The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ????

+2
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ???? Empty Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul - 10:05

The shortage of capacity at Heathrow is estimated to cost the economy £14 billion a year in lost trade....It's estimated to rise to £26 billion next year !!...Certainly the UK is well behind other leading Countries in its transportation infrastracture.........Thousands and thousands of jobs will be created with a third runway and the UK will more adequately be able to satisfy new and growing global markets....Let's face it very cost effective.

Obviously on the downside there will job losses as a result of relocation.....and also people will have to be re-housed...

Probably makes better sense to build in a less densely capacitated area...

Noise and air pollution and the damage to the environment.....will have to be considered.....Co2 emissions will rise quite dramatically.......

With the growth of the internet and tele conferencing maybe the need for a new runway will not be as vital in years to come as it is now..

There are good arguments for and against.......If honest.

Me I'm for it....................Where are you ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ???? Empty Re: Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ????

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 2 Jul - 10:27

3 years and countless £££s to tell us what we already knew - new runway at Heathrow!!

Worst bit is the damn Tories (my only real negative when voting for them) are so reliant on West London & Home Counties that they may still try block it.

Government has been able to borrow cheaply at record levels the last couple of years. Leave it another couple and the cost could double!!

To be blunt, only an utter moron would campaign against increasing airport capacity, there is no reasonable argument against it, just a case of where. And Heathrow presented the lowest cost, in terms of employment loss/gain, infrastructure investment required AND environmental.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ???? Empty Re: Heathrow's third runway needs building........right ????

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 2 Jul - 10:40

Doubt this will happen while the current goverment are in charge as so many of its own MPs are against it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 2 Jul - 10:42

Exactly. FFS. Providing the economy is in rude health by 2020, might even make me want to switch back to Red......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 2 Jul - 12:05

TopHat24/7 wrote:Exactly. FFS. Providing the economy is in rude health by 2020, might even make me want to switch back to Red......

That is actually true when the economy is good historically people feel more comfortable voting Labour

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 2 Jul - 12:17

wheelchair1991 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Exactly. FFS. Providing the economy is in rude health by 2020, might even make me want to switch back to Red......

That is actually true when the economy is good historically people feel more comfortable voting Labour

And then Labour ruin the economy, so we have a switch back to Blue.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Jul - 12:20

It's pretty mental not to build more runways - our main airport only having two runways is a joke and surely quite dangerous, compared to somewhere like Amsterdam who have six.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul - 12:27

Duty281 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:

Rather have Labour running it than UKIPers........

Never seen so many dumb butts..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 2 Jul - 12:39

wheelchair1991 wrote:

Yep, because people don't trust traditional Labour to run an economy efficiently and productively but they do see them as better at spreading the spoils of capitalism's success and being generally 'fairer'. People are happier to pay for this 'fairness' when feeling most flush.

New Labour did a good job for a while of challenging this mindset.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul - 13:12

The minimum wage challenged this mindset did it ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 2 Jul - 13:24

No, presiding over a seemingly successful strong economy did. Numbnuts.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul - 13:29

TopHat24/7 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:

People are happier to pay for this 'fairness' when feeling most flush.

Be a little more clear next time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 2 Jul - 13:52

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:

Rather have Labour running it than UKIPers........

Never seen so many dumb butts..

That would be the UKIPers with the only economically viable manifesto of 2015, right?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 2 Jul - 13:55

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:

People are happier to pay for this 'fairness' when feeling most flush.

Be a little more clear next time..

Or maybe you just need to improve your understanding of the English language and how basic prose works.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul - 13:56

You never stop learning do you....

Learned the other day Billy Conn was a top 20 heavy !!.. Wink

Let's move on I apologise If I misread your "prose".... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 9 Jul - 12:39

The noise will be unbearable for people who chose to buy a house in the Heathrow area.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 9 Jul - 15:29

More necro-posting......FFS.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 9 Jul - 23:29

Why is commenting on a post on page 1 of a discussion forum 'Necro-posting' ffs?
First time I've seen the topic due to busy working and spending time with family. Sorry if I offend you in any way.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down