The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

+21
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
XR
adamk
Electric Demon
marty2086
TheCelticGarbutt
JCmag82
temporary21
NickisBHAFC
President Trump
The_Enigma
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Samo
Ian2307
Prometheus
25 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 13 Empty Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 13 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 28 Jun 2017, 10:38 am

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:So how are they going to do Okada vs Omega 3?

What do you mean?

Seems like a red herring to me. Their third match should be on a grander stage than a match in the G1 (unless it was the final). Will we see another draw?

I'm wondering myself about another draw, with someone else to advance to the final, only thing that makes me doubt it is that would be the same story they told last year with Goto advancing after the Okada/Tanahashi draw, I'm wondering if Omega finally beats Okada to prove he can do it and set up a rematch at KOPW without Omega having to win the G1

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 13 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Samo Wed 28 Jun 2017, 11:58 am

Putting them in opposite brackets would have been the easy thing to do, and might have made the final obvious but then you could have Omega take a surprise loss at some point.

Its interesting that they've put them together. Means something bigger is at play.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 29 Jun 2017, 12:13 am

Donovan Dijak, Dezmond Xavier, Rey Fenix join the field for PWG's Battle of Los Angeles alongside Flamita, Keith Lee, WALTER, Travis Banks

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:01 am

Kairi Hojo is in the Mae Young Classic

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 09 Jul 2017, 7:38 am

Matt Riddle was seen chatting to a NJPW talent scout following yesterday's Rev Pro show

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 09 Jul 2017, 7:40 am

Jeff Cobb, Trevor Lee & Flash Morgan Webster confirmed for BOLA

I fear for Webster's life wearing his parka in that heat

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 09 Jul 2017, 8:09 am

Saw him at ICW for the first time. Was impressed with what he can do. He'll fit in well at BOLA

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:07 am

I'm not his biggest fan, he's good and all but I've never been excited for him, maybe a BOLA performance could change my mind

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:50 am

When I first saw him I wrote him off as a mod who looks like Jay from The Inbetweeners. With his style he could put on a good match or two. Great place for him to go, will be an experience.

I second your concerns about the parka though Laugh

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 09 Jul 2017, 2:48 pm

I like Flash but he doesn't have the fluidity of the more recent British exports IMO.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

Zack Sabre Jr, Mark Haskins,Sammy Guevara & Jonah Rock join the BOLA line up.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 11 Jul 2017, 12:59 pm

I've not seen much if anything from Jonah Rock (I know he was in TMDK in NOAH for a while) but he's highly regarded among those who have seen him

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 12 Jul 2017, 2:40 pm

Brian Cage, Rey Horus, Marty Scurll, Michael Elgin, TK Cooper, Matt Sydal, Sami Callihan, Matt Riddle, Ricochet & Penta El Zero M

All announced for PWG BOLA

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 12 Jul 2017, 5:16 pm

SPPT back in action!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 12 Jul 2017, 5:25 pm

It's interesting because they can obviously work in the US, and Progress have a couple of US shows in August...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 16 Jul 2017, 12:02 pm

Toru Yano broke Okada,Omega & Tanahashi in the G1 Press Conference

https://streamable.com/mzipy

What he actually said....

First of all, I apologise for coming to this beautiful stage as a 39-year-old man without any make-up on. Please film your videos in portrait rather than landscape.

It began on 12 July 2017 with the release of a DVD: Ultra Chaos Quiz. Thanks to the support of my family, sales are going incredibly well. Please buy it.

And in the G1 Climax, I will certainly be victorious! Why? Because I never tell a lie. I'll say it again: I never tell a lie.

In the meantime, I'll be taking about 100mg of a drug that hasn't been approved in Japan and doing my best

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 18 Jul 2017, 11:23 am

SPPT vs the Bucks and The Elite vs The Lucha Bros & Flamita have been announced for N1 & 2 of BOLA respectively

I'm moist

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 18 Jul 2017, 11:24 am

I'm more moist by Keith Lee v Walter

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 18 Jul 2017, 11:28 am

Night 1

Dezmond Xavier faces Brian Cage
Rey Fenix faces Rey Horus
'Flash' Morgan Webster faces Marty Scurll
Matt Sydal faces PENTA EL ZERO M
Jonah Rock faces Zack Sabre Jr
Flamita faces Ricochet
Donovan Dijak and Keith Lee face the Chozen Bros (Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb)
South Pacific Power Trip (TK Cooper and Travis Banks) vs The Young Bucks

Night 2
TK Cooper faces Sammy Guevara
Donovon Dijak faces Trevor Lee
Jeff Cobb faces Sami Callihan
Matt Riddle faces Michael Elgin
Mark Haskins faces Travis Banks
Keith Lee faces WALTER
LDRS (Zack Sabre Jr and Marty Scurll vs Ricochet and Matt Sydal
Flamita/Rey Fenix/PENTA EL ZERO M face The Elite

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 18 Jul 2017, 11:30 am

Just checked the PWG twitter and saw the rest of the announcements, Ricochet vs Flamita could also be something special

Lee vs Walter!! #bigladswrestling

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 13 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

G1 Final Results:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 14 Aug 2017, 7:43 am

Looks like TK Cooper suffered a serious ankle injury at Progress NY, speculation that it looks serious enough to keep him out of BOLA Sad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Aug 2017, 10:17 am

Id have thought so considering it wasn't until the hospital that it was back facing the right direction ...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Aug 2017, 10:23 am

Progress in NYC Results:

Progress in Boston Results:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 16 Aug 2017, 1:56 pm

Al Patron stripped of GFW title as he remains suspended

Police cleared him of wrongdoing in the battery incident though i believe

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

Fernando wrote:
G1 Final Results:

Meltzer gave the Block Finals, Tana/Naito, Okada/Omega and the final, 5, 6 and 5.75 stars respectively

I personally went 4.75, 5 and 5 but Meltzer trolling star rating purists is one of my favourite things in wrestling

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 17 Aug 2017, 4:45 pm

So Brie said she's ok with Bryan returning to the ring and confirmed he is actively trying to get back into it.

Imagine him in NJPW

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 17 Aug 2017, 5:26 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:So Brie said she's ok with Bryan returning to the ring and confirmed he is actively trying to get back into it.

Imagine him in NJPW

I can understand WWE being hesitant about clearing him because if anything does happen its their ass. However, they would be stupid to let him go because hes a massive draw, and him getting back in the ring would almost mirror HBK's return in 2002, especially if the WWE title is on a heel - which is why they shouldnt have moved Miz to RAW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 18 Aug 2017, 7:02 am

They can't have him come back and go for the title, just through fear of injury ramifications.

Bryan vs Angle, HHH (again), and then I could see him asking for Styles, Cesaro and Owens. Cesaro is more me dreaming, but the other two are a combination of dream match and then Owens being the best heel. He could definitely play at wanting to reinjure him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 18 Aug 2017, 10:15 am

I always quite enjoyed the irony that they wouldn't let him wrestle but would tommy dreamer who they brought back for a while. He's got more health issues then D Bryan id expect.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 18 Aug 2017, 10:20 am

Dreamer wasn't have fits and frothing at the mouth

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 18 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

A guy that's had 16 concussions minimum, multiple blackouts and forgets basic things in life. Hee talked about sometimes being in the middle of a city somewhere and having no idea why he's there. He can't remember his own wedding anniversary either and routinely forgets lots of other things, even so far as to what he has just said to his kids.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 24 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Looks like TK Cooper suffered a serious ankle injury at Progress NY, speculation that it looks serious enough to keep him out of BOLA Sad

They have replaced him with Joey Janela thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 24 Aug 2017, 11:50 am

Fernando wrote:A guy that's had 16 concussions minimum, multiple blackouts and forgets basic things in life. Hee talked about sometimes being in the middle of a city somewhere and having no idea why he's there. He can't remember his own wedding anniversary either and routinely forgets lots of other things, even so far as to what he has just said to his kids.

They probably see it as they can say Dreamer got all that in ECW and not WWE, with DB it's a different ball game as the high profile incidents have all been with them.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 13 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

Finally got around to watching the first Destruction show, wish I hadn't

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 13 Sep 2017, 11:14 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Finally got around to watching the first Destruction show, wish I hadn't

It was terrible, this weeks look 100 times better

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 29 Sep 2017, 2:43 pm

The Destruction shows had a steady incline in quality, Kobe was certainly the best, the Baretta/Yujiro angle that played out over the tour was probably the overall highlight and the payoff match was very enjoyable, easily the best thing Yujiro had been involved in since the Ishii miracle of 2014

The Omega/Juice match was my favourite match of the whole tour, great story and Omega was tremendous, unintentional highlight of the match was when Omega tried his 'you can't escape!' Firemans roll and Juice shouted 'yes I can' as he wriggled out, was so funny

Otherwise not much to write home about, all the Jr stuff was fun and the Tana/ZSJr match was good but had too much of the aimless grappling that Sabre's matches can suffer from to top their G1 match

Overall not the best tour for New Japan in terms of match quality, booking creativity or business but I'm expecting them to rebound with King of Pro Wrestling which looks like a tasty card

In other news has anyone seen the NOAH Yokahama card for this Sunday? It's bonkers in all the best ways, including the tag team I didn't know I needed in my life of Moose and Yuji Okabyashi which I can't wait for

Other highlights include GHC champion Eddie Edwards vs Marufuji, GFW/TNA/Impact champion Eli Drake facing Cody Hall on the 3rd match of the show, and 70ish year old Tatsumi Fujinami wrestling in a match where there's an argument for him being the best worker as everyone else is so bad, this show is must watch

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:18 am

Chuckie T with the on-point twitter game as usual 
Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 13 DMX477hX0AAUYjO
Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 13 DMX6u2XXcAAHP13

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 05 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

After a back and forth Twitter feud for a few weeks now, its confirmed that Kenny Omega will face Chris Jericho at Wrestle Kingdom 12

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 05 Nov 2017, 2:13 pm

Samo wrote:After a back and forth Twitter feud for a few weeks now, its confirmed that Kenny Omega will face Chris Jericho at Wrestle Kingdom 12

I'm so angry, should have been Omega/Ibushi mad mad mad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 05 Nov 2017, 2:54 pm

That's the issue with Kota refusing to sign a contract.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 05 Nov 2017, 4:21 pm

TRIPLE H JUST SHOWED UP AT ICW IN CARDIFF WHAT IS HAPPENING TODAY

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 05 Nov 2017, 5:24 pm

Samo wrote:After a back and forth Twitter feud for a few weeks now, its confirmed that Kenny Omega will face Chris Jericho at Wrestle Kingdom 12

Y2J baybay

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 06 Nov 2017, 10:38 am

Just seen it'll be Cody v Ibushi for the ROH World Title at WK12.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 06 Nov 2017, 10:49 am

World Tag League Blocks

B Block:
War Machine
Killer Elite Squad
Best Friends
Cobb/Elgin
Henare/Makabe
Yano/Ishii
Guerrillas of Destiny
Kitamura/Finlay

A Block:
Juice/Sami Callihan
Fale/Chase Owens
Yujiro/Hangman Page
Suzuki/Iizuka
SANADA/EVIL
Nagata/Nakainishi
Kojima/Tenzan
Goto/YOSHI-HASHI

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 06 Nov 2017, 3:42 pm

Marky wrote:

Just seen it'll be Cody v Ibushi for the ROH World Title at WK12.

I've stepped off the ledge on Omega/Jericho, it'll be a fine match that makes great business sense particular for the ROH/bullet club crowd New Japan is targeting in the west

Ibushi/Cody I'm sure will also be a good match and it's not inconceivable Kota could win given his bohemian working schedule, that said I'm surprised they've announced this match as Cody still has a defense against Castle at Final Battle in the Japanese usually take these things very seriously

It's not what I wanted but I can see why it makes sense business wise, particularly as I can see how Omega/Ibushi can be used to pop a house later down the line

I'm moist for Elgin/Cobb (who will be a megastar once the Japanese crowd lay eyes on him) and Sexy Chuckie T in New Japan is the best

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 06 Nov 2017, 9:08 pm

I do wish they'd go whole hog with Goto/Ishii as tag champs though, they teased it hard going into WTL last year and then out of nowhere we got Ishii/Yano at the Dome, the tag division needs a shot in the arm and it's clear the level for those guys is upper mid card at best, they also seem incapable of sustaining any sort of push for Goto, he's ice cold going into the Dome after it seemed like he'd really turned the corner with his win over Shibata, just give them the belts and have them run through everyone for a year

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 07 Nov 2017, 11:04 am

I watched Power Struggle last night and it was a great PPV

Big shock of the night was Scrull beating Ospreay for the Jr Heavyweight after he just won it off Kushida after so many attempts but it set up probably one of the matches of WK in Scrull vs Ospreay vs Kushida vs Hiromu

You have to feel for Ibushi though, it's been touted for ages that he'll face Omega at WK then for them to go with Jericho but with all the talk in commentary of Tanahashi trying to make Ibushi into the next star and for him to live up to his potential they could give him another shot at the IC belt plus the commentators mentioned Ibushi's interview in some mag about him wanting to unite the wrestling world and wanting to fight Nakamura at WK

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 07 Nov 2017, 12:34 pm

Ibushi could have the world if he would commit to a contract but refuses to do so, it's difficult to feel too sorry for him in that respect

I'd be very surprised if we don't get Omega/Ibushi at some point next year

I really enjoyed Power Struggle too, everything on it was good to great, save for the Never match

Got to feel sorry for David Finlay, he and Jay White could literally not have been further apart on this show and even Tanaka and Komatsu have left him in the dust

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 07 Nov 2017, 3:21 pm

The Never match was hard to watch in parts, Susuki is just a sadistic f**k and when he kicked the ref at the end I was in stitches

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next