The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro 12 attendances

+24
HammerofThunor
LondonTiger
Irish Londoner
justified sinner
Welshmushroom
TJ
thebandwagonsociety
profitius
No 7&1/2
SecretFly
RDW
marty2086
LeinsterFan4life
Tattie Scones RRN
Notch
LordDowlais
ME-109
RuggerRadge2611
Standulstermen
ScarletSpiderman
rodders
GoodinTightSpaces
Jenifer McLadyboy
Chunky Norwich
28 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pro 12 attendances  Empty Pro 12 attendances

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 10:08 am

Good article here:

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk/editorials/some-stats-on-the-pro12-2014-15-season/

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 attendances  Empty Re: Pro 12 attendances

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 27 May 2015, 11:04 am

CEO of Celtic Rugby found guilty in "Marketing his company's brand" shocker.

Today at the Cardiff horse trials the CEO of Celtic Rugby John Feehan has been convicted of heinous crimes like "talking up his product" and "trying to put a decent look on the stats"

In this disgraceful episode which sees an attempt to strip some Welsh regional fans of their understandable negativity towards the league and drag them kicking and screaming into a more successful league, mr Feehan is the chief suspect.

Certain Welsh fans are so "sickened" by the prospect of anyone painting their league in a good light that they have had to seek counselling at great cost to themselves.

A Mr Norwich of West Wales has had to go on hunger strike for the right of his team to be abused and dropped to a second tier of Rugby under their "natural overlords" rather than be forced to be an equal partner in a league with the hated Irish who have committed sins like "living on another Island" and refusing to accept the natural place of the said "natural overlords"

We find this whole episode distasteful in the extreme. It would be funny if the "joke league" was not having such a negative impact on the mental health of certain regional fans.

Mr Feehan has been sentenced to 6 months of penal servitude in the RFU Championship which we hope will teach him a lesson and set an example for other miscreants who wish to run any "bandit" leagues outside of the natural order of things.

Dai Wanting. Rugby correspondent.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed 27 May 2015, 11:27 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:CEO of Celtic Rugby found guilty in "Marketing his company's brand" shocker.

Today at the Cardiff horse trials the CEO of Celtic Rugby John Feehan has been convicted of heinous crimes like "talking up his product" and "trying to put a decent look on the stats"

In this disgraceful episode which sees an attempt to strip some Welsh regional fans of their understandable negativity towards the league and drag them kicking and screaming into a more successful league, mr Feehan is the chief suspect.

Certain Welsh fans are so "sickened" by the prospect of anyone painting their league in a good light that they have had to seek counselling at great cost to themselves.

A Mr Norwich of West Wales has had to go on hunger strike for the right of his team to be abused and dropped to a second tier of Rugby under their "natural overlords" rather than be forced to be an equal partner in a league with the hated Irish who have committed sins like "living on another Island" and refusing to accept the natural place of the said "natural overlords"

We find this whole episode distasteful in the extreme. It would be funny if the "joke league" was not having such a negative impact on the mental health of certain regional fans.

Mr Feehan has been sentenced to 6 months of penal servitude in the RFU Championship which we hope will teach him a lesson and set an example for other miscreants who wish to run any "bandit" leagues outside of the natural order of things.

love it!!!!

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 May 2015, 11:34 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:CEO of Celtic Rugby found guilty in "Marketing his company's brand" shocker.

Ha best post in the history of 606v2! Take a bow Jen Cool
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 11:45 am

Wow. So a post that is a straight out dig at a poster is getting a rave review. I really can't believe how bad this site has got.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 27 May 2015, 11:47 am

laughing

Brilliant stuff

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 27 May 2015, 11:51 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Wow.  So a post that is a straight out dig at a poster is getting a rave review.  I really can't believe how bad this site has got.

you've got to admit it's pretty funny...
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 11:54 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Wow.  So a post that is a straight out dig at a poster is getting a rave review.  I really can't believe how bad this site has got.

No not really. It is pretty disrespectful and with the whole 'natural overlords' nonsense it is pretty offensive too. But I'm sure for the way things are, it will be seen as a perfectly fair comment.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 27 May 2015, 11:59 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:

No not really.  It is pretty disrespectful and with the whole 'natural overlords' nonsense it is pretty offensive too.  But I'm sure for the way things are, it will be seen as a perfectly fair comment.

I'm not wanting to go down a personal route but just about every post I have read from the OP have been digs at the pro12. Some subtle. Some not so subtle.

I can't really argue with satire as a response.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:01 pm

So how is this post a dig per ce? How does this satirical response fit in with the original post?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:05 pm

Well the original post shows increases for Ospreys, Dragons and Cardiff from last year and a drop for Scarlets. Overall an increase in last years attendances. Overall attendances have been up. Italy is flat in effect. Growth in Scotland and Ireland. Overall positive.

I would say there is every reason for a satirical response.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 12:06 pm

Playing the man, not the ball as per usual.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:07 pm

If you ignore the facts I suppose.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:09 pm

ME-109 wrote:Well the original post shows increases for Ospreys, Dragons and Cardiff from last year and a drop for Scarlets. Overall an increase in last years attendances. Overall attendances have been up. Italy is flat in effect. Growth in Scotland and Ireland. Overall positive.

So a post that shown attendances were up, is just cause for ridicule? If that post had been posted by RDW or Notch, for example, would that reply have been made? No it was a simple case of having a dig directly at the poster.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed 27 May 2015, 12:13 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Well the original post shows increases for Ospreys, Dragons and Cardiff from last year and a drop for Scarlets. Overall an increase in last years attendances. Overall attendances have been up. Italy is flat in effect. Growth in Scotland and Ireland. Overall positive.

So a post that shown attendances were up, is just cause for ridicule?  If that post had been posted by RDW or Notch, for example, would that reply have been made?  No it was a simple case of having a dig directly at the poster.

Fair point. Chunky perhaps you could elaborate on your OP. could you state if this is good news for the Pro12 or bad news. just general thoughts.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:15 pm

Probably because Notch or RDW would have put up an article which might have been seen to be more balanced as opposed to an article whose subtext is.

"Attendances are growing in the pro 12 for Ireland, Scotland, Wales overall and flat for Italy and have been showing a growing trend since the inception of the league, its a disaster"....

Given Skinny Ipswich's posting history...I would say its a fair go...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 May 2015, 12:20 pm

This forum is going to the dogs, it is being ruined by the Irish mafia we have on here, if were dare to disagree with them, or say something they do not like then there is WW3. I haven noticed certain moderators only moderating what and when they see fit.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015, 12:20 pm

I think some people probably need to develop a sense of humour here. That would solve 99% of the problems, honestly.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 12:21 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote: Chunky perhaps you could elaborate on your OP. could you state if this is good news for the Pro12 or bad news. just general thoughts.

I'd say:

1) Attendances only continue to grow in half of the competing countries of the Pro12

2) I'd say this is an important statement "Contrary to the view often expressed in the media, there is little evidence to suggest there is a direct correlation between winning form on the pitch, and attendance at Pro12 fixtures".

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:22 pm

So it is acceptable to play the poster due to having a chip on your shoulder about previous discussions with them, as opposed to trying to comment on the post itself?

The article is pretty interesting. The welsh regions are constantly being told, especially on here, that the better the team does in the league (and/or Europe) the better the attendances will be. Yet the Dragons and Blues have both seen a hefty raise in their attendances even though they both fell short of the RRC spots, and had iffy seasons in the Pro12. Whilst the Osprey have not seen such a raise, even though they have reached the play off, and been sitting pretty in the league all season. And the Scarlets have seen a slump in attendances, even though they have only lost one home game in the pro12 this season (and only 1 in the RCC at home too). So it does seem that there is more to the attendance issue that just 'win things get supporters' that we are constantly being told.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 May 2015, 12:23 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:there is little evidence to suggest there is a direct correlation between winning form on the pitch, and attendance at Pro12 fixtures".

I would have to agree to that, even though a winning team does help, for the most, people want to come and watch their hero's/players that they watch on international day when they go to watch their league side.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed 27 May 2015, 12:24 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote: Chunky perhaps you could elaborate on your OP. could you state if this is good news for the Pro12 or bad news. just general thoughts.

I'd say:

1) Attendances only continue to grow in half of the competing countries of the Pro12

2) I'd say this is an important statement "Contrary to the view often expressed in the media, there is little evidence to suggest there is a direct correlation between winning form on the pitch, and attendance at Pro12 fixtures".

put surely the growth or lack of growth is down to the number of teams being supplied by those countries. should they be encouraged to introduce more teams and restructure a two tiered league.

i really do feel that when you supply only two teams has a huge impact on the growth of any attendence figures

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015, 12:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:So it is acceptable to play the poster due to having a chip on your shoulder about previous discussions with them, as opposed to trying to comment on the post itself?

The article is pretty interesting.  The welsh regions are constantly being told, especially on here, that the better the team does in the league (and/or Europe) the better the attendances will be.  Yet the Dragons and Blues have both seen a hefty raise in their attendances even though they both fell short of the RRC spots, and had iffy seasons in the Pro12.  Whilst the Osprey have not seen such a raise, even though they have reached the play off, and been sitting pretty in the league all season.  And the Scarlets have seen a slump in attendances, even though they have only lost one home game in the pro12 this season (and only 1 in the RCC at home too).  So it does seem that there is more to the attendance issue that just 'win things get supporters' that we are constantly being told.

Yeah, I agree with that. I would always say that marketing and creating a sense of genuine identity and ownership amongst the fans is what increases attendance. I would also say that home form is more important, but there's a lot more factors at play than that and just because your playing well doesn't mean you'll magically solve any other deeper problems you might have.

Last edited by Notch on Wed 27 May 2015, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:25 pm

Notch wrote:I think some people probably need to develop a sense of humour here. That would solve 99% of the problems, honestly.

So it is acceptable to post a comment aimed purely as a wum Notch?

It is acceptable to refer to the English (indirectly) as the Welsh peoples 'Natural Overlord'?

Is it acceptable for numerous posters to all have a laugh at having a dig at one poster?

How a moderator can turn a blind eye to such a post, yet come down hard on other is beyond me.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 27 May 2015, 12:26 pm

Notch wrote:I think some people probably need to develop a sense of humour here. That would solve 99% of the problems, honestly.

I think that some people on here need to GTF somewhere else. That would solve 100% the problems.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 May 2015, 12:32 pm

LordDowlais wrote:This forum is going to the dogs, it is being ruined by the Irish mafia we have on here, if were dare to disagree with them, or say something they do not like then there is WW3. I haven noticed certain moderators only moderating what and when they see fit.

By "we" are you referring to the Welsh exclusively or are you assuming everyone non-Irish is anti Pro12 and in favor of non-to-subtle trolling to wind up pro12 supporters?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 12:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:This forum is going to the dogs, it is being ruined by the Irish mafia we have on here, if were dare to disagree with them, or say something they do not like then there is WW3. I haven noticed certain moderators only moderating what and when they see fit.

It's a perfect microcosm example of what is happening in the real rugby world. How ironic.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015, 12:35 pm

I'm never going to come down on well written, humorous posts that add value to the site SS. That will always do more harm than good.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:41 pm

Notch, fair enough.

If a straight out WUM and also veiled abuse towards a nation having a 'natural overlord' is acceptable by your standards then I have no choice by to accept your judgement. And I really hope you keep to your word when you say I'm never going to come down on well written, humorous posts that add value to the site SS." when you find yourself, or other less 'undesirable' posters in the firing line.

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015, 12:43 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Notch, fair enough.  

If a straight out WUM and also veiled abuse towards a nation having a 'natural overlord' is acceptable by your standards then I have no choice by to accept your judgement.  And I really hope you keep to your word when you say I'm never going to come down on well written, humorous posts that add value to the site SS." when you find yourself, or other less 'undesirable' posters in the firing line.

Oh, grow up.

Last edited by Notch on Wed 27 May 2015, 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 May 2015, 12:46 pm

rodders wrote:

By "we" are you referring to the Welsh exclusively or are you assuming everyone non-Irish is anti Pro12 and in favor of non-to-subtle trolling to wind up pro12 supporters?

No I refer to everybody, only last week I was involved in a debate that the mafia were having with the English and telling them about their leagues salary cap and how their sides were cheating it, what the feck has the English league got to do with us ? If their teams want to cheat it then let them, also when I pointed out the provinces spent just as much on wages, guess what, WW3.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:46 pm

Notch wrote:

If a straight out WUM and also veiled abuse towards a nation having a 'natural overlord' is acceptable by your standards then I have no choice by to accept your judgement.  And I really hope you keep to your word when you say I'm never going to come down on well written, humorous posts that add value to the site SS." when you find yourself, or other less 'undesirable' posters in the firing line.

Oh, grow up.

Oh many apologies. I thought being 6"2' was grown up enough, but I shall stand in the miracle grown and see if I can get any taller.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed 27 May 2015, 12:47 pm

do we know the identity of the mafia members. we could arrange a taskforce to "sort them out"

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015, 12:49 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Notch wrote:

Oh, grow up.

Oh many apologies.  I thought being 6"2' was grown up enough, but I shall stand in the miracle grown and see if I can get any taller.

The OP has been allowed to retain his posting rights despite multiple complaints and threadjacks. If he's allowed to stay and express his opinions without restriction, people responding to him and satirising his more ridiculous ideas must also be allowed. Or both can be banned. Mods can either ban everything or ban nothing and either way people will moan.

Last edited by Notch on Wed 27 May 2015, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 27 May 2015, 12:50 pm

Just bear in mind Chunky has said the following on the Glaws Connacht match thread:

".....when other teams get robbed, there's nothing in it....when Irish teams win in the last minute, the opposition are sore losers

Disgusting rugby nation."

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 May 2015, 12:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
rodders wrote:

No I refer to everybody, only last week I was involved in a debate that the mafia were having with the English and telling them about their leagues salary cap and how their sides were cheating it, what the feck has the English league got to do with us ? If their teams want to cheat it then let them, also when I pointed out the provinces spent just as much on wages, guess what, WW3.

Only English people are allowed to comment on matters around the Premiership? Are you serious? -maybe you should write to BT to stop broadcasting games to the devolved regions.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:52 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

I'd say:

Maybe Chunks if you posted correct facts then perhaps people wouldnt make fun of you.

So just to be clear you have posted an incorrect statement.

Wales 2013/14 - 331K 14/15 -353K
Scotland 13/14 - 106K 14/15 - 123K
IReland 13/14 - 553K 14/15 - 576K
Italy 13/14 - 64.9K 14/15 - 63.9K

So Italy has remained flat and the other three have grown. Seems pretty clear cut growth year on year.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 27 May 2015, 12:53 pm

Notch wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Notch wrote:

Oh, grow up.

Oh many apologies.  I thought being 6"2' was grown up enough, but I shall stand in the miracle grown and see if I can get any taller.

The OP has been allowed to retain his posting rights despite multiple complaints and threadjacks. If he's allowed to stay and express his opinions without restriction, people responding to him and satirising his more ridiculous ideas must also be allowed. Or both can be banned. Mods can either ban everything or ban nothing and either way people will moan.

Too true.

I put in a report. It was ignored. I questioned why. And I accepted it. Only to be told 'Oh, grow up' by yourself. Then I attempt to go down the route of 'humour' and you still lecture me about something I am well aware of.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 12:55 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

I'd say:

Maybe Chunks if you posted correct facts then perhaps people wouldnt make fun of you.

Scotland 13/14  - 106K 14/15 - 123K

So Italy has remained flat and the other three have grown.  Seems pretty clear cut growth year on year.

Year on year?

Are you sure? You know what year on year means?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 27 May 2015, 12:55 pm

Well good for you.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 27 May 2015, 12:57 pm

rodders wrote:Only English people are allowed to comment on matters around the Premiership? Are you serious? -maybe you should write to BT to stop broadcasting games to the devolved regions.

No we can all debate on anything we want, but when certain factions start getting all messiah like, and on their high horses it gets a bit too much.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:58 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

I'd say:

Scotland 13/14  - 106K 14/15 - 123K

So Italy has remained flat and the other three have grown.  Seems pretty clear cut growth year on year.

Year on year?

Are you sure? You know what year on year means?

Do you know what 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 mean and what it means when you have a number bigger than another?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 27 May 2015, 12:59 pm

For some reason reading this thread made me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAB858elJOw

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 1:00 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Do you know what 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 mean and what it means when you have a number bigger than another?

I think you are a bit confuddled.

The Welsh attendances are not the biggest they have been. Thi is disappointing.
The Italian attendances are down. They are a disaster, compare them to 5 years ago.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 1:04 pm

Maybe not the biggest but given the loss of players there are good signs of growth.
Welsh attendances have bounced back this year and have grown by >6% ergo bigger than last year and growing.
Italy is a problem but not unknown. So the three of the countries have shown growth and there are more people attending games than ever before....isnt maths amazing.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 1:06 pm

Here chunks..this site might help. My kids use it.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 27 May 2015, 1:07 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
rodders wrote:Only English people are allowed to comment on matters around the Premiership? Are you serious? -maybe you should write to BT to stop broadcasting games to the devolved regions.

No we can all debate on anything we want, but when certain factions start getting all messiah like, and on their high horses it gets a bit too much.

And how would one distinguish or define a faction on an anonymous web forum that is accessible globally?

Those with a common opinion on a particular topic, or do you base it on geographic, gender, socio -economic or religious grounds - how are you determining your "we" from "they" Lord?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 27 May 2015, 1:08 pm

ME-109 wrote:Maybe not the biggest

So, they're not growing year on year now then?

Welsh attendances have bounced back this year and have grown by >6%  ergo bigger than last year and growing.
Italy is a problem but not unknown. So the three of the countries have shown growth and there are more people attending games than ever before....isnt maths amazing.

Good on the Welsh then.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 27 May 2015, 1:10 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Maybe not the biggest

So, they're not growing year on year now then?

Welsh attendances have bounced back this year and have grown by >6%  ergo bigger than last year and growing.

Good on the Welsh then.

Well they have grown year on year from last year. The welsh have had a couple of blips along the way but overall they are growing. Onwards and upwards chunks. As indicated attendances in the league have never been as high.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed 27 May 2015, 1:12 pm

so we should be celebrating that interest and attendence are on the rise??????

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum