The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
JuliusHMarx
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
Adam D
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Rowley
15 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

WADAW.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm

4 Mr Sydney Poitier? If not it could be the maid from Gone with the Wind.

6 Babe Ruth at a guess

7. The Jazz Singer

8 Nadia Comaneci?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm

Alistair wrote:I had seAn down as more of a Buckfast/Special Brew type of person.

12 cans of strongbow and a bottle of red for tonight.

Waitrose smoked ham and mustard mayo sandwich, tub of edimame. 7/10.
Would rate higher but feel a bit dicky. I have been drinking a 2 litre bottle of aloe vera flavoured water overnight (helps with the hangover) and have only just found out it gives you the erthas.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

superflyweight wrote:4 Mr Sydney Poitier?  If not it could be the maid from Gone with the Wind.

6 Babe Ruth at a guess

7. The Jazz Singer

8 Nadia Comaneci?

First three right, the last one is not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

Olga Korbut?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:21 pm

Charles Cooper was the founder of Mini Cooper so either Rally car maker or Jack Brabham first formula one car?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:23 pm

Afraid not superfly. Incorrect Rick, name would appear to be a coincidence as it is not motor sport related.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm

Fairy nuff then...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:25 pm

Was Spice Girls,Wannabe?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

Rowley wrote:Today's quiz knows that second place is nowhere, and can't be bothered to do 10 questions.

1 Who were the first band to go to number one with their first three singles?

2 Who was the first president married in the White House?

3 What first did Charles Cooper achieve (clue, sports)?

4 Who was the first black actor to win an award in a major category? Sidney Poitier (SeAn)

5 What was the first Spice Girls single not to go to number one? Stop (SEaN)

6 Who was the first player to hit 50 home runs in a season? Babe Ruth (Alex Salmond)

7 Which film was the first “talkie”? The Jazz Singer (Alex Salmond)

8 Who was the first woman to be awarded Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the year (clue, 1972)

Last edited by Rowley on Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

Spice Girls was 'stop right now, thankyou very much, I need somebody with a human touch'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

Bit of a left field guess on 8 then - Princess Anne?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

hey you, always on the run, gotta slow it down baby, gotta have some fun

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Was Spice Girls,Wannabe?

No, later in their career. Was kept of the top by It's Like that by Run DMC. Probably does not help you, but I wanted to show off.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:27 pm

Charles cooper is he first black baseball or basketball player in the professional yank leagues nba or mlb

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:28 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Charles cooper is he first black baseball or basketball player in the professional yank leagues nba or mlb

You can have that Shah, first black player in the NBA. Think I am right in saying Jackie Robinson acheived the feat in the MLB

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:29 pm

Rowley wrote:
Rowley wrote:Today's quiz knows that second place is nowhere, and can't be bothered to do 10 questions.

1 Who were the first band to go to number one with their first three singles?

2 Who was the first president married in the White House?

3 What first did Charles Cooper achieve (clue, sports)? First black player in NBA (Shah)

4 Who was the first black actor to win an award in a major category? Sidney Poitier (SeAn)

5 What was the first Spice Girls single not to go to number one? Stop (SEaN)

6 Who was the first player to hit 50 home runs in a season? Babe Ruth (Alex Salmond)

7 Which film was the first “talkie”? The Jazz Singer (Alex Salmond)

8 Who was the first woman to be awarded Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the year (clue, 1972) BJ King (Rick)

Last edited by Rowley on Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:30 pm

That was just an educated guess considering the rest of the questions. Call me sherlock. But not sarcastically or in any other derogatory manner.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:32 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:That was just an educated guess considering the rest of the questions. Call me sherlock. But not sarcastically or in any other derogatory manner.

Because it rhymes with c*ck?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

Clue on number 8, she is what a lot of women end up being after spending time in Sean's company.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

Well, I may have been to London today, but I did not hear the sound of the underground. Cheryl's front for racist attacks are the answer to numero uno?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:34 pm

Afraid not DZ, way before them or the Spice Girls.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm

Rowley wrote:Clue on number 8, she is what a lot of women end up being after spending time in Sean's company.

Lesbian ? Balding?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm

You're on the right track Shah

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:36 pm

LOL BJ king?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:37 pm

Navratilova? Billie Jean King?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm

Are you just copying my posts today Adam?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm

Rowley wrote:Clue on number 8, she is what a lot of women end up being after spending time in Sean's company.

Alcoholic manic depressive?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:That was just an educated guess considering the rest of the questions. Call me sherlock. But not sarcastically or in any other derogatory manner.

Because it rhymes with c*ck?

Are you groomed neatly today?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm

A. C*nt?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Are you just copying my posts today Adam?

He's going to delete your posts once the thread has been split

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm

Bored of life?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm

A lesbian? Navrat wouldn't have been, BJK?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:41 pm

Infected?

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:41 pm

Clue to one is they are scousers, clue on two is Browns and Indians

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:41 pm

Wow, in the minutes it took my to give up on a Michael Jackson joke around Billie Jean the whole world answered

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:42 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Wow, in the minutes it took my to give up on a Michael Jackson joke around Billie Jean the whole world answered

It wouldn't have been a thriller anyway

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Wow, in the minutes it took my to give up on a Michael Jackson joke around Billie Jean the whole world answered

Beat it Shah, am trying to run a quiz here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

Rowley wrote:Clue to one is they are scousers, clue on two is Browns and Indians

Too obvious being the Beatles. The only other scouse band I know, Gerry and the Pacemakers? But I couldnt tell you if they ever released anything other than that god awful song the Celtic fans sing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

Rowley wrote:Clue to one is they are scousers, clue on two is Browns and Indians

Is number 2 'What do South Africa have to have at least 3 of in their cricket side?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

Rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Beat it Shah, am trying to run a quiz here.

It's always black or white with you

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

Very good DZ, it was indeed the awful Gerry and the Pacemakers

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=60311

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum