The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the greatest player of all time?

+4
eirebilly
Gav110
RocketAce
Adam D
8 posters

Go down

Who is the greatest ever player?

Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap0%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap0%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap14%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap10%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap5%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap62%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 13 ]
Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_lcap9%Who is the greatest player of all time? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 21

Who is the greatest player of all time? Empty Who is the greatest player of all time?

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:22 am

We all know its hard to distinguish between ages as the sport has become more professional, but who do you think, all things being equal can claim the moniker of greatest ever?

Feel free to use any criteria you want and to post your reasoning.

For example, as we all know, Jimmy White never won the big one but wasnt he the biggest draw of the game ever?

Post your thoughts and vote.

Last edited by Hobo on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Who is the greatest player of all time? Empty Re: Who is the greatest player of all time?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 am

Alex Higgins had it all for me.

Talent, Charisma, Demons.

He was the George Best of Snooker.

Back to top Go down

Who is the greatest player of all time? Empty Re: Who is the greatest player of all time?

Post by RocketAce Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:27 pm

as regards stats and wins of tournaments the stephen hendry is the greatest player of all time.

however i your look into other things like talent and flair the ronnie o'sullivan alex higgins jimmy white all come to mind

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav110 Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Stephen Hendry, as many have acknowledged, for titles alone.
Gav110
Gav110

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Have to say that for me its Hendry. His desire and will to win coupled with his amazing century tally is unequaled.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 pm

eirebilly wrote:Have to say that for me its Hendry. His desire and will to win coupled with his amazing century tally is unequaled.

welcome eirebilly, nice to see a long time respected 606 poster here :friend:

RocketAce

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Thought i would join Sirius, looks like a fine forum. cudos to those that made it.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 pm

eirebilly wrote:Thought i would join Sirius, looks like a fine forum. cudos to those that made it.
well you can report back to the island and tell them im not crazy

RocketAce

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Sirius B wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Thought i would join Sirius, looks like a fine forum. cudos to those that made it.
well you can report back to the island and tell them im not crazy

I have absolutely no idea what you mean??

Anyways heres to talking about snooker.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi - Eirebilly. I am won of the founders of the site - hope you enjoy it here.

As sirius said - spread the word on the island and get more over here. The more snooker members, the better the chat

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Hobo wrote:Hi - Eirebilly. I am won of the founders of the site - hope you enjoy it here.

As sirius said - spread the word on the island and get more over here. The more snooker members, the better the chat

yes, the island is a great snooker forum...I know there is quite a few of members on there that regular post on 606, my point is why wait till 606 is shut down to come here? all is free to come here now thumbsup

RocketAce

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Hobo wrote:Hi - Eirebilly. I am won of the founders of the site - hope you enjoy it here.

Nice job Hobo. The guys at Snooker Island are aware of this site and have been very positive about it and wish you the best. Snooker Island will still remain their place for snooker talk but i would'nt be suprised if quite a few joined (when the 606 closes) to discuss other sports.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 pm

eirebilly wrote:

Nice job Hobo. The guys at Snooker Island are aware of this site and have been very positive about it and wish you the best. Snooker Island will still remain their place for snooker talk but i would'nt be suprised if quite a few joined (when the 606 closes) to discuss other sports.

agreed

RocketAce

Back to top Go down

Post by VintageStorm Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Plenty of great players to choose from. Was always a Hendry fan growing up, and his seven world titles is a strong argument for being considered the best ever, but he lacked Steve Davis' tactical nous, while Ronnie is the most fluent and naturally gifted but lacks the temperament to sustain consistency from one event to the next. I chose John Higgins as the best ever; combining breakbuilding to rival Hendry or O'Sullivan, safety play and tactical know-how which is the equal of Davis at his best. Pound for pound this combination puts him marginally ahead of the rest.

VintageStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

In my time its got to be Stephen Hendry, he had the lot. A close second was Steve Davis
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by themill72 Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Imo it has to be Alex Higgins, Growing up in the 70's and 80's i was lucky enough to see this genious play.

themill72

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I've gone for Ronnie O'Sullivain. A great player despite his troubles
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down