The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

+38
Bob_the_Job
Be_the_ball
EdWoodjr
sportform
McLaren
raycastleunited
liverbnz
John Cregan
1GrumpyGolfer
ralphjohn69
hend085
owen10ozzy
George1507
Seve76
Roller_Coaster
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
MontysMerkin
Scottrf
beninho
LadyPutt
gw
twoeightnine
MustPuttBetter
incontinentia
puligny
robopz
JAS
Shotrock
barragan
navyblueshorts
SmithersJones
Davie
I'm never wrong
super_realist
GPB
kwinigolfer
pedro
sirbenson
42 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by sirbenson Sun 12 Jul 2015, 11:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Congrats to Zach Johnson


Last edited by sirbenson on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm; edited 12 times in total

sirbenson

Posts : 2808
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down


THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm

Monty, DJ watshisname makes some decent points there to be fair, particularly the comparison the Zach Johnson who, prior to this week, won his last (only) major in 2007, one year preceding Tiger's last. So therefore, by the logic being applied to Tiger, should have retired long before winning this Open. It's a decent comparison to make.
Of course it misses the fact that in the intervening period ZJs performances never dropped to a standard unrecognizable from his former, say 2007, self. Unlike Tiger.
Yes it could all come together for Tiger next year and he could play 4 amazing rounds at the PGA and win it but these maybes will be the case forever. Greg Norman could come out of retirement and shoot 4 rounds in the 60s and win a Major. See Tom Watson at Turnberry. It could happen. It's unlikely but not impossible. How long can Tiger go on on the basis it might one day all fall together.
For what it's worth I'd be amazed if calling it a day hadn't, at least briefly, crossed his mind already


Last edited by MustPuttBetter on Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 42
Location : Woking

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by LadyPutt Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:
it's just a pity that those of us who are at work and have other things to do this evening probably won't see most of it. I've recorded it but it will be impossible to avoid knowing who has won before I watch the coverage tomorrow!

LP - how did that work out for you when coverage switched from BBC1 to BBC2 right before the play off? Annoying!
It didn't - I missed it! Settled down to watch the end last night and it cut me off in my prime furious
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Posts : 1141
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 71
Location : Fife, Scotland

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:42 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:
it's just a pity that those of us who are at work and have other things to do this evening probably won't see most of it. I've recorded it but it will be impossible to avoid knowing who has won before I watch the coverage tomorrow!

LP - how did that work out for you when coverage switched from BBC1 to BBC2 right before the play off? Annoying!
It didn't - I missed it! Settled down to watch the end last night and it cut me off in my prime furious

Surely it was on Iplayer?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:45 pm

Assuming you are watching BBC through a sky box you could just have set the recording to 'series link' and it would have recorded the lot for you
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 42
Location : Woking

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:49 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/21/tiger-woods-like-robert-de-niro-has-earned-the-right-to-be-terrible

A good read and hard to disagree with most of the points.

As for Tiger damaging his legacy, I think we all know his skin colour and lack of donations to the GOP have already ensured his legacy has been damaged.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by SmithersJones Wed 22 Jul 2015, 4:11 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Assuming you are watching BBC through a sky box you could just have set the recording to 'series link' and it would have recorded the lot for you

Actually no, I tried to record the playoff and got an error message saying 'Current programme cannot be inserted into the planner'.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Posts : 2094
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 22 Jul 2015, 9:26 pm

SmithersJones wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:Assuming you are watching BBC through a sky box you could just have set the recording to 'series link' and it would have recorded the lot for you

Actually no, I tried to record the playoff and got an error message saying 'Current programme cannot be inserted into the planner'.

Well yes actually as series link it is what I did. Maybe just a problem your end SJ
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 42
Location : Woking

Back to top Go down

THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 15 Empty Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum