
Doh

Deluded fans?

Firstly.

You wrote a post stating that you thought the Ospreys would be the worst of the welsh regions, bu at the end of the season, yet again they were the best.

If you think other people are deluded in this situation, then you need to start talking to someone who can help you get your mind back on the straight and narrow.

Secondly.

Most of the praise has come from non ospreys fans, a good number of those are not even welsh.

maestegmafia

Posts : 23145
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun May 24, 2015 9:43 am

As a Non Ospreys fan who is also not Welsh. They are the best region consistently. 4 titles don't lie.

Since they ditched the fake tan and big budgets they have turned into a seriously gritty outfit that plays better than the sum of their parts. Great set of halfbacks and a never say die attitude.

If my team had to face a Welsh Region in a knockout game these lads would be the last ones I would pick.

They looked down and out yesterday and came back to within a kick in the bollix of winning the game.

A lot of high profile pundits with egg on their face some of them predicting Cardiff Blues in a 3rd place spot last August.

Then there was whatever joker put up the "Ospreys worst region" thread. Bwaah ha ha hah.

Fair fox to them. #onetrueregion

Jenifer McLadyboy

Posts : 4764
Join date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by The Saint Sun May 24, 2015 12:16 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:I wonder when Ospreys fans are going to stop typing sh*t like the above, and on the facebook page stuff like "considering loadsa people wrote us off we've worked wonders..." It's no wonder you're often referred to as the most deluded fans in Wales. I can't sympathise with the team when they have fans like this.
Doh

Deluded fans?

Firstly.

You wrote a post stating that you thought the Ospreys would be the worst of the welsh regions, bu at the end of the season, yet again they were the best.

If you think other people are deluded in this situation, then you need to start talking to someone who can help you get your mind back on the straight and narrow.

Secondly.

Most of the praise has come from non ospreys fans, a good number of those are not even welsh.

Yes by far the most deluded fans on the internet. You and wayne are good examples on V2. I often find that when you're of a different opinion to them they resort to bad grammar replies.

Yes I and perhaps some others had a different opinion early on, based on factual evidence, which turned out to be incorrect. What's your point? This is what I'm getting at - certain Spreys fans still show off when somebody is of the opinion that they are NOT the galacticos they've always been built up to be. Ospreys fans should stop being such children, it's quite pathetic. Move on.

Not sure what you're getting at again? I think you should stop taking yourself so seriously.... And surely this should be your second point as you've made three different points?

You need to read beyond V2. A munster fan also commented that he felt a bit lucky to win, and also that he had seen about 4 Ospreys fans. What's up with that? If you're the 'one true region' then I'm surprised you get such a low attendance and a scarce amount of travelling fans.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by The Saint Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm

ME-109 wrote:Just have to mention POC today he was excellent. Lead from the front as per usual and made some good metres in some of his carries. Probably his second last game for Munster.

Fair play to the lad. Good to hear the old red-headed dog still has lots of life in him. Good that he's stayed with Munster all his career, it might set an example to the next generation. I can see guys like AWJ in Wales doing the same, and we certainly need more players like that.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by wayne Sun May 24, 2015 2:28 pm

The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:I wonder when Ospreys fans are going to stop typing sh*t like the above, and on the facebook page stuff like "considering loadsa people wrote us off we've worked wonders..." It's no wonder you're often referred to as the most deluded fans in Wales. I can't sympathise with the team when they have fans like this.
Doh

Deluded fans?

Firstly.

You wrote a post stating that you thought the Ospreys would be the worst of the welsh regions, bu at the end of the season, yet again they were the best.

If you think other people are deluded in this situation, then you need to start talking to someone who can help you get your mind back on the straight and narrow.

Secondly.

Most of the praise has come from non ospreys fans, a good number of those are not even welsh.

Yes by far the most deluded fans on the internet. You and wayne are good examples on V2. I often find that when you're of a different opinion to them they resort to bad grammar replies.

Yes I and perhaps some others had a different opinion early on, based on factual evidence, which turned out to be incorrect. What's your point? This is what I'm getting at - certain Spreys fans still show off when somebody is of the opinion that they are NOT the galacticos they've always been built up to be. Ospreys fans should stop being such children, it's quite pathetic. Move on.

Not sure what you're getting at again? I think you should stop taking yourself so seriously.... And surely this should be your second point as you've made three different points?

You need to read beyond V2. A munster fan also commented that he felt a bit lucky to win, and also that he had seen about 4 Ospreys fans. What's up with that? If you're the 'one true region' then I'm surprised you get such a low attendance and a scarce amount of travelling fans.
Saint as I've already pointed out, one has refused to admit they were WRONG, it is perfectly obvious to anyone that can read, that that is YOU, YOU only apologise or admit you are WRONG, when you are sent PRIVATE MESSAGES, as we well know.

wayne

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by wayne Sun May 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:As a Non Ospreys fan who is also not Welsh. They are the best region consistently. 4 titles don't lie.

Since they ditched the fake tan and big budgets they have turned into a seriously gritty outfit that plays better than the sum of their parts. Great set of halfbacks and a never say die attitude.

If my team had to face a Welsh Region in a knockout game these lads would be the last ones I would pick.

They looked down and out yesterday and came back to within a kick in the bollix of winning the game.

A lot of high profile pundits with egg on their face some of them predicting Cardiff Blues in a 3rd place spot last August.

Then there was whatever joker put up the "Ospreys worst region" thread. Bwaah ha ha hah.

Fair fox to them. #onetrueregion
Thanks for that Jen.

wayne

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by Notch Sun May 24, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm not sure how people who tipped Ospreys to be the bottom Welsh region can say they don't have at least some egg on the face...
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 35
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 24, 2015 6:08 pm

The Saint wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Just have to mention POC today he was excellent. Lead from the front as per usual and made some good metres in some of his carries. Probably his second last game for Munster.

Fair play to the lad. Good to hear the old red-headed dog still has lots of life in him. Good that he's stayed with Munster all his career, it might set an example to the next generation. I can see guys like AWJ in Wales doing the same, and we certainly need more players like that.

I see so it's only Wayne or me who are deluded for praising Ospreys players?

Get over yourself.

maestegmafia

Posts : 23145
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Glyncorrwg

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by The Saint Sun May 24, 2015 6:50 pm

wayne wrote:
Saint as I've already pointed out, one has refused to admit they were WRONG, it is perfectly obvious to anyone that can read, that that is YOU, YOU only apologise or admit you are WRONG, when you are sent PRIVATE MESSAGES, as we well know.  

I'm not sure what I've got to apologise for? Having a different opinion? Only in Ospreylia, but not in the real world I'm afraid. Also, I'm not sure what has been said between us over private messages that you're referring to?

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by The Saint Sun May 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Notch wrote:I'm not sure how people who tipped Ospreys to be the bottom Welsh region can say they don't have at least some egg on the face...

Those who did got it wrong, but don't see what the fuss is about? It's only Ospreys 'fans' harking on about it, demanding some sort of apology. It's like that sense of entitlement which Pontypridd fans go on about and I just don't understand it.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by The Saint Sun May 24, 2015 6:56 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Just have to mention POC today he was excellent. Lead from the front as per usual and made some good metres in some of his carries. Probably his second last game for Munster.

Fair play to the lad. Good to hear the old red-headed dog still has lots of life in him. Good that he's stayed with Munster all his career, it might set an example to the next generation. I can see guys like AWJ in Wales doing the same, and we certainly need more players like that.

I see so it's only Wayne or me who are deluded for praising Ospreys players?

Get over yourself.

Eh? Just WTF are you going on about now? It's idiotic and made up comments like this why you aren't at all taken seriously. You and LD can start your own club if you like, but leave the rest of us out of it. Well done on your moral victory BTW, making 'miracles happen' after being written off.

The Saint

Posts : 6046
Join date : 2013-05-04
Age : 33
Location : South-East Region

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by RDW Sun May 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Going to look this thread as well - really isn't going anywhere.

Time to move on people!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32292
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi 2 - Munster Rugby v Ospreys, 23 May

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum