The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
JuliusHMarx
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
Adam D
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Rowley
15 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

WADAW.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:02 am

quiz coming shortly

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:03 am

seanmichaels wrote:Crazy fools?

My favourite wrestler of all time is Hunter Hirst Helmsley aka Triple H aka The Game, aka The cerebrial assasin.

My favourite is Mick McManus.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:06 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Crazy fools?

My favourite wrestler of all time is Hunter Hirst Helmsley aka Triple H aka The Game, aka The cerebrial assasin.

My favourite is Mick McManus.

My favourite is Kendo Nagasaki.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:21 am

I don't have a favourite. It is beneath me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:22 am

Odd one out and why

1. I never wanted to be your weekend lover, I only wanted to be some kind of friend. Baby I could never steal you from another, It's such a shame our friendship had to end

2. When you're close to me, I can feel your heart beat I can hear you breathing near my ear

3. We're so glad to see so many of you lovely people here tonight, and we would especially like to welcome all the representatives of Illinois' Law Enforcement Community who have chosen to join us here in the Palace Hotel Ballroom at this time. We do sincerely hope you'll all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are, and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody.

4. Feel her breath on my face, Her body close to me.
Can't look in her eyes, She's out of my league

5. Women seem wicked when you're unwanted, Streets are uneven when you're down

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:26 am

1. Purple Rain - Prince & The Revolution
3. Everybody Needs Somebody - Blues Brothers
4. She's Like the Wind - Patrick Swayze

Something to do with films/colours

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:28 am

seanmichaels wrote:

5. Women seem wicked when you're unwanted,  Streets are uneven when you're down

The Doors - People are Strange

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

Given Jule's answers is more likely to be Echo and the Bunnymen Tina, which was used in the Lost Boys, ties in with the film theme.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:31 am

2 is Grovvy Kind of Love, by the Troggs or the antichrist, given the film theme is likely to be the latter as it was the theme tune for Buster.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:34 am

Is it that the singers also starred in the film?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:34 am

Rowley wrote:Given Jule's answers is more likely to be Echo and the Bunnymen Tina, which was used in the Lost Boys, ties in with the film theme.

Whatever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:39 am

Adam D wrote:Is it that the singers also starred in the film?

Looking for the odd one out

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:40 am

Echo & The Bunnymen are the odd one out - the didn't star in the film

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:41 am

Just like to point out to Jeff that Andover's finest didn't write or cover 'Groovy Kind of Love'.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:42 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Echo & The Bunnymen are the odd one out - the didn't star in the film

Correct.

Was going to include Madonna's Die Another Day but the lyrics were jibberish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:50 am

Bit of knowledge here. Roachford is now in Mike and The Mechanics.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm

Michaelsed.

Where is RiCk?  Has he drowned in a bowl of soup.  Like the bloater who died in Se7en?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:05 pm

Wrote my JFK thread on the off topic section. Not sure why I put such effort into winding onetwo up. Other than the obvious answer that it is fun.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:21 pm

Rowley wrote:Wrote my JFK thread on the off topic section. Not sure why I put such effort into winding onetwo up. Other than the obvious answer that it is fun.

It's good stuff, Jeff. Genuinely.

But, I know next to nothing about the whole incident and have never seen or read a single thing about it so I'll leave it to ONEBALL to completely discredit your thread. Which he will surely do.

Good luck.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:23 pm

Cheers Tina. I have to find some ways to fill my days, as obviously I am not going to do any work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:51 pm

Adam D wrote:
Rowley wrote:Do you think we will get the next round of the music cup today or are we still on Tina scheduling?
Today is the day, when your legendary pick will be revealed.

Slow.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:53 pm

Unacceptable. I almost considered working 5 minutes ago until I found an article on sports turf conditioner.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 1:59 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Unacceptable. I almost considered working 5 minutes ago until I found an article on sports turf conditioner.

I just read an article on flying spiders.

Adam is a liar and a fraud. This whole Music Cup is a fraud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:05 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Adam D wrote:
Rowley wrote:Do you think we will get the next round of the music cup today or are we still on Tina scheduling?
Today is the day, when your legendary pick will be revealed.

Slow.

Very slow. Even Tino's continental drift of a culture cup wasn't this slow.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm

Just read an article on top 10 most dangerous UK animals. I think it higlights our softc0ck culture.

10. Killer Whale / Orca (never been an attack?)
9. False widow (may smart a bit but nowhere near as painful as a kick in the balls)
8. Fox.....
7. Jellyfish
6. Seaguls (FFS!!!)
5. Adder
4. Cows!!!!!!!!!
3. Red Deer
2. Dogs (fair enough - owning a pitbull says a lot about the person)
1. Wasps and Bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Just read an article on top 10 most dangerous UK animals. I think it higlights our softc0ck culture.

10. Killer Whale / Orca (never been an attack?)
9. False widow (may smart a bit but nowhere near as painful as a kick in the balls)
8. Fox.....
7. Jellyfish
6. Seaguls (FFS!!!)
5. Adder
4. Cows!!!!!!!!!
3. Red Deer
2. Dogs (fair enough - owning a pitbull says a lot about the person)
1. Wasps and Bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No such thing as a seagull (or a seagul for that matter).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:35 pm

Connection

1. When she woke up late in the morning light, And the day had just begun.

2. You with your switchblade posse, I'll get my guns from the south, We'll take to the yard like a man sausage fight

3. You had your time, you had the power. You've yet to have your finest hour.

4. I was born in a crossfire hurricane, And I howled at my ma in the driving rain

5. There's no sure-fire set solutions, No shortcut through the trees. No breaching the wall that they put there to keep you from me

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:44 pm

1 Lovely Day - Bill Withers.
2 Four Kicks KOL
3 Radio Gaga - Queen
4 Jumping Jack Flash - the Rolling stones
5 Ten Story Love Song - The Stone Roses

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm

Thought the link was cards (king, Jack, queen, ten) but can't see how 1 fits, unless it is wrong.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm

2-5 correct, 1 wrong and no connection. FAIL.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:46 pm

I am assuming its an Ace then. And As I can only thin of Motorhead and Ace of Base and I know its not Lemmy, I will go for Ace of Base!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:48 pm

1 could be How Long by Ace

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:49 pm

All that she wants - Ace of Base.

Connection - Royal flush.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 19 Aug 2015, 2:56 pm

seanmichaels wrote:All that she wants - Ace of Base.

technically its a straight.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 19 Aug 2015, 3:11 pm

Adam D wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:All that she wants - Ace of Base.

technically its a straight.

Fair point only a royal flush if they are all suited.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 19 Aug 2015, 3:30 pm

I can assure you they were all wearing suits.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:01 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I can assure you they were all wearing suits.

Flashback to boarding school?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

Haberdashery wasn't his strongpoint obviousy. A bit of thread on butt would have barely hurt him, I'd wager.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:12 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Haberdashery wasn't his strongpoint obviousy. A bit of thread on butt would have barely hurt him, I'd wager.

Depends how skilled the threader was

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Depends how skilled the threader was

and if he had a strong measuring tape... preferably made on the continent

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 19 Aug 2015, 6:58 pm

Can I just say that today is the day Sean became my favourite poster on this thread. Bow down to the king.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 19 Aug 2015, 8:08 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Can I just say that today is the day Sean became my favourite poster on this thread. Bow down to the king.

I think that michaels has hacked Dolphin's account.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 19 Aug 2015, 8:39 pm

Galted wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Can I just say that today is the day Sean became my favourite poster on this thread. Bow down to the king.

I think that michaels has hacked Dolphin's account.

Either that or Dolphin has been selected as prefect

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 20 Aug 2015, 12:45 am

Knows his onions in the wrestling world, and makes awful tv more interesting. Don't worry, it'll hit you one day; you'll be stuck at home watching Celebrity Family Fortunes and as an extremely mediocre celebrity walks on as guest you will wonder to yourself thus:

"I wonder if Sean has ever fingered Anna Ryder Richardson?"

None of you lot lighten up my early Sunday evening TV time. Never chuckled over the thought of Galted falling asleep on the toilet so he doesn't incur Galtova's wrath. Not once have I been anything but worried that a rather slow news day will bring me a sub-headline "and today also marks the passing of the creator and star of Bodger and Badger. Known to his friends as Jeff Rowley, the children's entertainer headed many bookies shortlists as the next star to be arrested in the Yewtree investigation."

Although I did spend one evening celebrating the thought of Tina being kept hostage in a small village in Rwanda. It was sore the next day though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 20 Aug 2015, 7:23 am

Morning...

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 20 Aug 2015, 7:28 am

Morning Rick the Crick

Grey and Wet down south so curiously reminiscent of Julius or So tinos wife tells me

Hows goes it in Gods own country?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 20 Aug 2015, 7:42 am

Grey and dry Shah, though as I will be spending most of my day in a meeting room it don't mean a thang...

I see we eventually got round 3 up, some goodies in there

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:05 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote: creator and star of Bodger and Badger.

In my all too brief stay at University, I spent my first and only year living in halls with the son of one of the cameramen for Bodger and Badger.

True story (or GOSPEL, if you'd prefer). Never in my wildest dreams did I think Bodger and Badger would come up on here so I could recall that story. He also did some filming for Eastenders but the Bodger and Badger thing is far more interesting.

So thanks, Dolphin. Thanks for bringing the little mashed potato covered critters up.

And Superfly :- f*ck you and your "I've played pétanque with the drummer from Del Amitri".

I've just smashed you out of the park.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:08 am

I'd finger Anne Robinson.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Aug 2015, 8:09 am

I've fingered a librarian.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next