The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5

+22
milkyboy
rIck_dAgless
ChequeredJersey
Trebs
dancingweeman
The Boss
Nakatomi Plaza
Stella
JuliusHMarx
compelling and rich
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Union Cane
Dolphin Ziggler
ShahenshahG
Galted
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
Hero
superflyweight
seanmichaels
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
26 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

THE BEST EVER DEBUT ALBUM

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap10%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 7 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 58

Poll closed

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 round 5

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Round 4 of the Culture Cup 2.0 comes to an end and thank the heavens for that.  As is standard for 2.0, there were some beauties and some utter sh*te picked in this round.  The big winner was The Boss who (after he had put down his Niall Quinn autobiography and chosen his film) picked up maximum points for One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.  It’s a quality film so no complaints from me.  Trebs scooped up a healthy 8 points for Silence Of The Lambs which is also a tremendous film so again, no complaints here.  Michaels got a lovely present of 8 points for his pick of Forrest Gump.  That’s right folks, Forrest f*cking Gump.  C&R also claimed 8 points with The Godfather.  GrumpyG*lfer picked up 6 points for To Kill A Mockingbird which I also voted for.  Cracking film.  Weeman also picked up 6 points for Raging Bull.  So Forrest f*cking Gump is better than Raging Bull and To Kill A Mockingbird.  Forrest f*cking Gump.  

Lots of posters managed to score a big fat headed zero, including Jeff for On The Waterfront and his arch rival Nicola Sturgeon superfly who, although he did get one vote, won’t be picking up any points as he failed to understand a very simple question and his pick of Lawrence Of Arabia fell outside the criteria.  Jules will be disappointed to pick up some points for Annie Hall, but Galted will be devastated that no votes appeared for Amadeus.  He saw Rupert Grint once.  In a play.  L*l.  He also saw Laura Dern in a film.  Double l*l out loud.  Galted is a really funny guy.  Dresses like a utter spazz but doesn’t let that hold him back in life.  A solid 4 points for Hero keeps our resident champ at the top of the league but he can feel the hot breath of a few men down his neck now.  He’ll enjoy that, no doubt.  The only points Stella has managed to accrue have come from a book I picked for him.  Perhaps the biggest surprise was Union Cane who picked up zero votes for his first choice of The Iron Lady.

Here is the updated league table:

1) Hero 30 pts
2) Paul 24 pts
3) Trebs 24 pts
4) C&R 20 pts
5) The Boss 19 pts
6) Harrier 16 pts
7) Ziggler 16 pts
8) Michaels 16 pts (will be deducted 2 points at the end of the tournament for being a pr*ck)
9) Fat head Adam 15 pts
10) GrumpyG*lfer 14 pts
11) Azzy 11 pts
12) Nakatomi 11 pts
13) weeman 11 pts
14) SerialDAVE 9 pts
15) Jeff 8 pts
16) Shah Abu-bakr 7 pts
17) Beadle 6 pts
18) Jules 5 pts
19) superfly 4 pts
20) Union Cane 3 pts
21) Dagless 3 pts
22) Stella 2 pts
23) Ray Mears big fat zero pts

Round 5 is back to music so please see the poll for THE BEST EVER DEBUT ALBUM.  

Remember, IT’S OPEN FOR ALL OF 606v2 TO VOTE.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 round 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 round 5

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:He is only in Donny Tina, DAVE could get there and back in his lunch hour. Steer Womble towards slagging WHITESNAKE off. Dave will take care of everything else.

And Womble is a southern, Babycham drinking nonce.

I have PM’d SerialDAVE and told him that Womble called SLAYER a bunch of gayers.

That should do it.

Not too sure you'll have any joy doing that, just seen a headline on the BBC "Murder arrest over torso in suitcase".
Reports of my arrest have been great exaggerated (a cultural reference there for you c*nts). As for Womble, his f*cking card was marked as soon as he said that bollox about "Definitely Maybe" ...all the rest is just icing on the cake as far as his entrails being used as bunting.

A Genital Grinder would come in handy right now Dave.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:29 am

Maybe round 6 will be my round.

I get so excited when I think about my first vote. I've been practising my reactions in the mirror, so far I'm leaning towards a "YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!" followed by a burst of fist-pumping.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:33 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:He is only in Donny Tina, DAVE could get there and back in his lunch hour. Steer Womble towards slagging WHITESNAKE off. Dave will take care of everything else.

I have PM’d SerialDAVE and told him that Womble called SLAYER a bunch of gayers.

That should do it.

Not too sure you'll have any joy doing that, just seen a headline on the BBC "Murder arrest over torso in suitcase".
Reports of my arrest have been great exaggerated (a cultural reference there for you c*nts). As for Womble, his f*cking card was marked as soon as he said that bollox about "Definitely Maybe" ...all the rest is just icing on the cake as far as his entrails being used as bunting.

Totally useless as far as these two dick-free, ball-less cups of quim drizzle are concerned

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:35 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

That should do it.

Seanmichaels wrote: Shocked Aren't wombles potholing experts? O please O please won't you pick me hammer?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:52 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

That should do it.

Seanmichaels wrote:  Shocked Aren't wombles potholing experts? O please O please won't you pick me hammer?

bog off borat.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 am

Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:57 am

any of you boxing guys heard about that new film southpaw?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:any of you boxing guys heard about that new film southpaw?

There is a whole boxing page, Sean.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:04 am

A bit of Meat Hook Sodomy might be a better option then Dave and if that fails there's always a simple hammer to the face.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:07 am

Galted wrote:Maybe round 6 will be my round.

I get so excited when I think about my first vote. I've been practising my reactions in the mirror, so far I'm leaning towards a "YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!" followed by a burst of fist-pumping.

Tim Henman style? You can do better.

That said, it's probably an appropriate choice, given the likelihood of your making a late surge only to fall flat on your face with the end in site. I'm almost inclined to describe you as plucky.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:A bit of Meat Hook Sodomy might be a better option then Dave and if that fails there's always a simple hammer to the face.

Sean'll have a butchers at that

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Voting is now closed.

Could someone in green please close the poll as I don't appear to have the means to do so?

The next round is the last 'Books' theme as we creep towards the final, double point extravaganza round.

The question is - WHAT IS THE BEST SPORT THEMED BOOK EVER?

Now it can be fact, fiction, autobiographical, whatever you what. So long as the theme is undeniably sports related, it will fit the criteria.

Please can you send a few in as normal.

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:48 pm

I've closed the poll.
Is the next round called the Graham Poll?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I've closed the poll.
Is the next round called the Graham Poll?

Thanks Jules. For both parts of your post.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Here is the randomly generated list, by the way -

Fat Head Adam
Boss
Harrier
Nakatomi
Weeman
C&R
Shah abu-bakr
Jeff
Dagless
Ray Mears Galted
Hero
Superfly
Jules
Stella
SerialDAVE
Paul
Ziggler
Trebs
Union
Sean
Azzy
Beadle
GrumpyG*lfer

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Good to see Boss never the top, for both him and Quinny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Rowley wrote:Good to see Boss never the top, for both him and Quinny.

l*l.

I'm trying to tempt him out.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:13 pm

I am not near the bottom, get in...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Given how voting has gone in previous rounds I reckon some Danny Dyer fronted book about some facking firm sorting out some other facking firm will romp home.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 pm

superflyweight wrote:Given how voting has gone in previous rounds I reckon some Danny Dyer fronted book about some facking firm sorting out some other facking firm will romp home.  

How have you seen Jeff's pick already? Have you been messing in my PM's again.

You slaaaag.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Mine are stuck in the outbox. You'll be amazed to see they are not all boxing as well. Also before Adam says it, no I have not picked No Ordinary Joe

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:25 pm

When you say sport themed can it include books which aren't necessarily about sport but which have people who play sport or watch sport in them?

I'm thinking the Swede in American Pastoral or Rabbit in Rabbit Run? Tom Buchanan in the Great Gatsby is keen on polo and I'm sure there's a bit in A Dance to the Music of Time where Jenkins talks about being taken to a football match in his youth?

Can we be creative? It doesn't matter, I won't get any votes anyway.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Rowley wrote:Mine are stuck in the outbox. You'll be amazed to see they are not all boxing as well. Also before Adam says it, no I have not picked No Ordinary Joe

I've just emptied my inbox so they should come through soon.

I've had to delete the pictures of his c*ck that Galted keeps sending me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:When you say sport themed can it include books which aren't necessarily about sport but which have people who play sport or watch sport in them?  

I'm thinking the Swede in American Pastoral or Rabbit in Rabbit Run? Tom Buchanan in the Great Gatsby is keen on polo and I'm sure there's a bit in A Dance to the Music of Time where Jenkins talks about being taken to a football match in his youth?

Can we be creative?  It doesn't matter, I won't get any votes anyway.      

No, the main thrust of the book has to be sport themed. Don't be a knob, superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Rowley wrote:Mine are stuck in the outbox. You'll be amazed to see they are not all boxing as well. Also before Adam says it, no I have not picked No Ordinary Joe

I've just emptied my inbox so they should come through soon.

I've still got plenty of those pictures in my inbox if you find yourself missing them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:When you say sport themed can it include books which aren't necessarily about sport but which have people who play sport or watch sport in them?  

Can we be creative?  It doesn't matter, I won't get any votes anyway.      

No, the main thrust of the book has to be sport themed.  Don't be a knob, superfly.

This country. Culture is bloody dead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:43 pm

super wrote:This country. Culture is bloody dead.

Which country?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've just emptied my inbox so they should come through soon.

They must be pretty small files so I doubt they took up much room.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:51 pm

I cant wait for Hero to come on and nominate Bret Harts book claiming that wrestling is a sport. Can Tino clarify it for him? He met Bret on his birthday, dont you know.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:56 pm

Does Quidditch count?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Wrestling for My Life: The Legend, the Reality, and the Faith of a WWE Superstar

by Shawn Michaels(Author)

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Wrestling should not count. As the results are pre determined it is not a sport.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:08 pm

WRASSLIN is a difficult one.

It's obviously not a real sport, but they are more athletic specimens than g*lfers, arrow throwers etc etc.

Didn't think of that.

I think I might allow it just to annoy Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:WRASSLIN is a difficult one.

It's obviously not a real sport, but they are more athletic specimens than g*lfers, arrow throwers etc etc.

Didn't think of that.

I think I might allow it just to annoy Jeff.

This was, of course, a joke. WRASSLIN is most certainly not allowed.

Not on my watch anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:11 pm

It's called sports entertainment for a reason. If you guys are saying it's not a sport, then it must be real fighting, right?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Rowley wrote:Wrestling should not count. As the results are pre determined it is not a sport.

That should exclude boxing as well then!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Adam D wrote:
Rowley wrote:Wrestling should not count. As the results are pre determined it is not a sport.

I'll hunt you down, don't think living in Scotland puts you out of the reach of DAVE.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Rowley wrote:
Adam D wrote:

I'll hunt you down, don't think living in Scotland puts you out of the reach of DAVE.

Can you send SerialDAVE round to Azzy once he has decapitated Adam?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:19 pm

What about proper wrestling?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Galted wrote:What about proper wrestling?

You and me?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Adam D wrote:

Not to mention Greek, Italian, Turkish and international soccer.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 pm

What about foxy boxing?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:27 pm

You and me?

ok

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 pm

You and me?

Has anyone read foxcatcher? supposed to be great.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Galted wrote:

You and me?

ok

Are we wearing leotards or just going full on D. H. Lawrence?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Galted wrote:

You and me?

ok

Jack Wolfskin underpants and Hitecs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Adam D wrote:

You and me?

No.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Adam D wrote:

You and me?

No.  

I started watching the film, then I stopped watching it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

You and me?

ok

Jack Wolfskin underpants and Hitecs.

Pervert.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Galted......
Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content