The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol

+30
Luckless Pedestrian
bedfordwelsh
Bathman_in_London
formerly known as Sam
Welly
MarcusHalberstram
nathan
wales606
Sgt_Pooly
highland_scot
GavinDragon
alkmaar67
Cardiff Dave
funnyExiledScot
HongKongCherry
Irish Londoner
stub
Notch
The Great Aukster
HammerofThunor
lostinwales
LordDowlais
LondonTiger
The Saint
doctor_grey
beshocked
chris_501
George Carlin
Coleman
yappysnap
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol - Page 3 Empty Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol

Post by stub Wed 20 May 2015, 5:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought that I'd adapt the playoff 1 thread into a match thread for tonight's match. I know it's not quite as glossy as other posters matchday threads (no pictures or logos) but hopefully it's fit for purpose!

Sixways (kick-off 7.45pm Wed 27th May)

Live on Sky Sports 1

Warriors

15 Chris Pennell
14 Tom Biggs
13 Alex Grove
12 Ryan Mills
11 Cooper Vuna
10 Ryan Lamb
9 JB Bruzulier
1 Val Rapava Ruskin
2 Agustin Creevy
3 Nick Schonert
4 James Percival
5 Jonathan Thomas
6 Mike Williams
7 Sam Betty
8 GJ van Velze (C)

Replacements
16 Niall Annett
17 Ryan Bower
18 Joe Rees
19 Leonardo Senatore
20 Jamie Shillcock
21 Ravai Fatiaki
22 Ben Howard

Bristol:

Wallace
Amesbury
Tovey
Mosses
Lemi
Robinson
Peel (capt)
Traynor
Brooker
Cortes
Glynn
Sorenson
Mama
Lam
Eadie

Replacements: Crumpton, Perenise, Townson, Robinson, Kessell, Morgan, Maule

It's basically all square with Worcester just one point up after the first match at Bristol. A last minute try by Annett which was duly converted by Lamb gives this narrow advantage to Worcester. Sixways is a sell out so there will be over 12000 fans there with 3000 from Bristol expected to make the 60 mile journey up the M5.

Bristol have beaten Worcester twice already this season and in my opinion are narrow favourites tonight. The overall record between the clubs is 13-6 in Worcester's favour with one draw.

Your thoughts and predictions would be very welcome!

Last edited by stub on Wed 27 May 2015, 8:12 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adapted)

stub

Back to top Go down

Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol - Page 3 Empty Re: Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol

Post by propdavid_london Thu 28 May 2015, 3:52 am

Wow - great game to watch. Congratulations to Worcester - both sides would have slotted into the Premiership well (and would probably do better than Lon Welsh have).
Dissapointing for Bristol to fall at the final hurdle again - perhaps thats something that A.Robinson needs to address by bringing in Sports psycologists etc.
I hadnt realised that there were sower grapes from Robinson afterwards as switched off after the game - thats bad form, but you could see that emotions were running high.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol - Page 3 Empty Re: Championship Playoff 2 - Worcester v Bristol

Post by George Carlin Thu 28 May 2015, 4:03 am

You have to be heartbroken for Brizzle though.

9 months of rugby comes down to a single conversion kick in over 160 minutes of attritional arsekicking.
I think I would rather have lost by a cricket score.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 28 May 2015, 4:09 am

propdavid_london wrote:Wow - great game to watch.  Congratulations to Worcester - both sides would have slotted into the Premiership well (and would probably do better than Lon Welsh have).
Dissapointing for Bristol to fall at the final hurdle again - perhaps thats something that A.Robinson needs to address by bringing in Sports psycologists etc.
I hadnt realised that there were sower grapes from Robinson afterwards as switched off after the game - thats bad form, but you could see that emotions were running high.
Maybe A. Robinson is the problem? On paper, Bristol seemed the better team, just as last year.

I couldn't see the match, but it seems it was terrific.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 28 May 2015, 5:01 am

A fantastic game of rugby - shame one of them had to lose. I thought Bristol just shaded the performance but the score is what counts. I agree with the comments about Robinson, it wasn't the time to moan. I do find him a hard man to like.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 28 May 2015, 5:09 am

George Carlin wrote:You have to be heartbroken for Brizzle though.

9 months of rugby comes down to a single conversion kick in over 160 minutes of attritional arsekicking.

We'll make an Edinburgh fan of you yet!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 28 May 2015, 6:36 am

Well done Wuzz but you have to feel for Brizzle
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 28 May 2015, 7:47 am

You do have to feel for the Bris fans but that was game Bris should have won. They were in complete control with 10 minutes to go and hit the self-destruct button. I mentioned previously that Bris are more a collection of individuals and that 10 minute spell highlighted that, whereas Wuss played as a collective team, although Pennell was outstanding. Surely Bris must come up next year... Rolling Eyes

Well done Wuss. They will already be favourites to come back down, however, they are going to cause a few upsets and I wouldn't be surprised if they do stay up.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 28 May 2015, 8:02 am

Yep, that was a tough result for the Bristol fans and I do feel sorry for them. I've just re-watched the last quarter and the Bristol team looked absolutely in pieces after the match. I even felt a little sorry for Andy Robinson and thought his comments could in part be put down to shock/disbelief.

I'm really hoping that Wuss can build from here and mount a decent Premiership campaign next season.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 8:16 am

Andy Robinson the man in charge of Scotland against Wales in THAT game in Cardiff 2010, plus countless other close shaves when his team we're arguably better for large periods of the game.

Perhaps AR is the one who needs the psychologist Very Happy

In all seriousness gutted. I'm a little confused with allegiance as I have been a Bath and Glasgow (university town / birthplace) fan since I got into rugby but now look set to live in Bristol for quite some time. Really wanted this for Brizzle I know my local team will be majorly distraught now. Would have been a great story given the football success this year too.

Never mind. Next year? Or just wait until the ring-fence?

Anyone got highlights from both legs??

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 28 May 2015, 11:34 am

I saw quite a bit of negativity regarding Doyle on Twitter also - I thought he had a good game and is a dam good referee. One slight criticism is that he is quick to ping the attacking team for holding on if a defensive jackler is over the ball - where as a Nigel Owens for example will give the attacking side 1 second more to clear the ruck

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 28 May 2015, 12:22 pm

He was very good on defenders going beyond the ball and not supporting their body weight.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 28 May 2015, 1:31 pm

If i were a club owner i would never hire Robinson who i assume will disappear in the off season…..England, Scotland and now this, he must be th biggest Jonah in rugby. You would think after 2010 v Wales he would have coached his team to maintain composure in the final minutes of a crucial game but yet again he presides over more abject failure.

Last edited by Gwlad on Thu 28 May 2015, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 28 May 2015, 1:36 pm

George Carlin wrote:You have to be heartbroken for Brizzle though.

Why though?

They have thrown money about and tried to buy the Championship but it hasn't worked. They knew all along about the play offs so be top of tree all season means nothing in the end if you again fall at the final hurdle.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 28 May 2015, 1:50 pm

Agree with Bedford (although it's not the fans' fault, but then no-one 'deserves' promotion). If Bristol had spent ages putting off field resources together and coaching local players to a very high standard, only to lose out to a bunch of high paid mercenaries funded by a sugar daddy, then I'd feel sorry for them.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3