The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
kingraf
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Adam D
rIck_dAgless
Galted
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
seanmichaels
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
16 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sonia is looking trim again, might be worth another crack?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:02 am

Also implies that he could be related to Forest Whitaker.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:04 am

Thanks Superfly, am trying not to let Tina's negativity grind me down. I know missing the insect questions on University Challenge upset him, so I am putting his mood down to this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:05 am

F*ck you, Superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:11 am

Rowley wrote:Thanks Superfly, am trying not to let Tina's negativity grind me down. I know missing the insect questions on University Challenge upset him, so I am putting his mood down to this.

For the sake of f*ck, all I am asking for is some sort of acknowledgement for what a great gag it was. It's not much to ask for. As usual, you just ride roughshod over everyone with another celebrity anecdote. It was a dead lion quip! A dead lion quip! How many of those have we had?

Galted would appreciate it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Ther's also a Bullseye in Zimbabwe on the side of a Lion!!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

seanmichaels wrote:Ther's also a Bullseye in Zimbabwe on the side of a Lion!!

L*l

ROFLMAO

Laugh Laugh Laugh

laughing laughing laughing

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:19 am

That's a f*cking great gag, Sean. Brilliant.

Can you back it up with a made up anecdote about a 1980's TV presenter?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:20 am

Henry Kelly opened the pavilion at my prep school!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:21 am

As in he cut the ribbon to commemorate the opening of the new structure. It wasn't his daily job.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:22 am

Made up! You sir, owe me an apology.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

Rowley wrote:Made up! You sir, owe me an apology.

Whatever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:24 am

You seem a little grumpy today Tina. I find out tomorrow if I am unemployed or not, but I have managed to turn my frown upside down. Try a little harder to be a glass half full type.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:26 am

Rowley wrote:You seem a little grumpy today Tina. I find out tomorrow if I am unemployed or not, but I have managed to turn my frown upside down. Try a little harder to be a glass half full type.

Sorry Jeff. I'll try harder. Hope it goes well tomorrow.

It was a f*cking great gag though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:27 am

Bloody hell, the cc's employment status is being ransacked.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

I might have something else lined up Sean, so fingers crossed if all goes well all it will really mean to me is some free money.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:31 am

Rowley wrote:I might have something else lined up Sean, so fingers crossed if all goes well all it will really mean to me is some free money.

Gregg's back on the recruitment drive? Good to see.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:32 am

Just read your gag Tino and I must say it was bloody good. Would have responded sooner but I was distracted by Jeff's fascinating anecdote.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:33 am

Galted wrote:Just read your gag Tino and I must say it was bloody good. Would have responded sooner but I was distracted by Jeff's fascinating anecdote.

I f*cking love you, Galted. I really f*cking do.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:39 am

I did apply at Robert Dyas Tina, I put you down as a reference but have not heard anything back.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:41 am

Rowley wrote:I did apply at Robert Dyas Tina, I put you down as a reference but have not heard anything back.

You shouldn't have put me down. Not after I got caught w*nking in the outdoor furniture aisle.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

I believe windows is back office now. The young French girl replaced him in the Outdoor living section.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:I believe windows is back office now. The young French girl replaced him in the Outdoor living section.

I'm out. She is the reason I was w*nking in the outdoor furniture.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:14 pm

The soups were carp, so ended up with a salad... A phucking salad, even beef Hula Hoops couldn't save it... 4/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:41 pm

rick_dagless wrote:The soups were carp, so ended up with a salad... A phucking salad, even beef Hula Hoops couldn't save it... 4/10

Corned beef and pickle sandwich. Plain crisps made by a company called 'Corkers' which I can't say without imagining that I am Sean.

Lunch was, however, saved by a homemade (not by me) scotch egg with Gloucester old spot pig and black pudding. F*cking ace.

Took it from a 6/10 to a 8.14/10.

Just about to eat some Jaffa cakes for afters.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:44 pm

It was all sounding quite northern (particularly the sandwich) until the scotch egg tina. May have saved the lunch but destroyed the northernness.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 12:46 pm

Rowley wrote:It was all sounding quite northern (particularly the sandwich) until the scotch egg tina. May have saved the lunch but destroyed the northernness.

It had black pudding in it! It couldn't be anymore northern.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm

Plenty more northern than mine Tina. Cheese salad sarnie (underwhelming), a sandwich with no meat is more southern than paying over a fiver for a pint.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:06 pm

Do all northerners call pork pies 'growlers'? My Dad does, 'had a smashing growler for lunch'...... Means something slightly different to me

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:06 pm

Rowley wrote:Plenty more northern than mine Tina. Cheese salad sarnie (underwhelming), a sandwich with no meat is more southern than paying over a fiver for a pint.

Please tell me you had white bread?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm

I'm afraid not Tina, trying to get my weight slightly below top hat proportions so brown bread as well.

Sean I have never heard of a pork pie being referred to as a growler. Where is your old man from? That lot across the Pennines have some funny ways.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm

Rowley wrote:

Sean I have never heard of a pork pie being referred to as a growler. Where is your old man from? That lot across the Pennines have some funny ways.

I'm from left of the Pennines. We don't call them growlers.

RiCK? You lot are a bit weird in Northwich. Ever heard of it being called a growler?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:18 pm

North Yorkshire. I'm going to have to google this.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

TIno wrote:RiCK? You lot are a bit weird in Northwich. Ever heard of it being called a growler?

Never heard of it, can say that it is not used in West Yorkshire either, or Northumbria for that matter...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:23 pm

From the Sheffield forum

[quote]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard

Aren’t words wonderful?
I was born and dragged up in Sheffield and have never heard of a growler being a pork pie or even a rough looking woman. A growler for me is something smaller than a bergy bit and for that I better point you to an explanation lol
http://ice-glaces.ec.gc.ca/App/WsvPa...11000&Lang=eng

Its not a Sheffield term, its a Tyke term originating in Leeds I believe.
[\quote]

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:25 pm

It appears pork pies were always readily available in shops so when your stomach rumbled (growled) you would pop in quickly and get a growler.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:28 pm

I live next to Leeds and have never heard it called a growler, a growler is slang for ladyparts, but that is about it....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:29 pm

English language is fascinating. A growler in the west country is a big turd.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:30 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I live next to Leeds and have never heard it called a growler, a growler is slang for ladyparts, but that is about it....

I believe (although Serial may correct me) that ex Liverpool player Robbie Fowler was also know as Growler.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:31 pm

'The alternative A-Z of Yorkshire':

"The Yorkshire Post once celebrated the growler by asking journalists to take into the office their favourite pie, the offerings to be judged for listing in an article by those well-used to the liquefied jelly running down their chin as their teeth sank into pink filling. The result was unanimous; the winner was a small shop on Kirkstall Road in Leeds. Weeks later the self-same shop was closed down by public health inspectors."

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:32 pm

This is for DAVE

https://secure.emp-online.co.uk/com_2799_participate/?wt_mc=nl.intern.snl.slayer_bmt_00000_competition.20150812

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

I like Homity pies.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:34 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I like Homity pies.

Looks more like a tart? Definitely southern.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:36 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I like Homity pies.

Looks more like a tart? Definitely southern.....

I think they originate from the West Country (along with massive turds) but they are popular in the North West. Used to be a cracking butchers in Warrington that sold them. We used to steal buy them from there quite often.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm

I like a pie, Pukka Steak and Ale is a big favourite.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm

What is the quality of fray bentos pies like? Old man used to cook them for me and the brother when we were young. Remember them being nice but I can't imagine the meat is any good?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm

Feck that....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2980944/Father-finds-live-MAGGOTS-2-49-Fray-Bentos-steak-kidney-pie.html

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm

My favourite pie is lemon meringue pie, they are absolutely scrumptious.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

Galted wrote:My favourite pie is lemon meringue pie, they are absolutely scrumptious.

Glated....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Aug 2015, 1:45 pm

I am starving now. Pie chips peas and gravy tonight

http://greatnorthpie.co/menu/

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Aug 2015, 2:01 pm

Fray Bentos pies are the work of Satan Sean, absolutely rank. Get a Pukka, trust me they take some beating. I also like a steak and kidney pudding, take a while to cook though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next