The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving

+33
Steve_rugby
nathan
Fanster
offload
hawalsh
broadlandboy
HammerofThunor
WELL-PAST-IT
Tiger/Chief
Dubbelyew L Overate
Poorfour
Irish Londoner
lostinwales
SecretFly
Cyril
Jimpy
LondonTiger
gregortree
chris_501
Geordie
bedfordwelsh
TightHEAD
Barney McGrew did it
Notch
TJ
propdavid_london
BigGee
George Carlin
Breadvan
Gooseberry
Gwlad
Rugby Fan
GLove39
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving - Page 3 Empty Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving

Post by GLove39 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Ohhh, dear

England rugby star Danny Cipriani was arrested on suspicion of drink driving today after a 5am car crash.

Police breathalysed Cipriani after his £60,000 Mercedes collided with a Toyota in Chelsea, West London.

The 27-year-old World Cup hopeful was taken to a police station in west London before being released on bail.

Cipriani had scored two tries in England’s 73-12 thrashing of the Barbarians just hours earlier.

The fly half put in an impressive performance, scoring 33 of England’s points.

Police confirmed they were called to reports of two cars in a collision at 5.15am. No one was injured.

A Met police spokeswoman: “The driver of the Mercedes, a 27-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

“He was taken to a west London police station where he was later released on police bail.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/england-rugby-star-danny-cipriani-5805544

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving - Page 3 Empty Re: Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving

Post by Gwlad Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:44 am

Gooseberry wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:I think most of us suspect he went to bed before driving, rather than partying then driving.

Right makes sense, I imagine he often gets up at 5am to go for a drive the day after a game and an afternoon drink. Its possible he was crashed at Kelly Brooks house and someone rang his to say his cat was trapped under floor boards so he dashed off home in a panic I guess.

Quite. Loondontiger seems to be incredibly naive.

If he was smart he would have waited to drive home after partying all night post game at 0600 during the shift change. Or if he was really smart he would not have drove at all.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving - Page 3 Empty Re: Danny Cipriani arrested on suspicion of drink driving

Post by nathan Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:29 pm

Gwlad wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:I think most of us suspect he went to bed before driving, rather than partying then driving.

Right makes sense, I imagine he often gets up at 5am to go for a drive the day after a game and an afternoon drink. Its possible he was crashed at Kelly Brooks house and someone rang his to say his cat was trapped under floor boards so he dashed off home in a panic I guess.

Quite. Loondontiger seems to be incredibly naive.

If he was smart he would have waited to drive home after partying all night post game at 0600 during the shift change. Or if he was really smart he would not have drove at all.

I presume you know the full ins and out of it all....

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm

In his defence a couple of years ago he didnt drive hoime when drunk and got ran over by a bus, so you could argue he learnt his lesson from that.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:00 pm

Gooseberry wrote:In his defence a couple of years ago he didnt drive hoime when drunk and got ran over by a bus, so you could argue he learnt his lesson from that.

clap
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:31 pm

Gooseberry wrote:In his defence a couple of years ago he didnt drive hoime when drunk and got ran over by a bus, so you could argue he learnt his lesson from that.

laughing

Few people - thankfully - have such entries in their diaries:  

Thursday:  Got meself p-issed last night and decided to play it safe and walk home.  I was then duly run over by a f**king bus, driven by a sober basterde!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 17 Jun 2015, 5:00 am

The RFU RWC England fan theme is #CarryThemHome….how appropriate.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Wed 17 Jun 2015, 6:54 am

Gwlad wrote:The RFU RWC England fan theme is #CarryThemHome….how appropriate.

Tumbleweed

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 17 Jun 2015, 7:23 am

Steve_rugby wrote:

Tumbleweed

Is this Danny waiting for a bus?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Wed 17 Jun 2015, 8:01 am

Gwlad wrote:
Steve_rugby wrote:

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:25 pm

Steve_rugby wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Steve_rugby wrote:

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Still waiting i see, maybe he'll decide to drive home idea

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Wed 17 Jun 2015, 4:50 pm

picard

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 17 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm

Steve_rugby wrote:picard

For once i agree, bad decision.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm

Not really too related but Basteraud has his autobiography out now and details his issues around drink and the NZ incident revealing he tried to commit suicide. Got to admire his openess to discuss these issues.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:59 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Not really too related but Basteraud has his autobiography out now and details his issues around drink and the NZ incident revealing he tried to commit suicide. Got to admire his openess to discuss these issues.

Agreed.

Some posters though will be far too willing to mock.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 11:07 pm

He's not English LT so less chance though you can't change the nature of some.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 17 Jun 2015, 11:31 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Not really too related but Basteraud has his autobiography out now and details his issues around drink and the NZ incident revealing he tried to commit suicide. Got to admire his openess to discuss these issues.

I don't admire his openness at all. Frankly it was his secretiveness that was at the root of his problems, and it was only when he was exposed as a bare-faced liar in public that he has become 'open'.

Maybe he has turned a corner, and maybe he thinks writing this book will help someone else - when it does that will be admirable.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 11:35 pm

The Toulon back, 26, explained in his new autobiography that he reacted badly to criticism for lying about being assaulted while on an international tour in New Zealand six years ago.

He later confessed to being drunk and falling into a table in his hotel room.

"I don't know if I really wanted to die. I wanted to punish myself," wrote Bastareaud, who is preparing for the World Cup.

"I smiled in public but, as soon as I came back home, I was alone."

Writing about his decision to cover up the true cause of his injuries, he explained: "The doctor asked me how I got the injury. I should have confessed I was drunk, but I was ashamed of my behaviour and afraid to face consequences.

"I was a coward. So, instead of telling the truth and trusting management, I developed a lie. A lie that would have heavy consequences."

Following his suicide attempt, the ex-Stade Francais player said he was found in his living room by some friends, who rang the emergency services.

He added: "When you hear everywhere all day long that you are just a loser, that you don't deserve to be there, you try to keep a cool attitude but you begin to believe what people say."

I think he deserves some credit and acknowledgement that this is a hard thing to come out and say.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:02 am

Credit and acknowledgement is different to admiration - certainly he deserves credit for his frankness.

Credit and acknowledgement could be extended to say Lance Armstrong and Salman Butt but that doesn't make them admirable role models.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:07 am

Admire is to just respect someone for doing something. I can certainly understand somone doing something stupid initially but then having the guts and sense to own up. I do admire this, I do credit him with speaknig like this and I can certainly acknowledge that talking about trying to commit suicide would be a difficult thing to do.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 19 Jun 2015, 7:47 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Credit and acknowledgement is different to admiration - certainly he deserves credit for his frankness.

Credit and acknowledgement could be extended to say Lance Armstrong and Salman Butt but that doesn't make them admirable role models.

For what, equivocally owning up to being the biggest sporting cheat in history, making a mockery of the Tour and of the charity to which he gave his name. Being a lying misogynistic bully?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 19 Jun 2015, 9:27 am

Feel for the guy. Told a little lie that got out of hand (his own fault). I completely understand the feeling he had afterward that can become a terrible vicious circle (often with tragic endings).

I truly don't understand the comparison to Armstrong. I don't admire Basteraud because he admitted the truth about being drunk when he basically had to (the Armstrong comparison I think). I admire him for being open about things that affect many many people and results in many many death way too early. More openness about mental health issues is desperately needed in this world.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 19 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

Exactly hammer.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:51 am

Well Cips was finally charged and will appear before the beak on 10th Dec.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/danny-cipriani-charged-with-drink-driving-england-fly-half-to-appear-at-magistrates-court-after-a6733226.html

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 16 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

When the fall out from this RWC finally lands, i believe it will have brought more shame on English rugby than perhaps even Jonno Chipperfield's circus of 2011. So much for Stewie's Hug a Hooker campaign of dignified and inspiration.

One wonders why the charging decision was just announced this week since he was bailed before the RWC?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:21 pm

You'd have to ask the police.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:24 pm

After god knows how long, this case finally comes to a close.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36620396

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:56 pm

he was kind of rubbish in the SA saxons tour anyhow. Ran away from every tackle situation possible.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:39 pm

fa0019 wrote:he was kind of rubbish in the SA saxons tour anyhow. Ran away from every tackle situation possible.

I'll bite....I don't know you but from now on I'll appreciate all your posts are compete bull Poopie.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:04 pm

kingelderfield wrote:
fa0019 wrote:he was kind of rubbish in the SA saxons tour anyhow. Ran away from every tackle situation possible.

I'll bite....I don't know you but from now on I'll appreciate all your posts are compete bull Poopie.

did you actually watch the matches?

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:24 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/10/south-africa-a-england-saxons-match-report

If you didn't here's a write up for one of them.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:31 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/10/south-africa-a-england-saxons-match-report

If you didn't here's a write up for one of them.

So you were impressed then?

I don't think there has ever been an issue about Cipriani in attack. In defence he was very very poor and probably why he continues to be ignored by the senior squad.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

Defence improved a lot to be fair, certainly didn't notice an issue in SA. Likely he's not getting a chance more to age with Ford, Slade and Farrell around.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:34 pm

Plus of course this drink driving charge saw his chances gone in relation to Aus.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:35 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Plus of course this drink driving charge saw his chances gone in relation to Aus.

and yet he went to SA?

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:36 pm

Yup, as it's the B squad and would have been back in time for the date set which was today wasn't it?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:21 am

fa0019 wrote:
kingelderfield wrote:

did you actually watch the matches?

Yes. So I suggest you do so again and then when you've revised you're understanding of reality you either go away or try owning the truth.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3