The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

+21
profitius
George Carlin
Cardiff Dave
Welshmushroom
stub
wayne
XR
Stone Motif
The Great Aukster
thebandwagonsociety
Marshes
SecretFly
LeinsterFan4life
PhilBB
Irish Londoner
Notch
LordDowlais
cp10
ScarletSpiderman
Chunky Norwich
Sin é
25 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 18 Empty PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Sin é Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:51

First topic message reminder :

Welcome Martin Anayi, you are going to have your hands full.

Read more at http://www.pro12rugby.com/news/17587.php#kJPQdWr0F2UKZ8DF.99
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 18 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by LordDowlais Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:54

Munchkin wrote:the same WRU that pays the Regions...

What WRU is that then, because the current one, that I know about does not pay the regions.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 18 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:54

Munchkin wrote:

They work for the same company.... The Welsh officials are recruited and developed by WRU, the same WRU that pays the Regions...

So then, you're saying Clancy doesn't cheat in internationals, but that he cheats in league games? Any evidence?.

What an odd interpretation. I understand that the WRU pays its pro teams for services provided, but I have no idea what that has to do with Heaslip and Clancy being employed by the same organisation.

The question, fair play, is Key Stage 2 message board diversion tactics. There's a reason why Clancy cannot officiate Ireland as its seen as a potential clash, yet he's ok to ref his colleagues in the Pr'O12 because its just a development ground for the IRFU.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:54

Munchkin wrote:

They work for the same company.... The Welsh officials are recruited and developed by WRU, the same WRU that pays the Regions...

So then, you're saying Clancy doesn't cheat in internationals, but that he cheats in league games? Any evidence?.

What an odd interpretation. I understand that the WRU pays its pro teams for services provided, but I have no idea what that has to do with Heaslip and Clancy being employed by the same organisation.

The question, fair play, is Key Stage 2 message board diversion tactics. There's a reason why Clancy cannot officiate Ireland as its seen as a potential clash, yet he's ok to ref his colleagues in the Pr'O12 because its just a development ground for the IRFU.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:55

LordDowlais wrote:

What WRU is that then, because the current one, that I know about does not pay the regions.

It pays them each £750,000 per annum.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:56

Sin é wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I said they were tournament costs. For example, ERC would have paid the Heineken Cup referees and 6Ns would pay 6Ns referees used.

Great, thanks. Any chance of a link to that information? Or a source? Cheers.

If you do a bit of googling you will see it explained how referees are paid (mostly explaining to amateur players how to claim ref costs/claim expenses).

Use your cop-on! Why are Refs were Specsaver branded gear? What happens to that money?

I did a bit of Googling and found that the IRFU employ referees and pay a lot of money (over €300,000 a year) towards them.

Now, are you able to provide a link to your claim? It seems that you are not.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:57

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I said the tournament paid them (i.e., 6Ns, Quad Nations, ERC, Celtic Rugby), not World Rugby.

I know you did. What you haven't produced is a source for that claim or any evidence to support it, despite me asking more than four times.

Funny that.

Because you have not come up with a reason as to why the WRU would pay Nigel Owens to ref New Zealand v South Africa in the Quad Nations. You might also tell do they also pay his expenses to get there.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:57

Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I said the tournament paid them (i.e., 6Ns, Quad Nations, ERC, Celtic Rugby), not World Rugby.

I know you did. What you haven't produced is a source for that claim or any evidence to support it, despite me asking more than four times.

Funny that.

Where's you evidence to prove him wrong?

I've produced all I have so far. Just the costs involved and there was that lovely link from Sin to note that Fitzgibbon is an IRFU employee.

Other than that, I've nothing. Therefore, I'd love to see the mysterious evidence that is the basis for Sin's opinion.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:58

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

It pays them each £750,000 per annum.

A fair amount for producing talent for team Wales, so they are not giving money for nothing, and they do not own the regions.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:58

LordDowlais wrote:

You don't think the WRU pays the Regions? You're a lost cause. Do you ever read anything outside of these forums?

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:00

Sin é wrote:

Because you have not come up with a reason as to why the WRU would pay Nigel Owens to ref  New Zealand v South Africa in the Quad Nations. You might also tell do they also pay his expenses to get there.

The WRU could pay O'wens to referee that game because they will get a free contra deal of, say, Jackson refereeing an Autumn Friendly in return, or they could pay him because the 4N tournament will meet the fee charged by the WRU, or that World Rugby could set the standard and note which Union must provide any number of referees.

I don't know.

What I also don't know is the basis for your opinion because you've refused to provide it despite having had hours to 'Google it'
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:01

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Only odd to your skewed way of thinking, I suppose. You have difficulty joining the dots, it appears, when faced with something that challenges your world view.

So you're saying Clancy is a cheat? Just spit it out, Phil. Is Clancy a cheat?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:02

Munchkin wrote:You don't think the WRU pays the Regions? You're a lost cause. Do you ever read anything outside of these forums?

I'm the lost cause because I know what actually goes on in my country as apposed to somebody who lives hundreds of miles away.

OK I will play this game for you, show me evidence of the WRU giving/paying the regions money for nothing.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:03

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Funny that.

Where's you evidence to prove him wrong?

I've produced all I have so far. Just the costs involved and there was that lovely link from Sin to note that Fitzgibbon is an IRFU employee.

Other than that, I've nothing. Therefore, I'd love to see the mysterious evidence that is the basis for Sin's opinion.

Fitzbiggon is a Referee Development Officer for the IRFU in North Munster.

BECOMING A REFEREE
Becoming a RefereeAre you interested in becoming a referee? The IRFU Referee Department is here to help. We have a dedicated team of people in all four provinces to help get you started and assisting you to progress as a referee.

The IRFU offer a range of courses and coaching workshops, commencing at "starter" level and up through the grades. Find out more, by contacting the Recruitment Officer in your area, or, contact the IRFU directly:

IRFU Referee Department
Owen Doyle
Director of Referees
01 6473804

Dave McHugh
Referee Performance Manager
David.McHugh@irfu.ie
086 0260012

Tracy Lennon
Referee Administrator
mailto:Julie.Ashmore@irfu.ie
01 6473804
Neysa Herity
Referee Administrator
Neysa.Herity@irfu.ie
01 6473861
IRFU Referee Development Staff
Sean Gallagher - Connacht
Referee Development Officer
Sean.Gallagher@irfu.ie
086 1735096

Peter Fitzgibbon - Connacht/North Munster
Referee Development Manager for Munster
Peter.Fitzgibbon@irfu.ie
086 8322987
David Wilkinson - Ulster
Referee Development Manager
David.Wilkinson@irfu.ie
0 (44) 28 90493111
David O'Brien - Leinster
Referee Development Manager
David.O'Brien@irfu.ie
087 6418340
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:04

Munchkin wrote:
Only odd to your skewed way of thinking, I suppose. You have difficulty joining the dots, it appears, when faced with something that challenges your world view.

You're right, your way of thinking is at odds with mine. And, it seems, at odds with professional sport.

We've seen all major sports no longer officiated by 'home' officials, not for reasons of cheating, but to allow transparency. It's in keeping with your view, from what I've worked out in this thread, that you cannot see that.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:05

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Because you have not come up with a reason as to why the WRU would pay Nigel Owens to ref  New Zealand v South Africa in the Quad Nations. You might also tell do they also pay his expenses to get there.

The WRU could pay O'wens to referee that game because they will get a free contra deal of, say, Jackson refereeing an Autumn Friendly in return, or they could pay him because the 4N tournament will meet the fee charged by the WRU, or that World Rugby could set the standard and note which Union must provide any number of referees.

I don't know.

What I also don't know is the basis for your opinion because you've refused to provide it despite having had hours to 'Google it'

ah, Good old bartering then. Do you have a link?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:06

Sin é wrote:

Yes, an IRFU employee. Well done. We've noted this.

Instead of Googling that, why didn't you Google something to support your claim instead of disproving it?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:07

Sin é wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I don't know.

ah, Good old bartering then. Do you have a link?

Why would I have a link to something that I don't know? What an odd interpretation.

Now, seems as you claimed that you did know (despite producing evidence that disproved what you claimed you know) do you have a shred of evidence to prove your opinion?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:07

LordDowlais wrote:
Munchkin wrote:You don't think the WRU pays the Regions? You're a lost cause. Do you ever read anything outside of these forums?

I'm the lost cause because I know what actually goes on in my country as apposed to somebody who lives hundreds of miles away.

OK I will play this game for you, show me evidence of the WRU giving/paying the regions money for nothing.

What a dense argument. What on earth has distance got to do with it. For someone who knows what goes on in your country, why then have you been corrected by your fellow countrymen?

The evidence is in the WRU accounts. Accounts that I have made a point of researching. For goodness sake get of your @rse and look for yourself, instead of lazily accepted what you imagine to be true as fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:09

Sin é wrote:

Fitzbiggon is a Referee Development Officer for the IRFU

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And another!

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:09

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Instead of Googling that, why didn't you Google something to support your claim instead of disproving it?

Do you think Fitzgibbon's match fees are included in what he gets paid to be a Referee Development Officer?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 17:10

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

You're right, your way of thinking is at odds with mine. And, it seems, at odds with professional sport.

We've seen all major sports no longer officiated by 'home' officials, not for reasons of cheating, but to allow transparency. It's in keeping with your view, from what I've worked out in this thread, that you cannot see that.

Stop playing the politician and answer the question directly. Is Clancy a cheat?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon Sep 07 2015, 18:42

Chunky Norwich wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:It's good to know that a referee is not biased by his region, so I suppose that's put to bed the idea that a referee is biased by his province.

Yup. Just his employers / colleagues.

So if a referee works for an English Insurance company or a Scottish bank they are biased towards their employer's nationality. An interesting if somewhat paranoid minority view.

Work colleagues are so called because they work with each other. So just as Lacey trains with Munster, Owens trains with the Ospreys i.e. colleagues working together. Fitzgibbon doesn't train with Ulster nor does Hodges train with Glasgow i.e. not colleagues working together.

All good conspiracy theories needs some shred of evidence, and since there doesn't seem to be any evidence of bias by Irish or indeed any other referee in the Pro12, this one will have to be consigned to the delusional paranoia bin.

Maybe it's time to get on the 'provinces resting players from the Pro12' conspiracy theory? Here's a fact - Ulster were missing half a team from Friday's game (where they beat the Ospreys) because of the IRFU restrictions - does that look like they're not taking the League seriously?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Sep 07 2015, 18:46

The Great Aukster wrote:

So if a referee works for an English Insurance company or a Scottish bank they are biased towards their employer's nationality. An interesting if somewhat paranoid minority view.

Work colleagues are so called because they work with each other. So just as Lacey trains with Munster, Owens trains with the Ospreys i.e. colleagues working together. Fitzgibbon doesn't train with Ulster nor does Hodges train with Glasgow i.e. not colleagues working together.

All good conspiracy theories needs some shred of evidence, and since there doesn't seem to be any evidence of bias by Irish or indeed any other referee in the Pro12, this one will have to be consigned to the delusional paranoia bin.

More nonsense I'm afraid. Fitzgibbon is paid by the IRFU, then goes out to judge other people paid by the IRFU against people who are not paid by the IRFU.

That...is a fact. But as usual don't let 'em get in the way of your agenda / delusion.

Maybe it's time to get on the 'provinces resting players from the Pro12' conspiracy theory? Here's a fact - Ulster were missing half a team from Friday's game (where they beat the Ospreys) because of the IRFU restrictions - does that look like they're not taking the League seriously?

Of course not. It's during a sanctioned test window due to a major tournament, silly.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:01

Sin é wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Do you think Fitzgibbon's match fees are included in what he gets paid to be a Referee Development Officer?

I've no idea if he gets one monthly salary payment from the IRFU or more. It's not really my concern.

What is my concern is that I've spent some time 'arguing' with somebody who claimed that the IRFU do not employ referees only to then produce a link to contradict his / her own argument

That's pretty impressive, isn't it?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:03

Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Stop playing the politician and answer the question directly. Is Clancy a cheat?

I've no idea if he is or if he is not. None whatsoever.

What I do know, however, is that he should not be put in a position where he needs to referee his colleagues. That is, of course, if the PrO'12 is to be taken seriously which, according the IRFU's own Annual Report, it won't be by them
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:04

The Great Aukster wrote:

Fair play, I thought that I'd see some childlike attempts at straw man arguments in this thread but, by God, that beats them all hands down.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:09

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

What I do know, however, is that he should not be put in a position where he needs to referee his colleagues. That is, of course, if the PrO'12 is to be taken seriously which, according the IRFU's own Annual Report, it won't be by them

So you have never stated that Irish referees cheat?

"his colleagues"..... Just another invention, the product of desperation.

Do you think a police officer would describe a tax inspector as a colleague? No? Didn't think so....

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:36

Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Do you think a police officer would describe a tax inspector as a colleague? No? Didn't think so....

If you got taken to court by someone and the beak was on the same payroll would you be happy?No?Didn't think so.....
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:37

Munchkin wrote:

Well, the Police Office and the tax inspector (do you have them in Ireland) wouldn't be paid by the same organisation.

I'm not sure why you're still concentrating on your straw man of cheating, mind you. Maybe you could explain, in the context of why Clancy cannot officiate an Ireland Test Match.

Also, I'm not sure what you are framing this alleged 'depression' as - what's there to be desperate about?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:37

Stone Motif wrote:

If you got taken to court by someone and the beak was on the same payroll would you be happy?No?Didn't think so.....

That would be why the Judiciary is independent, no?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:45

Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

That doesn't make a lot of sense, Stone. What happens if a police officer is taken to court, by the tax office, to be sentenced by a judge? All the same employer. In the little paranoid world of a few of you, that is something that should never happen....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:49

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Well, the Police Office and the tax inspector (do you have them in Ireland) wouldn't be paid by the same organisation.

I'm not sure why you're still concentrating on your straw man of cheating, mind you. Maybe you could explain, in the context of why Clancy cannot officiate an Ireland Test Match.

Also, I'm not sure what you are framing this alleged 'depression' as - what's there to be desperate about?

Yes, being part of the UK (Northern Ireland), we do have them.

They are both civil servants, and both paid by the Government. Stop making things up.

"alleged depression".... Are you feeling ok?

Answer my question; have you ever stated that Irish referees are cheats?

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Mon Sep 07 2015, 20:52

Munchkin wrote:

They are both civil servants, and both paid by the Government. Stop making things up.

Pass, can't remember every game I've ever seen to know if I have or not.

Alleged desperation - auto corrected - what's that all about?

Government departments are all the same to you? And you're using that to justify the Irish view to the PrO'12? Marvellous.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:03

PhilBB wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Pass, can't remember every game I've ever seen to know if I have or not.

Alleged desperation - auto corrected - what's that all about?

Government departments are all the same to you? And you're using that to justify the Irish view to the PrO'12? Marvellous.

You don't know if you have ever called an Irish referee a cheat? Either your memory sucks, or an Irish ref cheating doesn't really mean anything to you.......or .......... you're telling porkies. I say porkies.

It would have to be desperation that drives you to throw out such wafer thin arguments. You have nothing on the Irish ref's so you come up with a load of piffle, and attach a sound bite to it (colleague). You dreamt up the 'colleague' thing when the more obvious allegation would be national bias. The problem with that, for you, is it would be thrown back in your face.

Paranoia must be a terrible thing to live with, though I suppose the tin hatted conspiracy theorists embrace it, as it gives meaning to their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:14

Munchkin wrote:

If you got taken to court by someone and the beak was on the same payroll would you be happy?No?Didn't think so.....[/quote]

That doesn't make a lot of sense, Stone. What happens if a police officer is taken to court, by the tax office, to be sentenced by a judge? All the same employer. In the little paranoid world of a few of you, that is something that should never happen....[/quote]

Makes sense to whoever stopped Clancy refereeing Ireland internationals
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:29

Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

That doesn't make a lot of sense, Stone. What happens if a police officer is taken to court, by the tax office, to be sentenced by a judge? All the same employer. In the little paranoid world of a few of you, that is something that should never happen....[/quote]

Makes sense to whoever stopped Clancy refereeing Ireland internationals[/quote]

We are discussing Pro12 level, not internationals. The same Pro12 that has Welsh ref's officiating Regions v Provinces. Strange that I never hear the wailing from the usual suspects about that injustice.

I would actually prefer neutral refs referring all games, however, the reality is for that to happen we would need Scotland and Italy to provide more ref's, or even bring in ref's from elsewhere, like England. Not that ref's can be found in abundance anywhere. Not surprising....

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:34

PhilBB wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

Fair play, I thought that I'd see some childlike attempts at straw man arguments in this thread but, by God, that beats them all hands down.

Thanks PhilB but I can't really take credit for Chunky's argument.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:41

Careful there Munchkin, that's far to constructive amongst the xenophobia...

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:50

Keep posting folks, usually at about page 20 the thread has to be locked due to length... we're almost there! Yahoo

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:01

Munchkin wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

That doesn't make a lot of sense, Stone. What happens if a police officer is taken to court, by the tax office, to be sentenced by a judge? All the same employer. In the little paranoid world of a few of you, that is something that should never happen....

Makes sense to whoever stopped Clancy refereeing Ireland internationals[/quote]

We are discussing Pro12 level, not internationals. The same Pro12 that has Welsh ref's officiating Regions v Provinces. Strange that I never hear the wailing from the usual suspects about that injustice.

I would actually prefer neutral refs referring all games, however, the reality is for that to happen we would need Scotland and Italy to provide more ref's, or even bring in ref's from elsewhere, like England. Not that ref's can be found in abundance anywhere. Not surprising....[/quote]

You missed the bit where it was questioned why Clancy does not referee fellow IRFU employees in international matches yet it is okay for him to referee those same employees in the PrO'12. Conflict of interest.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:02

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I've no idea if he gets one monthly salary payment from the IRFU or more. It's not really my concern.

What is my concern is that I've spent some time 'arguing' with somebody who claimed that the IRFU do not employ referees only to then produce a link to contradict his / her own argument

That's pretty impressive, isn't it?

Who employs George Clancy? The IRFU or the Revenue Commissioners?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:08

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Ah, to be fair to Marty, I've published the wrong figures there.

Now, to return to the point in hand, the IRFU contracts all players.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/contracts-could-cost-irfu-up-to-3m-1.105268
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/irish/2011/1221/288932-irfu/

Crickey, a lot has changed since 1996. For instance, Munster Rugby was still amateur and only being set up. It didn't get a CEO for another 2 or 3 years!

Much changed since the article from rte?

Yea, plenty. The IRFU are not as strict about only one NIQ per position between the Provinces.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:11

Sooooo the question is whether George Clancy should referee Irish Revenue games? Wouldnt that depend on what section he is in (PAYE versus Income Tax for example).

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:12

Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

I would actually prefer neutral refs referring all games, however, the reality is for that to happen we would need Scotland and Italy to provide more ref's, or even bring in ref's from elsewhere, like England. Not that ref's can be found in abundance anywhere. Not surprising....[/quote]

You missed the bit where it was questioned why Clancy does not referee fellow IRFU employees in international matches yet it is okay for him to referee those same employees in the PrO'12. Conflict of interest.[/quote]

I'm just surprised that you don't appreciate the rivalry between the Provinces. Its highly unlikely that Alain Rolland would do Munster any favours (and he never did) when reffing. If anything, he was always a bit sympathetic to the opposition.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:16

ME-109 wrote:Sooooo the question is whether George Clancy should referee Irish Revenue games? Wouldnt that depend on what section he is in (PAYE versus Income Tax for example).

Bearing in mind his namesake George Clancy, former Major of Limerick was murdered by the Black & Tans, should young George be reffing any England games/team ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clancy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon Sep 07 2015, 22:19

Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Sooooo the question is whether George Clancy should referee Irish Revenue games? Wouldnt that depend on what section he is in (PAYE versus Income Tax for example).

Bearing in mind his namesake George Clancy, former Major of Limerick was murdered by the Black & Tans, should young George be reffing any England games/team ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Clancy

Well I doubt it was for a refereeing decision...although given the vitriol thrown at refs in An Bhreatain Bheag for decisions you couldnt tell

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 23:00

The Great Aukster wrote:Careful there Munchkin, that's far to constructive amongst the xenophobia...

Paranoid xenophobia.... I have to say that I've never heard of the condition before, but it seems to be rampant in a tiny village somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07 2015, 23:03

Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

You missed the bit where it was questioned why Clancy does not referee fellow IRFU employees in international matches yet it is okay for him to referee those same employees in the PrO'12. Conflict of interest.[/quote]

Good grief, mun. You're the one that has missed it. I actually explained why Irish and welsh ref's officiate at games involving their Provinces/Regions, but it didn't compute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Mon Sep 07 2015, 23:05

Jesus I thought this donkey's hind legs were talked off when bandwagonsociety brought up that stats last year that Irish teams have worse results under irish refs. What part of the donkey are ye talking off now?

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Sep 07 2015, 23:07

the cart............

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next