The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
Stella
Azzy
CFCNick
TRUSSMAN66
wadey101
sportform
MIG
lfc91
Breadvan
hampo17
socal1976
Mat
wheelchair1991
NickisBHAFC
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Holymiky
Nakatomi Plaza
Lowlandbrit
Roberto Baggio
FIFA Diva
Steffan
Ent
kingraf
Liam
LivinginItaly
BamBam
Marky
FootballLight
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
westisbest
Hammersmith harrier
GSC
nadeem2099
Fernando
Hero
43 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Thu 21 May 2015 - 20:59

First topic message reminder :

Last one went well...

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by sportform Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:07

Olly wrote:Niall Quinn talking out his arse here - lol at them saying Terry is done because he got subbed once ffs
Jose Mourinho is just maneuvering to get some money spent on players.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:40

Ill be honest i don't get why you would buy John Stones for 30m+ if your not going to play him and i don't see Maureen benching Cahill despite being shoddy.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 19:56

They won't buy Stones, they've just signed Rahman for excess of £20m & it's clear that offensively they need to add an extra dimension & ease the pressure off Hazard. Wouldn't surprise me to see them offload Cuardrado & hijack either the Pedro or De Bruyne deals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 20:21

I don't see De Bruyne heading back to Chelsea honestly. Could see Pedro coming in but then again i prefer Willian Laugh

Apparently Otamendi to Citeh is almost done, United caught napping after failing to get Ramos.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 20:25

The odds of De Bruyne coming back to Chelsea under Mourinho are slim to none
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 20:40

He brought Matic back after selling so never know but i doubt it unless Oscar goes Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 20:45

Matic went as a makeweight for the Luiz deal didn't he?

Anyhow from his comments after Mourinho sold him, it sounds like a longshot that they'll ever work together again.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 20:46

Chelsea look so poor atm. I don't think city are that great either but they had aguero bang in form today and he tore the back 4 apart. Think they will get caught out at the back eventually with kolarov and Sagna and managala but with aguero they'll be right up there. Ivanovic has really struggled so far, any pace and he's all over the place. Wonder if this new left back see's azpillicueta shuffle to right back. Also anyone think Terry and Jose may have had a few words half time?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 22:10

Liam wrote:Also anyone think Terry and Jose may have had a few words half time?

No. They're like father & son, it was purely a tactical decision that John would of understood, given Jose's decision to press higher up & risk being countered. The defence was going to be exposed chasing the game, so Zouma's pace was to be used to nullify that threat, the media would obviously rather run a story that sells, not helped by idiots like Quinn stating he could be finished. John is still clearly the clubs best defender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 22:20

confirmed tomorrow : Otamendi to City for €40m and Mangala on loan to Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 22:23

Still think it shows why he isn't the best English centre back; the fact they wanted to play a little higher meant Terry went off shows a huge limitation.

I'd heard that Otamendi rumour today, seems a very good deal for City, especially as United would have been interested. Good news for Chelsea to some extent as I think they feared City as competition for Stones.

If Man United end up with no other striker and no additions in central defence I think a good start to the window will have turned a little sour.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 16 Aug 2015 - 23:36

Yeh agreed. Can't rely on Rooney to score 20 goals because 1) I don't think he can and 2) pretty sure he's only ever done it twice max in his career. Just unsure if we'll go for one as the top top strikers aren't really available. No way bayern give us lewandowski or muller. Doubt real let benzema leave now. Wouldn't mind seeing lacazette tbh. Offers pace, and clearly knows how to finish. Love to see us bid for Laporte but again, can't see that happening either.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 8:48

Lacazette signed a new deal until 2019, about a week ago. He's never leaving Lyon & jeopardising his place at the Euro's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 19:39

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Skrtel, Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Ibe, Benteke
Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Firmino, Moreno, Can, Origi, Ings

Bournemouth XI: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cook, Daniels, Ritchie, O'Kane, Surman, Gradel, King, Wilson
Subs: Federici, Smith, Distin, Mings, Gosling, Pugh, Tomlin

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 19:43

Hoping Bournemouth put up a good show - they remind me a lot of us when we came up under Lambert
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 19:53

If they play like Norwich vs Liverpool it's gunna be a bad night Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 19:54

That should read Norwich vs Suarez tbf - no Suarez now and this Liverpool defence is gonna have problems with Wilson's pace and Ritchie should get success against Gomez
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 19:57

Olly wrote:Hoping Bournemouth put up a good show - they remind me a lot of us when we came up under Lambert

Olly - kind words but probably best for you to hope Bournemouth bag one of the drop spots than wish them too well.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:06

Ah you c*nt ref Laugh Bournemouth have goal disallowed at corner. Harsh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:06

That is outrageous refereeing, absolutely outrageous
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:06

Sorry Olly but I've seen fans moaning about refs not calling fouls for players pulling at corners, now they do and you're moaning picard

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:07

Awful decision, hardly touches Lovren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:07

Should have been given.

Causing Liverpool some problems early on.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:07

massive gap between Liverpool's defense & midfield so far.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:08

Should've been a penalty at that corner, skrtel breathed on cook - be consistent ref now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:09

PaulHv2 wrote:Sorry Olly but I've seen fans moaning about refs not calling fouls for players pulling at corners, now they do and you're moaning picard

We need consistency, you can't have some teams get away with it and others not.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:12

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
PaulHv2 wrote:Sorry Olly but I've seen fans moaning about refs not calling fouls for players pulling at corners, now they do and you're moaning picard

We need consistency, you can't have some teams get away with it and others not.

We've needed consistency for years, personally I would have given that as I don't mind some pushing and pulling at corners, end of the day it's a physical game. But you can't moan when one team does it and then moan when a team gets pulled up because of it, you just end up looking a complete tart.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:12

All Bournemouth so far.

Brighton born Tommy Elphick goal harshly ruled out. Terrible officiating again this weekend. FA still not improving the standard, 2 weeks in and we have seen some awful awful decisions.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:14

Never a foul, soft as hell and looked a scared ref at Anfield. There's pushing and then there's contact, that was contact.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:14

I don't tend to moan about pushing and pulling at set pieces, Smalling for instance is almost as bad as Skrtel in that regard, always got a shirtful of somebody.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:20

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Never a foul, soft as hell and looked a scared ref at Anfield. There's pushing and then there's contact, that was contact.

Would never be given if that was the other way round at the other end at the end of the day. Will imagine we will see similar during the game not given too. Scared ref at a big,well formerly big club
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:25

Think Lallana is still applying Nivea in the dressing room...non existent

Good stuff from Benteke so far tho
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:26

As usual it's Coutinho vs whoever Liverpool are playing Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:27

oooooooh Cristian Benteke.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:27

Thats an offside. Coutinho makes the movement. More officials who don't know the rules

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:27

Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth - Benteke.

Bournemouth players stopped

Surely that's offside? under new laws

#JokeLino
#BigClubSmallClubRules

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:27

Blatant offside against Coutinho no given, Bournemouth being robbed here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:28

Get in. But, under the new rule isn't Coutinho offside?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:28

Should be off under new interpretation, clearly Coutinho made a move

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:28

Yes offside under the new rule. Lucky lucky goal

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:28

Not Bournemouth's night I'm afraid.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:30

Olly wrote:Think Lallana is still applying Nivea in the dressing room...non existent

Paddy Power
4 mins ·
Has anybody seen Lallana tonight? Must still be rubbing Nivea on his face in front of the Anfield dressing room mirror.

I really hope its them copying you, Olly, you don't want to be as 'funny' as Paddy!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:30

So close that from Henderson, would have been some goal.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:32

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Thats an offside. Coutinho makes the movement. More officials who don't know the rules

Glad it was given, not a fan of that rule either.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:33

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Olly wrote:Think Lallana is still applying Nivea in the dressing room...non existent

Paddy Power
4 mins ·
Has anybody seen Lallana tonight? Must still be rubbing Nivea on his face in front of the Anfield dressing room mirror.

I really hope its them copying you, Olly, you don't want to be as 'funny' as Paddy!

I'm sure they saw my post on here Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:35

LOL Yellow card for running across someone Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:35

Been lucky so far. Wrong goal disallowed

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:36

westisbest wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Thats an offside. Coutinho makes the movement. More officials who don't know the rules

Glad it was given, not a fan of that rule either.

If someone is offside and moves to kick the ball then surely they should be offside?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:36

I defend referees where I can.

Here, there can be no defence.

Bournemouth are being mugged by incompetent officials.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 20:38

Just found out the Bourenmouth back 4 was the same back 4 that finished the 2012/13 league one season! That's nuts!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next